Weber State University Employee Reviews

Not great management at all. great if you need a part time job while going to school.
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTSeptember 13, 2018
The management in the custodial dept. is completely disorganized and very poor. They leave all of the work and training to one boss and other employees are forced to train new hires almost constantly. The hours are short, you get low pay, but you’re out of work by 9am. Only take the job if you’re good at doing repetitive tasks and doing this for months at a time with no change, raise, or benefits at all.
Pros
Short hours, breaks, being on campus
Cons
Extremely poor management, very low pay
A great place for professional development if you can put up with the office politics
Learning Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTAugust 24, 2018
The typical day consists of meetings, emails, and calls to colleagues and students, and working on special projects. I had two directors, the first was a micro-manager and made the workday stressful. The second was very hands-off and not dependable. I didn't feel that we had the direction and leadership that the team needed, nor did I feel that any concerns I had were taken seriously. The workplace culture is normally very helpful and friendly, but like all workplaces, there are politics. Most there are not very accepting of the Mormon culture, and many times the culture was ridiculed and disparaged. The politics are probably the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable parts of the job were being a part of helping students achieve their dreams, using the well-developed and innovative employee wellness program, and being part of division committees in my areas of interest.
Pros
professional development opportunities, fantastic employee wellness program, discount on university classes
Cons
anti-Mormon sentiments, poor management, non-competitive salary
It was a good place to work at first in the testing center, but then it went downhill.
Testing Proctor (Former Employee) –  Layton, UTMarch 4, 2018
Typical day at work was just checking in students, handing out and reviewing tests, and managing finances for tests that required payment. I learned how to give out a number of different kinds of tests and I also learned how to fix the malfunctioning computers. It was an alright culture, but it degraded into a culture that made me leave and find new employment. The hardest part of the job was coming in and staying until 9 pm at night. The most enjoyable part was that there were long periods of nothing at all so it was a big break.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
No school benefits like other departments, low pay, horrible management.
Enjoyed Autonomy for the Most Part Until Second Year
Secretary, Teaching and Learning Forum (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTOctober 19, 2018
Performed basic secretarial duties for department, making flyers, preparing activities for faculty, maintaining department website. Did event planning. Learned how to maintain website done in FrontPage. Management was great first year, terrible the second year. Workplace culture was quiet and uninterrupted. Hardest part of the job was being blamed for things that I wasn't responsible for and demeaning personal comments from immediate supervisor. Also, autonomy went away. Was micromanaged. Most enjoyable part of the job were the departmental events.
Pros
Being able to go to scheduled departmental events.
Cons
Loss of autonomy and stress from feeling like I was being set up. Walking on egg shells.
Variable
Recruitment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTJune 6, 2018
Employment conditions can vary significantly by department and college. Employees benefits are very good, but compensation is quite poor with very few advancement opportunities.
Benefits
Cons
Pay
Great university continuing to build
Assistant Coach (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTJune 18, 2018
Great university beautiful campus and great community. The athletic department communicates well and does what they can to help you achieve your team goals.
Pros
open campus
Cons
salary
Fun place to work can get slow during summer.
Ticket Seller (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTSeptember 3, 2018
Selling tickets, management was great . hardest part is selling tickets by yourself for a busy game with a line that stretches across the parking lot.
Pros
getting to see the games for free, treated with free food at busy times
Cons
productive place to work for a busy student
Phonathon Student Caller (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTDecember 27, 2018
The job is not hard we were trained adequately and the supervisor always accommodated for school works. Other than that I would say it's pretty convenient especially for students
Pros
Lunch breaks
Cons
low occupancy parking
Called hours, low pay.
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTFebruary 2, 2018
Could be worse but could also be a whole lot better. Great people to work with, sucky pay, but very accommodating and responsive to my schedule. Having summers off wasn’t great.
Pros
Worked with schedule while in school.
Cons
Never had a pay raise in five years.
Research driven community
Teaching Assistant Sedimentology and Stratgraahy (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTNovember 20, 2018
Assisting on research with the geoscience department taught me the skills I needed to advance into other careers. Everyone was very helpful and focused on student education.
High energy work environment. Great people to work with
Technical Writer/Editor (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTJanuary 10, 2018
This job was a student internship, so the pay was low, but the experience was beneficial. I learned how to be professional and productive in an office environment which was valuable for me as a student transitioning from an academic culture to the professional world.
Cons
no benefits
Work for Career Services!!
Career Services Student Intern (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTJuly 13, 2018
WSU Career Services is the best work and team environment I've worked for so far! Everyone is so appreciative and helpful. Management is awesome! Hours are flexible. Pay isn't the greatest, but it's so worth it!
Insurance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTFebruary 26, 2018
I Love working for this company, the people and staff are great!! This is only a part time job and so the pay is ok but there are no benefits. The administration is awesome though!
Great people
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTNovember 8, 2018
I love working at Weber State, the people here are great specially the management, they are very help when it comes to helping you out with any questions you may have.
Fun environment.
Phone Operator (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTNovember 6, 2018
Environment was fun, but hard because not a lot of people answer. People are nice there and are always down to work with your schedule. Breaks were short usually ten minutes but you only work for about three hours.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Short break
It really fun
intern for Classroom Technology Services (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTDecember 19, 2018
It was fun working with Weber State university there are a lot experience you face in the daily bases. It Thrive you in good way. I loved to work with amazing people
Pros
One hour break
Cons
Cold weather
Good Part time job.
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTDecember 1, 2018
Snow removal should but be required of enrolled students. Other than that it’s a great place to work with good pay. I would recommend this to students at WSU.
Good job
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTDecember 27, 2017
I was adjunct which is temporary .that is the reason I left and but I like to work if I can get full time position with all the benefit and good salary.
Student
STUDENT (Former Employee) –  UtahNovember 18, 2018
Excellent teachers and staff at Weber State University.
They are there to make sure you succeed.
Gained knowledge in the chemistry labs.
Majored in chemistry.
Great place with great people
FAFSA Representative (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTOctober 11, 2018
Weber State is a great place to work. They work around your school schedule and family emergencies. The people are very friendly and everyone is treated fairly.