Wayback Burgers Employee Reviews

Overall a good place
Cashier and Cook (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCOctober 17, 2019
WayBack is an overall good place to work if your looking for a relaxed part time job. If you work in the front they give you the opportunity to work in the back as well if you want and vice versa. Management is good, the owner and his son are very nice and understanding. Hours are flexible and no one there is really intolerable. On weekdays it’s usually never slow and relaxed but on weekends it can get pretty packed. The only cons are that a raise is unlikely and all jobs are part time so there are no benefits and sometimes they understaff to save money which can become difficult to juggle on your own.
Pros
Nice people, long breaks, easy work
Cons
Low wage, no raises
Management lets you know what you need to do, everyone is friendly, breaks are flexible and the job is satisfying.
Dresser (Current Employee) –  Bryant, AROctober 4, 2019
As my first job, it was a really good experience. Management is very thorough with teaching you what you need to know and interacting with other employees is genuinely fun. While the environment can get stressful (rush hours in restaurants will always be that way) there's a very satisfying sense of accomplishment if you performed your job well during that period. No one hesitates in joking around and decreasing tension from stressful situations.
Pros
50% employee discount on food, friendly work environment, flexible breaks
Cons
Can get very hot; you will almost always be near the grill area, uniforms required
It was a great place to eat
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCSeptember 30, 2019
I personally wasn’t a big fan of WayBack Burgers. It was ok to work there but I didn’t agree with the management. Other than the work environment it was a great place to eat.
fast paced workplace
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 24, 2019
Not busy most of the time but when it gets busy the kitchen gets messy as everyone is trying to get their part done. The customers want their food as soon as possible ad precisely to their order.
Pros
free lunch
Just passing through
Associate (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORSeptember 20, 2019
There was really no room for advancement, there weren't any of your typical perks for working in a restaurant, and no chance for even a crummy raise for sticking with them.
Team like a family everyone works together
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEAugust 26, 2019
Worked there on and off for a little over 5 years. Management was why i kept going back. Fun work environment, easy job, fast paced but can be very relaxed. Can get stressful at times but easy to fall back into place if everyone does their job as assigned. The team is like a family, we all got along and even had some outside events for us as a team
Poor management and overall organization
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXAugust 5, 2019
I only worked here for a week, the work was easy my job consisted of cleaning, making and prepping shakes, the register, and customer service. The staff was very welcoming however the management style was unorganized, the manager seemed confused and stressed like she didn't know how to control situations. I did learn things mostly from the staff since the manager herself never let me finish tasks, she would take over my own position even if I was doing just fine. Again the staff was very helpful and created a warm environment no problems there. For me since I had no experience the register was the most difficult. I do still to this day believe since I didn't have experience the manager used me since I didn't know much about the overall process. After a week working there I had to go out of town that weekend for family reasons I informed my manager she said "alright we will pick up Monday." On Monday she fired me her reasoning was I did not tell her I was going out of town and for that she had to let me go she even told me I have been replaced. I also never signed the following document, ( federal governments Employment Eligibility Verification form) which now I know is extremely important and crucial.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Poor organization
N/a hjhhjjh
Night Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Middletown, CTJuly 10, 2019
Just do your work focus on making customers happy and making sure everything is accurate for your customers that walk through and be sure to greet everyone
Wayback
Shift leader (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJuly 7, 2019
It was okah learned alot working from there I learned how to actually take my time and work and talk to the customers even if there upset and angry and I learned alot about fast food custermer service
Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCJuly 1, 2019
Great place to work, works with your schedule and provides training. The workers are friendly and it give you a comfortable environment. Great place to work
Fast pace and productive work place.
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, TNJune 16, 2019
I was always busy doing one thing or another. My co workers where very friendly and helpful. It was a very fast pace working environment. There was always someone to help if I needed it.
Poorly train
Food Handler (Former Employee) –  Firebaugh, CAJune 15, 2019
Boss would never take care of drama this is not a friendly zone company everyone is disrespectful to boss, does not train you like they say they will do,they just leave you there thinking you know what to do. I do not recommend this job.
Pros
Discount on food purchase
Cons
First break is 15 minutes paid second is 30 minutes not paid.
Horrible
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Mount Dora, FLJune 1, 2019
Wayback was my first job, and it wasn’t a bad first job but. I was highly underpaid for the amount of work I was doing (and the owner knew that and took advantage of my lack of experience and knowledge being it was my first job).

There’s almost no management tree, and they rely on crew to run the store instead of paying a manager like they’re supposed to.
Pros
Slow, quality food
Cons
Low pay, low hours, no benefits
Fun work environment and great owner
Manager (Current Employee) –  Cottage Grove, MNJune 1, 2019
Great place to work. Advancement available but not able to compansate for what is asked of me. I enjoy my boss and coworkers and the food they serve . I got promoted instantly and get prasied for my hard work.
Pros
Advancements available
Cons
Low pay
Nope
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCMay 31, 2019
Low pay and lots of nepotism. If you were not a friend of managers you won't get anything positive. I was told they were not making any money but they hired people after me and paid them better. Asked for more hours and they cut my hours.
Pros
Meal discount
Cons
Low pay and no advancement if you were not friends with owners.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXMay 30, 2019
it was a great place to work because i made friends and i loved working in a restaurant that was old fashioned area. The Boss was bossy but it was for a good cause. she wanted her workers to advance.
Pros
Discounts for Food
Cons
they Start you part time and gender discrimination
It was okay but loved it towards the end
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Chino Hills, CAMay 27, 2019
A typical day was serving, ringing up customers from a day to day basis. It was a team job so everybody had a position per shift. However, sometimes it was multiple positions.
Pros
Creativity of milkshakes
Fun environment, good people
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Plant City, FLMay 21, 2019
For the short time i worked there I enjoyed my time and would recommend people to pursue a job at this place. The environment was inviting and always comfortable.
An Enjoyable Place to Work at
Wayback Burgers Employee (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILMay 11, 2019
I enjoyed working at Wayback, it was my first job and one that I will surely remember. The Wayback I worked at had just recently been built and were looking for new employees. Luckily I just got off of high school and I needed a job. I met one of the 3 managers there and they were excellent. They helped us learn how to work properly without them and as a team of around 4-5 new employees, we were constantly prepared during our job. However, some cons to the job were schedules were not always clear to everyone on who had been working that day and free lunches would take forever to make because we did not have enough on the job that day. I really enjoyed working with the people there and I would say that is the best part.
Pros
Sometimes free lunches
Cons
Tight schedules
It’s a fun work Environment with a ton of fun people
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILApril 17, 2019
I love work at Wayback Burgers, it’s fast it’s fun people and coworkers are friendly. But they are really understaffed so it just turned out to be a super stressful environment.
Pros
Free food
Cons
No break

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wayback Burgers. Our community is ready to answer.