Weber Packaging Solutions Inc Employee Reviews

Poor management
Associate (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILOctober 25, 2018
Colleagues are nice. Management is terrible.
It's sad that with the new Management Team, that everyone has left or is leaving the company. They can't even keep the new people that the new Team brings on board! People aren't valued. Total chaos.
Pros
work is close to home
Cons
Toxic workplace.
Working at Weber
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILOctober 3, 2018
Started out as a good place to work with friendly coworkers and great management. Business changes brought in a new staff and a cost control style of administration. Respect for long term customer interests and employees was set aside in preference for a numbers driven business model. A policy of intermittent small bonuses in lieu of any salary raises.
Pros
I wish there were some.
Cons
See review
Great people
Packaging Solutions Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 13, 2018
Weber is a great company. My issues are getting pricing back in a timely manner to present a solution and pricing to customers. Customers become concerned about the difficulties in getting pricing.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Backlog getting pricing
Terrible Management from Executives to HR
Worked in the Land of Misfits (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILApril 12, 2018
Terrible Management from top down, cannot trust Human Resources, over worked, employees are in fear for their jobs, no raises for over 10 years, and they don't appreciate employees. ****Proceed at Your Own Risk****
Official response from Weber Packaging Solutions Inc
May 7, 2018

I'm truly sorry to hear about your experience while working at Weber. While our average tenure is 17 years, everyone has to find a company where they fit best. Weber provides quarterly bonuses that are tied to individual performance and the performance of the company. I understand that not everyone is accustomed to this methodology. We certainly encourage open communication with all levels of management and HR and would have encouraged you to share your experiences with any member of management at any time during your employment. We wish you the best in your future career endeavors.

Driven yet calm Label Company
Multi-Color Label Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILApril 7, 2018
I worked here for almost 4 years as a Label Press Operator on night shift. Working here thought me how to run a Rewinder, and a Mark Andy 2200 Inline label press. Along with four color process technique and air inject, fanfold. They provide swift promotions for new employees and management is always looking for fill positions. The training for positions is good and everyone is friendly and willing to train.
Plenty of benefits is available along with paid holidays after 6 months of employment. Night shift works 4 10 hour shifts or 12 hour shifts when on over time. Day shift work 5 8 hour shifts or 4 10 hour and 1 8 hour shift when on overtime.
Pros
Benefits, competitive pay, Good Enviorment
Cons
Long Shifts, Slow Seasons
Good Company
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILJanuary 25, 2018
24 years ago when I stated the pay was commensurate with the competition. With the banking crisis of now ten years ago a 10% give back was mandatory. Found I could not afford to stay.
If you are looking for a long-term mom and pop shop, this is definitely the place.
HR Talent Specialist (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILJanuary 10, 2018
I had the funniest, most understanding manager during my time at Weber. I wish they had full-time hours for my role as an HR Talent Specialist, therefore, I am able to qualify for benefits and stay on a permanent basis. I enjoyed working in such a laid back environment with a very close and family oriented group of individuals. Thank you for your time and wonderful experience Weber!
Pros
Free goodies, treats, cookies, refreshments almost on a daily
Cons
Not enough hours or pay
Job status
CNC Set-Up Operator (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILJanuary 8, 2018
I have work for Weber for over 3 years now and no incentive for pay increase...no annual pay increase.Weber doesn't have any respect or know what there people are doing for them.
Pros
hour 6am to 2:30pm
Cons
health care costs, short breaks, no respect.
Assembly and productivity are the best places to work at Webber
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILOctober 7, 2017
Weber was a fun environment fast-paced place to work. If they paid enough I probably would still be at weber. Weber needs better health insurance and longer breaks
Pros
Cons
Short breaks in the health insurance
Horrible red tape
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  LA, CAMarch 23, 2017
company is stuck in a time warp. bad chain of communication. spent more time fixing problems than selling. outdated erp system. very much a pecking order in this company. execs had no contact with day to day employees.
Purchasing and Inventory Control
Purchasing Cordinator (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILMarch 22, 2017
Processed customer orders for drop shipment. Approved vendor invoices for payment, or contacted suppliers for discrepancy with invoices. Contacted suppliers for status of orders or inventory balances.
Cons
Employees not friendly at all
family atmoshpere
Systems Technology Specialist (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILFebruary 2, 2015
A good company with many long term employees. Going through some changes now - but still an excellent company to work for.