WebFX

WebFX Employee Reviews

United States78 reviews

webpagefxongoingtonperkprogramclientgrowcareer

Fun environment great coworkers

I enjoy my day to day. Going to work is meaningful and enjoyable. Truly the best coworkers. Management cares about its people and treats you like family.

Busy but Opportunity for Learning

Every day's busy, and easy to feel burnt out with no breaks and strict time tracking. But staff is nice if not overly positive. Good for experience I think.

WebFX insights

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Supportive environment
  • Ability to learn new things

Excellent first job

WebFX has been an amazing job out of school — tons of education, a hugely diverse pool of clients and a supportive team of managers who really seem to care about your success (personal and professional). Unfortunately, there isn't much room for growth if you work from home (at least on the copy team). Compensation is decent, but being a contractor means no healthcare or 401k, and you're on your own for taxes.

Pros

Learning opportunities, supportive team, flexibility

Cons

Compensation, lack of benefits

Positive workplace with great coworkers

Fast-paced work environment providing on-page SEO and marketing consultation to businesses. I work one on with clients including strategy, execution, and reporting.

Pros

Awesome Clients and great coworkers. You are valued as an employee.

Cons

The work can be high demand and extremely fast paced. You time each day is pretty full.

Fun workplace but low pay and toxic positivity

Friendly and kind coworkers and supervisors. The company is full of good people that you will work with. I have made some lifelong friends but also have mentors and people who help train and grow my skills.The amount of labor you will be doing under the (1% better everyday mantra) is mentally exhausting and you will be burnt out. 45-50 hours minimum and each minute is filled. I do not think most people will take a lunch break and if you do it makes your day longer.Every second of your day is tracked and monitored. They do not trust you and will come for you if they don’t think you’re working hard enough. Do not speak up because you will be fired, even if you admit you’re burnt out or exhausted.

Culture of toxic positivity

How about getting fired within weeks after moving to a new city? Received good feedback on my projects. Note to novices: if you don't join in on twice-daily walks and lunch invites by group chat-- because you'd rather not work the extra hour, and because you actually enjoy the work, you may be labeled as " unhappy". Beware of any company with a stated desire to be your family. BTW they actually praised my work at friends and family day, to my family, 2 weeks earlier. In this company you'll find intelligence but no wisdom, and a preference for a "happy " culture over authenticity .

Amazing company, particularly for recent grads

WebFX is an outstanding place to work, particularly for recent college grads looking to get their foot in the door in the world of business. You'll learn excellent customer service skills that will carry you throughout your career.

Really amazing workplace environment

WebFX is an amazing place to work! The management is incredibly supportive, and I love the team-focused environment. They expect a lot out of their employees, which can be overwhelming, especially if you’re just looking for a place to clock in and click out. You aren’t expected to work overtime, but you’re expected to give it your all at work. Personally, I find that kind of atmosphere is a huge part of what makes working at WebFX fulfilling.

Great place to learn digital marketing but executive management is terrible

You learn a lot coming out of college here. You'll do quality work that will drive client success. But don't be fooled by the company culture. All the fake niceties and social events in the world don't make up for being underpaid. And if you express any sort of unhappiness, the executives will fire you. That's their key to being "the #1 best place to work". Just fire anyone who doesn't believe that.

Pros

flexible work schedule

Cons

requiring outside of work activities for promotion; underpaid; out-of-touch leadership

Good Company

Nice Company that promotes from within and gives employees great internal support to succeed. Like the company's mission and values which are genuine and clear.

Entry-Level Friendly, Not Sustainable

On the surface, WebFX is the best place to work in PA. The community here is one you look for in a lot of work environments and one I cannot complain about. I love my work colleagues and most of the managers here, including our founders. There are also a lot of benefits to working here if you're a recent grad, like food trucks and special goal prizes and pizza parties. But on the flip side they discourage close relationships to keep work positive. Managers and leadership expect excellence and the culture borders on toxic positivity to keep work productive. Significant personal problems are looked at as inconveniences, and stress isn't talked about enough. If it is, it's looked down on. Copywriters are paid poorly and not given basic employee benefits.

Great Work Environment

WebFX has a very supportive work environment, and team leaders are happy to help you succeed. The work is not too bad as long as you do not fall behind. The emphasis on positivity can be a bit excessive at times.

Pros

Team Events, Secure Position, Great Leadership, Pto

Cons

Low Starting Pay

Good environment but could use some work

This company means very well, but the overwhelming stress on positivity -- even when departments may be short-staffed and team members overworked -- can do more harm than good. Would appreciate more space for authenticity, honestly and mental health without feeling afraid to express any negative feelings for fear of career or salary repercussions. Authenticity is more important than false positivity.

Great opportunity for success

WebFX was my second attempt at finding a career starter, and they did not disappoint! In just the first week they offered more hands on training and guidance than my first job did in 2 months. They seem to really care which is nice, because I can tell you first hand what it's like to work with people that don't. I am hopeful this will be a long-term work home!

Pros

Training is very good, great peers

Cons

Sometimes work can build up quick and you have to be on your toes to keep it managed.

Loved the job but wasn't sustainable long-term

I loved working on the copywriting team at WebFX, however it wasn't sustainable in the long run. I was basically a full-time employee but was an "independent contractor" so they could avoid paying benefits. There weren't many job advancement options either.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

No benefits

Let go for no apparent reason

I was at WebFX for about a year and was very excited to start there. Everything seemed great (aside from the salary) and it was a decent first job to have. About 10 months in I had a review that seemed very weird. My team lead started ghosting me all of a sudden and I was let go of about a month later because "it just wasn't a good fit". All of my numbers and client surveys were 10/10, but that didn't cut it for them.Some people love it there and I did too, but I've seen many people have a similar experience of just being let go for no reason.

Career oriented team environment

Working here will quickly teach you that collaboration wins. The people are great and I couldn't imagine accomplishing this much without the cohesion we have!

Pros

Great people, lots of learning opportunities

Cons

Sometimes clients can be tough, and creative solutions become necessary

Easy remote copywriting

I have been doing remote copywriting with WebFX for a few months and they are very easy to work with. A good volume of work is provided with clear-cut needs and expectations.

Pros

Work from home, straight forward tasks

Cons

Copywriting in general will always have it's tedium, but overall WebFX makes it as easy as it can be.

WebFX gets it right

WebFX has been a great employer for the last 3 years. Our leadership may ask a lot, but they give a lot back. Having a team like this that supports each other is imperative for what we do.

Pros

Good support structure

Cons

Some projects will be more demanding than others

It's a good entry level job.

WebFX as a whole is a very positive company. They do tend to hire younger employees and that can come across as clique-ish. They hire their remote employees as independent contractors. The managers and supervisors do want you to succeed and are very kind. Sometimes it feels like any other emotion besides happiness is not allowed, however. You definitely have to put on a face to fit in with the culture. It's not a bad place to work, all in all.

Pros

Stipend for personal things, chance for bonuses

Cons

No health insurance or other benefits for remote employees

Freelance Writing

I worked remotely so I didn't have to deal with too many schedule-related issues. They expected a ton of work, editing, rewrites to comply with their culture, so that was annoying. After hours and hours of work, it came out to about $15/hour, which wasn't worth it when I have three degrees.

Pros

Remote work

Cons

Too much work for the compensation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WebFX. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
4.0Personal Development
4.9Career Opportunities
3.8Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare WebFX with

Learn about WebFX in popular locations

• WebFX