WEC Energy Group Employee Reviews

Micromanaged, supervisor in a position she wasn't qua!ified to be in.
Instructional Designer/Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 17, 2019
She was more interested in walking out the door for retirement. She wasn't a good manager and when someone on the team needed help getting into to complete their job, they/we were told that is just how it is. Good pay but lousy manager. I was confronted with a lie and tried to defend myself and I was told I lied!!!
Mail Sorter (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 5, 2019
WEC Energy is a productive company that care about their employees. They are located in downtown Milwaukee and that makes for a quick commute to the job.
WEC energy
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 22, 2019
I would not wish to provide a review of my current experience with WEC energy group. I work for the company for 7 years , Great job just the management process.
Pros
40+ hours week, Pto
Cons
Management, Roles Giving but Taking Away for No Reason
No review summary at this time.
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT, VP of Supplier Diversity (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 7, 2019
Being an Executive Assistant in the area of Supplier Diversity is a rewarding experience. For instance, my role allowed me the opportunity to support and represent WEC Energy Group at several different trade fairs, company symposiums and the like. These opportunities afforded me the chance to meet and interact with all people from diverse backgrounds. Allowing me exposure to different levels of management in corporate America.
Temp Assignment
Consultant - Content Developer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 12, 2018
I was hired for a specific project. No job security. I was managed on a daily basis with a check-in call run by my boss.

The people were nice. I did hear some rumbling that they fired a bunch of people and rehired them as contractors. That's not nice.
Pros
Reasonable autonomy through out the work day.
Cons
No benefits, other than the hourly wage.
Fun place to work
Gas Confirmation Specialist (Former Employee) –  DePere, WINovember 12, 2018
Enjoyable company to work for. Employee friendly. Supportive management and supportive coworkers. Very detail oriented position that sometimes could be stressful.
Inconsistent and mediocre at best.
Inbound Customer Consultant (Bilingual) (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 23, 2018
This place is a joke, they offer things they never deliver and because they are under the Illinois Utility gas workers union the ability for career advancements are scarce. First they make you sign a two year contract with the call center so even if you wanted to move up in the company you'd first have to wait 2 years and because its seniority based your performance metrics don't mean anything if you are at the end of that list. The company moral is low and the management team has no clue what they are doing 75% of the time. They take advantage of the fact that they are a indispensable utility and because their services are necessary they do what they want and are only in business of money the customers are just milking cows.
Pros
The location and building amenities are the only plus side.
Cons
Micromannaging, short breaks, poor management, inconsistency, no room for advancement.
Used to enjoy working here
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  People's gasMarch 26, 2018
Used to be a nice place to work not anymore mismanaged and very incompetent managers. Friends and family now, just know someone and you're hired. No experience required.
Pros
Liveable wage
Cons
Inexperienced management
In general, a place of up's and down's.
Customer Service and Operations (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 26, 2018
If you stay, you can make good money and have job security until retirement. In many ways it really is a great job, but if you want to grow, learn, and advance (not just as an individual, but as a company) it may not be the best place.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Inefficiency
Support
Device Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 18, 2018
• Preparing, supporting, and maintaining desktop and laptop hardware printers and other devices
• Providing ticket and event support with desktop software, user accounts, network, and peripheral issues
• Configuring new user workstation equipment set (PC, desktop image, peripherals, software and user accounts)
• Customer service
Overall a great place to work
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 27, 2018
My boss was great the hours were convenien.t my location was perfect . Overall great stable company to work for. Good pay good benefits good salary. Well balanced work place
Pros
Hours and overtime
Cons
Not in my current career goal
Company direction is changing
Sr. IT Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 15, 2017
The hardest part of the job is that I used to love working on projects and challenges they bring as working with the clients to get a working process while having to meet with 3rd party venders to get the product implemented. But the company has changed so now I open up a work request, read the details and then code what is needed. This is no longer what I love to do.
Extremely sexist.
Meter Shop, Construction Inspector, H&S Advisor (Former Employee) –  Entire company.May 8, 2017
Myself and other women and people of color were openly harassed, threatened and singled out...and still are per friends who still work there that are white male.
Pros
Had my degree partially pad for.
Cons
Horribly sexist and also racism for people of color and homophobic.
Success organization; co-workers are great
Senior Risk & Controls Consultant/Auditor (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMarch 20, 2017
At times challenging organization to work for (especially since acquisition); however, co-workers are fun and help when challenging issues arise. The organization does not permit flexible work arrangments.
No Advancement
GIS Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 19, 2017
I was working at People's Gas in Chicago. High executives have been driving this company into the ground for decades. The company moves at a snail's pace.
Cons
Everyone there is lazy
good work environment
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 23, 2017
good people in my group
work environment was comfortable
worked on projects and business questions
used mainframe with cobol, jcl, sql db2
participating in all stages of the project from analysis, coding, testing and inplementation
My Review
Customer Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 14, 2017
This location is still under development and is extremely unorganized. I would recommend waiting another 2-3 years before applying to work here.
Friendly Environment
Business analyst (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 2, 2015
Having recently acquired Integrys Energy Group, there are still changes being made throughout the whole company. Alas, such is the case with all acquisitions.

I have learned a lot about gas distribution and fleet services / supply chain systems. I care about my coworkers, and they treat me like one of their own (despite me being relatively new).

I can't think of anything outright negative to say, it's an office job and there's good benefits!
Focused on efficiency and reliability
Intern (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIOctober 29, 2015
The WEC Energy Group is focused on efficiency and reliability in providing energy to their service area. They are eager for individuals to gain expertise in their areas of work and interest.
Have lots of pot lunches.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rothschild, WIAugust 18, 2015
This is only a temp position and would like full time permanent, working days Monday thru Friday.

lots of meetings, management is fair, co workers are good, hardest part of job is taking meeting minutes, and the most enjoyable part of the job is that you are busy and work hard.
Pros
Can work overtime.
Cons
not permanent position

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WEC Energy Group. Our community is ready to answer.