Waymouth Farms, Inc. Employee Reviews

Very bad Mgmt don't listen,dirty very dirty,this is a food place
Picker (Current Employee) –  New Hope, MNMarch 9, 2018
Mgmt bad very dirty this is a food place,no climate control,when it gets warm only fans,no doors open,soft chocolate,outdated product,not enough help,pay TO LOW,no gradatude for a job well done,unorganized,behind the times company is very cheep with there money,they ding you for no Drs note when someone is dying,do not work here,3yrs and not even a $1.00 raise.
Pros
Time goes fast
Cons
Bad mgmt, long hours, no gradatude, low pay
Hostile working place
Senior Buyer&planner Sourcing (Former Employee) –  New Hope, MNFebruary 7, 2018
Run when you can . Terrible management.
High turn over rate. A lots threatening and yelling, Never
keep promise, finger point people, managers have no
responsibility.
Pros
no future
Cons
Waste time
Friendly Environment
Engineer (Former Employee) –  New Hope, MNJanuary 9, 2018
Small family owned company that works to provide a quality product in the snack food industry. Management and the operators were all friendly and worked hard.
fun place to work
Ron Lyng - Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New Hope, MNNovember 29, 2017
ok job advancement.started as warehouse worker advanced to assistant warehouse manager.had good manager and owner.gave good employee discounts on product candy shop.close to home not much travel to get to work.
Pros
close to home and good management.
Cons
did not pay so great and had employee turn over.
Company making great improvements
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  New hope MNJuly 13, 2017
I have worked here for a long time and have seen many changes. For many years work culture was poor but new ownership definitely changing and people are more important and finally recognized for doing a good job. Finger pointing has ended, realize people make honest mistakes and culture now more about finding solutions rather than placing blame. Great people to work with, great teamwork. Company works very hard to make a good quality product I am proud of.
Pros
Company very stable and growing, great product, high standards. Good place for advancement opportunities, promotions from within common
Cons
Benefits could use some improvements.
Decent job
Sanitation (Former Employee) –  New Hope, MNFebruary 3, 2017
Work is work. I've learned how to operate some tools and machine. Management was poor and very harsh conditions. Low pay not worth the work. Workplace culture was okay, not too bad. The hardest part about the job is there was always something to do right away after something is done. The most enjoyable part was good co-workers around.
Pros
Discounts on snacks
Cons
Low Pay
Typical work day
Incoming Raw product Quality Receiving Specialist (Current Employee) –  New Hope, MNMay 27, 2016
Very fast paced productive work environment. Plant warehouse and Upper management is pushy and in need of an over hull but are workable with. Lunch breaks are staggered so you can go to lunch when you are free. Documents and paperwork are traceable so there is no way to lose anything, all products used and wasted are accounted for and traced from when enter to when leave warehouse. I learned to manage and oversee a lot of timeloss, Quality, and making products on time. Employees are fun and easy to get along with.
Typical day at work starts with checking and verifying samples, documents for accuracy and enterting them into the system. Any deviations will be placed on Hold for further action and review. Then continue with Production line checks and verification. The most difficult part of the job is communication and time management. The most enjoyable part of this job is eating and snacking on lots and lots of nuts and dried fruits.
Pros
Free lunch, perfect working schedule
Cons
Upper managment, warehouse tracking system is overhulled, time. facilities needs updating.
NIce place
Food Production (Former Employee) –  Crystal, MNJune 8, 2015
Everyday at work it is good i like, i learned some of the new tipping hold, i management with my co woker and plan.
All the co-workers i worked with the all nice and respect.
The hardest part of the job with when i slow on the line, every try to rust the jobs down, that is mistake.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when everyone working together till the day of the shift/
fun place to work
Floor Lead/Assistant Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New Hope, MNApril 20, 2015
good employees got along good .managed truckers and recieving crew got their orders together then did my other responsibilities.hardest part of job setting up warehouse to run more smoothly.
Pros
close to home good bosses
Cons
moved to help parents
Horrible Company
Office Employee (Former Employee) –  New Hope, MNApril 15, 2014
I would not recommend this company to anyone. It's an awful company with disgusting upper management. All they do is point fingers and push you away. Some of the experience is actually very good, but it doesn't make up for the poor culture. The company needs to transfer over the title of President/CEO to someone else and completely rework upper management.
Pros
A few nice people
Cons
Upper Management, No Respect
Very sad place to work.
warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  PlymouthMarch 19, 2014
Downside: This place has zero culture at all. There is not even an attempt at any sort of camaraderie at all. Although it is difficult to even try since the average person only sticks around about a year before the owner chases them out. The other major downside is in most cases you are micro managed to death and unable to perform your job since the over riding feeling is to just survive each day. Most of your day is spent waiting for the next round of complaints and being told that you are not doing enough or getting blamed for issues created by those above you. I have never seen a company that was this dysfunctional and sad.

Upside: The pay for most of the positions is very good. The trick is to be able to survive while earning the pay. However after having to survive in the ways that you do after a while even the good pay does not look very good in the long run.

Conclusion: Like most private companies the culture and respect all start at the top and than filter down. Until the owner retires nothing will change and I would warn anyone to stay away from this company no matter what is promised unless you are a college grad looking for some quick experience to capitalize on and move on after a short time. Once the owner retires this would be a fantastic place to work since the company is in many ways very sound and taking off in sales.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Owner, culture, lack of any sort of respect for employees
Production line worker (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis,MNOctober 13, 2013
Busy work place with good management and team work from co-workers
Pros
health care, bonus, short breaks
package
Packaging (Former Employee) –  MNJune 30, 2013
we make snack food yes we are working hard o i like that job but it is os slow
Pros
This was an enjoyable job with potential for advancement
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNApril 27, 2013
I worked in the office in the accounts payable department. I used the computer to write checks and also wrote ones out by hand from the petty cash. My co-workers were kind and considerate and my manager was excellent to work for. I enjoyed most the collection calls I made each week on overdue accounts.
great place to work
Lead Processing Operator (Former Employee) –  New Hope, MNApril 23, 2013
I learned alot and was very comfortable they also allowed me to make mistakes as I learned
I worked here 10 years.
Driver/Warehouse clerk (Former Employee) –  New Hope, MNNovember 3, 2012
I was young and wanted to work, No matter what I did was never good enough. This place soured my outlook as a whole. I finally realized that the turmoil in this environment started at the top. Stay clear from this outfit.
Pros
going home
Cons
management, harassment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Waymouth Farms, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.