WEC Energy Group Employee Reviews

Used to enjoy working here
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  People's gasMarch 26, 2018
Used to be a nice place to work not anymore mismanaged and very incompetent managers. Friends and family now, just know someone and you're hired. No experience required.
Pros
Liveable wage
Cons
Inexperienced management
Support
Device Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 18, 2018
• Preparing, supporting, and maintaining desktop and laptop hardware printers and other devices
• Providing ticket and event support with desktop software, user accounts, network, and peripheral issues
• Configuring new user workstation equipment set (PC, desktop image, peripherals, software and user accounts)
• Customer service
Overall a great place to work
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 27, 2018
My boss was great the hours were convenien.t my location was perfect . Overall great stable company to work for. Good pay good benefits good salary. Well balanced work place
Pros
Hours and overtime
Cons
Not in my current career goal
Company direction is changing
Sr. IT Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 15, 2017
The hardest part of the job is that I used to love working on projects and challenges they bring as working with the clients to get a working process while having to meet with 3rd party venders to get the product implemented. But the company has changed so now I open up a work request, read the details and then code what is needed. This is no longer what I love to do.
Extremely sexist.
Meter Shop, Construction Inspector, H&S Advisor (Former Employee) –  Entire company.May 8, 2017
Myself and other women and people of color were openly harassed, threatened and singled out...and still are per friends who still work there that are white male.
Pros
Had my degree partially pad for.
Cons
Horribly sexist and also racism for people of color and homophobic.
Success organization; co-workers are great
Senior Risk & Controls Consultant/Auditor (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMarch 20, 2017
At times challenging organization to work for (especially since acquisition); however, co-workers are fun and help when challenging issues arise. The organization does not permit flexible work arrangments.
No Advancement
GIS Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 19, 2017
I was working at People's Gas in Chicago. High executives have been driving this company into the ground for decades. The company moves at a snail's pace.
Cons
Everyone there is lazy
good work environment
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 23, 2017
good people in my group
work environment was comfortable
worked on projects and business questions
used mainframe with cobol, jcl, sql db2
participating in all stages of the project from analysis, coding, testing and inplementation
My Review
Customer Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 14, 2017
This location is still under development and is extremely unorganized. I would recommend waiting another 2-3 years before applying to work here.
Friendly Environment
Business analyst (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 2, 2015
Having recently acquired Integrys Energy Group, there are still changes being made throughout the whole company. Alas, such is the case with all acquisitions.

I have learned a lot about gas distribution and fleet services / supply chain systems. I care about my coworkers, and they treat me like one of their own (despite me being relatively new).

I can't think of anything outright negative to say, it's an office job and there's good benefits!

Want to know more about WEC Energy Group?

Ask a question
Focused on efficiency and reliability
Intern (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIOctober 29, 2015
The WEC Energy Group is focused on efficiency and reliability in providing energy to their service area. They are eager for individuals to gain expertise in their areas of work and interest.
Have lots of pot lunches.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rothschild, WIAugust 18, 2015
This is only a temp position and would like full time permanent, working days Monday thru Friday.

lots of meetings, management is fair, co workers are good, hardest part of job is taking meeting minutes, and the most enjoyable part of the job is that you are busy and work hard.
Pros
Can work overtime.
Cons
not permanent position
Striving to be a better reprentative
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  CHARLOTTE NCJuly 18, 2015
A typical day at work is not knowing what to expect from the customer. I learn on a daily basis how to deal with certain customers. I get along well with my co workers and management. Making sure at the end of the call the customer is somewhat satisfied.The most enjoyable part of the day is when I have a happy customer leaving the phone line.
Good Benefits
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 16, 2015
I enjoyed the volunteer events in the various communities in reference to LIHEAP and other low income hardship. Overtime available if needed.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Strict on attendance
A small IT department with many seasoned individuals
Sr. Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJuly 15, 2015
The team I worked with was quite professional but at the time there were a number of key staff turn-overs that left the programme development and support struggling with the workload. My tenure was short as I disliked the commute from Houston to Green Bay where the company was headquartered.
Pros
good benefits including stock purchase
Very productive place of business
Senior Emergency customer service agent (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 9, 2015
I learned how to carry many things at once. The managers are very understanding and caring. It can get very busy on the weekends.
Pros
Fun people
Cons
short staffed
A great place to work learn and grow
IT support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago IlJune 23, 2015
I enjoyed my time at Integrys,I worked at the IT helpdesk doing IT support for in house and field workers. There was never a boring minute and the team I was with I will miss very much.
Teg
Manager, Competitive Excellence (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 18, 2015
I learned a lot at Integrys Energy Group and was given many opportunities to advance my career. Depending on what department you work in, there was more flexibility than others, which for me, is a important benefit.
Motivational atmosphere
Customer Service Associate II (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 3, 2015
I really like my job. Over time it became repetitive and you want something more than just the money. I appreciate the experience and has learned a lot.
Pros
Free lunch
Great People
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHMarch 2, 2015
Great place to work, awesome people. New Ideas are encouraged. No room to grow from remote offices. Management seems a bit heavy in the middle.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WEC Energy Group. Our community is ready to answer.