Wayside Youth & Family Support Network

Wayside Youth & Family Support Network Employee Reviews

Burnout
I really enjoyed all the extra skills I picked up here. The only problem is the amount of work is insurmountable, not to mention that they are severely understaffed. Their technology is very outdated and they are very slow when it comes to changing this.
Pros
Educational Assistance program
Cons
A lot of work, not enough understanding for employees or care, and severely behind in the technology Dept
Helpful and Accepting environment
Great place to work if you are into helping others in need. Helpful coworkers and plenty of opportunities to learn more through free trainings that the company provides.
Look elsewhere
Not a great place to work with management that just want to fill the houses and get money and expect staff to know how to handle specific clientele with no knowledge of the issue with them
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything besides pay
Great place
Great staff everyone seems to care about the kids clean place to work everyone’s their has the same goal staffs always there to help the clients out and family members
Pros
Great work environment
Not worth the workload
Very demanding place to work and low compensation. Inconsistent with enforcing company policies. I would only suggest working here as a stepping stone for a MUCH better job later.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Bad management
Little to no support from upper management. Admin management "listens" and takes notes about employee concerns but no follow up and no improvements to make it more efficient on the day to day for us "lower level" employees. They overlook your concerns unless you are in their circle.
Cons
unsupportive
Amount of stress outweighs salary compensation
At first glance, Wayside appears to be a supportive and organized place to work. There are some polite employees, but during the times when situations get very real and heavy, especially with clients, actual support is difficult to find. There are many issues ranging from building problems (such as rodents, water leaking from ceilings) to the company's culture and politics (such as favoritism, gossip/rumors, unrealistic demands and expectations of employees). Wayside is very understaffed which adds a lot of pressure and stress on the employees. For a company that promotes mental health for its clients, it does little to support the mental health of its employees.
Pros
Helping clients
Cons
Low compensation, poor management support
Counselor teen mothers
I was involved with all aspects of the teen mothers daily life. I stayed at the house and taught parenting classes, nutrition, exercise classes etc.

I helped the girls with school work and getting GED's. I helped find day care for children. I also helped with finding appropriate housing when needed
Pros
The people I work with are so supportive.
Cons
The pay should be better.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Wayside Youth & Family Support Network?
Productive, busy
Interact with adolescents ages 12-18. Learn therapeutic approaches for managing mental health clients. Up beat, fast paced a lot of training learned on the work floor. Hardest part of job would be to manage your emotions while also managing the emotions of clients in program. most enjoyable part of job is when clients learn and apply what they have learned outside of program.
Worst Workplace
I wouldn’t tell anyone to work for this company. They have there picks and chooses who they like. They don’t like people of color. They will use you as a staff then get rid of you if they don’t like you. Management can’t take criticism, they want to dish it out but when the staff speak up they get upset then fire that particular staff/staffs or use another staff to do the job for them.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Management Sucks
Great enviornment
I had the freedom to create different groups, cooking, knitting, painting, reading etc. The groups were small and we had lots of discussions and social interaction
Pros
Freedom to create and learn
Supportive
Wayside has to be the most supportive workplace I have ever worked at. They provide support for the communities and their workers alike. They are truly invest in making and keeping their employees happy.
Amazing
This organization is filled with excellente people. And their main goal is to provide important information to the young kids and young adults of this generation. I learned alot from them and for grateful of the many opportunities I was given.
Pros
Free Workshops
great non-profit organization
I was a Family Partner as well as an intern for my studies. I found it to be a fantastic place to work. The people in various roles had compassion and knowledge to help families in need
benefits
Cons
lack of training
Good place to start
Great place to work, however minimal opportunities for advancement, raises below cost of living increases
Training great, ability to make a difference is excellent
Pros
helping people
Cons
money/advancement
Working at this company was very helpful in my profesional development. The staff help me identify the skills I was good in and focus on that. Good place to work very welcoming. Helpful staff.
Pros
welcoming atmosphier, good coworkers, helpful staff
Cons
place to much importance on meeting the numbers and not enouch on the well being of clients
Bad place to work
F A V O R I T I S M plays a huge role in this agency, lack of effective communication, organization. Staff says “they make the worst people supervisors”. Unrealistic demands, employees are underpaid and overworked.
Chew them up, spit them out mentality. Management is in shambles, which leads to a high turnover and unhappy employees.
Pros
Cons
High deductible on health insurance.
I love wayside
Kind and Great Senior Team per great non-profit that looks after employees

Warm, Inclusive and Always trying to be more- an agency with heart and soul
Produce Day - Outside with the Clients
It is enjoying working in the an All girls Dept. I just enjoy hanging out with the girls. Playing volley ball in the gym, making cupcakes, and playing board games
Pros
wOMEN lOCKER
Cons
Health Care/403 b
large community mental health agency
busy community mental health agencies
many different programs

good advancement

provided excellent care to clients

hard - to many competing priorities

best - the people
Great workplace
Absolutely the best job I have ever worked at. Higher management were very understanding and worked hand in hand to make sure job was well done. Very friendly work environment and fast paced.