WEBCO INDUSTRIES Employee Reviews

Very tough work
Roll Tooling Technician (Former Employee) –  Mannford, OK 74044February 26, 2018
12 hour shifts. On your feet the whole day. 48 hour work week. Steel pipe plant so there were a lot of injuries and it was extremely hard on the body.
I feel lucky to work here.
NDT Technician (Current Employee) –  OklahomaFebruary 22, 2018
Webco is a great company to work for. I was hired right out of trade school with little to no experience. The training I received was top notch and every day you will learn something new. The sky is the limit on advancement within the company as long as you are willing to put in the work. Management is great, you can talk to them like peers instead of some kind of feudal hierarchy. If you screw up they understand. Mistakes are a part of learning. Pay is excellent for the area and overtime is all-you-can-eat. Benefits are good, bcbs of ok. The 12 hour days take getting used to but after a while you couldn't imagine, or want, it any different. Co workers are nice, helpful and give good advice. Webco puts a lot of time and money into training you for your position. It made me want to do the best job I could for them.
Pros
Good pay, great culture
Cons
Only two ndt methods, EC and UT. RT possible but not likely.
Dirty low paying long houred job
Tooling Technician (Former Employee) –  Oil City, PAJanuary 26, 2018
Was a very dirty place to work, pay was low with no continual advancement. Hours were long and worked you as much as possible. Most of management were great to work with, HR was not.
Great place to start a career.
Purchasing Agent (Current Employee) –  Kellyville, OKJanuary 20, 2018
Making PO's, receiving products , email's and sending PO's.

Loud and dirty environment .

Friendly coworkers mostly.

Hardest part of job is 12hr shift and shifts.

Very laid back environment
Pros
Benifets
Cons
Not much room for advancment.
Fun Place to work
Electrical Assembler II (Former Employee) –  Sand Springs, OKJanuary 15, 2018
This Company was a fun place to work, they gave you the opportunity to learn everything. and I did. A lot of my Safety training started here and I am very thankful. They gave me the desire to futher that knowledge and I took advantage of it.
Fun for work
Orbital Welder (Former Employee) –  Mannford, OKDecember 5, 2017
Webco is a family oriented business once you have made it through your 90 days if you are a good worker you are made full time benefits start immediately then hours aren't too stressful at the time I was employed
Pros
Bonus, profit sharing
Cons
Laid off
old building poor ventilation
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSNovember 21, 2017
dirty dingy, unrealistic time frames, poor management, when it comes to Christmas it's work or family, upper management didn't care about employees, treated as work horses
Pros
Cons
everything
Great company that truly cares about their employees
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 16, 2017
Flexible schedule. Company truly cares about their employees. Great work/life balance. Whether times are good or bad for the company they will still help their employees when they needed it
Pros
flexible, develops their employees
Cons
could pay a little better
Rattunde operator (Current Employee) –  Reno, PAJuly 25, 2017
Great place to work. High paying for the area. You work 3 on 4 off overtime is always availible. The shifts are 12 on 12 off. There is plenty of room for advancements. Always new opportunities.
Fast paced, stressful invironment
SHIPPING SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Kellyville, OKMay 22, 2017
Webco is a good company to work for. The products produced are exceptional and I've learned much in my years there. I am currently looking due to the drive time. I had planned on staying on with Webco until I retired, however, due to family issues we moved, and the drive makes it difficult. Webco has given me tremendous opportunities to advance and I appreciate all I have learned.
boom industry leader with great career advancement
Welder (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSMarch 20, 2017
day started with a company meeting of quotas to fill for the day or thru-out the week. spot-welding pre assembled steel parts. then i moved up to operator of a robotic machine where the workload increased.
Pros
company investments, and pay
Cons
work culture
Good People, Goal Oriented
Materials Coordinator- OEM Sales (Former Employee) –  Sand Springs, OKMarch 3, 2017
This is a good company with lots of opportunities. But like any manufacturing company, there are highs and lows- with this trend, layoffs come and go, so job security is an issue.
Good Company
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mannford, OKJanuary 24, 2017
Great company, great management and culture. Managers take time to develop individuals to help them succeed. Workplace culture is great. Webco is heading in the right direction.
Carreer Oppurtunities
Endwelder Operator (Former Employee) –  Sand Springs, OKJanuary 3, 2017
A typical day is 12 hour shifts with a 3 day week considered full time with opportunities for overtime. There is a myriad of skills you can learn at Webco, but with hit and miss with management and supervisors it depends on who you're under with how much you can grow. Overall there is a good team mentality. There is some job stability but since Webco is tied to the pipeline layoffs have happened in the past, some minor some major.
Pros
Paid lunches, decent benifits, selective overtime.
Cons
Possibility for layoffs, dirty environment
Good money, very safe and well managed
Tank operator (Former Employee) –  Sand Springs, OKDecember 3, 2016
Webco does a fantastic job of keeping a good structure. There is no question about your responsibilities, job description, what is expected of you etc. They provide good pay and good benefits to their employees, try to have a very professional yet family oriented environment as a company, they are mostly run on internal advancement so there is always opportunity within the company. They have great shifts to promote work/life balance but also allow OT. The hardest part of the job is not getting caught up in working too much overtime.
Pros
Excellent pay, good benefits, good schedules, very safety conscious
Cons
short breaks for 12 hr shift
Serious and driven environment
Production Manager/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kellyville, OKOctober 18, 2016
Webco is and outstandingly run company with amazing executive leaders. The benefits are very competitive. There is ample opportunity for advancement at the shop level. Employee's strengths are utilized and input is encouraged. Everyone expects to continually improve your work environment.
Pros
IF you are willing to work you will remain employed.
Good Job
Drawbench Operator (Former Employee) –  Sand Springs, OKOctober 1, 2016
Learned a lot of skills while employed with Webco. I Learned all of the jobs webco had to offer in the cold drawing process. Started out as a overhead crane operator and worked my way up to becoming a drawbench operator.
Enjoyed working here.
Maintenance Technician / Manager (Former Employee) –  Sand Springs, OKSeptember 5, 2016
I worked for this company for 13 years and they offered me plenty of opportunity. I had to leave because I could no longer walk for 12 hours a day. It is a hot and fast paced environment and while the pay at one time was very good, it is inching closer to minimum wage rather than staying a percentage above it. They try to compensate with overtime and typically there is plenty of that. Its a great place to get your feet wet if you wish to learn a maintenance trade or just make a steady living if you are willing to put in the time.
Pros
Plenty of opporitunity, health care, vision, etc.
Cons
Hot, long days in the summer.
Most interesting company to work for
MIG Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSAugust 31, 2016
Its was my first welding job that I joined as deburr but due to my learning skill that quickly let me learn how to mig in few days and rose my position into full time welder as I learn many tips and advices from experienced welders. The company remembered everyone birthday with card and gift, randomly pick people to eat with the owner to better interact to improve the company.
Parts Crib Attendant (Current Employee) –  Kellyville, OKJuly 23, 2016
6am-6pm shift 3 days a week. Good people to work with for the most part and very laid back atmosphere. I watch security cameras and answer phones do some ordering, inventory and cleaning.
Pros
indoors at all times, good people, security, snacks, nice working inviroment
Cons
12hr shift and only 3 days a week