Weatherford
Coronavirus update

Weatherford Employee Reviews

United States1,899 reviews
Found 1,899 reviews matching the search
Supervisors would often deny personal time off or patronize employees for wanting to take time off for personal business. Management would often promise raises to employees but never fulfill promises
This was my first oilfield job. The management was pretty good. Pay was a little low compared to other companies in the area but they made up for it by working you to death. Over all it was good. I made lots of money and learned a lot about the oil field.
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
Lots and lots of hours.
You are just a number there and do not forget it.
Terrible lower and middle management.

Great people at the bottom level. You are like a catfish, sucking off the bottom to stay alive.

Pros
Cons
Almost everything
Exelente nuevas tecnologias sobre electromecanica y assembler de los tubos.
They never hired minorities and laid off the ones who asked about diversity. Its a friend and family type of company. Its wasn't what know it was who you know. It will be shut down soon. It was a trainwreck and surprised it lasted as long as it did.
Pros
It was a job
Cons
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Weatherford has always been fair to me. Benefits are good, they have been restructuring organizationally, becoming leaner. I am very happy with weatherford.
There’s too many management in the company. The biggest problem asking was if you like to drink and meet with all upper management you moved up in the company I actually seen one guy get put in jail in the Middle East lost his visa and they moved him to Indonesia most people would get fired but since he was friends with upper management in Asia they kept him on the payroll
Pros
There’s a lot of opportunity but he You have to know the right person to move up in the company
Cons
Making decisions
I worked many hours due to the only one on location and didn’t receive all the hours paid Management purposely would change my time with less hours with not telling me anything
Pros
Got to be a supervisor
Cons
Not paid the amount I should have been paid
Oil and Gas companies are going through a lot of transitions dues to depressed commodity pricing. I would avoid.

Weatherford has been and still is a great service company. They have great products and services.
At the beginning it was a very positive experience. But as you all know good things come to an end. The overall company culture at this place is pretty bad. Upper management has a very anti field hand mentality. Pay is steadily taken away every 6 months.
great benefits, great technology, company regrouping after a rough spell but I foresee them taking off like a scolded cat when the economy rebounds...
I do not want to work there anymore. The management team is managing by intimidation, not letting employees be creative. They do not care nor listen to your opinion.
My time at Weatherford was ok but your just a number in the work place. You will be laid off no matter how good of a job you do unless you’re in the good ole boy network.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No respect
Lots of educational opportunities in the modern technology. Lots of time & money spent on R&D. Opportunity for advancement if you work hard. Very family oriented.
Don’t just try but exceed in learning everything there is to know about your position. Always look for improvements in work but keep safety number one.
This company is filled with talent at the bottom because they hire and train the bottom 80% very well and generally have a career development program for the new generation. However, for the top 20%, expect constant turnover and restructuring to cover up for mistakes. There is little effort to recruit from within at the top. For these folks, the technical details will not be worthy of concern. You can expect them to dress well, drink like fish, curse like sailors, enjoy a good boondoggle, and come from a competitor - usually in a pack. The CEO and COO are a refreshing exception - they are true gems and a joy to work for.
Over my 20 years with Weatherford, I have had so many incredible experiences. I have gotten to travel all over the Western US including Alaska. I have met some of the nicest people! The culture is incredible but the IT dept has had a different perspective since 2009. They have been attempting to get rid of Desktop support and failed everytime because of the complexity of support. Covering 5 states has been a challenge and keeping up with the other Techs as far as making sure they have what the need and help them where I could. After going back to School in 2008, they took away the flexibility for that. They never trained me on anything expect where there was a little more complicated setup like a kiosk computer or a system admin setup. I have learned most of this on my own and had to research several options to help when needed. They have not advanced me in 7 years.. I ended up moving offices which took 2 weeks and it took a lot to get my new credit card and a new company vehicle that was never used. Just alot of time spent on trying to get address changed and office set back up and got way behind on tickets and just had to set my self up to get the tickets caught up. Not sure I could ever go back to Oil and Gas after seeing all the mismanagement. Weatherford Has been good for the most part. I would not recomment working in their IT Dept as you will never advance or get trained properly. As far as the other side of Weatherford, if you want into the oil and Gas business, if they make it thru this year, they might be worth looking into. They do treat their employees right as far - more...
It is a great place to work and be a part of the community. Management is tough but fair and will help you get the training you need and want. Working as a field representative keeps the scenery changing and exciting.
I don't want to put anything in this box but I'm forced to anyways. I liked working there I had no problems and was compensated great for my working life
If This Place Was Managed Better It Would Be A Great Place Too Work The Decision Making Was Out Of The Ball Park Thats Why A Lot Of People Lost There Job
Each Employee feels himself as a valued asset within the company from the fist day he lands on;The Team work Culture enhance the envy to deliver as an active member among the team;Consistent Training and coaching push your potential onward and which caracterize the new born leaders regulary .It is a very interesting company full of positives perspectives gathering everyone for a common successful delivery .
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Weatherford. Our community is ready to answer.
1.4K
1.2K
Women's ratings

2.5Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.