We Energies Employee Reviews

Ssm
Sr. Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Franklin, WIMarch 4, 2019
This occupation provides great autonomy and self-direction.
I enjoyed working with larger customers and providing support on their projects for new services as well as supporting them in maintenance operations.
Pros
work autonomously
Cons
some days are never ending
Work summary
Customer Consultant (Current Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIJanuary 12, 2019
The work environment is pretty laid back. You can wear business casual on a day to day basis. Do expect a lot of mandatory over time, especially in the summer time.
benefits
Cons
mandatory overtime
WE Energies is awesome
Administrative Assistant / Right of Way Analyst (Former Employee) –  West Allis, WIJanuary 9, 2019
The management is great, helpful and mentoring. Co-workers work together to provide the best outcomes for getting the job done and for the best customer service.
A very busy environment
Customer Consultant/ Telle-Collections (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 4, 2019
A typical day at work consisted of high levels of micromanaging by managers but awesome coworkers. They would rather discipline you before offering suggestions on how to change things. Hardest part is the irate customers and trying to work with people literally standing over you while you are trying to work or on the phone with a customer. The most enjoyable is helping those that are in need who may have come across a hard time and really needed a break. Knowing that I was able to help them out and take a load off of their shoulder was enjoying for me.
Established company
Distribution Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIJanuary 3, 2019
Good place to work. Multiple locations throughout the Midwest. Great training. Wonderful benefits. Free parking at most locations. Ten paid holidays per year.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Extra overtime
Every day was different.
Trouble Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIDecember 19, 2018
Every day was different. If it is inclement weather and you are working gas dispatch then you typically had a quiet day. Working electric dispatch during storms was very busy. Job is a 24/7 operation and you could be called in any time of day or night including holidays.
Pros
Pay was excellent
Cons
You can be called in 24/7
Bad work environment, management is not trustworthy.
Certified Control Room Operator (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 4, 2018
Plant is shutting down, not happy with We energies. Great work force, feeling for all of us losing our jobs. The company doesn't seem to care about our future.
Manager for internal business supporting organization
Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 3, 2018
I progressed through a number of roles from engineer to manager. As a Manager (various areas of responsibility), my latitude in managing was fairly limited by culture.
Pros
steady employment
Cons
politics, completing priorities between departments and business units
Productive Company
Telecollector/TeamLeader (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 20, 2018
WE Energies is a good company to work for. Their focus is on customer service. They encourage working with the customer to resolve the issue in the best interest of the client.
Fun place to work
Gas Inspector (Former Employee) –  West Allis, WI 53214October 22, 2018
The entire day is somewhat relaxed and there are other co-workers to help when needed. Willingness to teach new things and everyone works together to get the jobs done.
Pros
Inside at a desk job
Cons
Rotating shifts
Well Paid Jobs
Customer Consultant (Current Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIOctober 12, 2018
Good paying job for what we do. It is a good company and locations are good for traveling. Flexibility for call center schedules are good as well. Overall good company, but high turnover rate.
stressful
CUSTOMER CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Pewaukee, WISeptember 11, 2018
Lots of over time, micro management. Management has favorites and do not promote unless your in are friends.

Overall pay is good along with benefits, people die early in life here due to stress.
Not the company it used to be, sadly
Customer Consultant (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 9, 2018
We Energies, since getting Gale Klappa back is all about the bottom line and the customer; NEVER the employee. I would never recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
A job, even if it kills you
Cons
Very little recognition for those that work hard
high maintance work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 2, 2018
Coming to work everyday you answered phone calls, addressed customers questions and concerns, I learned time management working there, the hardest part of the job was getting yelled at by customers constantly and when trying to help it gets no where.
Fuel Handler (Current Employee) –  Marquette, MIAugust 29, 2018
Great company to work for. Safety is top priority, supervisors are easy to work with and to work for. Pay is structured by position and time at the company. Pay is very fair but healthcare packages are not as good as they used to be.
n/a
Fleet Technician (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 20, 2018
no review to be given i worked at the company i did my best while i worked there and now it has become a time to find a job that fits my lifestyle better.
Review
Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Rice Lake, WIJuly 31, 2018
Good work environment. The people working for We Energies are dedicated to doing a good job while satisfying customers and maintaining a safe work environment.
Productive and excitng place to work
Customer Service Representative (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 27, 2018
I worked at We-Energies as a Temp Employee, and I spoke with citizens regarding meter reading. If a citizen needed to have their meter read, I would scheduled an appointment with them or the owner of the property.
The hardest part, was not being able to connect with anyone, and having to send out a letter letting the tenant know there was a chance they would receive a estimate bill, versus an acquired bill or possible disconnect.
Pros
Discount on bills
Cons
1/2 lunch breaks
Well managed company
TeleCollectioen Representative (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 28, 2018
Well managed division company stressed customer satisfaction. Was very responsive to needs of staff. Provide annual and quarterly updates of performance metrics. Excellent trading was well prepare to assume role in call center
Culture and Benefits
IT Consultant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 25, 2018
This Company has continued to remove benefits and training for it's employees. The culture has drastically changed from positive to negative. It use to be a great place to work, but it seems to Company no longer cares about it's employees and their loyalty.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at We Energies. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight