Wawa Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 2,230 reviews matching the search See all 2,243 reviews
Fun people terrible management
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Medford, NJMay 26, 2018
Wawa is a good place to work for a short period of time but because of constant movement in management, it is hard to want to stay there for to long because of constant schedule changes due to new management.
Pros
Free drinks on job, nice people
Cons
Poor management, people don’t know how to separate Home and work
Fast paced work environment. Limited hours but good work experience
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Holicong, PAMay 26, 2018
Working at a Wawa can be fun at time with other employees or customers. The down side to this is the store I work at has poor management. The hours you will work will be spontaneous. I’m always expect to be available to come in even when i’m not scheduled.
Pros
Discount, 401k
Cons
Short breaks or no breaks.
Very productive place to work with good management and team work oriented
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  VAMay 25, 2018
I have been working at WaWa for 2-3 months now and absolutely love it. I got a job their because it seemed like a good job for someone like me who is 18 and about to start classes in the fall at a 2 year university. The pay right of the bat is really good for someone my age( around 11 bucks an hour), the management was extremely helpful in my training process, and I love interacting with the customers. WaWa also has fun incentives for their employees. I would definitely recommend working here
Pros
Discounts, Flexible Schedule, Good Management
Cons
Some Workers
Excellent company to work with the right leadership
Customer Service ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLMay 24, 2018
Great company to work for as long as you have a good support team. It's very easy to move up within the company and as long as you have the heart and determination you will always exceed expectations
Fun work place
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Petersburg, VAMay 23, 2018
Face past friendly environment you get to know your regular customers you count either be in the kitchen or cash register my managers are great and friendly
Fast Paced, Team oriented
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 23, 2018
A typical day at Wawa is a lot of customer service and making sure every thing is set up for your shift and the next shift
At Wawa, I've learned a lot about customer service and how to safely prepare food
Management at Wawa is relaxed and care a lot about their staff
The hardest part of working at Wawa is customer satisfaction
The most enjoyable part of working at Wawa is the people you meet while working there
Pros
The people
High Standard Job
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Souderton, PAMay 22, 2018
Wawa is an amazing company to work for. The employees are trained to meet and greet customers every day with a smile and positive, upbeat attitude. Every manager comes into work and greets every employee and customer and checks to see how we are doing. Every few moments, we would be checked up on to see if we are okay or stressed out, and typically, the managers assist us with fulfilling customer orders and answer every question that the associates cannot answer ourselves. The hardest part of the job would have to be keeping up with the fast-paced orders that the customers put through our menu screens, but since there are a lot of associates on call, we are able to work through them together and finish every task that we need to complete.
Pros
Scheduled breaks according to smoker status and law regulations, such as according to hours scheduled (15 or 30 minute breaks)
Cons
N/a
do your job and go home
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Wawa, PAMay 22, 2018
click type of environment. if they liked you or you were a favorite your job was good. I don't want to do any further review for this company. thank you
Wonderful work place great people fun clean
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 22, 2018
Wawa is amazing place to work at the people are great the stores are clean different options from drinks to food to salads etc... Great opportunity there they really look out for you they push you to be the best you can be
Customer Service Rep
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEMay 21, 2018
Cliquish employees - management is the same way - I gave a nice compliment to a much younger employee for his "set the next shift up for success" statement and he took it offensively. I had to back track and explain that I was impressed with that statement and it stuck with me whenever I worked. He still took it offensively.

They also juggle too much with the schedule. Friends outside of work got regular hours and when they wanted off they would put my name down on the schedule (handwritten). If I was in only four hours that week and I didn't see that schedule update because they didn't notify you if they made a change to your schedule, I was the one who was called to task on it. One week you are there for 30 hours and the next 4 hours. Don't count on anyone answering the telephones either. Just a haphazard environment with cut-throat tactics behind the scenes.

Need at least two more people onsite for the morning and afternoon shifts as well. Coming from a restaurant environment, they were constantly short-handed. Service affected - do you think?
Pros
Working Indoors
Great Customer Service Environment
fast-paced work days
positive team work
Great benefits
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLMay 21, 2018
It’s a great company to company but like every big company it’s always some mess. The higher ups have never worked on the store level so they don’t understand the struggle.
Pros
Perks
Cons
Call outs
It is a fun place to work and extremely busy so your time flies
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMay 21, 2018
This is a great job if you are fast pace can deal with stress rude customers and not understanding managers. Have to have a very open schedule to work early mornings late evenings or overnights as this stores open 24 hours. This job is great if you like to do more than one thing. You can go from being a cashier to a barista too working in the deli.
Pros
Being so busy makes your shifts go by fast and you get a discount on your food when you are working
Cons
Rude customers high stress not understanding managers
Assistant Manager
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  doylestown paMay 19, 2018
Helping hundreds of customers a day, Management is good they work their employees hard but it is a good company. hardest part for management is different hours every week. It is a enjoyable place to work
Great student job
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hockessin, DEMay 19, 2018
This job is great for people in school or with out high level degrees. They treat everyone well and they encourage you to try and climb the ladder. They will move you around and give you a lot of hours to prove yourself.
I don't have much to say
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAMay 19, 2018
I don't have a lot to say about the location I worked for. In a nutshell things were very unorganized. Management was a mess, unethical, didn't care for employees.
Enjoyed talking to the regular customers
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Pottstown, PAMay 18, 2018
Job duties every day is work the cash register, replenish stock items, work in the deli area, as well as, the coffee area, general housekeeping, reconcile safe, assist customers.
Pros
Enjoyed meeting new people.
Cons
Working in the Deli during the busy lunch rush.
fast paced work, need to be quick on your feet
CASHIER & FOOD SERVICE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Glen Mills, PA 19342May 18, 2018
good place to work if you need a job while in school, enjoyable if you like working fast. management was sub-Parr, but it didnt really effect day to day work
productive fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 18, 2018
very fast pace always something i learned how too make deli orders how to stock and inventory Hardest part when working the grave yard shift was when customers are coming from the bar
Pros
won points and could order company items
Cons
short breaks
Every Store is Different
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAMay 17, 2018
My store was a very high traffic store, so things were crazy a lot of the time. But every store environment depends on the people who work there and how much foot traffic you get.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wawa. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

59out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Wawa.

Powered by Comparably