Wawa Employee Reviews

Found 2,705 reviews matching the search See all 2,715 reviews
Fun, fast paced working environment
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLFebruary 21, 2019
Wawa is a good company to work at, it is a fast paced, learning environment. You meet new people everyday and have great team memebers along the way..
Pros
They schedule you around your time
Cons
Somewhat short breaks.. only 15 mins
Great place
Fuel associate (Former Employee) –  Phillipsburg, NJFebruary 20, 2019
This is an excellent place to work at. The staff is great and the work environment is amazing as well. The pay is a great starting rate and id recommend it to everyone
Overall a good company to work for.
Inventory Merchandise Manager (Former Employee) –  New Jersey and FloridaFebruary 20, 2019
The company is a good place to work. Most managers are concerned for their employees well being and will do what they can to encourage staff members to perform to their best. The company as a whole takes care of their employees and treats them like family. Rewards those who go above and beyond their regular duties. The only issues are those managers who are not flexible or willing to be flexible when situations arise. Or if they personally do not like you they can make things difficult for you.
Pros
overall great friendly place to work
Cons
If your not in a clique with management your job could be in jeopardy.
Employee Stock Ownership
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  West Reading, PAFebruary 20, 2019
One of the greatest benefits about Wawa, and why folks stay - is the ESOP. The company is easy to work for, however they often put some of the wrong people in the wrong roles for the wrong reasons. It's fairly simple to move up, but there's no clear cut way to approach it - You often have to provide your own path, and that's what separates a team from their leader.

Other than that, the hardest part of the job is the same as the most rewarding - the customers. Oftentimes they'll have issues and problems like all of us, and Wawa was their place to let some of it out.
Pros
Esop
Cons
Cashing Out Esop after you leave.
Work there years ago
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Boyertown, PAFebruary 19, 2019
I don’t remember how it was to work there but it’s a retail job so I mean what more can I really say plus I haven’t worked there since I was in high school an at the beginning of college
Productive and fast paced
Associate (Former Employee) –  Exton, Pa.February 18, 2019
Set-up for morning and noon rushes
Restock products for fixing breakfast and 2nd shift
production of food for proper times
Managers ran deli and floor work orders
was okay
start breakfast and transition from breakfast to lunch
Customers and customer service
Pros
food discount
Cons
Short breaks under staff
Great Workplace
Manager (Current Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 18, 2019
Company values its team members and strives to create a fun workplace for associates and management while also being actively involved in the community.
Fast Paced
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Egg Harbor City, NJFebruary 16, 2019
Very fast paced job, can be stressful at times, lots of working together as a team, has good values, embrace lots of change, great job advancement opportunity, and great stock.
fast-paced job
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Glenside, PAFebruary 16, 2019
Overall its not a bad job to have. Offers growth potential but have to hold management positions to be offered health benefits. Salary depends on age and/or experience.
Pros
Flexible hours, company incentives
Cons
heath benefits
Fun place to work
Master sanatation worker (Current Employee) –  Media, PAFebruary 16, 2019
Overall it's a good place to work. As long as you do your job and follow procedures you have nothing to worry about. This is from someone working in the warehouse.
Pros
Good pay and group of people to work with
Cons
Forced overtime at times
Very stressful, hard to get breaks, you only move up if you know someone
Food and Beverage Manager (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PAFebruary 14, 2019
If you get lucky enough to get put in a store with a good manager, then your position is still very stressful, but at least the pay is good and they try and be fair with the schedule. You usually have to work at least 2 holidays between Thanksgiving, Christmas. and New Years.
If you are put at a store with a horrible manager, which there are many, then hang it up, because even if you are a single parent, with a child with a disability, you are expected to do overnights, and are not even given any compassion when needing off for your child's therapy sessions. I was told 24 hour availability means just that. Often worked till 11 at night and back in at 6 in the morning. Pay was good, and if you are young and single, with no social life, then this job is for you. Otherwise, you will be working like a dog, and not given ample time to eat, so you go hungry. or eat unhealthy. Most managers I know are on anxiety medication. That is why I left. Not a healthy lifestyle. It is like a cult. You only move up if you know someone.
Pros
free drinks, good pay, meet nice customers
Cons
get transferred alot, no break time, no consistency with employee treatment. too stressful for healthy life/family balance
Fun environment with good people and a good mission
Night Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 14, 2019
A fun place to work, can be fast paced depending on the store, the benefits offered to associates and management are really nice. The overall openness and honesty of the company is really nice.
Pros
Good benefits, fun environment
Cons
Bad communication w/ management
Great starting job, advancement not for everyone.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Englishtown, NJFebruary 9, 2019
Great place to start working for first job or to retire. Stressful environment at times based on traffic and time of day, but great advancement opportunities, though not everyone will find management appealing.
Overall WaWa was a great company.
NIGHT SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAFebruary 7, 2019
I enjoyed working for WAWA. The training was amazing and so was the leadership skills. WAWA offered a lot of assistance to their employees.I only worked for WAWA for three months before I was promoted to Superviser. I was available and always on call, due to multiple call_outs. I received recognition from my managers and employees for great performance.
Pros
Employee assistance
Cons
Short breaks
Great job but no chance to advance
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Lauderhill, FLFebruary 7, 2019
Very generous company. Decent pay but not enough to live in south Florida. Unless you go to college and skip every position to become management, you won't move up for years!
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
No free food, little to no promotions
Its a good job
Fuel Attendant (Current Employee) –  Kearny, NJ 07032February 6, 2019
When you clock It's a nonstop job and its repetitive. Management cares about their employees. Employees there are very family oriented. Customer service is amazing.
Give it a chance
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 6, 2019
Be friendly. Customer service and being great with your team members can make or break you. It’s a wonderful place to work and there are plenty of opportunities to move into management.
Fun working enviroment
Overnight Supervisor (Current Employee) –  DelawareFebruary 5, 2019
Over time I've learned that there is a bias placed between the three shifts that functions at the job. With 1st shift being given a lot of more opportunities for advancement. Not sure if it's a Company wide thing or it's just the store I work for.
Pros
Retirement benefits
Cons
constant changes in gm's
Stressful.
Food and Beverage Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 4, 2019
If you like to work like a slave getting belittled by customers for 8 hours every day with no break or even time to use the bathroom then this is the place for you.

Wawa's standards are very high (as they should be) but with the labor hours given it is nearly impossible to keep those standards high, thus giving you tons of extra stress added onto the customers yelling at you.

Overall great benefits and retirement plans with a company that is constantly growing.
Pros
Free Coffee. Great retirement plans.
Cons
Stressful, bad hours, constant talk of promotion with nothing to back it up.
He has a Wawa Tattoo
Night supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLFebruary 4, 2019
This was the first company to ever proficiently train me for my job title and would continue training me if I felt unsure. First job to believe in me and make me a supervisor. First job that actually takes care of me and gives me the resources I need to survive within the job no where else. This job is really self driven and the gives you all the knowledge you need to ensure success. There is even a call center 24\7 that you can call if you don't know what to do and they will guide you. I love this job everyday is different the work is not hard and there are too many tools to help you become a subject matter expert.
Pros
Employee stock, Benefits, Management advancement, Self driven, Pto
Cons
Favoritism, Give outside hire's supervisor positions, no overtime

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wawa. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight