Wawa
69Average

Wawa Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA13 reviews
Groundhog Day with Decent Music
You serve food and clean up messes at a gas station. The work is tedious, monotonous, and tiresome. The job does offer good benefits if you work there long enough. The store plays good music so that keeps it somewhat fresh.
not good
hated it every body that worked there was just always negative and sneaky never was a good night alway fussing I said I would never work at the company agin it was so bad I quit
Friendly, honest managers & helpful coworkers. Great place to work at at any age and with any background/experience. Works around any type of scheduling conflicts.
Productive and supportive
I enjoy my time at WAWA, but it is time to move on to bigger things I can't work at a convince store my whole life. I am expecting my first child and want to work at a place that provides better pay and better benefits. However, for a first job it is beyond perfect.
Can be fun depending on your team and management. Typically a younger adult setting.
This job started off amazing. It all just depends on your team and management. There are many great reason to join this company, and like every other job, many cons as well. If you are seeking employment in newer stores, growth will come relatively quickly.
Pros
Health insurance. Tuition Reimbursement. Flexible schedule
Cons
Bad home work balance.
productive workplace with advancement opportunities
Overall a very good company to work for. Outstanding pay and benefits, strong workplace culture and excellent structure. Challenges with work/life balance and hours can be unpredictable, which can be a hard.
Company has outstanding community outreach, and an abundance of volunteer opportunities.

Very good management overall.
Pros
employee discounts, benefits
Cons
unpredictable work schedule
Consistent work, little management, low standards
A typical day depends on position, but involves a constant flow of work through a responsibilities list between working with customers, often with little to no help as shifts are run as skeleton crews, with no backup plans for call outs. While the constant work is good, there is little to no management oversight, as they are usually preoccupied, and as such the environment allows employees to do little to no work. Blame for when things don't get done is often shifted, usually to other shifts and people not responsible for the work. This means that the work continues to not get done as no one feels it is their responsibility. When hired, they say they exclusively promote from within, but they often hire management from outside the company, providing little training on responsibilities, and leave people who are not prepared for the role in charge of shifts or the store as a whole. While there is a typically upbeat atmosphere around the store, it is at the cost of accomplishing basic, necessary tasks. After one year of full-time work, you can apply for health insurance, of which they have a good selection of coverage including dental and vision, however that is the extent of the benefits. The employee discount can only be used on the clock, only on a select group of Wawa brand items, and is 35%, 50% if it falls on an even smaller list of items. Outside of this, even starting to eat before paying results in threats of termination of employment.
Pros
Good health care (after one year full time), paid breaks, competitive pay
Cons
Small restrictive employee discount, careless management, poor scheduling, favoritism
Great place to work with great people
It was a good place to work with great management. The management were flexible and understanding. The work place was fast paced most of the time. The benefits were nice and the pay was good as well.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Did not receive a pay raise
The management at Wawa is great they work with you and treat you fairly. Its a great place to work at and learn many things. You can either work morning, evening, and then night shift.
Pros
Discount of Wawa products
Cons
Short breaks
Poor scheduling/intimidating management
Wawa has been an okay experience for me. I started out being 3 weeks pregnant and i had full time hours and they worked with me and were understanding of it. after my pregnancy they started cutting hours even though i was full time.i started off working 35-40 hours to less that 15 hours...its disappointing because you also have to wait a year to gain any health coverage or benefits, being promoted is pretty easy if they give you the training, i had barely communicated with my store manager, management were disrespectful as far as authority goes.
Pros
discounts on food/free drinks
Cons
sucky management/terrible hours
Great People
Very friendly guest and great people to work with. They are more like a family then coworkers. We babysit each other kids and have parties when its needed.
Good temporary job
Pays weekly, easy work, but annoying management. Very annoying to try to advance in the company. Very flexible hours which is the best part of the job. 24/7 365 and pays well on holidays.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
annoying management and company
Productive and exiting.
i've learned the basic of retail management and cash drawer safety as well as alcohol and carding awareness.
Pros
Lots of learning, free drinks