Wayne State University Employee Reviews

Workplace
Student Assistant at Registrar Degree Work (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 30, 2018
Great place to work with very friendly and culture environment. Every member from WSU they are very helpful.I liked working on their environment. I have learned so many things working at the company how I need to be more social and improving communication through out the team members
Pros
Free Lunched
Cons
30 minute Break
productive and fun environment
Catering Assistant, security, janitorial service (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 20, 2018
daily basis I catered to different facilities while a student there at wayne state university . I attended in the catering meals to special events even in such as presidential affairs or high name events . the food was great after.
Workplace
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 16, 2018
Working at Wayne state allowed me to be in a different environment at such a young age. The relationship with my young students were wonderful and i loved everything about it.
Pros
Relationships
Cons
Stairs
Good
student Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 14, 2018
Working at Wayne State University as a lab assistant is a privilege as well as a great responsibility. I have been allowed many opportunities while working at the school.
An interesting place to work.
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 10, 2018
A lot of rushing around the building and not enough encouraging the students. I did enjoy helping with the different languages (Italian, German, French and Russian)
Pros
I got free music.
Cons
You have to pay for parking.
Management in the College of Education was inconsistent
Intern-Teacher Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 6, 2018
The Office of Field Services (intern teachers) is not consistent with positive development of faculty. Supervisors are not appropriately valued for their input or experience. Directions were often vague and inadequate, resulting in confusion and lack of positive outcomes for students and faculty.
Energetic Workplace
College Assistant (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 27, 2018
Each day was a new experience and there was always something to do. I was able to work alongside some great people and learn more about the community.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
N/a
Great work environment
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 27, 2018
The lab assistant jobs at Wayne State are extremely flexible with hours and days that you can work. Balancing life and work was not difficult and the lab professor was fantastic in teaching me everything I needed to know.
Great place to work!
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 25, 2018
I enjoyed my time as a resident advisor very much and hated having to leave. I acted as the authority, guide, and friend to all of the tenants that lived in my building. I worked at the desk, organized building events, and took care of any emergencies that occurred while I was on duty.
Pros
Free housing
Cons
Being on duty
Productive and fun workplace
Project IT Analyst/Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 21, 2018
The workplace was reasonably pleasant. Expectations were clear and concise. Daily job task was enjoyable even if they were challenging. I enjoy going to work each day.
Pros
Cons
Some of the calls received
Workplace culture
Clerical/Secretarial Assistant (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 20, 2018
Friendly environment. Health conscious and encourages career development skill building. Depending on S/D/C the job can range from demanding to moderate. Great benefit package, vacation time accrues and time off with pay at the end of the year during the holiday closure.
Pros
Time off at end of year with holiday closure
Cons
Budget cuts
It's a great place to raise a family because the benefits package is hard to find.
Program Records Clerk Senior (Secretary III) (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 17, 2018
I have been here for almost 30 years. I wish the entire world was like WSU in terms of people from many ethnicities, races, cultures, and backgrounds all working together in tolerance and respect.
Benefits
Cons
Pay
A lot of drama and stress
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 15, 2018
I was eager to become a resident advisor at Wayne State, but I didn't anticipate the politics, drama and gossip among the staff AND management. In addition, the hours are long and often intense (more so than a typical RA position at other universities).
Pros
Your room and board is paid
Cons
You get no other compensation for a LOT of hours and stress
a great place to work for university students
Technician (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 12, 2018
I worked for WSU for several years while I was a student there. It was easy work, and I enjoyed it. I had great co-workers. I recommend working there to all WSU students.
Pros
convenience
Cons
not full time
research assistant
Clinical Research Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 8, 2018
while this job has great benefits and will pay for classes (8 credits per semester), the dept is poorly managed. People are allowed to become complacent and it is acceptable within the dept to do the minimum. There are no repercussions for poor performance, therefore work is overloaded on those that actually put forth an effort.
Terrible place to work
GTA (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 30, 2018
Wayne State is disorganized and devalues all of their employees. They are more interested in protecting the institution instead of creating a positive place for their employees to work. Any type of conflict is suppose to be ignored and there is no institutional support for employees who experience discrimination. The Office of Equal Opportunity is a joke.
Productive and fun place
Technician (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 30, 2018
I enjoyed working there. I learned how to help the students during registration period.. Management was good in the beginning, it changed toward the end. I enjoyed helping the students.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
healthcare
Very fun and relaxed work environment
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 29, 2018
Everything is organized which makes it easier to do your job. You are able to meet a lot of different people which will help you in customer service. All in all great job.
Fulfilling laboratory research experience
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 29, 2018
Encouraging staff and engaging work.

They are committed to a robust learning experience and understanding of individual scheduling constraints.

I was provide with unique and challenging research opportunities.
good
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 28, 2018
Wayne State University is localized in mid town of Detroit. Working as a research fellow, you have plenty opportunities to develop your research skill, and learn how to become an independent investigator. University has a very attractive benefit package including 401 K 100% match, good health insurance, and 6-free-credit class. Some people can get a second degree for free. I know some one who became a counselor from a clerk. Let alone many became professors from research fellows.
Pros
A lot of room to grow up
Cons
Some are of detroit is not safe