Weber State University Employee Reviews

Fun environment.
Phone Operator (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTNovember 6, 2018
Environment was fun, but hard because not a lot of people answer. People are nice there and are always down to work with your schedule. Breaks were short usually ten minutes but you only work for about three hours.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Short break
Enjoyed Autonomy for the Most Part Until Second Year
Secretary, Teaching and Learning Forum (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTOctober 19, 2018
Performed basic secretarial duties for department, making flyers, preparing activities for faculty, maintaining department website. Did event planning. Learned how to maintain website done in FrontPage. Management was great first year, terrible the second year. Workplace culture was quiet and uninterrupted. Hardest part of the job was being blamed for things that I wasn't responsible for and demeaning personal comments from immediate supervisor. Also, autonomy went away. Was micromanaged. Most enjoyable part of the job were the departmental events.
Pros
Being able to go to scheduled departmental events.
Cons
Loss of autonomy and stress from feeling like I was being set up. Walking on egg shells.
Great place with great people
FAFSA Representative (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTOctober 11, 2018
Weber State is a great place to work. They work around your school schedule and family emergencies. The people are very friendly and everyone is treated fairly.
Not great management at all. great if you need a part time job while going to school.
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTSeptember 13, 2018
The management in the custodial dept. is completely disorganized and very poor. They leave all of the work and training to one boss and other employees are forced to train new hires almost constantly. The hours are short, you get low pay, but you’re out of work by 9am. Only take the job if you’re good at doing repetitive tasks and doing this for months at a time with no change, raise, or benefits at all.
Pros
Short hours, breaks, being on campus
Cons
Extremely poor management, very low pay
Fun place to work can get slow during summer.
Ticket Seller (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTSeptember 3, 2018
Selling tickets, management was great . hardest part is selling tickets by yourself for a busy game with a line that stretches across the parking lot.
Pros
getting to see the games for free, treated with free food at busy times
Cons
A great place for professional development if you can put up with the office politics
Learning Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTAugust 24, 2018
The typical day consists of meetings, emails, and calls to colleagues and students, and working on special projects. I had two directors, the first was a micro-manager and made the workday stressful. The second was very hands-off and not dependable. I didn't feel that we had the direction and leadership that the team needed, nor did I feel that any concerns I had were taken seriously. The workplace culture is normally very helpful and friendly, but like all workplaces, there are politics. Most there are not very accepting of the Mormon culture, and many times the culture was ridiculed and disparaged. The politics are probably the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable parts of the job were being a part of helping students achieve their dreams, using the well-developed and innovative employee wellness program, and being part of division committees in my areas of interest.
Pros
professional development opportunities, fantastic employee wellness program, discount on university classes
Cons
anti-Mormon sentiments, poor management, non-competitive salary
Weber was wonderful!
Academic Advisor (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTAugust 9, 2018
it was a great place to work. I enjoyed the people and the atmosphere. Very accommodating because I had to travel far. Also let me take classes of my interest.
Productive and fun work enviorment
CE-Enrollment (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTAugust 7, 2018
I enjoyed Working at Weber State and would encourage anyone to apply for future employment, it's a fun and friendly environment and a great place to work.
Great place
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTAugust 6, 2018
I worked as a teaching assistant part time. It was only about 3-4 hours a week, but all of my responsibilities were clearly stated. My bosses were helpful and fair. The pay was reasonable for the amount of work I did.
Work for Career Services!!
Career Services Student Intern (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTJuly 13, 2018
WSU Career Services is the best work and team environment I've worked for so far! Everyone is so appreciative and helpful. Management is awesome! Hours are flexible. Pay isn't the greatest, but it's so worth it!
Fun and educational
Certified Apple Technician (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTJuly 12, 2018
I learned a lot from working at Weber State dealing with people, computers, and software. They payed for me to become an certified apple technician so I could properly fix peoples computers. They worked with my school schedule so i could get classes done.
Teaching at WSU was pure joy
Adjunct Dance Instructor (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTJuly 9, 2018
When you are a freelance performer, it is rare to get an opportunity to have such a welcoming and creative environment to return to. Teaching the musical theatre majors there was a wonderful experience.
Good for students
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UT 84408July 6, 2018
Flexible, fun, 10/10 would work for the zoology department again. The environment is great, flexible schedule so you can work in between classes!!!!!!!
Great job for students
Front Desk Attendant (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTJuly 4, 2018
If you are looking for a part time job while you are going to school. Weber State offers a lot of jobs that help you as you go through school. Just don't expect to get paid much.
Great university continuing to build
Assistant Coach (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTJune 18, 2018
Great university beautiful campus and great community. The athletic department communicates well and does what they can to help you achieve your team goals.
Pros
open campus
Cons
salary
Variable
Recruitment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTJune 6, 2018
Employment conditions can vary significantly by department and college. Employees benefits are very good, but compensation is quite poor with very few advancement opportunities.
Benefits
Cons
Pay
Loving Weber
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTJune 5, 2018
I love working at Weber State. The culture is very suitable for the type of work I do and the management is positive and helpful. Weber does a good job of making this a great place to work.
Easy going workplace
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTJune 2, 2018
Helped restock shelves, keep inventory up to date. Got paid well for the amount of work I was required to complete. Loved the quiet and sometimes got to work on homework.
Review Summary
Testing Center Lead Proctor (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTMay 29, 2018
Working in the testing center is pretty laid back. You get to do your homework if it's not busy and the workload is easy to manage. You just have to be strick with the rules and be able to multi-task well.
Student Work-study job
Peer Mentor (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTMay 18, 2018
I worked with other students, and really enjoyed my time there. It was a Student Work-study job, therefore part time, and flexible with my class schedule. I would recommend working there to any student. I am also currently applying to work there full time in a regular job, now that I have graduated.
Pros
Works well with class schedules, good academic environment
Cons
Job only lasts for the semester, or until work study grant funds are exhausted.