WebMD Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great Company
Support Tech (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 18, 2018
I loved working for the company they did not micromange and appreciated their employees work. Great Management and always room for advancement. Plus received raises.
College
Wellness Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 17, 2018
If you just graduated college this is a great first job to get into the health and wellness field. They promote a team approach and help you with purchasing some certifications.
Good
Project Manager, Scrum Master, Tech PM (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 11, 2018
Good not Bad, ok management, typical mentality, good culture, good people, hard work, fast paced, media, entertainment, web based, consumer based, professional
Smart people
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 7, 2018
Fast paced and was a new corporation when i joined the Health Affairs Department. Supported two great SVP's responsible for the information on website.
Pros
Dot-com era.
Cons
mid-town location .
Brand new to corporate culture--tough time communicating
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 24, 2018
The parameters of my role were somewhat fluid as I was a kind of catch-all for the two SVP's and the teams I supported. That said, I felt that I had a lot of autonomy, but not a lot of communication or support/feedback on the work I was doing. I was paid under market value for my position. I learned a lot from the position, but I struggled to communicate with my managers about the expectations of my role.
Pros
In-office gym at headquarters, discounted gym memberships, full service barista bar, open layout
Cons
Severe change in work culture after buyout and reorganization/refocus
Good Starting Point
Web Development Internship (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 6, 2018
I was here for an internship and it was fun. I came in for an internship as a programmer and they were in the process of migrating to a new platform. It was a little hectic but easy going. Cake once a month to celebrate birthdays.
Product oriented, good work life balance,smart employees
DIRECTOR PORTFOLIO, PROGRAM MANAGEMENT OFFICE (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 29, 2018
Product oriented, good work life balance, smart employees, compensation is ok. Private Equity company, going through business, tech & cultural transformation
great talent working for a higher purpose
Director, Recruiting (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 9, 2018
WebMD is company that gives you great pride to work for. WebMD is truly helping people with their health and fitness as well as emotional well being. The employees know this and work hard because of it.
Perfectly decent
Producer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 31, 2018
In an imperfect way.

It was nice at first, but the management became very stodgy and unhelpful.

Ultimately it is a fine place to work, though I would not necessarily recommend it.
Pros
Free food, medical know-how.
Cons
Doctors.
overworked
Coordinating Producer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 19, 2018
If you're just starting out and need to gain experience than this is the place for you. The work/life balance is very poor. Not enough staff to complete all of the work.
Pros
working from home
Cons
poor management, weekend work, not enough staff

Want to know more about WebMD?

Ask a question
Excellent balance and focus
Product Manager and Chief Researcher (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 17, 2018
Highly entrepreneur and service provider of consumer health analytics, benefit information, and insurance/hospital investigation. Wellness and bioinformatic solutions to employers well designed.
Pros
culture, focus, clarity
Cons
slight management obstruction
Company had its good and not so great points.
Faciliries Manager (Former Employee) –  HQMay 7, 2018
Company was operating at a time dotcoms were going through a few issues and survival was a major topic. But the company managed to pull through and become a significant player in the field.
Great job for cashing in -- at the beginning, anyhow.
families and senior citizens writer (Former Employee) –  From a home office in Big Bear City, aliforniaMay 4, 2018
When WebMD first hit the Internet, the pay was incredible. I made in a week what I was making in a month at other publications. That first year, I wound up with income tax problems. I eventually learned that start-up cash was virtually unlimited because the planning was for WebMD to become the nation's quickest prescription service in additional to carrying articles about health and medicine,
Pros
Writing eye-opening articles like people who take animal meds.
Cons
There were none.
Real Estate Is no longer there
Contracts Planner (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 3, 2018
The Real Estate Dept. is no longer is existence. It is now outsourced and there is really nothing of value for me to say about this company as real estate there is no longer in existence.
Relaxed and amenity laden work environment
Facilities Coordinator II (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 25, 2018
WebMD is a relaxed work environment. With many amenities to (attempt) making the employees pleased and comfortable.

The people are talented and dedicated. Producing quality work. Full of impaactful medical information.

An overall awesome place to work.
Pros
open office environment; food; extensive coffee selection
Cons
Unappreciatve employees; poor managers
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 20, 2018
I enjoyed working there, great atmosphere and with fun people. Unfortunately its difficult to move from a contracting role to full time, but I would work there again if I had the opportunity.
Had good opportunities for learning on new PM methodologies
Sr. Project Manager (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 14, 2018
Environment was collaborative and supportive of learning and implementing new technologies & tools.
Learnt more on project management here than at any other place.
Pros
Work-lifebslance
Cons
Contractors were asked to go
I prefer not to comment
EDI Programmer/analyst, Implementation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 3, 2018
1. I would prefer to keep my comments to myself, I do not wish to comment on this section.

No comments will be provided this is not applicable to the job
WebMd as a whole great company
HRIS HR Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Elmwood Park, NJMarch 12, 2018
WebMD as a whole a fantastic company, they give the best to their employees , generous company. Although my particular department did not recognize growth, development , basically it was a dead end position. Good employees
Pros
Generously good to their employees, tools culture, benefits, Employee Incentives
Cons
My dept was a failure of poor management unexperienced out dated work performance
Excellent work experience
Vice President of Transaction Systems (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 23, 2018
Challenging and exciting place to work. Over several years was able to consolidate 6 applications into a single application. This consolidation provide a re-occurring saving of over 25 million dollar per year.