WebFX

WebFX Employee Reviews

United States50 reviews
I mostly do copywriting so my typical day is almost all writing and editing for client websites. They have a lot of various clients big and small so each site is a little different to write for which is helpful for keeping some variety in the day. The other writers and editors and managers on my team are all super nice and helpful. I trained with 2 of them during my onboarding.
Pros
growing company, good technology, nice co-workers
Cons
some clients can be more boring than others
WebFX has everything to offer! Advancement opportunity, continued learning, and a fun leadership team who values me. My work isnt easy but it rarely feels that way due to the support in place.
If you visit the Harrisburg office, you will understand very quickly that this is a fun place to be. With the amount of effort put into employee happiness and wellbeing, it makes the work day go by so fast!
Pros
Flexible work hours, fun volunteer options, group activities, career growth and learning opportunities
Cons
Nothing crazy. The work will only catch up to you if you let it
Right out of college this is one of the best places I could have hoped to have landed. I have already learned so much and work with amazing people who help me grow.
Have you ever wanted to work at an office that goes beyond just being “work”? WebFX creates an environment that cultivates friendships and positivity in such a way that it rarely feels like you are waiting for the work day to finish. I love what I do and the people I spend my day with!
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
I've been working at WebFX for a over 5 years since graduating from college and I could not believe I found a career with such a gem of a company in my first job.

Here are all the things I've loved since starting:

Flexibility - You can adjust your schedule to accommodate anything that comes up in your life. If you are spending time with friends late the night before, you can adjust your work schedule to come in later in the day the following day.

Autonomy & Independence: The leadership team here really empowers you to do your personal best. This is so different from any jobs I had ever had before. They want and expect you to solve problems and plan and manage your day. At the same time they will regularly ask what resources you need and any guidance you need so you always have support! I feel empowered and take pride and ownership in the work I take on each day.

Great People + Great Leadership: A lot of businesses throw out the "Family" aspect, but here I actually feel it. We have amazing events and even work perks that are accessible to our family! Yes, some employee happiness programs are also rolled over for our family members! There are just amazing people here!

Overall, I quickly learned why they are a 5 year running Best Place to Work in PA and I am so grateful to be a part of this! I highly recommend applying, I am so glad I took the leap when I did!
What can I say about WebFX? This place is home. I was hired out of College and have learned as much of not more on my time here than I did getting a Degree in Business. They really care about your personal development. The opportunities I have had to hone my skills have been great. Love our office and culture. I have never felt over worked, but this job isn’t for someone who wants to clock in and clock out.
I have been with the company for over 5 years and consider my co workers my family. From giving back to the community together, to giving to each other, this company has its heart in the right place. There is always something to learn here even after some tenure, and WebFX rewards you for investing in yourself.
My experience with WebFX has been so great. We have an experienced team that really invests in my success, and I feel at home here. We have a very strong culture with unique perks, like having a full time Happiness Manager! Great onsite snacks and drinks provided as well to fuel the workday. PTO is flexible and fair. I’m in for as long as they’ll have me.
WebFX is an amazing place to work and grow! I've learned so much over the past year and feel blessed to be around so many smart and motivated team members! Some of my co-workers have become my closest friends! I love the weekly events, and monthly surprises! The environment is fast paced and everyone believes in on-going learning and striving for their best! There are so many perks, I couldn't even listed them all! I even get points to continue to learn!
I've really grown to appreciate the amount of time, training, and just general investment that WebFX has put into me individually. I've learned a ton on the job and outside of work as well that has helped me become a better developer. There is a wealth of resources for me to borrow in our ongoing learning program that have helped sharpen my skill sets. It helps that these are incentivized with giftcards and such, but really, when I devote time to this my performance at work is better - which they recognize and reward with promotions and raises. I've really enjoyed working on this team too. It's much easier to get some really good work done when everyone else around you is striving to be better at their craft too.
WebFX is led by the founders of the company, who have worked hard to build a culture of inclusion, positivity, and growth for every member of the team and our clients. If you want a learning-focused career working in a cool office with cool people, I recommend WebFX!
Last night was announced that WebFX won the #1 Best Place to Work in PA for the 5th year in a row. Since I've started with WebFX I have really come to understand why that is.

The Work: Get to interact with the Best Clients and really make meaningful change for their business. I work with one client that was able to grow their company from 5 employees to 13. It feels great to help them create those jobs!

The People: Wow the people are so uplifting. My desk is littered with feel good cards and notes of kindness every day! Peopel are always bringing in little notes, coffee, gifts and with my "language of love" being gifts, this really builds me up. The team is big on recognizing your work and showing appreciation.

Management: Every single manager here is above and beyond the best I have worked for. They are so welcoming. Don't let you walk into a room without making you feel included, and appreciated. You have a voice and someone to go to when you have problems. From day one i was matched with a "Buddy" to show me the ropes, a "Mentor" to teach me more about the culture, and a "Coach" to help lead me through my career.

Amazing company, amazing perks, and amazing job.

If I could change one thing it would be for more parking!
WebFX has an amazing office and team. From the moment I went on the office tour, I knew I wanted to work with WebFX. My coworkers are awesome and the environment is super fun along with a diverse client base. They have an ongoing learning program which is second to none. I get prizes for learning! I get to work hard, learn a ton and have a great work/life balance!
I get asked all the time what makes us different from the thousands of other agencies out there and it comes down to just a few things. For one, the things I do day in and day out actually have a big impact on the accounts I'm helping with. My job would be a lot more difficult if it didn't or if all management cared about was making a buck. Seeing my accounts grow from the good work I'm doing is incredibly rewarding since it's impacting my clients positively. Secondly, the people I'm working with enjoy what they're doing too. If I worked with a bunch of complainers and lazy team members, it wouldn't be motivating or rewarding whatsoever. My team is encouraging and always trying to improve which makes me better at what I do. This translates into better results for my accounts and a really fun atmosphere to be on a winning team all around.
I have done copywriting for WebFX for a few years and eventually moved into an editing role that I have now. I work remote for the company but have been to the office several times, including my interview since I was close by. A typical day of work for me involved writing, reviewing, assigning editing different pieces of content for WebFX's clients website. The company markets all sorts of different businesses so there is a lot of variety for the web copy. Some of it is sales oriented or about different products and services that the clients offer. A lot of the content is blog focused so it is fine to write and edit. My managers have always been responsive and helpful to me and encouraged me to move into an editing role which was a promotion for me. The office is really amazing and I wish I could work from there more often.
Everything seemed normal or rather better than normal when I got the job offer. They looked amazing from everything from their perks to their buildings.

For the first few months, I felt over my head with tasks and keeping a “growth” mindset (extra stuff you need to do outside of work to keep yourself looking great). I felt as though I never was going to finish work within the 40 hours allotted...well that’s cause they don’t expect you to. They expect you to stay until the work is done even if it sacrifices your life outside of work and even if they are short staffed. Their work life balance is something they rave about when you interview, but kindly disregard that if you want to keep your job.

If you don’t drink their Koolaid and participate in all the activities and stay late, you won’t fit in. If you don’t do the activities and participate they let you know you aren’t a great fit. Their have parties like your in college, drinking is highly encouraged and it’s weird if you don’t participate. They call it a perk.

Additionally, be careful what information you share with anyone. That family atmosphere is also a great way to find reasons to fault you. If you are not management your job is not secure, there is a reason there is only a handful of them that have been there for more than 5 years...

Working 50 hours a week to keep a 40 hour a week job isn’t fun and the party like atmosphere seems great out of college, but it’s a great way to cover for lack of an HR department, breaks, etc.

In summary, everything looks great from the outside looking in, they look
 - more...
I enjoyed my time at WebFX. I was recruited to work there out of college and met the recruiter at a local job fair. I spent over 3 years there until I had to relocate for my boyfriends job in another state and I chose to depart. The training program (Bootcamp) has helped me really learn and got my career path started to really love digital marketing.
Pros
Training, lots of free food and events, friendly people
Cons
Lots of stuff to learn and take in
WebFX has been an amazing experience. The culture is amazing and everyone is so nice. Everyone is also super smart and strive to be the best they can be! The client work is fast paced and fun. I get to work on client campaigns and help them grow online. There's a lot of learning so the work never get redundant, which I really like. I get to try new strategies review campaigns and think of creative ways to help a client win online.

The benefits are also super great. Free coffee, car washes, awesome headphones, on-going learning points, etc. I could go on and on about the benefits!
The best company that I worked for. They are concern on your growth not only as a worker but as an individual. They will provide you all the tools that you need to level up your skills.
WebFX is a great company to learn and grow! The team is awesome, my supervisor is awesome and the clients are awesome!

You will be encouraged to be a better person in all facets of your life. They hire really smart and kind people which is the culture in a nutshell. Digital Marketing requires a lot of on-going learning and the founders are big believers in constant learning! If you do not like the constantly improve yourself, of are a slacker, then WebFX is not for you. However, if you are looking to constantly grow, and be around people who are always raising the bar of education, improvement and striving to be their best, then WebFX is the best place to work!
Ask a question about working or interviewing at WebFX. Our community is ready to answer.
4.7
InHerSight Score
4.3Personal Development
4.1Career Opportunities
4.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight