Webster Bank Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work.
CALL CENTER REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIFebruary 15, 2019
Excellent management that listens and makes changes when necessary. You are heard by management and supported. Advancement is a real opportunity and management is will to help with this goal.
Wholesome Company
Loan Servicing Specialist (Current Employee) –  New Britain, CTFebruary 1, 2019
Webster Bank truly cares about the company, employees and communities and it shows. The benefits are great. Bonuses may need some reviewing but compensation is average. They love to promote from within.
Pros
Benefits, good hearted, promotes from within
Cons
bonuses
Good place to work at..
Sarbanes Oxley Consultant (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTJanuary 18, 2019
Good place to work at Webster bank, with professional coworkers, but since we had to relocate to Northern Virginia I had to let go. However, looking forward to work with them in the future..
Great company
Universal Banker (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MAJanuary 15, 2019
worked at Webster Bank as an Associate Universal Banker. loved my job and learned a lot and they trained me well. handled all banking transactions with Accuracy.
Very Stressful
Call Center Representative II (Current Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIJanuary 10, 2019
30 seconds between calls.
Managers listen in to your calls.
Very strict policy for breaks and lunch.
During heavy volume time mandatory overtime is required.
Pros
Nice people to work with
Cons
very high turn over rate
working for Webster
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTJanuary 9, 2019
on a typical day at Webster i can always be counted to be on time. i gave my all to my job and worked well with all my co workers and the clients. i formed a family with a lot of the clients
Mid Size bank
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTNovember 30, 2018
This is a fun bank to work at. Not too challenging of a job. Alot of their products and mindset are stuck in the past. Its a good middle of road bank. You will not earn alot there.
A good companay
SENIOR PORTFOLIO ANALYST, ASSET -BASED OPERATIONS (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 26, 2018
Management is great
Room for advancement
Annual bonus in some departments
The pay is average
Paid overtime
Management is flexible and reasonable
Teamwork is appreciated
Pros
Management is great
Cons
N/a
Great Work Places
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTNovember 7, 2018
A side of all the phones going of and for it being a call center, I felt that the environment was at a good paces and everyone was caring as well as friendly and supportive towards one another.
Nightmare
Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Southington CTOctober 26, 2018
Worked for this company for a number of years. Finally decided to leave willingly after many unjust things happened with in the Call Center. This was not a career option for me, it made my live very tense and uncomfortable. I realized that a job should never make you feel that stressed and overwhelmed.
Pros
Pay/Compensation
Cons
Poor practice
Strong Culture w/excellent leadership
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  CTOctober 25, 2018
Top of the house leadership at Webster Bank is amazing. The company has only had 3 CEOs over the past 80 years, which would be amazing alone, but to have only 3 and each of them be high quality is awesome.

The company has a vision and it starts at the top and resonates through the bank.

Great place to work, great people!
Pros
Great people
Cons
no onsite gym :)
It's a bank.
Universal Banker (Former Employee) –  Madison, CTOctober 25, 2018
A typical day at Webster is no different that any other bank. Get to work, make sales calls, service clients, go home. Upper management was good and tried to constantly improve products and services but the focus has started to shift towards sales.
Pros
healthy understanding that nothing is perfect
Cons
low pay comparatively to other banks
Webster Bank
Branch Employee (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutOctober 22, 2018
This company has turned its bank on the founding principles of customer first. The company has since adopted the "Wells Fargo" model and aggressively pushes sales on both the consumer and business side. Sales has become the number one driving surpassing customer service. Management creates an environment of fear where the employee is threatened if they do not achieve their numbers. Employees are sometimes required to attend 3 to 4 conference calls daily to discuss "progress" on achieving sales goals.

The back office is hostile and frequently is at odds with you on completing certain tasks.

Overall I would not recommend this company to work for.
Pros
Supports the community and encourages volunteerism.
Cons
environment of fear if you do not achieve certain goals. Hostile back office, clueless senior management, unclear bonus structure
Such a Horrible place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 12, 2018
Webster bank does not care about their employees or customers it’s all about the sales. They try and push you to sell everything from credit cards to home loans to the point that clients start to get upset. Just horrible!
Pros
When I left the company
ok
Assistant Branch Manager, Officer (Former Employee) –  Cheshire, CTSeptember 26, 2018
Good Community bank to work for, cares for their employees as well as their customers. I would highly recommend banking with Webster. I wish that Webster's footprints were here in NC.
Very Productive learning Enviroment. Good Atmosphere to work in.
Personal Banker Platform (Former Employee) –  Newington, CTSeptember 25, 2018
My review of Webster good place to work an great reliable employment, good relaxed atmosphere and room to learn and grow. Great consumers to work with always helpful to know products.
Fantastic Banking Center Management team!
Universal Banker (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsSeptember 23, 2018
My team is fantastic never had any issues. Market managers are supportive and approachable. Webster as a whole has a great training program to prepare employees, awesome benefits, and room for advancement. The only downside is the location of the office being in an area with a high drug use and lack of education which results in unpleasant interactions. The bank also has a network of rather sparsely placed branches that creates issues with some office being understaffed and constantly busy while others are overstaffed and empty.
Pros
Great Colleagues, Awesome Benefits, Decent Pay
Cons
Location of Office, Sudden Changes in Products, Long hours, lack of technology to support bankers
great place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTSeptember 9, 2018
great place to work. Being New Englands bank there was not much room to grow or relocate outside of new england. people are friendly and the CEO is very approachable.
Company moto is that the managers are there to serve you and the customers
Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 5, 2018
HSA Bank under Webster is a good place to work, they truly believe in improving your skills. They offer various classes, from excel to communication. The pay is very low compared to the type of work and amount of work they require of you. They believe in promoting from within, and hiring family and friends. Overall this is a good company, but they undergo many changes so you must be flexible.
Pros
Small company environment, nicest people
Cons
Must be flexible to fully commit yourself to any changes i.e. shifts
Growth
Senior Universal Banker (Current Employee) –  Taunton, MASeptember 4, 2018
I have grown a lot within my time here at Webster.
I started as a customer service rep and I am now a senior universal banker, in which during my day I monitor the tellers and help them with there day to day duties and coaching them to their sales goals.
Each day there is a new problem to solve and I love that about my job. There are days when I am the only part of the leadership team in the banking center.
I am passionate about my job and helping others grow as I continue to strengthen myself within my position

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Webster Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight