WCA Waste Corporation Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great benefits
Collections (Current Employee) –  Harrisonville, MOApril 16, 2018
Wca has great benefits 401 k health and dental . Wca is a safe and loving company to work for . Wca treats their employees fair and their very understanding with personal life problems .
Ok place to be, stable
Technician (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLApril 3, 2018
Was heavily recruited by the maintenance staff, didn't see the fleet in its entirety unroll first day at work. I couldn't believe the condition of it being most trucks are 4 to 8 years old. Polar opposite of what I left as far as image goes. But relaxed do what you're good at and asked to do environment, my shift works as a team. The monetary compensation is excellent as well as the overall benefits package.
Pros
Pay, job security
Cons
Operators dont care
surprise pink slip
Regulatory Specialist (Former Employee) –  FloridaMarch 22, 2018
Thought I was performing well, getting to know colleagues, regulators, vendors and the work scope expected. Didn't realize I was at risk of being unemployed.
fast paced job
Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 30, 2018
this is an amazing job. every supervisor I have had has been great to work for, the only draw back is the turn over rate. in my 3 years here I have been through 4 supervisors.
Worked as teammates
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Needville, TXJanuary 15, 2018
Worked together to get our work easier compacted the trash pushing and covering so our trash trucks would keep coming and not making them waiting in a long line
Good stable working environment
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 10, 2018
I actually loved my job and the employees. My position afforded me the opportunity to interact with all of the employees which kept my days interesting. However, my immediate supervisor was not a good manager. I spoke with his supervisors regarding my issues and nothing was ever done so unfortunately, I had to leave.
Demanding / Fast Pace Environment
Cash Management / Special Project Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 6, 2018
The days start very early and the job is demanding. There is a very heavy workload which allows for few breaks or full lunch hours. Lack of encouragement or appreciation from management
Pros
No micro management
Cons
Lack of management knowledge and ability to learn about employees job duties
Poor Leadership above made management a nightmare
Site Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Trafford, ALDecember 28, 2017
Local office was played against one another by an RVP that thrived on DRAMA. Unrealistic expectations with zero tools or training given to managers. Set up to fail from day one.
Pros
Great local people
Cons
terrible leadership unclear goals and expectations.
Ehhhhh
Sanitation Worker (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MODecember 19, 2017
Slow pace to what I'm use to. Unorganized field office. Lack of communication on managers and office part. Peaceful when left alone to knock out the task at hand.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Everything else
Poor management
Driver (Current Employee) –  OKDecember 15, 2017
Management works the good drivers hard and the lazy drivers get away with everything. They also don't listen to the drivers as much as they should and they act like they know everything.
Enjoyed my job
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 22, 2017
I created routed for the drivers. Took orders from customers input them in the system. Checked drivers in at the end of the day. Closed the the routes. Solved any problems that the drivers had.
Pros
Worked with thew drivers
Cons
long days
i hated this job because of unloylaty
RESIDENTIAL DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 22, 2017
This was a very stressful and discriminating and endured as long as i could not being paid as i was told neither given the position was offered or was told assigned
Resigned
Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 5, 2017
OK place to work but the equipment is terrible
Learned a lot from my trainer
Management is OK but inconsistent
This was a union job and that was not good for me
Pros
Its Employment
Cons
Trash, low hours
Worst place I have ever worked
Sorter (Former Employee) –  Harrisonville, MOAugust 8, 2017
Horrible pay, horrible hours, no benefits and the management is the worse of all! They will tell you they have the lowest dust rate of all the WCA facilities but that a lie!
Pros
Junk trucks no A/C bias managment at top
Route Driver (Current Employee) –  Harrisonville, MOJune 21, 2017
Wish I would have excepted another job tell you what they think you want to hear all promises are broken 110 degrees in trucks won't fix anything. Gripe about safety but Dont care. About yours told a/c is not important even when 100 degree's which is 115 in cab only if extremely desperate wouldn't do it again
Pros
Lots and lots of hours
Cons
You are very expendable saftey dont matter
Productive and great work place
Sanitation Worker (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 29, 2017
Great job great workers safe environment the managers are great to work with its a fast pace job everyone helps each other and works as a team to get the job done
Pros
Good job
Cons
N/a
great place to work for
waste disposal helper (Former Employee) –  Bay City, TXMay 27, 2017
Enjoyed working there, I also enjoyed having something productive to do everyday. it was a good work environment to work in and good people to be around.
Unlimited Potential...hopefully will be reached one day.
Sr. Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 4, 2017
The people at WCA are what make this company. Unfortunately, the direction and leadership (management) do not properly manage the company. It seems that management is more interested in boasting there future opportunities and vendor relationships rather than what is best for the company.
Very good place
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 20, 2017
I was one of the younger dispatchers and learned more than i could have hoped for, there is patience from the people teaching but must be a fast learner as the work day is very fast paced.
Pros
huge learning experience
Cons
high stress environment
Great and stable place to work with supportive management
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 15, 2017
I loved working for WCA and the waste industry. My superiors were beyond supportive of my desires to learn as much as possible. I was allowed to take part in any project I expressed interest in. WCA also put me through all types of training in order to enable me to expand my skills in areas that include but are not limited to Excel and taking meeting notes. I felt valued, cared for and depended on. One of my favorite things about my job there was the wide range of duties I had. I did everything from put on a yearly charity golf tournament to ordering toner. There was no task too small or insignificant. I set out to do each task as efficient and organized as possible. Each day brought about some of the same, but also some new. I learned so much at WCA its difficult to account for it all. I wore so many hats. I've been a purchaser and a graphic designer just to name a few. The most difficult part of the job was the workload. There was just too much to do and not enough time to get it all done. The most enjoyable part of the job was mastering new skills that I trained myself on. That is an extremely satisfying feeling. I'll close with this. WCA was my home away from away home, my extended family.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Workload overload