Web.com Employee Reviews

Good People, Not So Good Pay
Specialist, Modifications/Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 14, 2018
They didn't give raises, merit-based or otherwise. The health benefits were nice, though apparently a bit expensive compared to other companies. On-site clinic was a benefit. Hours could be flexible if you were not in a position on the phone, though the flexibility in other departments seemed to be being phased out over the last year or two. Management were very nice people.
Pros
Nice people to work with.
Cons
Low hourly base pay, regardless of experience, supplemented with a volatile incentive program. Lack of raises.
Meh, It's a Job. I guess
Tech Services (Former Employee) –  Drums, PANovember 23, 2018
piles too much work on small teams of people and reluctant to hire help. For example, Tech Services is responsible for handling Social Media Engagement, Multiple Live Chat Sessions at a time, Phone Calls, and expected to complete at least 50 work tickets a day.

Such a work load on the IT Support means that customers' problems can't be resolved properly, resulting in poor customer satisfaction and getting screamed at over the phone.

Was also laughed at by Supervisors when I asked about yearly raises, etc. Company gives no raises and doesn't not respect senior employees.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Take advantage of workers
Wonderful experience until we went private
Branch Sales Manager New York New Jersey Markets (Former Employee) –  New JerseyOctober 16, 2018
The Web.com I worked for no longer exists. I always felt that Web.com treated their employees with respect and were valued. That was until the day we went private. The ink wasn't even dry we went private on Thursday morning and then without notice we were told our field sales division was being disbanded effective immediately. 200 people across the country blindsided. Our emails were shut off 10 minutes after the call. People had sales to put in and clients to contact but were not able too. Only given 2 weeks severance for every year. No pay for unused vacation time benefits ending at the end of the month. People treated with no value or respect.
Not the company I signed on for.
Great work environment but job security is a concern
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 31, 2018
Worked a few months here worked hard and dialed hard however I didn’t get any sales which unfortunately was beyond my control since I don’t close the deals I set so job security is a big concern here! However the work environment and culture here is awesome and very refreshing. Management here is really friendly and nice but sometimes wish there were more motivating with you one on one. Benefits are great but you have a 3 month tenure before you can access most of them
Pros
Snacks, breaks, games
Cons
Job security, performance is inconsistent with sales
A joke of a place with a bunch of High School Drama!
Web Consultant (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WANovember 20, 2018
Disrespectful adults that act like children. Management is no help or support to anyone. No morals no work ethic no praise no appreciation. Just demand to do more to do better nobody will care.
Pros
n/a
Cons
Can never find a supervisor and when you do they look bothered.
Nice starter Job but lack of advancment
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 29, 2018
I typically would receive calls form consumers with setting up websites for there company. I would explaining the benefits of Web.com assistance in this journey, an explain the different platforms/ packages we could utilize best to promote there business brand. The decion making an convinecing the customer to build a package that fit there needs was the hardest part all while in a cue
Pros
great work place events
Cons
no job advancemnt
Typical 9-5
Account Manager II (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 23, 2018
I have worked for 2 different teams within the company and they could not have been more different from leadership down. With so many resources, there is no communication between teams to help achieve goals. The benefits are decent.. stock options, decent medical, fair compensation. There is no room for advancement unless you are there for over 5 years but can transfer internally.
Benefits
Cons
Typical corporate mindset
job is okay
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Drums, PADecember 9, 2018
job is not too bad, if you are a good sales pitcher you can definitely make a lot of money. you just have to make sure you will reach payout for you to be able to reach compensation
Pros
free lunch
Cons
poor management
Productive and fun sales environment
Online Marketing Consultant- Premium Sales (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 27, 2018
I worked in a very fun and motivating sales environment for 5 years. The company is very involved with the community and always giving back. They offer great benefits, including matching up to 6% of 401k.
Cons
poor managment once processes started changing (due to Yodle aquistion)
Productive environment with a couple of TV's and a ping pong table
Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 24, 2018
The employees at Web.com made the work environment a pleasure to want to come to work on a daily basis. It was, by far, the greatest place to work for me since I left the NAVY.
Pros
Co-workers, benefits
Nice
BUSINESS CONSULTANT/OUTBOUYND SALES (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 14, 2018
Web.com was a good place to work at the time. Great environment good people to work with. Benefits were good also. Found different ways to boost morale.
Growth through acquisitions and downsizing
Senior System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAApril 13, 2018
Since my company was acquired by Web.com, there were no raises, which was company policy. The management did not invest in the employees or the company, no new products developed etc. Very, very slow to make any changes even in face of security breaches or customer churn. No innovation, no vision.
Pros
Standard benefits provided.
Cons
Stagnant, management without a vision.
Like anything else, you get out of it what you put into it...
Branch Sales Manager - Outside Sales Office (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXSeptember 24, 2018
We tell candidates this can be the best or worst job or career they've ever had, it's really up to them. The management offers training and coaching and if you're open to it and willing to work for success there is no limit to what you can earn or how happy you can be at this company. Still others have come here and refused to accept coaching, insisted that they knew better, even while struggling, and ultimately washed out and cursed the company for its short comings. Always be open to learning something new and success will be right around the corner.
Pros
Unlimited earning potential, autonomy with accountability
Cons
Held accountable for your actions or lack of actions
I wouldn't waste my time
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 13, 2018
A typical day is spent making almost 200 dials a day. The first 2 weeks are classroom training, which will bore you to death. You will have to set demos and they have to actually run and close for you to make any commission. Degrees are not required here so don't work there if that kind of thing will bother you. There really is happy hour on Friday and a casual dress code. You will not get benefits right away, almost 3 months later. Training class drops like flies. People get fired. New people are hired every month.
Pros
Free snacks, Eap, casual dress code, pet insurance, happy hour
Cons
Benefits not given right away, office isn't closed when it snows, no degrees required
Results Driven Only
Digital Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 4, 2018
Great place to work as long as you have your monthly sales quota reached. If not dont expect to be there more than 60 days. You will be let go if you miss your quota 2 months in a row. Good money, good management, NO job security.
Pros
Money and management
Cons
NO Job security
Very Disappointing Company
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 5, 2018
Upper management won't listen to their staff and take their complaints seriously, instead they just dismiss them at whim.

Stingy and outsourced jobs to cheaper markets with incompetent staff.

They don't invested time and resources into retaining their clients the company brings on and the product is an absolute joke so it makes saving clients impossible.
Pros
Laid back and lively environment Great people Good culture (won't last much longer)
Cons
Upper management doesn't care about employees in the slightest, misplaced priorities and micromanagement, convoluted processes and inconsistencies. myopic management, understaffed and overworked
Stressful environment with poor salary.benefits
Manager, Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 21, 2018
Web.com overworks there employees as well as underoay them. Upper management (VP's, etc.) are eligible for bonuses as wekk as salary increases. While the rest of the company does not receive the same treatment.
Great Company
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 26, 2018
Management tends to get involved in Kids games of he say she say. If they do not like you, You will have a hard time with just trying to do your job.
Pros
free tickets to concerts
Cons
no raises
Web.com is a wonderful place to work, good pay and benefits.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Drums, PA 18222February 22, 2018
Web.com was good place to work. There are diffrent departments and jobs for just about everyone. Most of the time it's helping out customers with their accounts, but there are sales and creative jobs such as website development. Every one tends to be very friendly though the job can become busy at times providing a challenge.
Pros
Good Pay, Good Benefits, Paid time off, Friendly Work Environment
Just Don't
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 25, 2018
Typical day at work includes cold calling and hoping you can make some sales so your manager doesn't yell at you. The business practices are so shady, I'm surprised the place is still open. CEO likes using made-up terms like "synergy" way too much. In March 2018, the company laid off over 200 people with no notice. Now being sold off and downsized. If you're looking to be valued or have any job security, don't work here.
Pros
Synergy?
Cons
Management, layoffs, shady business, downsizing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Web.com. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight