Webster Bank Employee Reviews

I guarantee you will quit within 3 months
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 14, 2018
I was employed here the beginning of 2017 and it was a nightmare. It started off pretty okay with the training class I was in although they only give you enough training to get you started. You had to raise a pink flag in the air if you needed help and they always gave you the wrong answers. I was told something wrong to tell a customer and when I took it to management he told me don't worry about it unless it comes back to me and then we'll talk. Unacceptable. Also, this is a very micromanaged position, it will run you ragged.

Cons: Extremely small cubicles with prisoner feel. Dirty cubicles that had the previous rep's coffee splattered all over it. I started leaving my purse in my trunk while I was at work due to rumor of mice and bedbugs. Extremely micromanaged, coaches and managers talked down to you as if you were a stupid child. This place drained me to the point that I called in several times just to go on other interviews and do more job hunting. My soul could not take it anymore, and I'm one of many that felt this way.
Pros
Free coffee and hot chocolate and a free welcome mug, that's literally it.
Cons
Unsanitary call center, micromanaged, low pay, drained my soul, ratchett mgmt and coworkers.
Stressful ever-changing work enviornment...yet fun?
Float Universal Banker (Current Employee) –  Pawtucket, RIAugust 14, 2018
With the right staff, you can be placed in a very friendly work enviornment with even the hardest problems can be solved in a timely manner. The higher up authority, can be very harsh at times, critical of your every gesture. Which can create a very negative space.
Pros
expeses paid
Cons
short breaks non paid "social work events"
educational training
Teller (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CT 06484August 3, 2018
nothing free, education was only minimal unless you were moving up in position, no overtime, barely got 40 hours, pushed to acheive goals that were nearly impossible
Cons
goals
It was a great learning experience
Universal Banker II (Former Employee) –  Branford, CTJuly 23, 2018
Webster Bank has taught me many different skill sets that I use on an every day basis. The customers were great bit the commission was not. The more we were certified in different fields of the industry, the compensation should have matched.
Pros
Customer service
Cons
Pay
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJuly 19, 2018
Lack of Care for Employees.
Sales Driven
Lack of Care for Work/Life Balance
Lack of opportunity for growth
Training program is inconsistent and non effective.
Company was a local bank
Customer Service Rep-Asst Manager (Former Employee) –  Ansonia, CTJune 21, 2018
Company was a local bank based out of Waterbury Ct. I worked at many different locations and enjoyed all employees and customers. I wanted to further my career after many years of working with this company and had moved on.
they are very nice
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Bristol, CTJune 5, 2018
i learn a lot of my working experience for them and they are very kind but they pay not that much the hardest is to be clean the three floors and it is very hard
Pros
they are very nice
Cons
they dont pay a lot
Very friendly work environment
Contact Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 23, 2018
A typical day consists of being on time and answering phones for the majority of the day. Also using the computer to complete requests and send emails.
Great colleagues and great place to work
Senior Banker (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 21, 2018
Fairly new to Webster Bank. Very much different from my previous job. I enjoy my job and my team.
The hardest part of the job is learning new products and systems. Other than that the most enjoyable part of my job is making sure that my customers are 100% satisfied with the service I provide.
Progressive Bank with careful progress to implement new technology.
Senior Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  New Britain, CTMay 20, 2018
Overall a pleasant place to work with many skilled and dedicated employees.
Very careful to consider maintenance of security and conformance to regulatory standards.
Very Competitive place to work
Packer (Former Employee) –  MontgMay 16, 2018
Pay was ok. The job in itself was very stressful due to management. no paid vacations nor sick pay. It wasn't so bad. if management was a little better It would suffice.
Pros
Very flexible
Cons
short breaks, very hot
Good, not great
Associate Portfolio Manager (Former Employee) –  Cheshire, CTMay 11, 2018
The bank itself is like any other modern organization, squeeze as much out of people as possible and give them as little as possible. I was lucky to have a wonderful department manager, who always treated me fairly, and was a joy to work for.
Pros
Reasonable work/life balance.
Cons
Poor compensation
Fun place to work
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 6, 2018
Work comes in through email, learned to process files, management is supportive, workplace culture is casual, the hardest part of the job is running repost, the most enjoyable part of the job is going everyday.
Good
Universal Banker (Current Employee) –  Southington, CTMay 2, 2018
Webster Bank is a very good place to work. There is a great balance of work and personal life. The flexibility is great for the workplace. I am constantly learning new task and new ideas.
Relaxed Corporate America
Loan Servicing Specialist (Current Employee) –  New Britain, CTApril 26, 2018
Great company to work for. The benefits are great and there is a huge diversity on job types. Plenty of training and career resources to help you grow.
Pros
benefits, growth opportunities
Cons
barely any raises
I loved the people I worked with.
Universal Banker (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTApril 17, 2018
Working at Webster is like a family. Everyone knows each other. It just was not corporate, still a small bank with little advancement. It is a great place to get your feet wet in the banking industry.
Pros
People
Cons
Advancement
Small back turning corporate
Universal Banker (Former Employee) –  Needham, MAApril 16, 2018
First start everything was great. New upper management comes in and it starts to turn is culture into like other Banks. Being more like telemarketing company then being a people bank
Cons
Short to no lunch breaks
stress
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAApril 3, 2018
this company is a high paced fast moving company. You have to make cold calls all day. They push the sales and customer service. This bank is more concerned with high dollar account than the every day working class people.
great Banking Experience
Sr. Learning & Development Splst (Current Employee) –  Southington, CTMarch 30, 2018
A Great bank if you are looking for building relationships. I have found this institution to stand out in comparison to other institutions like this. Great Place
Too many changes with not enough support.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  New EnglandMarch 21, 2018
While banking is currently in an evolving state, too much sales pressure will only alienate customers away. This pressure also creates a revolving door of employment as many individuals do not want to stay due to the sales culture.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Webster Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.6

2.2Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight