Wavecrest Management Employee Reviews

Can be very fun at times, but horrible management.
Porter (Former Employee) –  Ocean Bay housesJune 18, 2019
I have seen another review that I completely agree with. I believe I was doing very well handling my duties, but was told otherwise by management. I truly believe that my skin color was a very big factor. I received plenty of compliments from residents, but was told I had alot of complaints. Not but a few days after I was let go for a bunch of minor reasons, that I believe to be falsified. There is now a Spanish guy working in the building that I broke my back to get in order. But that is the side effect of working for a privately owned company. Never again. Btw, I cleaned a double building with a laundromat connection. BY MYSELF!
Cons
Trying to save money, by buying materials that make the job harder to complete.
Modern day plantation!
Tax Credit Specialist (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYDecember 11, 2018
The most unprofessional company I ever worked. they offered the worst benefits with no training.
There are no perks about this company.
RUN DO NOT WALK!!!!!
enjoyafull place with sweet climate
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  New JerseyOctober 26, 2018
Working in wavecrest was too enjoyable, most so in enjoying the climate and their culture to their clients and employees, I enjoyed and is an echo to the ceo
Pros
free lunches
Cons
a lot of health care
Wavecrest
Re-Rental Tax Credit Assistant (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, NYOctober 8, 2018
It can get stressful but what job doesn't. I have made good friends here and I have learned a lot of useful things. I have gained new skills and lasting experiences.
Pros
fun staff
Cons
sometimes messy
Horrible in house supervisers
Landscaper/Groundskeeper (Current Employee) –  Far Rockaway, NYOctober 4, 2018
Wavecrest mangement is very racist team . You only hire to fit in with the government regulations. After a few weeks of employment you are fired because its a paper trail for labor board.
They only hire Latinos for permament postions.
I was hired as a painter full time and never was allowed to paint one unit. I was a mover, janitor, landscaper,cleaned out apartments,clean up raw sewage , flyers.

You cant say anything because you need your job and no one listen to you anyway.

Mangerment dont care. And all are liars
Dont look for longterm employment if you are black person.
Pros
If youre Latino you have a full job.
Cons
If you black you only there for a very short period of time. Not long enough for unemployment
Interesting working with so many different cultures.
Occupancy Specialist (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYSeptember 19, 2018
I enjoyed working at Wavecrest. They are a very well organized company. And the owners were very nice. Most of the employees there are very knowledgeable people,
n/a
MAINTENANCE WORKER (Current Employee) –  arverne nyAugust 9, 2018
do not care to disclose personal opinions everyone views is different its a learning experience in the process and journey and i look forward to take my expertise else were
managment
Maintenance/Porter (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 16, 2017
Well managment was bad in my opinion, unresponsible, would forget to pay you the over time you work, always late on supplies or low on supplies.Don't treat workers as they should be treated with respect. The worst company i have ever worked for ever!!
Pros
good co workers
Cons
management no good
Horrible boss
Porter (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 12, 2017
Its more of who you know to keep a job here, its not based on your overall job production. If you know people in the company then they will give you a job if not keep looking.
Productive work place
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Far Rockaway, NYOctober 6, 2017
Started there as a porter ended up moving up to being a building superintendent 4 months after working there.was a great job opportunity at the time
I needed something better paying
Felt like because i was coming from a different boro they didnt give me a chance.
Porter (Former Employee) –  Bedford-Stuyvesant, NYAugust 22, 2017
Did not feel like i got a fair chance. My supervisor made me feel like he was doing everything in his power to let me go. Co workers didnt want to work with me because i believe my supervisor told them to treat me the way they did.
i dont know
Superintendent (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 17, 2017
maintained a 120 unit condominium building handled all paper work relating to payroll supervise and trained a staff of 7 employees scheduled all appointments for building maintenance handled the ordering of building maintenance and office supplies
Heavy Work Load
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, NYFebruary 12, 2017
A typical day would consist of interacting with tenants,answering calls, scanning tenant files into techniverse. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I interacted with the tenants resolving their issues leaving them with a smile on their face. I felt like the tenants knew I was on their side.
Pros
Always a lot of work
Cons
Short breaks, Healthcare
Fun workplace with low salary
Superintendent/ Residents Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, NYFebruary 7, 2017
It was a new building and a one person job. I was the superintendent, I did the porter work and handyman work. It was a building of 44 units and I was able to keep it in good condition, with no history of any violations.
data entry
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 16, 2016
inputted information in accounting dept. Which bills need to be paid and the ones pending. Also send out checks and payments. Filed away all checks that where cashed and inputted
Typical Day
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYNovember 11, 2015
A typical day would be answering phones, assisting residents and non residents. Responsible for the safety of the residents and the cleanliness of the building.
Pros
Interacting with the residents
Cons
Lunch hour was never an hour
Great place to develop Lease Up Skills
Certified Occupancy Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hillside, NYJanuary 22, 2015
New Development lease up skills were honed in and perfected.
Productive and family oriented place
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYJuly 1, 2014
working for Wavecrest I have learn so many good thing including the fact that a job is not only that is much more is a family that work together to reach a goal.
Pros
family oriented
Cons
location