WebMD Employee Reviews

Good Company to Work
Web UI Developer/ Front-end Developer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 3, 2018
WebMD provides valuable health information, tools for managing your health, and support to those who seek information. You can trust that our content is timely and credible.
Productive and good work place
Senior Director, Human Resources Business Partner (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 1, 2018
Excellent place to work. The mentoring was fantastic and the experience to all areas of the business was super. I encourage people interested in healthcare, media and publishing to pursue a career at WebMD.
Good company with solid management
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, SALES (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 28, 2018
Responsible for driving BD in Pharma/Biotech accounts for Web.com and Medscape. Ran a team of 6 sales directors. Learned alot about digital healthcare marketing.
Great Company
Support Tech (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 18, 2018
I loved working for the company they did not micromange and appreciated their employees work. Great Management and always room for advancement. Plus received raises.
Great benefits but expectations have gotten out of control
Health Educator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 17, 2018
This company has some of the best benefits and work life balance i've seen. You get paid hourly and rarely work over 40 hours. You got tons of sick and vacation time. Not to mention they have some amazing benefits and perks. It just can't be beat.

However, call expectations have gotten so high that you are having to rush interactions with participants. When I first started here we could go into depth and have 15-20 minute conversations. Now, you have to rush through a 6-7 minute call just to make numbers. We seemed to be adding clients at a faster rate at the beginning and we seem to be losing them now. This has made for coaches turning into robots and not investing the time with people just to make numbers.
Pros
benefits, free things, great coworkers, perks
Cons
stressful expectations, poor management
College
Wellness Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 17, 2018
If you just graduated college this is a great first job to get into the health and wellness field. They promote a team approach and help you with purchasing some certifications.
Good
Project Manager, Scrum Master, Tech PM (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 11, 2018
Good not Bad, ok management, typical mentality, good culture, good people, hard work, fast paced, media, entertainment, web based, consumer based, professional
Smart people
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 7, 2018
Fast paced and was a new corporation when i joined the Health Affairs Department. Supported two great SVP's responsible for the information on website.
Pros
Dot-com era.
Cons
mid-town location .
Brand new to corporate culture--tough time communicating
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 24, 2018
The parameters of my role were somewhat fluid as I was a kind of catch-all for the two SVP's and the teams I supported. That said, I felt that I had a lot of autonomy, but not a lot of communication or support/feedback on the work I was doing. I was paid under market value for my position. I learned a lot from the position, but I struggled to communicate with my managers about the expectations of my role.
Pros
In-office gym at headquarters, discounted gym memberships, full service barista bar, open layout
Cons
Severe change in work culture after buyout and reorganization/refocus
Good Starting Point
Web Development Internship (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 6, 2018
I was here for an internship and it was fun. I came in for an internship as a programmer and they were in the process of migrating to a new platform. It was a little hectic but easy going. Cake once a month to celebrate birthdays.
Product oriented, good work life balance,smart employees
DIRECTOR PORTFOLIO, PROGRAM MANAGEMENT OFFICE (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 29, 2018
Product oriented, good work life balance, smart employees, compensation is ok. Private Equity company, going through business, tech & cultural transformation
great talent working for a higher purpose
Director, Recruiting (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 9, 2018
WebMD is company that gives you great pride to work for. WebMD is truly helping people with their health and fitness as well as emotional well being. The employees know this and work hard because of it.
Perfectly decent
Producer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 31, 2018
In an imperfect way.

It was nice at first, but the management became very stodgy and unhelpful.

Ultimately it is a fine place to work, though I would not necessarily recommend it.
Pros
Free food, medical know-how.
Cons
Doctors.
overworked
Coordinating Producer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 19, 2018
If you're just starting out and need to gain experience than this is the place for you. The work/life balance is very poor. Not enough staff to complete all of the work.
Pros
working from home
Cons
poor management, weekend work, not enough staff
Excellent balance and focus
Product Manager and Chief Researcher (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 17, 2018
Highly entrepreneur and service provider of consumer health analytics, benefit information, and insurance/hospital investigation. Wellness and bioinformatic solutions to employers well designed.
Pros
culture, focus, clarity
Cons
slight management obstruction
Company had its good and not so great points.
Faciliries Manager (Former Employee) –  HQMay 7, 2018
Company was operating at a time dotcoms were going through a few issues and survival was a major topic. But the company managed to pull through and become a significant player in the field.
Great job for cashing in -- at the beginning, anyhow.
families and senior citizens writer (Former Employee) –  From a home office in Big Bear City, aliforniaMay 4, 2018
When WebMD first hit the Internet, the pay was incredible. I made in a week what I was making in a month at other publications. That first year, I wound up with income tax problems. I eventually learned that start-up cash was virtually unlimited because the planning was for WebMD to become the nation's quickest prescription service in additional to carrying articles about health and medicine,
Pros
Writing eye-opening articles like people who take animal meds.
Cons
There were none.
Real Estate Is no longer there
Contracts Planner (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 3, 2018
The Real Estate Dept. is no longer is existence. It is now outsourced and there is really nothing of value for me to say about this company as real estate there is no longer in existence.
Relaxed and amenity laden work environment
Facilities Coordinator II (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 25, 2018
WebMD is a relaxed work environment. With many amenities to (attempt) making the employees pleased and comfortable.

The people are talented and dedicated. Producing quality work. Full of impaactful medical information.

An overall awesome place to work.
Pros
open office environment; food; extensive coffee selection
Cons
Unappreciatve employees; poor managers
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 20, 2018
I enjoyed working there, great atmosphere and with fun people. Unfortunately its difficult to move from a contracting role to full time, but I would work there again if I had the opportunity.