Weatherford Employee Reviews

Found 1,623 reviews matching the search See all 3,216 reviews
WDI not very enjoyable
Senior Toolpush (Former Employee) –  Middle EastJanuary 18, 2019
WDI employment was a decision that was made during slowdown in Canada. It was a job, but was sent to Lybia, and Iraq. Working in Iraq was not a pleasant experience for myself as the rig was in close proximity of the war torn happenings.
Co workers great management joke
Manual Machinist (Former Employee) –  SchrieverJanuary 17, 2019
Management was a joke and from what i hear still is they have they buddy buddy system and target others as outlaws coworkers were always friendly and good people quick changes every do many months on things that dey had no clue how would work out after being stupid 8+ years im being blessed to get out of dere n living my best life
Pros
Coworker, training facility, closing down
Cons
Management from top to bottom bunch of pigs
Long Boring days, but the pay is great
MACHINE OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Big Spring, TXJanuary 17, 2019
A day at work usually consists of producing what seems to be a minimal amount of components. Management doesn't let you work ahead and will often throw stuff in your workday last minute saying they need it immediately. I don't think Weatherford is a bad company, but the Big Spring branch isn't run well. Pay is pretty good if you want to work six days a week.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management, Management, Management
Great place to work while it’s still open
Painter (leaderman) (Current Employee) –  Houma, LAJanuary 10, 2019
I loved working at Weatherford for the years I’ve been employed if it wasn’t closing I could see myself retiring with the company. My fellow employees I enjoy working with we’re like family and that’s what I tried to bring to a company because I spend most of my time with them.
Pros
Working with a great group of people that I can learn from and having great benefits
Cons
Short lunch
Administrative
Admin. Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 8, 2019
Weatherford is a great place to work. I learned so much at this company. The people in the IT Department at Weatherford are the best. Very fast pace area.
Pros
Opportunity to learn new task
Cons
Turn over in staff
Knowledge and Skill by Company
CNC Machinist III (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, TXJanuary 8, 2019
Weatherford is a company that cares for their employees. This company has provided me the knowledge and skills to further my career as a machinist. weatherford is a wonderful company to be part of.
Nope
Other (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 7, 2019
Management does not have a clear vision of how to get rid of debt and control spiraling expenses. Violations of policies are swept under the rug. Layoffs galore.
Warehouse
WAREHOUSEMAN (Former Employee) –  Magnolia, TXJanuary 4, 2019
Very organized warehouse. Co-workers were fun to work with, but didn't appreciate them chewing tobacco and spitting on the floor. Open air warehouse was extremely hot in the summer.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Open air warehouse
Good team to work with
Sr. General Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 4, 2019
Weatherford has a great team of people and a solid foundation and the company will be much better positioned to grow following the turnaround initiatives.
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDJanuary 3, 2019
Good Management, benefits are some of the best I have ever had. good health insurance. Paid sick leave, paid time off. all in all a good place to work

Want to know more about Weatherford?

Ask a question
Benefits are great and that's about it
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 3, 2019
There's not much to describe here, take a look at the stock and past management. They are a reflection of how this place is operated. Health benefits are top notch, there's not much to say about the rest.
Priceless Learning Experience
Wireline Field Engineer / Radiation Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Broussard, LAJanuary 2, 2019
I have always wanted to start my career in the field. Weatherford gave me the opportunity to learn this industry from the ground up. Wireline challenges me everyday, from job to job. Although we may run the same tools for most of our clients, every job is different. We have to plan every job from start to finish, with the constant help from other engineers when needed. I work with a group of well experienced engineers that have helped turn me into the engineer I am today. The hardest part about wireline is knowing how to handle a job when it doesn't go according to plan. We have to stay in constant contact with the company man, geologist, and management to make sure the job gets done in a safe manner. Those jobs may make it tough, but they are also the most rewarding. The most enjoyable part of the job is definitely the people I have been given the opportunity to work with. Constantly meeting new people is something I will always look forward to for the rest of my career.
Pros
Days off, Benefits
Cons
Unknown of job call outs, working through the night on occasion
Great Place to work.
Under Balanced Drilling Field Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXJanuary 2, 2019
Loved working out in the field with all the talented individuals at WFT. The company made sure we were well taken care of, all accommodations paid for by them when we were on the road. Made saving up a pretty penny easy.
Summary
Western Hemisphere Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 28, 2018
Productive and a good place to work. Always enjoyed and looked forward to going to work. Wft does not micro-manage and let's you prove your skills. Would help if needed.
debt
HR Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 27, 2018
I think that the debt Weatherford carries will be the downfall of the company. It is sad to see the stock price at such a low value. I hope Weatherford can come back.
Good
Chemical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Latexo, TXDecember 19, 2018
Good . It was a very good company to work for. I was a chemical laboratory technician. I had to deal with a lot of chemicals. I was in charge of quality control.
Inspect What You Expect
Management (Current Employee) –  South TexasDecember 19, 2018
Weatherford is no different than other companies that seek continuous improvement. If you aren’t willing to better yourself, do better for the company, take pride in your work, then you’ll struggle wherever you go. It’s a great place to work, great market share, plenty of work and growth opportunities.
Pros
Career Advancement
Cons
Prior Tax Issues Limiting Company
no home life
CNC Machinist III (Current Employee) –  Schriever, LA 70395December 18, 2018
not enough time for family, not paid enough, work was too up and down not enough notice on working the weekend poor management doing the work of three machinist and not even paid to the level of one
Stress inducing job with unreal expectations
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Schriever, LADecember 18, 2018
Management and the ones that they care about will get away with almost anything while consistently pushing their workloads off on anyone else that they can without doing it themselves. These people will constantly tell you to do things that they need with no regard to what you already have going on and will do nothing to help themselves in the matter even if they are capable of doing so. They have little to no understanding of their own position's functions, but they will try to dictate yours. Being severely underpaid and stressful situations make this a place you will never want to return to. They like to tell you how good you have it here and what you'll miss out on if you leave but do nothing to retain good employees.
Benefits
Cons
Short lunches, unobtainable goals, management favoritism
Great while it lasted
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 10, 2018
Weatherford was an awesome company to work for when the O&G market was up. Layoffs and frequent changes in management was the downfall of this company.