Weber Shandwick Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great work place.
Office Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 27, 2018
Greeted and announced visitors. Completed a wide range of support tasks to ensure smooth office operations for 190 employees. Managed conference room schedules, set up rooms for meetings, ordered food and refreshments for lunches.
Pros
Always encourging employees
Cons
Job ended.
Big agency glitz
Account Director (Former Employee) –  ChicagoApril 9, 2018
Huge, global agency clients and campaigns provide lots of glitz and glam for resume. 24/7, always on client service and internal politics can be exhausting.
Position Overview
Group Manger (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 5, 2018
I have been working with Weber Shandwick (part of IPG) for close to 2 years. Working within the IPG network gives us employees great opportunity for inter-agency collaboration. Health insurance, matching 401K, and a great work-life balance all help!
Great Culture
Senior Vice President (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 16, 2018
Weber has a great culture, generally. Senior management is very involved in the daily work, but not in a micro-management kind of way. They're mostly do-ers, and will get in the work with you to get it done. People are friendly and fun and the pay is pretty good.
Pros
lots of free food
challenging, stock options, professional staff
Production Assistant to Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 8, 2018
I was a receptionist and this agency and then moved on to be a second Executive Assistant to the CEO. A typical day involved prepping the CEO for his day, managing his calendar, setting up his travel, car service, expense reports, answering correspondence, returning phone calls and managing his daily activities for the day. I learned how to deal with people with Type A personalities, to pay attention to detail and management was extremely helpful here. The workplace culture was very structured and professional. The hardest part of my job was being on call 24 hours a day. The most enjoyable part of my job was dealing with large events and learning how to make preparations for those events.
Super supportive teams and great work environment
Senior Account Exective (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 6, 2018
still the best place I've worked. Excellent managers who actually take the time to train you and mentor you. Great culture and work environment. Fun atmosphere and culture. Benefits are excellent. Work hours aren't excessive.
A Fine Job
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Boston, NYSeptember 30, 2017
Weber is a happy place to work. I was surrounded by intelligent people who work hard and have fun doing it. I felt like I owned my work there and it was appreciated.
Good
Lead Media Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 10, 2017
Weber Shandwick is a good place to work and the culture is very encouraging. The interns work very closely with the employees to help give them a unique experience.
Productive enviornment
INTERN (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 7, 2017
Very good experience, everyone was very hard working and determined to work to their full potential. I had an overall positive experience and would recommend this company to a friend.
PR Supervisor
Account Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJuly 27, 2017
WEBER-SHANDWICK, Palo Alto, CA, 1997 – 2000
Account Supervisor
Created and managed PR programs at this full-service technology PR agency for clients with $80K monthly budgets, including strategy/planning, positioning counsel, client relations and leading account teams of more than ten employees. Oversaw placement of significant feature coverage, managed PR events and product launches, coordinated partnership announcements. Developed and delivered “PR 101” and PR writing courses
Excellent Company
BUSINESS MANAGER (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 19, 2017
Great culture. Interesting and challenging work. Excellent advancement and growth opportunities. Leadership is interested in developing the staff. Like other competitive companies, you'll put in your time, but you'll enjoy the work along with your peers.
Creative/Intellectual Workforce but Lacking Management Support/Direction
Account Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 10, 2017
Great company with a strategic vision I believe in, one that separates us from other PR firms. Love the people I work with - the favorite part of my day is when I get to bring together 10-15 people for a brainstorm. Work/life balance can be difficult if you don't establish boundaries. Company is slowly but surely expanding career path opportunities although, for people who have been with the company for years, it may be too little too late.
Pros
Colleagues across the world go the extra mile to help you out when you have questions or need advice, Great people - creative, intelligent, gener with their time, Countless resources to help you learn and deliver for clientouss (digital, paid, video, executive visibility, influencer programs, etc.)
Cons
Management too busy focusing on new business to focus on talent development and career opportunities, Leads to strong talent going elsewhere
Great opportunities
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 27, 2017
You have to learn how to maintain a work/life balance as PR is not 9-5, but great opportunities for advancement. The benefits are really great too and the PTO really allows you to take well deserved breaks.
Not a great place for an entry level position.
Assistant Account Executive (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 4, 2017
Not much respect for entry level employees, who work their tails off day-in and day-out. Great client roster, but if you're fresh out of college or have a ton of experience, don't expect it to be used. No work life balance, and the hierarchy system is insane. There is very little investment in employee's happiness.
Help desk Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 11, 2017
Interpublic Group of Companies provides a great opportunity to learn and develop technical skills. Management provides useful feedback. IPG also provides training courses to stay current on the technologies.
Top PR firm and amazing internship
ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT INTERN (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 10, 2017
This internship was hard, engaging and jumpstarted my career. They do a great job of exposing interns to a variety of clients and settings. The work is hard and you become an accountable team member.
Review
Undisclosed (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 3, 2017
A great learning place for early PR professionals. Definitely recommend for learning your basics. A big agency and a lot of room for growth. I experienced it being a little competitive, however.
Well structured with a challenging environment
Senior Digital Associate/Media Planner (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 14, 2017
There was a clear path for most roles at Weber Shandwick, and work was never boring. What I enjoyed most was the ability to work on many accounts and diversifying your skill set.
Little to no Work/Life Balance; Political Environment
Senior Vice President (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 27, 2017
While there are incredibly smart professionals at WS, the environment is highly politicized. And basically no work/life balance whatsoever.
Pros
Great people at the lower to mid levels
Cons
Weak management; way too much politics on a daily basis
Insensetive
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 31, 2017
At the end of every fiscal year jobs are cut and people forced into unemployment while protecting the high maintenance managerail jobs. I was forced out of a job after 17 years