Wawa Employee Reviews

Found 2,542 reviews matching the search See all 2,552 reviews
Great environment
Food and Beverage Server (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLOctober 18, 2018
overall a great place to work,great management great experience working with different cultures.I well recommend this job to anybody that is willing to have a great future
Pros
discounts
Cons
short breaks
Great job
Cashier/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 17, 2018
Great way to expand your customer service skills
Come in contact with all walks of life
Management is typically pretty cool but not all the time
Pretty easy job well paid
crazy but worth it
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Lacey, NJOctober 17, 2018
as busy and stressful as it can be (depending the location of the store) its beyond worth it. 401K (optional) after three months, great health insurance after a year, automatic stocks after a year
Great place to work! Everyday will almost never be the same!
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Brandon, FLOctober 16, 2018
There are several different duties to fulfill on a regular day at Wawa. Someone to be on the register, a focused, communicative group of people to operate in the Deli and beverage area, and one to three managers to oversee the associates and store operations.
Pros
You will make long lasting connections to the people you work with. Almost like a family.
Cons
Break policy needs to be looked over.
N/a
Cashier and Cook (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 15, 2018
I learned at wawa you have to have good customer service, always stay in Unifrom have a smile on your face when your at work , make the customer feels like there welcomed
Wawa
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 15, 2018
They pay was better than average for the industry but not enough to live off of.There was probably too many hours to work to much to do higher than average turnover .Its a lot to handle depending on store location,and the culture has definitely changed since I have been there but its not for me .
Pros
paid weekly, stock options, etc
Cons
theft, crime, high turnover rate
Crazy
Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, VAOctober 14, 2018
I had a lot of fun at this job. There was always something to do and we were always busy. The manager at the time made all the difference. Not a terrible place to work.
100% understaffed
Night Supervisor (Current Employee) –  FloridaOctober 12, 2018
Just be aware, your store will always be understaffed because that is how the company wants it to be and you will always be stressed.
Forget having a personal life.
Rewarding place if willing to sacrifice personal life
General Manager (Current Employee) –  North Wildwood, NJOctober 12, 2018
Culture is great, compensation is fare. Has its ups and downs, company is late into digital/mobile offer.
Great opportunities for career if in the right area.
very fun work environment. great staff
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Leonardo, NJOctober 12, 2018
There is two different typical work days. In the winter it is usually slow and you focus more on cleaning. In the summer it is super busy and you are meeting new people through out the day. Management is extremely great, everyone works as a team.
Pros
paid breaks
Cons
can be stressful if not prepared
Wonderful company
Lead Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  West Chester, PAOctober 12, 2018
Wawa is an exceptional company to work for and I would recommend it to anyone! I was a quieter person who had very awkward social skill with absolutely no self esteem and working for Wawa has changed all that! I am now the most outgoing and friendly person I am no longer afraid to talk to people and have made so many lifetime connections my managers and coworkers are all extremely close family to me now and would never dream of leaving Wawa I have goose blood through and through
Working at Wawa
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAOctober 11, 2018
When I would come to work it would depend which department I would be working in. I learned a lot while working there in the food department. The managers were very nice. The hardest part of the job was when there would be a rush and a lot of people would come in at once. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people.
Pros
The people, and experience
Cons
The long hours
Growing too fast
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLOctober 11, 2018
Wawa was growing too fast as a company and not every store was following the structure the way they should be. The other management weren't trained efficiently to successfully run the store.
Pros
Growth
Cons
Stretched thin in labor
always short handed and always full of excuses of how its going to get better.
Night Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 10, 2018
Manangement gets moved around every 6-9 months so if you get a good one you just get used to them and another one comes. Some are good and some are horrible only out for their own bonus's. Which seem to be mostly based on how little hours they can give employees bases on what was budgeted. Its always about teamwork to get the job done but rarely does a manager actually get out and work much other then the cash register. Often times the bad employees are not dealt with because the turn over is already so high that the need the bodies even if they are bad. Overworked and underpaid is how I would describe it.
Pros
free drink, discount food if you have time for a break
Cons
healthcare is overpriced, management is absent.
I liked the grave yard shift
Customer associate (Former Employee) –  Mantua, NJOctober 9, 2018
It is a compy built at a faced pace for consumers morning, noon, and night and you can also move up in that company if you want to have your own store.
Pros
good company
Cons
Very fast paced.
Great company in providing Customer Needs
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Bala Cynwld ,PAOctober 9, 2018
They Always have what the customer needs . Helps always giving to every person if needed and there are strong ways to grow and move up in the store and ways to succeed in your day to day life too
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 9, 2018
I like working at wawa BUT I can honestly say there are consistency issues they need to work on and they can low of staff on busy night plus the hours they give.
Great First Job
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Township of Howell, NJOctober 8, 2018
Wawa was my first job and one I held down through school. I worked everywhere in the store in my five years there. They pay above minimum wage which is nice. The workload is not bad unless it is a very busy day or someone did not show up. Working the gas pumps or register are both pretty mindless tasks. Coffee and Deli can take a little more effort but managing all of the different timers/codes/cook times keeps your day moving and busy.

Every Wawa store is very different from the next in determining how busy it is, if you can get overtime, and how many people will be working at once. The worst and best parts of working for Wawa come down to the customers and co-workers. Seeing certain customers or working with some really great people can make this job a fantastic experience. In the same vein, you can get unproductive and toxic co-workers or rude and entitled customers. This can make or break your experience. Management is often shifting between stores and moving up. The only manager that stays with the store is the GM so if you GM is great like mine was you will have a good time.

The company-wide culture is nice, corporate is constantly coming in with free food coupons, while you are working you have free coffee, slurpiees, and sodas. Food is also discounted, healthy options have a bigger discount. GooseBumps are our in company reward system that can be used for things like sweatshirts and gift cards, but if your store does not give them out often then you are out of luck. Managers get tons of PTO. The real money in working for Wawa for an extended amount of time is
  more... getting the company stocks.

Overall I have had a great experience with Wawa and their flexible scheduling has made this the perfect job while pursuing my education.
Pros
Flexible schedule, stock option, Pto, discounted food, upwards mobility
Cons
Experience dependent on team
good job just mot for me
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Linfield, PAOctober 8, 2018
I wouldn't have left if I wasn't burnt out of food service. It was just annoying that we would always be busy but they always found a way to keep us understaffed.
Great for full time
Associate/Team Member (Current Employee) –  College Hill, PAOctober 5, 2018
I like working at wawa, I just hate having to deal with customers and I hate the fact that you have to have an certain average of hours and have to work for a year there to receive benefits, it’s quite stupid to me. But I love my general manager, he’s awesome. I also hate that the discounts are only like a couple of cents basically
Pros
Good management
Cons
Short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wawa. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K

Women's ratings

2.7Fairygodboss Score

33%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

33%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss