We Care Transportation Employee Reviews

Enjoyable
Administrative Billing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 6, 2018
The students I transported were mentally and physically challenged; some were Pre-K and some were older. It was a pleasure to watch them as they were growing up and some overcoming their obstacles.

The hardest part was taking them home at the end of the day.
Pros
Students
Cons
Not all the children went to a "happy" home at days end.
Multiple Transportation Operation
CORPORATE CONTROLLER (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 26, 2018
We care was a poorly run corporation which provided school bussing, medical transportation vans, limo service and luxury trip busses. The company had severe cash flow difficulties and eventually declared bankruptcy after I left.
none productive
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 1, 2018
not a good place the people at the job are rude loud and very unprofessional i wouldn't refer anyone to work at this location plus the pay is very low
Pros
driving
Cons
never no a set time
enjoyed my job, it was amazing
Monitor Worker (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 26, 2018
I really learned a lot and enjoyed helping and transportation the elderly and handicapped. It was a learning experience.
Did not know that there was so much to know about the mentally changed. but now I know a lot of the signs to look for.
Pros
being with people who appreciated what u did for them
Cons
there were times when you ran into a really difficult person but you were trained how to handle them
Excellent company to work for
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 18, 2018
Everyone was kind and treated the Employees like family. Very understanding of the needs and safety of Employees just as well the customers. I Love working for We Care.
Pros
Training
Cons
Working in inclement weather
Poorly managed, dispatch awful
Non-Emergency medical Transportation driver (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 26, 2018
We care Transportation has a flawed method of pay, instead of paying by mileage, they pay hourly based on average off and on the road times, and would mess up pay often, regardless of paperwork. Their dispatch was poor, some of the dispatchers were overworked, others were lazy and did not put any effort into every drivers needs, and picked favorites. They did not properly review client information when creating schedules, and when confronted on it, would make excuses or try to pass the blame on the client or the insurance. They would overwork employees, constantly double book drivers and expect unrealistic pickup times and would not allow drivers, such as myself, time to rest. Would often schedule well over 12 hour days. Drivers would get home at 12 to 1 am, and be expected for a pickup at 3 am or earlier. Causing severe sleep deprivation, which is severely damaging to the health and well being of drivers. Dispatchers were often poorly informed and educated on basic navigation. All in all, we care is an awful, poorly managed company who does not care about the we being of clients or employees.
Pros
it makes a good pit stop, emergency employment
Cons
everything mentioned in my review
Work long hrs
Driver (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 10, 2018
You be the judge...they don't like to pay you for the time you are actually there. You will sit around for 5 hrs waiting to go on a run and not be paid while waiting there but your not allowed to go home in between runs.
Pros
Cons
No benefits
We Care Driver
Driver (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMNovember 26, 2017
As a driver for We Care Transportation, schedule is given every afternoon, to work the next day, you get to see what time you will be starting to work, weather it is at 2 am or 12pm,
Pros
It’s you and your car all day, just making sure you take patients to th re appt. I’m time
Cons
At times you get your schedule very late at night 11pm and you might have to start driving at 3 am.
Misuse of employee time - frequently not paid for time invested
Driver (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 24, 2017
Not a fair salary because employees are required to be there all day though not paid except when driving. Management unable to schedule work loads properly.
Pros
Enjoyed helping medical paatients.
Cons
wages, hours, management
Very productive
Driver (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 8, 2017
I enjoyed my driving experience with We Care because I enjoyed driving the autistic cients I tranported every day for 2 years. I also enjoyed the experience overall and I also obtained my CDL.
Pros
free coupons
Cons
Healthcare was good
I was happy to work with them
Driver (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NM 88001August 21, 2017
I was really happy with them all the co-workers they were good with everyone they always have work for everyone I let go my job cause I was going to move to another State
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
no vacation paid breaks only between dr appts on the clients
No job security
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 17, 2017
No job security people were fired everyday. The upper management has no compassion or care for the lower employees. The CEO can be nice at times. Wouldn't recommend working here.
Declining company
Mechanic 2nd shift supervisor (Former Employee) –  Weedsport, NYJune 22, 2017
Need to re evaluate management. There was one great shop manager when I was there and he didn't stay. It was a nice fast paced work environment. Made the day go by fast.
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
Pay
Fun job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Roswell, NMMay 4, 2017
Would work here again! Very flexible awesome people to work with! Loved the clients I drove! Very easy going job! Over all I enjoyed working here a lot!
Na
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 28, 2017
We care Transportation (Customer Service Rep) 02/2012 to 12/2012
*Customer service Rep/ Dispatcher
*Inbound/ Outbound Calls
Wasnt enjoyable hated working here
It was an ok job.
Medicaid Driver (Former Employee) –  Crenshaw, MSMarch 1, 2017
The hardest thing I hated about working for this company was that we didn't have a GPS. We had to call the people to get directions of where they lived.
great place to work
Medical Driver (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 30, 2016
The work is very easy. Great for first job or retired people. You don't make a lot of money, but if you don't need much you will be fine with them. you work between 25 &35 hours a week.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
no over time
work schedule
Driver (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 27, 2016
The biggest reason I left WE CARE was because of working a split shift. The people I worked with were all nice people. Again the hardest part of the job was loading and unloading wheelchair clients. My supervisor was a great person. My typical day was doing and morning and afternoon route.
Pros
the pay
Cons
split shifts, and getting time off if needed
productive AND fun place to work
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, VAMay 19, 2015
answered inbound phones.. made out going calls to dispatch drivers to locations to pick up clients made daily schedules looked up and entered personal information into computer data base
productive and fun
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 17, 2015
A typical day at work meant preparing coffee, making cookies and selling lunch/ breakfast foods. It was very easy and very enjoyable. The hardest part was dealing with rude customers and faulty equipment.