Weatherby Healthcare Employee Reviews

Horrible Management-STAY AWAY
Consultant (Former Employee) –  NCOctober 5, 2018
The culture looks great from the outside but horrible inside.
Micro-managed, treated poorly by leadership, no work life balance at all! Executive leadership in office in awful. Commission cuts year after year. HQ's has a great vision of what they think is going on in NC, but reality is, place is terrible!!
Pros
Salary and benefits but that is going downhill now
Cons
poor management
Horrible Management-STAY AWAY
Consultant (Former Employee) –  NCApril 23, 2018
The culture looks great from the outside but horrible inside.
Pros
Salary and benefits but that is going downhill now
Cons
poor management
Productive work environment, casual and fun with ping pong tables
Medical Recruiter-Advance Practice Nurses (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 14, 2017
Good work environment, good benefits, good culture
Casual dress code, serious KPI accountability, Management will love you or let you go.So make them love you! They balance the very serious bottom line production demanded with passive agressive managment techniques in a non assuming fun place to work with great team members.
Pros
Good work environment, good benefits, good culture
Cons
Too much kool aid asked to be drank too often. Some management members are wolves in sheeps clothing
Fun, productive and extremely stressful
MEDICAL LICENSING COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 30, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Weatherby, however, the environment is extremely stressful and you have little to no backup from management when being abused by the sales team. The sales team made the job a high stress environment by demanding the impossible and not respecting each coordinators process.
Inclusive Environment Encouraging Success
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 19, 2018
Weatherby provides employees an opportunity to thrive within a fast-paced industry of staffing within healthcare. The environment created is fun as your encouraged to be yourself and work towards your team goal. The hardest part of your job can be staying on top of all the work as your meeting the established goal of the week but you're encouraged to have fun as a team while doing it. Everyone is always willing to help and is super friendly. You meet a lot of people that are either family members or been with the company for years,
Had to leave
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 8, 2018
The corporate headquarters in Salt Lake City streses the importance of work/life balance but the Fort Lauderdale office does not practice what they preach. Very stressful enviornment with high turnover
Pros
Large corporate environment, benefits
Cons
stressful
Great flexibility.
Family Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 5, 2018
This was my first travel job as NP. This was a great experience until I became home sick. I think this is a great company to work for. I would definitely work with them again.
Pros
Free rental car and apartment
Cons
didn't like my location of work. I worked in a rural area.
Fun place to build a rewarding career
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Ft. LauderdaleJune 1, 2012
For the first time in years - I can honestly say - I love my job.

There's a definite work hard - play hard mentality at Weatherby. This is a fast paced environment and if you can't keep up, you will get left behind. But, if you're a smart and talented person, and deal with people honestly and ethically, the rewards here are endless.
Unbelievably fun culture. Casual dress. Great team environment. Managers that lead by example. Uncapped commissions. Great benefits. Generous PTO policy and great people to work with.

Why would anyone want to work anywhere else?
Is this an easy job? No. They actually expect employees to pull their weight and contribute. They pay you to train, teach you a skill and expect you to execute - is that too much to ask in today's economy?

If you've got what it takes, Weatherby Healthcare is a great place to build a lucrative career. My only regret is not finding Weatherby earlier in my professional life.
Pros
great people, great benefits
Still loving it!
Consultant (Sales) (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 15, 2013
I just had my second anniversary at Weatherby and still loving it! There's a reason why we are #3 in the Fortune 100's Best Companies to Work For. Yes, it is high stress and yes, it is a lot of work but the potential to do very well is not just there -but very attainable. The support team is not just knowledgeable but will go above and beyond the call of duty to make it happen. I love-love-love my team, they have taught me so much about the business and are always there to answer any questions I have. Management has been great with me, jump in when I need help and even assist when I'm on vacation! As long as you're willing to put in the time & effort to make it happen -you'll succeed! It is a sales job after all.-
Pros
culture. people. benefits. potential to earn. training. flexibility.
Cons
can't think of any.
Fun place to work at
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 2, 2016
A typical day would be cold calling doctors for placements into locums hospitalists positions. I learned how to effectively work with 5+ people to place a doctor into a hospital with overcoming obstacles in just about every placement. Co-workers were great to work with. The hardest part of the job is that there are so many working parts that it is easy for deals to fall apart. You can do your job completely and one part can fall apart which is very frustrating. To work with a doctor for 3-5 months, get to the end and the deal fall off is the worst. Also, working off the clock is a regular part of the job. Weekends and nights taking calls is a regular part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people i work with. All very good people to work with and for.
Pros
The people, earning potentials, benefits.
Cons
The amount of people involed in the deal, how easy a deal can fall apart.
The best place I've ever worked!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 28, 2013
Weatherby Healthcare is a company like no other. Its core value is putting people first, and that's just what it does - from employees to clients and providers. The work we do is so important because it brings about positive patient outcomes. In addition to working with amazing people and receiving great benefits, Weatherby provides so many awesome "extras" for us. For example, we get fresh fruit every week and received single-cup, industrial coffee makers. We just asked for these things and they listened ... and accommodated the request!. I love it here!
Pros
Support from your team and others, great setting, geat people, endless food!, being appreciated, working with people who really care about each other and their customers!
Cons
Cool place to work if this is your thing
Assignment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 4, 2017
My position is not what I was worked up to be. That to me is a major turn off. It's not so simple to move within the company. Managers have favorites. But overall company takes care of their staff. They train you. Benefits are great. Culture is amazing. But positions are definitely not what they paint it to be so definitely try it out but it might Not be for you. Descriptions don't really do the positions much justice.
Golden opportunity!
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLJune 6, 2012
Weatherby is truly a golden opportunity for anyone that wants to succeed in every aspect of life. I've raised two children as a single parent and could never have the positive results without the assistance of my second family, Weatherby. When I first started, someone said you have to be a "nice person" to work at Weatherby. Both myself and this person are here, with many others for the past 11 years. Yes, you must be nice and ETHICAL! Our core values go beyond the walls of our office. Our CEO, CFO, President, everyone is just so open and sincere, genuinely caring for every employee, as if they were blood related. The golden opportunity has allowed me to form so many wonderful relationships with physicians. This is just another extension leading to the care of patients. There are physicians that I have worked with for years, that have become so close, we visit each other's home and celebrate our families together. It gives me such warmth every day to have been BLESSED with the opportunity to work for such a remarkable company!
Pros
great benefits, fun atmosphere, lots of celebrating each other!
Cons
wish it was closer to home.
Solid Company
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 6, 2012
Weatherby is a great place to work! In fact, it’s even ranked in Fortune and Modern Healthcare as such which is the result of EMPLOYEE feedback/surveys. In full disclosure, it’s NOT for someone who expects to make money without effort, but truly the company changed my life. Management is extremely supportive with both feedback and resources to improve results, co-workers are fun and become a second family, and benefits are great. I can’t imagine a better place to work.
Pros
culture - amazing group of co-workers
Weatherby Healthcare is a Great Place To Work...
Consultant (Current Employee) –  FloridaJune 1, 2012
In my short time here so far, it has been amazing. Leaders are willing to help you success and grow. The business partners/support staff always give 100% with a smile. I have never been apart of such a great company. There is always some activity or event for the staff. Wish I was here years ago. Love the casual dress attire, gives me more time to focus on my work then stressing on what to wear.
Pros
benefits are great, fun culture & performance driven mentality, everyone is exceptional
Cons
alot of emails throughout the day
Lack of training for business partners who support the sales consultants
Credentialing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 7, 2018
Wasn't my favorite place to work. The training was directed towards the sales teams and didn't focus on the support role that I was hired on for. Pretty much set you up to fail.....
Pros
ping pong table, cafeteria, and trip to UT for "training"
Cons
even if you're training you'll be made an example of. Bad coaching/training...
Productive and busy work place
Physician Consultant -Surgery Division (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 4, 2016
Position at this organization was enjoyable, I was a Physicians consultant, the culture was young, great perks and benefits, decent pay. I had the ability to work with well rounded non clinical staff and support staff, I made great relationships with clinicians and hospitals.
Pros
The environment was friendly and job offered stability
Cons
very aggressive sales environment, very stringent on quotas.
Outrageous
Locum Tenens Pediatrician (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLMarch 30, 2018
Physician sent for assignment to private clinic but never received payment. Company did not intervene , no job security. Total disappointment. No managerial skill . No one was accountable for this situation.
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCMarch 22, 2018
very long hours and no work/life balance. great if you're young and not intending to start a family where both spouses work. great people but not a good fit for me.
challenging but rewarding
sales (Current Employee) –  FloridaJune 1, 2012
great camaraderie among coworkers. being a sales job there are metrics to meet, so you really have to bury your head and work hard but the rewards are great if you are productive.
Pros
great benefits, casual work atmosphere
Cons
lots of distractions, company events, etc to get in the way of your work time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Weatherby Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

Weatherby Healthcare Reviews by Location