Weatherford
Happiness rating is 64 out of 100

Weatherford Employee Reviews

Found 1,964 reviews matching the search
Was a great company until prior senior management made some very bad investment decisions which drove it into bankruptcy. I hope the best for Weatherford to make it again. They have a hard road ahead but good luck on the future of the company. Hopefully the new management can learn from prior managements mistakes.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Support staff thought they run the company
It's tough environment to work in at times due to the same problems over and over not being addressed or flat out ignored due to politics. Management does alot better job with employees when dealing with at home issues than at work problems. Pay is fair and support is above average
During my time at the company, I worked with many great employees and had the support of many great managers, who cared about their employees and their growth.
Pros
Employees
Cons
Sometimes lack of communication from direct management.
Loved working at Weatherford, great company, great people, all around nice place to work. Just wish it could has lasted longer as the virus ravaged the company and led to my lay off
Pros
nice facility
Cons
business not doing very well
Good place to work, good comp, good benefits. unfortunately the energy industry took a terrible down turn. It is a tough time in the industry, lots of good folks were affected.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Was a fun place to work until the company decided to roll out a blanket approach to every aspect from sales , training, customer service, logistics, billing, etc. You absolutely can’t expect different divisions with different kinds of purposes, business models, functions and customers to do everything the same. After filing chapter 11 this company hired an outside firm to redefine and streamline processes. Unfortunately they failed to thoroughly consult with key players in each division before making changes. It’s a mess. Processes constantly change. More talking than doing. Algorithms over common sense. Outsourcing jobs, layoffs and managers leaving. Some very good and loyal people are overworked and overwhelmed. If the oil industry ever comes back strong, I hope this company will rethink its approach.
Pros
Co workers and customers are awesome
Cons
Processes are convoluted and constantly changing
Upper management at my location was not good. Was micro managed a lot which brought down morale. Lots of unprofessional things being done by upper management were I was at. Enjoyed my co-workers alot. Management was a different story. They laid off all the employees with knowledge to get the jobs done. Kept their buddies with less knowledge. Good pay and benefits though.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Upper management. Too top heavy.
At the end i was essentially doing 3-4 jobs. Operations supervisor for seven preventative maintenance crews, Field Sales for ALS, Rod pump/Rod sales, Rods/ pump parts delivery. Enjoyed my coworkers, pay was good and benefits. Direct management was ok but upper management not great. Unrealistic goals for some people such as myself. All companies have ups and downs but in the middle of a restructure it was not a good experience. I was laid off due to covid impact by sales side but it was not communicated to operations they were not happy about it.
Pros
People, Pay, Benefits
Cons
Upper Management, Communication
Well this title says it all. Management and procurement here are horrible. Every single order that we get on the shop floor is already late. Since all of the orders are late they make you work overtime to finish as fast as you can. I’ve had work orders that have a 30 hour build time that they want you to finish in a 12 hour shift. The only positive is the other assemblers we stick together and try to push through as much as we can. Everyone is fed up though. A majority of these guys haven’t gotten a raise in over 5 years. Trust me this is not the place you want to be. We are all trying to find new jobs!
Pros
The assembly guys are like family
Cons
Mandatory overtime, emotional manager, unreal expectations
I worked there for a few years. Moved from starter position to district manager. It was a great place to work and advance in position and pay. I learned a lot from the senior staff.
Pros
Great people and good pay
Cons
Job I did no longer exists.
Was a good company for the most part. They have a lot of old software rather than investing in completely new stuff which makes things difficult. My overall experience was good and I enjoyed all the people I worked with.
Pros
Job stability
Cons
Company has serious financial struggles
Appreciate the atmosphere, provided to the employees. Everyone treated with dignity and courtesy. Manger is cooperative and kind, wants me to succeed in the role
Pros
Nice Environment
Cons
Not as such
Working at Weatherford was fun and a learning experience, but they're long hours so you have to be able to want to be there. We believed in teamwork and on weekends we had BARBQUE cookouts with our co-workers
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Want to get ahead here? Not a chance. Unless you're related to someone or someone's buddy, you're not going anywhere. Doesn't matter if you work hard because someone above you will take the credit. But don't worry, if you do something wrong, you WILL take ALL the blame.
Pros
holiday pay
Cons
nepotism and favoritism
I enjoyed working here. The people were nice and time flew by working with people I enjoyed being around and they build cool tools and it was refreshing learning things I enjoyed learning about.
Weatherford made decisions about my career without consulting me first. They hired me to expand their market share in the offshore industry and then I never did an offshore project. When the industry took a hit the equipment maintenance was noticeably sacrificed and they worked the field hands to death on a skeleton crew.
Pros
compensation
Cons
Work life balance
You are a number at Weatherford nothing more. When you get a job here you had better get the pay you want. Do not believe working hard and going above and beyond your job duties will get you a raise in the future. These people throw around one and two percent raises every two to four years and tell you how lucky you are to work here. Management talks about how we are a family but I feel sorry for there family if they treat them like they treat us. In the years I have been here I have seen several changes in upper management. We have gone from capable leadership and steadily declined to inept. What is worse than not knowing how to do a job is believing you know how to do a job that you have no clue how to do.
Pros
pay is decent but this is the oilfield
Cons
you need a total lack of common sense to understand managerial decisions
Loss of communication with upper management. Not always get the training you need. Other employees are great and always willing to help. But they just laid off one third of all employees and some with the most experience there.
Pros
Benefits start from your first day of employment
Cons
No communication
They take advantage of employees, very few pay increases,hostile work environment most days, management lies on a regular basis to get what they want and never follow thru on promises of career advancement. Overall not a good place to work only here till something better is available
This was one of the best company I had ever worked for. Great pay and benefits plus a lot of chance for improvement. The only thing about this company is that they are fast in giving lay offs when the oilfield goes down
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
On call 24/7
I was a middle manager, and the layers of pseudo Presidents and Vice Presidents that brought absolutely zero value to the company was astounding. Most old holdouts from the BDD days. They were always kept on, moved from role to role all the whilst missing every single KPI and goal imaginable and being totally inept. The company paid well and was fairly flexible, but in all honesty they will not survive and I’d be weary of signing on this late in the game. It’s a racket at this point, its been a sinking ship for years.
  1. Employee Reviews