Webster Bank Employee Reviews

A good companay
SENIOR PORTFOLIO ANALYST, ASSET -BASED OPERATIONS (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 26, 2018
Management is great
Room for advancement
Annual bonus in some departments
The pay is average
Paid overtime
Management is flexible and reasonable
Teamwork is appreciated
Pros
Management is great
Cons
N/a
Great Work Places
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTNovember 7, 2018
A side of all the phones going of and for it being a call center, I felt that the environment was at a good paces and everyone was caring as well as friendly and supportive towards one another.
Nightmare
Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Southington CTOctober 26, 2018
Worked for this company for a number of years. Finally decided to leave willingly after many unjust things happened with in the Call Center. This was not a career option for me, it made my live very tense and uncomfortable. I realized that a job should never make you feel that stressed and overwhelmed.
Pros
Pay/Compensation
Cons
Poor practice
Strong Culture w/excellent leadership
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  CTOctober 25, 2018
Top of the house leadership at Webster Bank is amazing. The company has only had 3 CEOs over the past 80 years, which would be amazing alone, but to have only 3 and each of them be high quality is awesome.

The company has a vision and it starts at the top and resonates through the bank.

Great place to work, great people!
Pros
Great people
Cons
no onsite gym :)
It's a bank.
Universal Banker (Former Employee) –  Madison, CTOctober 25, 2018
A typical day at Webster is no different that any other bank. Get to work, make sales calls, service clients, go home. Upper management was good and tried to constantly improve products and services but the focus has started to shift towards sales.
Pros
healthy understanding that nothing is perfect
Cons
low pay comparatively to other banks
Webster Bank
Branch Employee (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutOctober 22, 2018
This company has turned its bank on the founding principles of customer first. The company has since adopted the "Wells Fargo" model and aggressively pushes sales on both the consumer and business side. Sales has become the number one driving surpassing customer service. Management creates an environment of fear where the employee is threatened if they do not achieve their numbers. Employees are sometimes required to attend 3 to 4 conference calls daily to discuss "progress" on achieving sales goals.

The back office is hostile and frequently is at odds with you on completing certain tasks.

Overall I would not recommend this company to work for.
Pros
Supports the community and encourages volunteerism.
Cons
environment of fear if you do not achieve certain goals. Hostile back office, clueless senior management, unclear bonus structure
Such a Horrible place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 12, 2018
Webster bank does not care about their employees or customers it’s all about the sales. They try and push you to sell everything from credit cards to home loans to the point that clients start to get upset. Just horrible!
Pros
When I left the company
ok
Assistant Branch Manager, Officer (Former Employee) –  Cheshire, CTSeptember 26, 2018
Good Community bank to work for, cares for their employees as well as their customers. I would highly recommend banking with Webster. I wish that Webster's footprints were here in NC.
Very Productive learning Enviroment. Good Atmosphere to work in.
Personal Banker Platform (Former Employee) –  Newington, CTSeptember 25, 2018
My review of Webster good place to work an great reliable employment, good relaxed atmosphere and room to learn and grow. Great consumers to work with always helpful to know products.
Fantastic Banking Center Management team!
Universal Banker (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsSeptember 23, 2018
My team is fantastic never had any issues. Market managers are supportive and approachable. Webster as a whole has a great training program to prepare employees, awesome benefits, and room for advancement. The only downside is the location of the office being in an area with a high drug use and lack of education which results in unpleasant interactions. The bank also has a network of rather sparsely placed branches that creates issues with some office being understaffed and constantly busy while others are overstaffed and empty.
Pros
Great Colleagues, Awesome Benefits, Decent Pay
Cons
Location of Office, Sudden Changes in Products, Long hours, lack of technology to support bankers

Want to know more about Webster Bank?

Ask a question
great place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTSeptember 9, 2018
great place to work. Being New Englands bank there was not much room to grow or relocate outside of new england. people are friendly and the CEO is very approachable.
Company moto is that the managers are there to serve you and the customers
Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 5, 2018
HSA Bank under Webster is a good place to work, they truly believe in improving your skills. They offer various classes, from excel to communication. The pay is very low compared to the type of work and amount of work they require of you. They believe in promoting from within, and hiring family and friends. Overall this is a good company, but they undergo many changes so you must be flexible.
Pros
Small company environment, nicest people
Cons
Must be flexible to fully commit yourself to any changes i.e. shifts
Growth
Senior Universal Banker (Current Employee) –  Taunton, MASeptember 4, 2018
I have grown a lot within my time here at Webster.
I started as a customer service rep and I am now a senior universal banker, in which during my day I monitor the tellers and help them with there day to day duties and coaching them to their sales goals.
Each day there is a new problem to solve and I love that about my job. There are days when I am the only part of the leadership team in the banking center.
I am passionate about my job and helping others grow as I continue to strengthen myself within my position
Great department and work atmosphere
Commercial R&R Workout Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Southington, CTAugust 27, 2018
Thoroughly enjoyed my day to day functions as the department workout coordinator. I was able to apply my diverse background to the position which allowed me to better serve the department.

I also thoroughly enjoyed working with the VP's and the SVP's.
Decent
Universal Banker (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CTAugust 26, 2018
Pros and cons, when I first started with Webster it was totally different then it is now. It depends on your office and manager on how work goes or not
I guarantee you will quit within 3 months
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 14, 2018
I was employed here the beginning of 2017 and it was a nightmare. It started off pretty okay with the training class I was in although they only give you enough training to get you started. You had to raise a pink flag in the air if you needed help and they always gave you the wrong answers. I was told something wrong to tell a customer and when I took it to management he told me don't worry about it unless it comes back to me and then we'll talk. Unacceptable. Also, this is a very micromanaged position, it will run you ragged.

Cons: Extremely small cubicles with prisoner feel. Dirty cubicles that had the previous rep's coffee splattered all over it. I started leaving my purse in my trunk while I was at work due to rumor of mice and bedbugs. Extremely micromanaged, coaches and managers talked down to you as if you were a stupid child. This place drained me to the point that I called in several times just to go on other interviews and do more job hunting. My soul could not take it anymore, and I'm one of many that felt this way.
Pros
Free coffee and hot chocolate and a free welcome mug, that's literally it.
Cons
Unsanitary call center, micromanaged, low pay, drained my soul, ratchett mgmt and coworkers.
Stressful ever-changing work enviornment...yet fun?
Float Universal Banker (Current Employee) –  Pawtucket, RIAugust 14, 2018
With the right staff, you can be placed in a very friendly work enviornment with even the hardest problems can be solved in a timely manner. The higher up authority, can be very harsh at times, critical of your every gesture. Which can create a very negative space.
Pros
expeses paid
Cons
short breaks non paid "social work events"
High sales, quick pace and learning environment.
Associate Universal Banker (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTAugust 6, 2018
A regular day at Webster is assisting customers with transactions and accounts/loans etc. Everyday you learn something new, whether it be products, procedure or finance related. Management is very reliable and knowledgeable when it comes to needing help with a customer or difficult task.The hardest part of the job would be sales. Throughout the day every branch updates their sales and competes between other Webster Banks in the market. The most enjoyable part of the job is connecting with different employees within the company and attending training classes.
Pros
Training seminars
Cons
Sales focused
educational training
Teller (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CT 06484August 3, 2018
nothing free, education was only minimal unless you were moving up in position, no overtime, barely got 40 hours, pushed to acheive goals that were nearly impossible
Cons
goals
It was a great learning experience
Universal Banker II (Former Employee) –  Branford, CTJuly 23, 2018
Webster Bank has taught me many different skill sets that I use on an every day basis. The customers were great bit the commission was not. The more we were certified in different fields of the industry, the compensation should have matched.
Pros
Customer service
Cons
Pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Webster Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight