Wayland Baptist University Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
Nice place to work
Academic Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZAugust 2, 2018
The school is very involved in its students as well as the staff/faculty. They work hard to make sure everyone is getting their needs met and that staff and students alike are able to meet/reach their educational goals.
Completed College Degree
Student (Former Employee) –  Luke AFB, AZJuly 11, 2018
Outstanding College, the focus was on the adult learner. The instructors and faculty worked tirelessly to advance your educational goals and facilitate a relaxed classroom environment.
Excellent Institution-I am an Alumna
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 8, 2018
Wayland Baptist University is an exceptional faith-based environment that keeps you cool, calm and collected. Students were my joy first and staff collaboration was like a big family reunion around the table.
Great Place, Great People, Senior leadership lost direction
Student/Worker (Current Employee) –  Plainview, TXJuly 3, 2018
Work days are standard for a University.
Learned some useful intro IT Support skills.
Lower management is great and friendly.
Upper Management has lost sight of the Organization's Intentions.
A very relaxing workplace with very simple tasks
Bus Boy/Crowd Control (Former Employee) –  Plainview, TXJune 21, 2018
Wayland Baptist University was a wonderful working environment! Since I attended college here, I was able to interact with several of my fellow students. I was also good friends with my supervisor as well so it was easy for me to make connections at this workplace. Being a bus boy at Pete's Place, the duties were very simple. I just made sure the tables were clean and that students there were not getting out of control. While working here I learned that I can really help others just by doing simple tasks. It also taught how to deal with difficult situations properly and how to manage my time better. I would definitely recommend this job for anyone who wants to work here!
Pros
Easy going environment, easy to make connections, friendly management, good payment
Productive environment
Laboratory technician (Former Employee) –  Hale County, TXMay 20, 2018
Excellent learning environment for students who prefer smaller class sizes and more one-on-one contact with professors.

Reasonably priced, with many activities offered.
Pros
Small class sizes
Cons
Located in a small town
N/a
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plainview, TXApril 7, 2018
I was a student worker for the University, so that was the reason why I wasn't paid much. I wasn't a full-time employee and it was with the student work program. The pay was fine, but it could have been a bit better at the time. If you worked over 20 hours per week then Federal Taxes were taken out. If you worked up to 20 hours or less then nothing was taken out of your paychecks. It was great job experience though. You had the potential to learn a lot and start something that could lead to a great career if you stayed with it.
Pros
Great management, ability to learn a lot and grow
Cons
not much pay, not many hours
Assistant Professor
Adjunct Professor for Nutrition & Exercise (Former Employee) –  Plainview, TXMarch 25, 2018
I taught Jazzercise classes at Wayland to the community. Employees and students received a discount.
3 mornings a week I taught an elective class at 7:30am that was a Nutrition and Exercise Class. I did this for few years until I had my first child. Then I just taught Jazzercise Franchise classes at the activities center.
Pros
It was fun working in the Athletic Department
Cons
7:30am was early.
Great place to work!
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 16, 2018
Worked at 3 different external campuses and loved them all. All were very different working environments. Wonderful staff and faculty. Enjoyed my time with them.
Good Place
TX (Former Employee) –  Plainview, TXJanuary 7, 2018
Nice place to work, easy to fit in. They were nice people, easy job to work. Student jobs are different because some of your pay goes to your tuition.
Pros
Good atmosphere
Cons
Cliques
nice place to work
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZJanuary 2, 2018
Fun & relax place to work. Good place to work if you are looking to further your education. Loved working with the instructors, students & the public.
production and management was yearly
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKDecember 28, 2017
The production and management was changing yearly. The students dropped by over fifty percent when I left. I enjoyed working at this company but the workplace culture changed dramatically. I typical day at work was very productive on my part and I tried to teach long term deliverables to my student that they would use in their future.
Pros
Enjoyed the interact with my students
Cons
no healthcare and no support from management
Fun workplace
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Plainview, TXDecember 28, 2017
I love baseball so I love working for my coach and getting paid. My coach made me a happy person he loved me and made everything I did fun. I could do anything as long as I got the job done.
Student Athlete
Athlete (Current Employee) –  Plainview, TXNovember 27, 2017
I love playing volleyball at Wayland. Every one here treats you like you're family. Wonderful environment to grow and learn in. Tough and competitive program.
FINANCIAL AID LOAN SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Plainview, TXNovember 27, 2017
It's a good place to work with great benefits and friendly staff. There are busy times and slow times, just like any other job. This is also a great Christian environment.
nice place
teacher's aide (Former Employee) –  thunder birdOctober 23, 2017
I worked through the school so it was more of training for my career.
they worked around my classes' loved where they placed me and I enjoyed the kids at the school very much. it was hands on training and preparation for the future.
I worked as an adjuct professor
Adjunct Professor of Nursing (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 13, 2017
I did not work full time here. I taught mental nursing one semester. I had several clinicals. Mental health for several semesters, medical surgical one semester and nursing management one semester.
Pros
Reimbursement was good, Director was pleasant
Cons
not enough work
Stressful work environment
Associate Professor of Religion (Current Employee) –  Plainview, TXSeptember 25, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with students, and engaging with them. The most difficult part of the job was working with middle management. While administration is good, middle management is always stressful.
Pros
Good benefit package
Cons
Stressful work environment, distrustful
Keeps you relevant
Adjunct Professor (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Rio Grande Valley, TXSeptember 12, 2017
Teaching in your field keeps you current and allows you to help other students learn and be able to apply that to their careers. Gives you an extra income with moderate effort.
Pros
Part Time and extra cash
Cons
not enough security, positions for advancement currently, still growing
faculdade otima para trabalhar
Auxiliar Administrativo (Former Employee) –  Estados UnidosAugust 10, 2017
sempre trabalhando com profissionais da area da administracao, nao era uma rotina, sempre coisas diferentes para fazer, um ambiente maravilhoso para trabalhar, colegas de profissao que viraram amigos.