Weatherford

Weatherford Employee Reviews

United States1,993 reviews

Found 1,993 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,946 reviews
oiloilfieldwftfieldsafetyrigdrillinglayoff

Fun workplace and good benefits

Fun place to work there are just no advancements even when manager ask the upper management for promotions you wont get them . They really cant affort much since they are still bankrupt. Working hard dont mean a raise

Being the best in the industry!

This was a very professional company, and I had a very big sense of pride for working with Weatherford. Unfortunately, they got rid of their fra division, and we had opportunity to go other places within Weatherford, but I made a big mistake and leaving that company.

Pros

Professional environment, fair, extremely professional

Cons

Close down field that I was working in at the time.Frack coordinator

Weatherford insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Despite challenges and downsizing still wasn’t a bad place to work

Not a bad place to work for development. Was turnover in management. If you can adapt to a lot of moving parts and changes with leadership style, you will be successful.

Pros

Close to the Galleria

Cons

Stability

Terrible place to work.

Management is terrible and the compensation is not that great. I will not recommend this place. A lot politics and lack of employees appreciation.....

Excellent place to start your career in oil and gas industry

Weatherford is an excellent place to start your career in oil and gas industry. I worked there as a MPD field engineer for 2 years before we all get laid off due to the oil and gas downturn.

You are just a number

You are just a number even if you work for them over 20 years Times have changed for Weatherford. Zero customers relationship that's why they leave

Pros

Cons

No employee relations

Great People

Most Upper Management were great to work with. Decisions being made higher up the chain made the day to day more difficult unnecessarily. In the end, I had to leave because there was no more light at the end of the tunnel. I think it was a cave in.

Weatherford ALS

5 Years working for Weatherford is ok the best thing is job Stability but moving up unless you have a degree good luck. If your not in the click or the Good olé boy system you are on your own.You have to fight for any pay raise and they don't know how to keep your experience up to date, it is up to you. And if you get promised a promotion gat it in an e-mail or in writing or it never happened. Like I said very stable especially during covid.and remember the cost in ND is much higher than in other states.

Horrible with bad management

This is ok to work for pay is fair for the most part. Management sucks have no clue what they are doing or what's going on. Zero support when needed rewards bad employees and push the good ones out the door. If your not a yes man you will never going anywhere

The branch I worked for was small, paid minimum, but I learned a lot as I was promoted almost every year during my 8 years.

I was able to advance my career with the knowledge I was able to acquire during my 8 years at Weatherford. The pay is low but the knowledge you pick up is worth the low wages.

Pros

Knowledge and health benefits.

Cons

401k was removed twice during my 8 years. Low wages.

Great people to work with

At Weatherford I had a blast working. It was hard most of the time but always rewarding. The people you worked with were always there to help each other.

Pros

Great pay, great people and always see the country.

Cons

A lot of hours and sometimes you don’t get days off, You’re on call most of the time when you are off work.

Great work, life balance.

Work life balance is great. Typically Monday through Friday. Hours can vary but are not allowed to work in the dark so you are sure to be home for supper.

Pros

Family friendly hours.

Cons

The company is kind of cheap when it comes to things you need.

Enjoyed being a Mechanical Designer

It’s great place to work. Coworkers are easy to work with. It is always have something new to learn. Great pay, flexible hours, People are nice and supportive.

Pros

Flexible

okay place to work

up and down. long hours for long periods. short break before back in the field. need to hire more people. work life balance very difficult. upper management not involved or understanding of lower level employees.

Very innovative and productive.

It was a great pleasure working in a team that is very innovative and productive.That's the kind of employee I am. The management was very innovative and productive also. Overall it was a great company to work for.

Pros

All good

Cons

Learning new things, travelling to different places & cities

Weatherford international is one of the biggest & best companies to work for in the oilfield industry. I enjoyed working for them as a Wellsite Geologist but Job securing of most oilfield careers is directly tied to the oil price and you can't plan long-term as you may lose your job at anytime. Scary place to work at but rewarding at the same time

Fyn

Yolo loving it.. duper great time and management pretty cool and can be very understanding. Enough time to complete tasks and no micromanage.. best I'm

I have only been with ALS for a few months and have learned a lot.

I have only been with ALS a few months but everything is going smooth so far. There are good and bad things about this company just like any company you work for.

Good Experience, Could Be Better

You are able to manage different projects and oversee different aspects to be able to see a well rounded view of processes. The pay could be better and the nepotism is pretty rampant, so good luck getting promoted.

They do Haz Op which is great for new contraction

Provide guide to meet OSHA I be glad to work for them and make improvements in their operations Optimize operations reduce cost and make operations energy efficient!Thanks

Pros

Review meeting

Cons

Poor lunch area

I really appreciate them, keeping me busy and allowing me to get overtime when needed. The on site Jon training was Awesome!!

I would like to work for weatherford again. Great company and training! Work rotation was nice 4 on and 2 off. Flight home benefits were great! Good company!

Pros

Benefits and Pay/hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Weatherford. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

2.5Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss