WD Wright Contracting

WD Wright Contracting Employee Reviews

Not satisfied
Unprofessional favoritism low pay low hours no flexibility always an issue never good enough always complaining females get there way and management is clueless
Inexperienced managers with no people skills.
If it were not for management this would be a great job. We are constantly micro managed and threatened almost weekly with getting fired. Our top boss has no experience in flagging and was a manage of gas stations. His only qualification is his online degree. The turnover rate here was already high and it is even worse with him in charge. Stay away from here and do not apply!!!!
Bad bad job
They are worthless...managers are idiots the main boss thinks he walks on water.. do not work for this company. Work 70 hours a week and you get fired for something that was stupid..please don’t work there they need to go back to PA
Best Place I Have Ever Worked
I love this company! I have never felt more supported and valued before in my career. I don't ever want to leave. :) My supervisor has always been helpful in assisting me learn and never made me feel like I was stupid for not working int he industry before. Best place to work with a great family atmosphere.
Very little advancement opportunity
When you first start they promise many things, however once you pass a certain point in your employment they might give you a vehicle. If not then they'll promise one will get to you. But when it does, it usually leaves much too be desired. And god forbid you can't work s weekend. Good job for a single, lonely person but not the job for a family man.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Horrible
I thought that this company was better than WD WRIGHT but is more horrible than the competition. At least WD Wright pay you $12.50 and they don’t charge you for the certification.
Ugh
Management sucks
Bosses have very little experience doing the job they want you to do.

The bosses want everyone to tell on eachother very stressful having someone ( not the boss ) over your shoulder all day everyday

Then make you drive over 1hr to job sties they give you 15 min. Drive time for it
Everything is last minute
Dont get schedule for next day until the evening b4. Alot of mandating people to stay, standing and braving the elements even after 12 hours in the freezing cold. Unappreciated by management and felt as though we were all easily replaced. Worked with alot of unlicensed people that we were required to go to shop and pick them up.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at WD Wright Contracting?
needs new management
makes of rules on site
lies about pay and policies to cover there end

looks for the bad and not the good in there employees

you might see 25 hrs a week
Just don't
There was no idea till late afternoon or night if you work the next day or not and you would only find out through txt. Very stressful. The people that worked their butts off would get asked/told to do extra while the lazy ones never got anything and always got by some how. If you miss a call for an emergency from the office no matter your reason you would get wrote up. If you were sick or had a family emergency they wouldnt care and make you work anyways. Etc. Bad place to work in general.
Run!
Wright is a far cry from a professional business!!! Management is awful. The offices are a joke, Medina is the worst office of them all! The ops manger sits in her office all day watching YouTube videos while her pompous scheduler runs the office. The scheduler intently messes with livelihoods of the flaggers when she is in a bad mood or deciding who is her least favorite. It is a sad sad shame of a company.
Ggnn
There is not enough consistent work if you do not drive a truck you barely get any hours and is real heavily dependent on construction going on at that moment
Mismanagement at Corporate & Office level
The supervisors at the Hagerstown office are doing the best that they can with what they’ve got; the scheduler doesn’t do her job properly & the operations manager doesn’t have any experience in the Traffic Control field.
Pros
Good supervisors & some good coworkers
Cons
Mismanagement of Company Resources/Employees
Horrible company and no hours at all! stay clear!!
the first week was fine. which is what everyone says. they give you jobs and make you feel secure about the job. then so they don't have to give out the raises they promise, they start giving you work for 1 day out of the week. complain and they'll tell you to come to a "meeting" and fire you. i went a whole month "employed" under them without working a single day. they text you everyday and tell you tomorrow is your off day.
Honestly the most horrible company i ever "worked" for.
Pros
easy job
Cons
no work
Easy job if you know what to do.
Easy, put up advanced warning signs, cones and start paddling or flagging. Worst part is the coworkers are terrible. They also do not pay for initial drive time so whenever youre in your vehicle, even 3 hours away, no pay. Weekly pay is nice.
Pros
Good hours till winter, advancement
Cons
no breaks rarely, long hours, toxic people on the road and coworkers.
Place sucked
The pay was trash the hours are trash you got to kiss butt to get hours. Went an month working and only made $144 due to lack of work in the summer......
Okay place
Oky plce to work had horrible management while i was there random schedules and lack of professionalism. I would recommended only if u have felonies and things in that nature or no family
Pros
Decent pay at times
Cons
Sometimes no work. Lack of advancement and pay raises
No hours
Wouldn't recommend anyone to apply here. They don't want to give you any hours. They are not organized like other work places you won't be able to live off of any checks from this job
Management is rude and disrespectful
It's only convenient for them and you have to do as they say no questions!!! Employees are talked down to and some confide in management but is told to other employees
It’a alright
If you can’t stand the extreme weather don’t apply. You will be standing for 2-16 hours at a time. But you get quite a few raises and meet cool people
Some kinks
Told I was hoping out of town 8 hours before having to go. They keep giving excuses on why my per diem was never given to me prior to going. Other than that a good company a lot of work benefits.