WCA Employee Reviews

Fun Place to Work
Receptionist - Receptionist Duties (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 11, 2018
I loved working here. It was always a challenge. Once new management was changed, it was unbearable. I would still recommend being hired on. I loved it while I was there.
Go somewhere else
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 28, 2018
Management seems to promote mediocre employees based off of popularity instead of work ethic like the average job would do. Save yourself time and look someplace else.
It's a job. If you need one at the moment.
Commercial Front End Driver (Current Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARFebruary 9, 2018
A typical day you would spend long hours at work. The management would not treat you fair. The hardest part of the job was everyone working as a team. The most enjoyable part of the job was clocking out.
Intern
Medical Office Intern (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NYJanuary 17, 2018
I had to do my internship at WCA and I meet a lot of nice people, and made some friends as well. I didn't think I did learn anything new that I didn't already knew.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
nothing
Sucked
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOJanuary 14, 2018
Long hours and horrible boss. They paid overtime. They had little to zero training available. The expectations and reality were completely different. Management was mean.
5 years and out
Scale Operator - Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLApril 13, 2017
sub par management at main office site. I was lucky to not have to work at the main office site. no respect from management, upper management or corporate offices.
Pros
great hours, only worked w 2 other employees on this site, site managers I worked with were awesome
Cons
3 % raises, no respect from any managers
Productive workplace
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 4, 2017
Benefits are great. Overall a great place to work for. Management are easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job is keeping the trucks maintained to run the routes.
Fast Paced
Driver (Current Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARFebruary 13, 2017
The people make it a fun and family oriented place to work. You can count on others to assist when a problem occurs. The pay is weekly with good overtime.
Benefits
Cons
Its a dirty job.
Great Company
Assistant Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILJanuary 10, 2016
Long hours but overall great company and great ownership. I truly enjoyed working for this company. definitely 5 star corporation that is micromanaged which has its pros and cons
Do NOT work here!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MODecember 8, 2015
This company is an absolute joke. The management is drunk most of the time and it pays it's employees NOTHING! They buy small companies constantly in different areas to keep business going since they lose business so often.
Cons
Bad pay, drunk management
Only 1 complaint, but one that should have included a lawsuit. Especially if someone got hurt/killed
Route Auditor Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MONovember 4, 2015
My only complaint is a very valid point. I was a Route Auditor Manager where I rode with a different driver every week to sequence his/her route as well as determine what was safe and what was not.

I asked for training on the trucks as I rode in them every weekday. One driver told me a story where his cousin passed in front of him while working.

I knew 0 about the trucks, and if a driver got hurt, I would not have been able to help or fix because they would not train me how to use the truck.
They wanted me out doing what I got hired to do, yet Safety was part of my Job Description as management
trash truck driver
refuse collector/ driver (Former Employee) –  Sedalia, MOAugust 17, 2015
i started offf on back of truck.. eventually got the pleasere of a route driver and then graduated up to a one man container route driver
Pros
respect from comunity
Cons
smell and sometimes a customers attitude
No job security, poor upper management
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  okc,okJune 28, 2015
Upper management has no faith in their employees and everyone in the Oklahoma city office is consistently walking around waiting to see if they will be losing their job there is never anyone telling the employees that their doing a good job or a feeling of security.
productive day
Scale Clerk (Former Employee) –  Spencer, OKFebruary 15, 2015
Working with trux 7 was a great experience for WCA.The whole day you basicly enter trucks in the system and make sure you have the right customer account for each driver
Great team, overall good enviroment
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 15, 2014
good people, nice environment. Site support was a little difficult because many of the users had very limited experience with technology.
Pros
strong team
Cons
department to small
An last resort
control hooper (Former Employee) –  houston,TexasNovember 6, 2014
A bad place to work. I wouldn't recommend any one to work there. Also if you show up every day your not going to work every day.
Pros
pay every week
Cons
work in all type of weather
Very Unorganized
Sales (Former Employee) –  HoustonJune 16, 2014
This company is in transition and has a lot of growing to do. Roles are not defined, commission structure changes, just initiated Salesforce but hasn't abandoned the two other crm systems leading to 3 redundant reports daily. High turnover, very spotty service. Nice co-workers but management and company in general need an over haul.
Pros
Decent base, good immediate co-workers
Cons
Spotty service, no stability, unreasonable expectations
Does not take good care of their trucks.
Sanitation Driver (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, NMMarch 30, 2014
Driver safety was not a high priority. Trucks were not pulled and repaired as needed.
Work in progress
Outside Construction Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Hillisborough and Polk CountiesDecember 16, 2013
I have a bias review as I have not been with the company over a year. I will say they have great potential and I enjoy what I do and I am good @ my job. For the most part this is a good position. I enjoy closing sales and working in the field
For me
Dump Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Tomball, TXOctober 14, 2013
I think it was just that place that was like that...When I first started I liked it but then I couldn't get my days because someone's family had started working up there.