Wawa Employee Reviews

Found 2,623 reviews matching the search See all 2,633 reviews
csa
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Bristol, PADecember 12, 2018
you deal with all types of people.
you learn all aspects of the store.
no problem with management
hardest part of the job was dealing with caddy employees
I stay away from the drama.
Meeting all different kind of people.
Pros
room to advance in the company
Cons
not enough pay
great place to work
Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 12, 2018
The job market gets greatly reduced the older you get because of todays market i.e. cheaper to hire two younger people to do the work of one person because companys don't have to give you full time and or benefits.... Also companies use older employees to teach the younger ones so retail jobs such as these can be tough at times. It just seems that this generation doesn't have the same work ethics that someone from my generation has...ex. showing up on time and ready to work not showing up late and playing with your phone every two minutes etc.calling out out at the last minute before your shift,not completing the tasks at hand etc.Sadly it is what it is.............
Work experience
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sinking Spring, PADecember 11, 2018
Working at wawa is alright but I barely work to cover my normal bills for my car, gas, and phone bills. Barely working really put me under and didn’t help with anything. It made things worse actually. I seeking another job that actually has me working instead of me working one day a week.
Pros
Good food fun people
Cons
Horrible hours, barely worked
Manager (Former Employee) –  orlandoDecember 11, 2018
Easy, fun, respectful job. The benefits are worth it and you get a sense of pride for serving your country and doing what is right.Overall enjoyable job
fun work place
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Bel Air, MDDecember 10, 2018
I loved working at Wawa if I didn't move states to where there was no wawa I would have continued to work for the company. The work environment is fun and face paced and the customers on third shift are awesome.
Fast paced working environment easy for making friends
Associate (Current Employee) –  Township of Jackson, NJDecember 10, 2018
I thoroughly enjoy working for Wawa but it is not my desired career goal. I will absolutely be staying with them until I have secured my career. They have been very good to me; and flexible with my schedule.
Pros
Discounted food while working
Cons
This store in particular was incredibly stressful
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Stafford, VADecember 9, 2018
Had a great experience at wawa I loved working there the only thing i didnt like was management but that's easily overlooked. I loved that place love going to work there
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Amazing vibes, great laughs and relationships.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Orange Park, FLDecember 8, 2018
Typical days at work are quite busy but not too hard to handle. Management is willing to work with your schedule and willing to fix anything if need be. LGBTQ+ friendly.
Pros
Employee discount, cute shirts.
Quick pace
Fuel Associate (Current Employee) –  Paulsboro, NJDecember 6, 2018
When right management is in place can be great to work their. Very good first job. The most enjoyable part of working there is the co workers very good hardworking.
Pros
Discount while working
Cons
Instability in hours
Wawa associate (Former Employee) –  Audubon, NJDecember 6, 2018
There are many opportunities, great place to grow, paid for my college education, excellent pay for performance, incredible retirement plans, (401K, profit sharing, stock ownership), privately/employee owned company, great people, strong values based culture, strong organizational leadership!
Pros
Fun, good environment
Cons
Short break and dicounts only on the clock
relaxing job
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Whiting, NJDecember 5, 2018
Like my managers but never received any hours. I only worked four hour shifts and one to two days a week. I liked the people I worked with and helping costumers. But I disliked that I was never given any hours.
Pros
location
Cons
lack of hours
great job for high schoolers
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Bristol, PADecember 4, 2018
I worked there in high school and the money was great but now since im in college it doesn't pay the bills. If paid more would be a fantastic job to work at all through college.
Pros
friends and regulars
Cons
only discounts when on the clock.
Great for high school and college students
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Willow Grove, PADecember 4, 2018
Learned how to be efficient in a fast-paced environment. Taught food safety and customer service skills. Very flexible with school, and even has a college tuition reimbursement program.
Advancement in the company is almost impossible. You have to wait for the next tier to move up or transfer stores where there is a need for the position (with general manager's permission) to move up even from the lowest roll. Which by the way, there are 40 people in the first position, and one to two persons in the next role up. It is competitive. That is why I highlight high school and college students to have the most benefit from working here.
Pros
paid half hour break
Cons
no advancement
Amazing Company
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Boothwyn, PADecember 1, 2018
Not only was wawa a great work environment, and wonderful company to work for, I was able to excel and climb the corporate ladder. Working with customers has been a pleasure.
I love working for Wawa
Night Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 1, 2018
I love working for Wawa it is a great company. I would just like to broden my horizons and do something else. Wawa is amazing. And the pay is great. Benefits are amazing. Having interactions with different people and getting to know these people they family.
Pros
Benefits, pay
Cons
Working nights for a long period of time. Drama in stores.
Fast paced very productive never a dull moment always working and never sitting down
Associate (Current Employee) –  Gilbertsville, PADecember 1, 2018
Great company hard working managers and associates, always moving and supporting each other great team work and very close as a family benefits are amazing
Pros
Benefits, paid time off, holidays extra money in your pay
Cons
Calling out
Fun environment, very popular location
Associate (Former Employee) –  Mays Landing, NJNovember 30, 2018
Wawa was a semi-relaxed place to work, it was good for making friends and very secure. They were hard pressed to allow anyone to work full time, so they didn't tend to hand out benefits, but when they did they really took care of their employees. They had team building events like pizza parties, and generally allowed people to be human towards one another.
Pros
free drinks and food
Cons
low hours
Good company. Very competitive.
Customer Service Associate & Fuel Attendant (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NJNovember 29, 2018
It was good decent, steady job for me. Pay is better than other places but I didn't exactly get paid enough for all the work that I did on a daily basis, and managers barely recognize their associates. But the company benefits are really good. It can be stressful but also fun if you work with the right people.
Benefits
Cons
No recognition, small raises
Working there
Deli Worker (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJNovember 28, 2018
Working at wawa is pretty good. Its a fast pace job and it does pay the bills. What I learned from that job is that you will run into people who give you so much trouble and no matter what you do, you will always be wrong. You just have to try and find a way to make the customer happy but quickly.
enjoyable and fast paced days
fuel service associate (Former Employee) –  Somers Point, NJNovember 27, 2018
i would go into work at 7am just about everyshift and i would be constantly moving around until 3pm when i would get off. good enjoyable work days with constant customers to attend to.
Pros
great money in paycheck and tips
Cons
very busy sometimes with not nice customers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wawa. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP20%
In the Top 20% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Wawa.

Powered by Comparably