WebpageFX Employee Reviews

Not ideal for freelance writers
freelance copywriter (Former Employee) –  RemoteMay 25, 2018
I worked as a freelance copywriter for several months. The assignments were interesting and the work was very consistent, but the pay rates were extremely low, and the expected turnaround time for long form assignments was quite short.

My relationship with the company ended after I had a medical emergency (an unexpected miscarriage) that left me unable to complete the two assignments I had agreed to do that week. I tried to be upfront about the situation, and I was very apologetic about being unable to do the work. The assignments were pulled, and I was never assigned anything again. Not only that, but I never heard from them again. This was after doing 1-2 assignments per week for months. It was disappointing, but probably for the best to part ways with a company that has so little compassion for its employees.
Pros
consistent work, interesting assignments
Cons
low pay, glorified content mill
Productive and Uplifting Atmosphere
Internet Marketer (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg PAMarch 30, 2018
Super productive atmosphere. Highly collaborative and you work with some of the best coworkers out there. Everyone at WebpageFX is hired with consideration for their personal values, so you get to work with people that are uplifting, supportive, understand if mistakes are made and work to help you fix them, and all in all super smart and capable. You can learn a lot from them. Management works the same way. They are super motivating, and have always made me feel comfortable and challenged me to bring my best self to work each day. They believe in you to solve problems and let you embrace that growth. It makes me excited to dive into work each day.
Pros
Many Free meals, Free fitness classes, gyms, Lots of interesting events, Flexible work hours, Almost any resource you need to do your job better is provided, Employee Happiness Gifts
Cons
The occasional challenging client.
Amazing Perks. Fast Paced. Fun. Collaborative.
Internet Marketer (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg PAMarch 12, 2018
There are so many perks that come with the job i don't even think i know them all. I'll try to list a few: 1) Great learning environment, with tons of new opportunities. 2) Lots of resources provided to you to learn 3) Every employee has a plan for their career and a path for them. 4) Discounts on things located in the city (Young profressional groups, etc) 5) Budgets for you to spend for your personal happiness 6) Amazing work life balance.
Pros
The Coworkers. Management is amazing. Unbelievable programs for Charity work, Health and Wellness, Ongoing Learning, Sustainability - gifts given to you for reaching milestones in these areas.
Cons
Weight gain from all the delicious food and snack bar.
Company making a real difference - Sustainability & Charity Programs Galore.
Internet Marketer (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg PAMarch 12, 2018
Love the work that I do at the company and find it immensely fulfilling. On top of that the company gives back in a lot of ways, which makes me prouder to be a part of it. Each year we give back to communities all across the world and at this point have built a few schools in 3rd world countries, built water wells and programs for healthy drinking water to communities, helped orphans find homes via Forgotten Voices (a charity organization). The company even provides sustainability competitions across teams and has gone completely solar.
Pros
401k, Pto, Flexible work benefits, Dental, Life, Vision, Discounts on Local programs, Sustainability gift cards and programs. Solar paneled office. Monthly Community volunteer opps.
Cons
Occasional late night
Most Secure & Reliable freelance gig I have ever had.
Freelance Writer (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg PAMarch 11, 2018
If you've worked in freelance a lot you know that most gigs don't last very long. Every couple of weeks you have to go out and find a new gig to fill that income. This job is different, and as soon as I realized that, my freelance world got so much better. I can still have the flexibility of a freelancer and the career i wanted as a writer, but this gig provided the job security and reliability that is lacking from so many freelance jobs. I get to write 40 hours a week (my preference) and they always have new projects for me. I have been doing this for 9 years now too!
Pros
treat freelancers like employees, neverending work for unlimited possibility, reliability, Perks and benefits even for freelancers and contractors.
Cons
Rates are a tiny bit lower if you take work on a project by project basis, I find I still make an above average salary as a writer here when you add it up annually.
One of the best in the business at what they do, so you learn a lot real fast.
Internet Marketer (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMarch 8, 2018
Things move fast here. Every day is a new challenge and if you love to learn and embrace new challenges, you will probably love this job too. Managers were super open and really clear on their expectations. They have some of the most extensive training and learning opportunities I have ever seen at a company which is why they are one of the best in the business.

Like I mentioned above, things move fast, but with it you gain experience even faster.
Pros
Free Ongoing Learning Resources and courses, Learn from the best in the industry, Grow their employees with clear career advancement tracks.
Cons
Love getting up and going to work every day
Web developer (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMarch 8, 2018
I love working here. Everyone takes such good care of each other and there is a real team unity. Our team regularly goes on walks down the river, grabs lunch together, and just plain supports each other. There are a lot of different outlets and getaways whenever you need a quick break.
Amazing opportunity for Creators
Content Marketer (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg PAMarch 8, 2018
There is such a diverse client base at WebpageFX that you are challenged to think creatively across the entire spectrum of client industries and businesses. It's an intense, but highly rewarding environment for people that like to create. Creatives are usually pretty "creative" but you learn a lot of technical skills as well to help maximize your creative talents as well.
Pros
So many resources provided to you and great career growth opps.
Culture that Really Brings the FUN
Internet Marketer (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMarch 7, 2018
Working at WebpageFX has completely changed my life.

The management here is great, and so are my coworkers. I hear so many of my friends talk about their poor managers and jobs, but I can't fathom it. Every day is fun and new, and the culture is so positive. There are team events almost every night of the week so you can build a lot of lifelong friendships as well.
Pros
Peers are awesome. Relaxed management and work culture, tons of employee recognition.
Cons
Company growth is fast, so work can hit some peaks until we adapt to growth. Does create lots of career opportunity, though.
Company has really solid processes which make the work a breeze
Web & Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMarch 6, 2018
I miss the processes and efficiency of this company. Having worked at a few other agencies since, I've realized that their dev and design environments aren't as "processed" out which creates a lot of confusion in pretty time intensive projects like doing a full website redesign.

This company is organized and really has their processes down to a tee, which makes the burden much easier for designers and involves less headache. They do a great job!
Pros
Tons of PTO and work flexibility.
Company & Managers devoted to growing YOU
Online PR Specialist (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMarch 6, 2018
For anyone looking for a job out of school, this is the perfect place. It's a really supportive environment for new grads, with tons of training and educational resources to help you grow. They don't teach a lot of actual skills in college usually, it's mostly theory, so I was a little nervous going into the career world. WebpageFX has a really in-depth training program where they give you lots of hands-on exercises to learn those skills.

Also, the management team is really great. The founders are so friendly and always available, and so is the management team, in my department and all of the others. They really are eager to teach, love when we ask questions, and in general are so supportive of helping us grow. Despite their busyness, you would never know because they are so patient with you.

Amazing place to work for people looking to grow and learn.
Pros
Free food, Gym, Health and Wellness Programs, Tons of Career Opportunities, and new projects to keep things fresh
Cons
Building our own internal tools takes time, but they are perfect
3 time running best place to work in Pennsylvania
Internet Marketer (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMarch 6, 2018
Some of the best perks and culture for a company in Central PA, let alone the entire nation. Not many like it. There aren't many "google's" or "apple's" in the area, but you can tell they are fans of the culture.

Work has super flexible hours so has great work/life balance. Your PTO and WFH perks continue to accrue in a big way the longer you are at the company so that work-life balance gets better each year.

They are passionate about ongoing learning and will do whatever they can to support you in learning.
Pros
Amazing Management, Super Employee Focused Workplace, Tons of recognition for jobs well done, Paid Ongoing Learning
Cons
Literally none.
Best Place to Work in PA for so many reasons!
Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAFebruary 14, 2018
An incredible place to build a career, grow professionally and personally, and learn something new every single day! Internet Marketing is such a dynamic industry to be a part of, and WebpageFX has their finger on the pulse to work hard and provide WOW service to clients, while also playing hard by fostering a familial and learning culture. LOVE the opportunities for ongoing learning, flexible schedule, merit based promotions, health and wellness programs, and commitment to helping the community (both locally and on a global scale). The opportunities are endless here!
Pros
Team-member-centric programs, outstanding benefits, inspiring team!
Cons
The industry evolves quickly, so it challenges us to stay on our toes to keep up! (but that's what makes it fun!)
Super Amazing Place to Work!
Internet Marketer (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJanuary 31, 2018
WebpageFX has been the most amazing employeer. The benefits are crazy, and they keep adding new ones every year.

They were named the best place to work in PA for the a 3rd year in a row. There are 950,000 companies in PA and they were #1 for three years in a row. How many companies can even say that?

What makes WebpageFX so great? The people are amazing, the leadership is caring, and we get to work with great clients.

Also, we get a TON of benefits. Here are a few which I love:

Flex start time, I dont get to work until 10AM every morning. I love having my mornings to myself!

Free coffee and snacks all day long! We have a coffee shop in the building.

The offices are amazing, and located on the river in a historic mansion.

The work is engaging and mentally stimulating.

They have an on-going learning program which entices you to keep learning. You get points for learning which translate into huge benefits. Some members have earned enough points to take a week long vacation to another country. All paid for by WebpageFX.

We have FX Cares which is our non-profit initiative. The company donates money to a non-profit each year and the amount is based on company goals. We then send a few members to see the locations and to learn more about how our donations helped.

We just opened pet desk so you can take your dog to work!

Honestly, I can go on and on about the benefits WebpageFX offers!

There really is not a better place to work!
Pros
Free Coffee, Flex Hours, Awesome Team, and So many benefeits.
Cons
Great company for employees and clients
Web Developer (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJanuary 27, 2018
Just a few of the great things WebpageS offers
- Tons of benefits
- The company is hyper focused on creating a great work environment for employees
- Very talented coworkers
- Strong company values
- Excellent work is done for clients
- The company has a strong "promote from within" culture
- Strong training programs
Pros
Flex perks, excellent benefits, great people & an employee focus
Cons
It can be overwhelming when you first start. There is so much to learn.
Freelance Writers Beware! This is a glorified content mill
Freelance Writer (Former Employee) –  RemoteJanuary 22, 2018
They pay $15 for 500-800 words of spun content. The articles I did write ended up on a blogger's site touting they were a specialized in real estate writing. STAY AWAY!

They even asked me to write a press release without giving me access to any interviews or allowing me to contact anyone to do an interview.

Awful.
Pros
Cons
They DO NOT pay professional rates
Consistent Assignments and Practical, Usable Feedback
Freelance Writer (Current Employee) –  RemoteAugust 9, 2017
Assignments are offered to writers matching topic interests, knowledge and ability. This is done well by the content strategists enabling writers to succeed at their craft.
Great Company, Great People
Online PR Specialist (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAApril 23, 2017
Outstanding coworkers who treat each other as a family. Tons of learning opportunities and new projects to work on. WebpageFX prides itself on a robust training program. There are a lot of programs for employees. The design of the office is inspiring to work in.
Pros
Flextime, First year PTO, wellness program, company transparency
Cons
The kitchen and refrigerator fill up quickly, but a larger kitchen is being built
WebpageFX is a family
Web Designer (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAApril 10, 2017
I'm still in the first year of my career with WebpageFX, but WebpageFX has dramatically improved me as a professional and as a person. The company has many thoughtful programs designed to help you learn and grow. At compaines I worked at in the past, it was almost like that didn't want me to learn anything new. It's a night and day difference at WebpageFX, where everyone is working to keep learning more and improving.
Pros
The ongoing learning program is absolutely amazing!
Cons
I love all the changes and growth opportunities, but the company could be overwhelming if you aren't up for a lot of new challenges
Great Culture!
Jr Marketer (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMarch 27, 2017
Top coworkers and a excellence work an environment. There are an abundance of learning and growth opportunities at the company. WebpageFX is a very positive and supportive work environment.
Pros
Flexible work schedule, profit share, ongoing learning opportunities
Cons
There really are not a whole lot of negatives