Weatherford Employee Reviews

Found 1,475 reviews matching the search See all 2,983 reviews
Weatherford is a drilling Company
Senior safety Technician (Former Employee) –  Kome Site -ChadJuly 21, 2018
Weatherford Drilling International is one of the good drilling oil company in terms of management, culture and enjoyable work place because they have a very good management system.
Pros
Free lunche
Cons
Short break and healthcare
Opinion
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, TXJuly 18, 2018
Typical day at day at work, goes busy, I learned how to make decisions in critical situations, Workplace culture is equal and respectful, hardest part of job is keep motivating everyone on daily basis. most enjoyabe part is working in team to find solutions.
Pros
Employee Recognition
Cons
Challenging Environment
good job if you dont like being home
Wireline Operator (Current Employee) –  Casper, WYJuly 18, 2018
No time at home, always on the road. compensation ok, benefits are amazing but there is more to life than money, I can almost make what I make here working in town and being home every night.
Benefits
Cons
No time off, fighting for hours.
Not much to say
Comstar Operator (Former Employee) –  Greenspoint TxJuly 16, 2018
I do not have much to say about this company. It was a job that taught me the value of automation and how a lack of it can cause problems to occur within the workspace.
Weatherford Review
Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 11, 2018
My engineering department was brand new out of the box. I didn't believe them at first when they told me they didn't have a R&D engineering department in this area because their competitors have hundreds of engineers on staff for this application. I got to start my department from scratch and hired everyone there. It was enlightening and something I always wanted to do. We had over 6 years worth of R&D projects on our list when the layoffs began. It was sad to put all that effort into this department and affect that many lives.
Pros
Establish my own engineering department
Cons
Layoffs began too soon
Very productive
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 8, 2018
I really enjoyed when I was working for this company. I like their management team. Work load was not an issue, because I could prioritize and manage the job tasks.
Pros
Good management
Cons
Good benefits
Great place for advancement
MANUFACTURING CLERK (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXJuly 8, 2018
Weatherford is a great company to learn all aspects of the business. They provide you with the necessary knowledge to become what you want. They offer great benefits.
Poor management
Operator (Current Employee) –  TexasJuly 7, 2018
Management just cares about what you can do for them. Will make you learn different positions and not pay you extra to do more for what you were hired to do so. Does not give out raises unless threaten to quit or go to HR . No schedule. No raises even though they brag about how well the individual is doing.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Management cares only for themselves and not the worker.
19 Years
US Operations Land Manager (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXJuly 2, 2018
Its been a long road. Some good, some bad, all in all, a pretty good place to work. Had some fun times, had some not so fun times. Well I shouldn't complain.
Very Fast Paced
Heavy Duty Wireline Operator (Former Employee) –  Broussard, LAJune 26, 2018
Poorly managed and very difficult to understand your role and succeed under very poor supervision. Never spent any time with your family because you were always gone
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Horrible hours
Great place if you want to relax
QUALITY INSPECTOR (Current Employee) –  Katy, TXJune 25, 2018
No striving for improvement for the most part. Poor customer satisfaction and quality. Lack of on the job training. No accountability.

Not all bad, handful of people want to make things better but most of the people are not in roles to achieve that.
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
No improvement
Great place
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJune 19, 2018
Weatherford was an amazing company, they take care of their people. Great benefits and pay to match, management knows the employees names you are not just a number at Weatherford. Once again Great place to work.
Pros
Benefits, salary
Cons
No Cons
a good place with pretty nice staff.
SENIOR DOWN HOLE ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Nigeria port HacourtJune 19, 2018
work in weatherford can be satisfying,the environment is conducive the staff are dedicated to their jobs, with a topnotch management. the management makes sure company stakeholders are satisfied. .
Pros
good break periods
Cons
small break space
Ok
Critical Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Moore, OKJune 17, 2018
It was fun place to work for back in the days and you could move forward after that management changed and it went down hill you need to know someone to move up, they didn't care how many years experience or what you know if you salary is high you are the first one to go.
Great Potential
Senior Director, Manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 13, 2018
Weatherford has the potential to be a great company. It's product and service menu is quite extensive for it's size and it has a global footprint. It has two over arching problems - long term debt and instability of management. Senior management jobs are revolving doors. This has resulted in numerous "regime changes" - creating an environment of constantly changing priorities with a lack of focus on core values - not least of which is sustainable operating performance.
Going Down
Houston, Texas Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 11, 2018
Weatherford has been struggling for almost the past 10 years. The software development shop where I worked was great, as well where the people. But as the company continues to go down the drain, the execs make sure they get their bonuses.
Great place to work.
Server Engineer and Citrix Support LVL IV (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 10, 2018
Weatherford is a great place to work. the people are very friendly and knowledgeable about their position. Everyone is willing to help each other when needed.
Pros
Game room and work from home one day a week.
Great internship
Global Supply Chain Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 10, 2018
This was my first professional internship and it paid very well. I got a taste of how stressful life was after college for sure! I was at a smaller office and a temp at the time, so I did not fully get to experience the culture.
Good pay and benefits
Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXJune 8, 2018
While I Was working for Weatherford, I enjoyed my time there. Every year my salary would increase and they covered my insurance well. They made good quality products that I can support.
Good experince
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJune 8, 2018
First experience fresh out of college, management was very helpful and there was lots of learning experiences. The worst issue that I had it was that the projects lasted a long time and that was always time away from home.
Pros
Good on hand learning
Cons
when is busy people is run to the ground