Wealshire Employee Reviews

Terrible staffing. Negligent management and burnt out employees.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNDecember 19, 2018
The only pro is the pay. The staffing ratios do not meet the care needs of the residents and as a result residents are neglected and CNA's are so overworked they have stopped caring. Management does NOTHING to support nursing staff. Many times the Management has boasted about how many interviews they have but months go by and the staffing does not improve. Are you telling me that at $18 starting you can't find people to work? Instead they badger their emloyees to pick up more shifts. And if you don't pick up tons of extra shifts you won't get a raise. The facility is beautiful but inside the units that house people with increased care needs are grim and residents are roaming about unsupervised covered in old food, feces, urine, and nasal mucus. Residents call out for help and to use the bathroom but they have to be told no or just simply ignored because there is not enough time, not enough people, and too much to do. This place is a nightmare. DO NOT SEND YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS HERE. And if you apply prepare to be overworked. If you are a neglectful CNA who does not care about residents well being then this is the place for you!!!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Staffing, management, unprofessional, toxic environment
Very busy and heavy assignment responsibilities
LPN (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNNovember 21, 2018
Expect to pass medications for 25+ residents. Do treatments mostly creams, some basic dressing changes, handle hearing aides/ glasses pass or collect them, process orders. Assisted NAR with cares and transfers. Do vital signs and weights as ordered. Weekly charting assessments. Monitor changes in condition for assigned resident. Falls and post incident charting. All charting is paper. Some residents have high behaviors. Supervise assigned staff on unit assigned. Management can be rude at times and have high expectations and appears to not care about heavy work loads. Frequently work short staffed. Very high staff turn over rate. Pay rate is higher: which is good but if it was a good place to work and wasn’t streeful, would/should mean it shouldn’t have the staffing issue that is happening.
Pros
Free daily soup
Cons
Stressful, no breaks sometimes, multiple behaviors
Went down hill fast
Activities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILSeptember 24, 2018
The facility was wonderful. Warren Barr bought out the facility. When it was bought the facility went down hill. Families were mistreated and lies to.
Pros
Was a fun loving environment.
Cons
Employees were treated horrible, No pay raises, Team moral went down, None of administration listened to employees or families
Poorly staffed.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNSeptember 10, 2018
The residents suffer here because there are not enough people to take care of them. The staff is constantly running around trying to keep up with everything but even that's not enough and management always turns a blind eye. If you work here be prepared to bust a** and be completely exhausted at the end of your shift. Management is the worst. They know residents are suffering and do nothing. The staffing ratio is more like 1:6,9,11. And 1:6 is lucky.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Poor staffing, bad management
I enjoyed the resident very much
Recreation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJuly 8, 2018
My original supervisor was fired and a new supervisor wasnt replaced for 3 months. Line staff had to pick up the pace of the supervisor. I enjoyed working with the residents very much. I see the commercials every day. The commercials are frequent and alot of money is going into these commercials which the innocent residents and staff are paying for. That's too bad!
LPN (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMay 7, 2018
It was a great first nursing job and I learned a lot but because it is memory care there is limited skill advancement as far as learning new skills but the staff and management were great.
Pros
work environment, pay increases
Cons
staffing, short staffed
kitchen at wealshire
cook/baker/ cake decorator (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMarch 22, 2018
fun place to work, great team and very productive. everyone that works there is friendly. the management not so much. food production is good and have cooks who care about the quality of the meals that are served to our residents.
Pros
easy to advance
Cons
not good benefits
Company closed
Director of Finance (Former Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILFebruary 26, 2018
Long stressed hours
Owner did not support staff and lied about financials. Staff was amazing to work with.
Company struggled with finances
Had to makes deals with all of their vendor to keep operations going
April 4, 2018

This is not the Wealshire in Bloomington or Medina, MN. A company from Illinois.

Management is horrible
NURSING ASSISTANT REGISTERED (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJanuary 13, 2018
Management is horrible, rude and mean. From what observe they didn't care what the CNA needed to be comfortable with the job. They didn't take the time to ask us how we felt about certain situations.
Wonderful Place
LPN (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MJanuary 2, 2018
The Wealshire is incredible! This was my second job as an LPN in 6 years. The RN Manager was extremely knowledgeable and helpful, as well as her assistants. The owner, marketing director, and director of operations were always friendly, caring, and knew who I was. I was just another employee. I felt like part of the family. I love the atmosphere that has been established for the residents with dementia. The activity program is by far the best I’ve seen. It truly is just a fantastic place.
My only complaint would be the staff turnover, but you have to understand that memory care isn’t for everyone. Some people can’t handle it and that’s ok... we probably don’t want them there if they don’t like it. Plus, it’s a common theme every where!
Pros
Free soup daily, fast pace work environment, excellent pay, caring management.
Cons
Staff turnover
Toxic Environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNSeptember 13, 2017
BEAUTIFUL facility with an amazing philosophy, however the way the nursing management team conducts business makes you feel as though you are stepping on eggshells everyday. Not to mention coworkers working against you. Not fun when you cannot trust your coworkers to tattle on you to management right away, which will result in immediate termination without any warning. This place is NOT for new graduates. Avoid this place unless you like to be in constant fear of losing your job because they will find a way to fire instead of develop that employee.
Pros
Free soup and good pay
Cons
Toxic work environment 'nough said
Excellent Employeer
LPN (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNAugust 1, 2017
Excellent company to work for. Wonderful empolyees and staff. Working with the residents was very rewarding. They have a facility that you would not believe.
Friendly Atmosphere
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMarch 28, 2017
Flexible, fun, friendly environment! I like the fact that the levels of care for each resident is broken down by the level of dementia they have. Decent pay for what you have to do. Benefits and tuition reimbursement for FT employees. Nice family like assisted living facility with awesome decor. Very homey feel for residents and staff! Management and CEO could be involved a little bit more with employees.
Pros
Free soup every day for lunch!
Cons
Healthcare Hours always includes weekends!
Great place to start nursing career
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMarch 15, 2017
The atmosphere has a tendency to become toxic quickly due to burnt out employee's. For the most part, this isn't an issue, but this facility tends to get short handed fast and when it does, attitudes change with it!
Toxic Environment
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNFebruary 28, 2017
Poor environment from ownership to management. Managers are unprofessional and bully you creating a hostile work environment. I would not recommend. Very high turnover and ownership doesn't care.
Pros
Cons
Management, nepotism, immature management team
Liked this job
Life Enrichment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILJanuary 19, 2017
Loved the job environment, the residence, and working with the staff. Noticed a great turn over, but enjoyed working there. I was able to be creative and enjoy working here.
Pros
Creativity to ideas
Cons
Poor leadership
April 4, 2018

This is not the Wealshire in Bloomington or Medina, MN. This was located in Illinois.

Stay away!
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNDecember 1, 2016
Horrible management team. Constant fear that you may lose your job, especially if you get on certain people's bad side. Lots of favoritism and inconsistent practices.
Pros
Residents and employees
Cons
Home like feel. Hardworking staff. Residents were like family.
Nurse Assistant Registered (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNApril 30, 2016
Hard to leave. Fell in love with my residents, Appreciated my coworkers. Most days went smoothly, Hard days were when there were a lot of call ins. Was paid well, raises once a year, bonuses were nice. Enjoyed ice cream most days with my residents. If you came to work, didn't complain, did your job, it was pretty easy.
Very busy Nursing home.
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILDecember 6, 2015
I was a floor nurse and passed medication to patients, did dressing changes and monitor patient for any new symptom and call the doctor for orders.
Pros
Flexable hours
Cons
On my feet all the time.
April 4, 2018

This is not the Wealshire in Bloomington or Medina, MN. Located in Illinois.

nice friendly atmosphere, enjoyed the residents.
CNA (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNAugust 13, 2015
Job had a nice friendly feel. Management were very supportive and understanding to the employees. Required a lot of teamwork and communication which is important when dealing with multiple patients. Enjoyed working in the setting i was in felt satisfied after every work day. I built a lot of companionship's with the people I was helping.
Pros
flexibility to get to know the patients, nice facility, friendly managment
Cons
unprofessional coworkers, not a lot of stability.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wealshire. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9