Wayfair Employee Reviews

Personal Development and Growth is no longer
Specialized Service Manager 1 (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTJanuary 2, 2019
I have been with Wayfair for over 5 years now and I feel it is a stable job. However, the changes that have been made seem to be less focused on employee health and development and more on business. As the company continues to grow and become a more corporate company, we are loosing the drive to better our employees. Personally, I feel that my career has been at a platu for the past year and I feel that my development is not important or taken seriously. The expectations is to do do do rather than, "this will help you grow in XYZ ways.
Terrible managment
Unloader/Picker (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 18, 2018
We would work less than 8 hours daily while getting paid 12$ an hour , Terrible warehouse management . Towards the end of my time we would work double time completing a second shifts job which was picking the orders while our job would be to unload the trucks all day sometimes 5 to 6 trucks a day , with no overtime , no extra money , just do it and shut up basically. I didn't shut up so they fired me . They dont even want you touching snacks in the breakroom after you worked hours unloading trucks for them while they make millions we couldn't even get a simple snack.
Pros
1 hour break & back to work
Cons
Wayfair as a whole sucks
Exhausting place to work
Department Head (Current Employee) –  Hebron, KYDecember 7, 2018
They leave little to no time for a personal life with the required hours. They would rather work associates to the brink of sheer exhaustion versus hiring more associates. They offer a end of year bonus but change the rules to qualify DAILY. This is hands down the WORST HR department I have ever witnessed. The HR office is a laughable joke!
Pros
Catered lunch on Sundays during Peak Season
Cons
HR department, Supervisors who cross ethical lines, rules change daily
New company with a lot of room for growth
Deliver Driver (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLDecember 5, 2018
Its a good company for inexperienced drivers. The customers and management expect more than what's required to delivering their furniture. If the paperwork calls for a standard outdoor drop delivery they exact you the give them a full white glove service delivery without giving you the time on the route to serve the customers. If you don't execute the full service you will get a bad survey and suspended or terminated.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Fun place to work, friendly coworkers, questionable management
N\A (Current Employee) –  Brunswick, MENovember 26, 2018
-Listen to from line employees, be proactive versus reactive, value management team and their input and day to day contributions so they also are reminded that they are employees within the organization
-Make better, educated decisions on who you hire. After having three managers in three years on the same team, not one of them was actually qualified for the job.
-The company is now a big organization so the work environment and opportunities for career advancement changed along with the size.
Pros
Free snacks, great work atmosphere
Cons
Upper management seems blind, Quick to make haphazard decisions
Love It and Hate It
Sales and Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTJanuary 3, 2019
First and foremost, the thing to remember with Wayfair is that it is a call center. There is nothing different about Wayfair that sets it apart from other call centers.
The qualification that you have to have a Bachelor's degree is completely bogus. Hardly anyone has a Bachelor's degree who works there. Not even the managers.
The statistical program they work with is inaccurate and VERY delayed. I learned to never look or pay attention to those numbers. As long as you're using the main tools of customer service (i.e. Customer is always right, providing empathy, etc.) then you'll be good.
The culture is pretty chill overall; they've got nice break rooms and some relaxation rooms to use while on your short breaks. The key word there is SHORT!
Hr does not care about their employees
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTNovember 24, 2018
Just another typical call center that doesn’t care about their employees however Wayfair does care about their customers more than their employees (the people who are doing all the work to bring and keep customers). If you have medical problems or family emergencies he doesn’t care. They want you at your desk and working no matter what health condition your doctor is trying To treat and cure.
Pros
Free snacks and drinks
Cons
Sort breaks, micromanagers
Grinder
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTNovember 14, 2018
Long story short, if you are a robot so to speak, and you tap dance as they want you to? Then you will be ok. Basically, you are just a number here to kiss the clients Bum and make money for the business. No more no less. Lord forbid if you have any medical issues. They will just put you in the boat with everyone else and use "Policy" to weed you out. Its all about productivity and numbers.
Pros
Pay
Cons
management, Policy guidelines, unsanitary work areas, rude and belligerent clientele constantly.
Fear based management and age discrimination
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 13, 2018
I love the product. It was exciting to work for a company that was growing in scale and growth simultaneously. However if you are a serious recruiter who is concerned about quality over quantity and high touch candidate experience, DO NOT WORK AT WAYFAIR! They preach about inclusion and authenticity, but everyone is in their 20's and early 30's, most are pretty girls and there is a fear based culture that fear based and not one of psychological safety. What a disappointment. Wayfair needs to pull it together. It is a lawsuit waiting to happen. Out of 250 recruiters only 3 are black and none are 40+ unless level 5 or above.
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
Tattle tales
Great on the Surface, Not so Much Underneath
ASSOCIATE SALES AND SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXOctober 31, 2018
Cool/ fun from the outside: free snacks and coffee, ping pong table, food trucks in the parking lot, etc.
From the Inside: If you do not hit even one of your numbers for a week, you are put on a performance plan and can be fired the next week. Also, if you are leaving DO NOT turn in a 2 weeks notice. There is an unwritten policy at Wayfair to find a reason to "fire" you during your 2 weeks. The only reason I can think of is so they do not have to pay you out. Also, they are very secretive about certain things like ho promotions work. They say you are moving up and then you never do.
Pros
free snacks
Cons
bad work enviroment
Wayfair is an amazing company to work for. They drive for the betterment of the individual in both the selected position and career development.
Team Lead - Sales (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXOctober 28, 2018
Wayfair gave me the opportunity to become an independent adult and grow my skills as not only a sales agent but a manager and overall excellent employee. They provided a harmonious and welcoming work environment. Wayfair was the best company to begin my professional career.
Pros
Personal development, career path, training.
Cons
Specific management personnel
Okay for some
Team Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTOctober 28, 2018
Wayfair used to be the safe space for call centers. It is no longer that. Expectations are different per person and site. One person/ or site may get away with poor metrics for months, but if you have a bad month, you may be in for it. It is in your best interest to be buddy buddy with upper management for job promotions and job security. You are expected to always take constant changes, lack of information, and higher demands with a smile. Moral within the floor is broken. People used to feel cared for. Now it’s very obvious that there is a revolving door for everyone in the center and no ones voice matters.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Management is bias
Fun workplace with good people but noncompetitive pay
Lifecycle Managment Engineer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 30, 2018
Generally I enjoyed working at Wayfair. There was always a lot to do an learn, and I had some of the best coworkers I could ask for. However, management could shift quickly and it was easy to get lost in the tides. Pay was also very low for comparable jobs in the area, which was difficult in an area with such high cost of living like Boston.
Virtual is more relaxed.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  VirtualOctober 16, 2018
I'm a virtual employee and during my 3 weeks of live training I felt supported. As I transitioned out, my Manger kicked butt helping with questions and we still have permission to reach out to those who helped train.

Virtual is nice but expect lots of web cam meetings at first so dress nicely. I usually have comfortable attire on but have a hoodie or over shirt in case of a Webcam meeting.
Pros
Virtual, supportive manager who praises often, plenty of resources
Cons
At times you have to wait for help, customers can be a handful when they're upset.
The company is basically a good company..It has to for improvement in communication,and training properly on equipment and areas using devices.
Processor (Former Employee) –  Erlanger, KYOctober 16, 2018
If training was or is properly trained I would possibly stay.yet I am currently there.8 months and counting.i have received two skids of furniture and learned alot. I have learned how to use Windows and Microsoft while at Wayfair as well. The pace is comfortable and over all beautiful caring individuals employed by Wayfair.
Pros
Free furniture
Cons
Lack of communication
Plan on working OT, year around
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYJanuary 11, 2019
If you like a hostile work environment, long hours for 6 days a week, this is for you. Otherwise, keep looking. The culture that they are creating is going to have future ramifications, as no one will stick around with the amount of jobs available.
Pros
employee discounts
Cons
Don't make plans around any holiday, or the last 2 months of the year.
Poor Management
Operations Analysis Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 16, 2018
Management has no idea what lower level reports do. Management only looks for their best interest and does not get involved with career advancements at all. The company takes advantage of college grads and underpays them and works them like crazy. Turnover rate is within a year.
Pros
fun environment
Cons
poor management, lack of career growth
Decent workplace, careless management.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Cranbury, NJNovember 14, 2018
Work at Wayfair was taxing but not extreme.
Carreer advancement seemed to be based on favoritism however job security was not an issue.
The overall culture of the warehouse was very relaxed.
Pros
occassional lunch, extended breaks, break room.
Cons
Lack of pay raise, lack of heavy equipment training, accountability of other shifts
Engaging Place to Work
Merchandising Associate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 27, 2018
Wayfair is a transparent, diverse place where you have control over your career. The motto is "We are never done". This leads to a fast paced, collaborative environment were ideas are demanded and implemented of you by you everyday.

One of the best work environments that I have ever worked with and the over all culture of the company has you working with great people.
Pros
Benefits, Company Culture, Career Development
Cons
Cost of Living
Phenomenal work environment, amazing staff, great work experience
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTOctober 2, 2018
Not a day went by that I would dread going into work. The managers really cared about their employees and took care of them by any means. your voice and concerns were always heard. And the coaching anyone would receive would always help with any scenario you were put into.
Pros
Break room with ping pong free snacks and coffee
Cons
the bonus structure was lacking

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wayfair. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.6Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight