Wawona Packing Employee Reviews

Worked well with employees.
Dept./Parts Manager (Former Employee) –  Cutler, CADecember 16, 2018
Maintenance Dept worked as a team and always had each others back. great attitudes and always willing to teach each other. Keeping all pack lines operating at peak performance during picking season was fast pace and challenging.
relaxing place to work
Grader/sorteadora (Former Employee) –  Clovis, CANovember 15, 2018
i have learned more about fruit and working with different people. one of the hardest part of the job is that sometimes good fruit is thrown accidentlly
Good
PACKER, STICKER/WAXER, BAG OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Cutler, CANovember 12, 2018
Job is good, get the minimum wage pay, different shifts during summer nd winter season, but management needs help more on orginazation and being more kind with people
It's okay
Packer (Former Employee) –  Cutler, CAOctober 27, 2018
It was really fast paced. Supervisors need to have more one on one training with new employee's. They also need better pay, more benefits and incentives for the employee's hardwork.
Overall
Feild worker (Former Employee) –  Madera, CAOctober 19, 2018
Overall through everything it was great to work and make money. I personally love money and I'll work till I have it. Also its great to try something new.
Productive fast working environment
General Labor Worker (Current Employee) –  Cutler, CAOctober 1, 2018
Wawona packing Co in Cutler is a really hard-working employer there's always something to do. Good way to pass the time with fast-paced work and really busy always.
hardwork and backbreaking that pay low
Farm Laborer (Former Employee) –  Cutler, CASeptember 11, 2018
hard and backbreaking work that should really pay more for such work and no benefits its not worth working so hard for such low pay its tiring for the early starts both in winter and summer
Pros
we had to bring or own lunch
Cons
we had three fifteen minute breaks
Sanatizer
Sanatation worker (Current Employee) –  Cutler, CASeptember 9, 2018
Wawona is a busy company worth working . Being a Sanitizer is one of my favorite things to be because it’s relaxing to me and I just get better at cleaning machines
Rover (Former Employee) –  Cutler, CAAugust 21, 2018
Most enjoyable part of the job would be that you interact with many people from different cities at this workplace you meet so many different types of people.
Pros
The pay
Cons
Schedule
Perfect summer job with long hours
Shipping department Stacker/Pelletizer (Former Employee) –  Cutler, CAJuly 11, 2018
Fast-paced and really busy with there always being something to be done. I had no experience and had to learn on the fly. I picked it up pretty fast and was always on the go. The crew was pretty good at helping you with whatever you needed help on. I'm fairly short, so the high stacked orders were the most difficult for me.
Pros
A lot of hours, good pay
Cons
no days off.
Travel
Research and Development (Former Employee) –  Cutler, CAApril 24, 2018
For this company it was stressful to work, there was a lot of pressure put on the employees. The best thing to do at this company was when we had to travel to do companies bussniess.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Something no breaks or no lunch on time
An excellent company full of opportunities
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Cutler, CAFebruary 14, 2018
My work in the company was in Quality and control was very satisfactory I would like to return in the next season
Good work environment fast pace
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Cutler, CAJanuary 18, 2018
Work environment is very productive and fast pace. The job is physically demanding, long hours of standing can take a toll on you, but if you can put that aside its a good job for someone young like me.
Hard Work
Field Laborer (Former Employee) –  Cutler, CAJanuary 17, 2018
With any field labor job, it's a lot of manual hard labor. Lifting and picking in the heat makes for a long day at times. Luckily we started our day before the sun was up and ended before the peak of the heat.
inventory clerk sanitation
Inventory clerk (sanitation) (Former Employee) –  Orosi, CADecember 4, 2017
my job as a sanitation clerk was to take inventory on any type of product coming in and out of the sanitation room . I was also in charge of making sure any one new coming in new to sanitation knew the safety guidelines.
Bad hours and minimum pay.
Fruit Packer (Current Employee) –  Cutler, CASeptember 9, 2017
Bad treatment, usually offer break and lunch late. Hours aren't too good. Breaks are not given on time mostly, and strict on length. Basically no benefits.
Good hours,but unstable schedule
Fruit Packer (Current Employee) –  Cutler, CAJuly 12, 2017
The job does offer many hours,but the work schedule is unstable you don't know the next day starting time until the end of the work day. Sometimes you start early other times you start late. The breaks are supposed to be every two and a half hours but they are short and you don't know how many breaks you will receive. For example I worked night shift and some times we would receive ten min breaks, one 30 min lunch break, and if you worked more than ten hours a d39 min dinner break. Also the lunch and dinner breaks are taking out of your paycheck. The management is alright. There are some really nice people,but the supervisors play favorites. It's about who you know. It is really fast paced and the types of fruit and the packing period of the fruit varies. Sometimes you can get stuck packing the same fruit all day and other you would switch constantly. P
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Short breaks
Packer (Former Employee) –  Cutler, CA 93615June 6, 2017
Working at the Wawona Packing house was a good experience because I got to learned to do some of the harder's jobs. Some of the benefits are pay overtime and the amount of hours you get to work per day.
Cons
lot of hours, meet a lot of new people
Packer (Former Employee) –  Cutler, CAMay 9, 2017
It was a lot of hours, but enjoyable working with a whole lot of new people. It was quite hard at the beginning because its a fast pace work and you have to use your judgement of the fruit and make quick decisions.
Pros
hours
Cons
short breaks
its a fast paste work environment
Electrician/Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Cutler, CAMarch 9, 2017
its a stone fruit and citrus pack line so very busy . theres alot of machines running so we have to make sure plant is at its best so we don't get any or very little downtime.
Pros
a lot of overtime
Cons
your scheduled to work 6 days a week all year round with alternating shifts.