WeConnect Employee Reviews

you get out what you put in
Home Entertainment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ionia, MIMay 24, 2019
a good job for a single guy. great money but you get out what you put in. long hours in the summer low in the winter. decent with family. great team leaders
Pros
bonuses
Cons
no time for family
When it was AEI
Call Center Agent/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Seymour, WIApril 20, 2019
Upper management based everything on who u knew rather than performance. Thankfully the company is no longer ran that way. (I assume)
AEI was a great concept, just wrong management skills
May 6, 2019

Thank you for your review. Like many companies, we have learned from our past. WeConnect is not just a different company from AEI by name. We are also a different company based on culture, philosophy, and attitude.

Stressful enviroment, lack of communication between offices/managers
Satellite Installation Technician (Current Employee) –  Byron Center, MIMarch 19, 2019
I have worked with We connect for going on 4 years. I was ready to leave within the first six months. Main reason I haven't is the pay. I hate the work but the pay is good. I went in knowing what needed to happen or how to keep the job. This job asks so much with very little reward. During the winter you never know if you will work but you can create your own work, either by referring someone to dish/Hughes. But it's still no guarantee. They say we have the tools to do specific job which most they do but it's the ones they don't that really mess your entire day up leaving you out late. My longest day working I started at 6am worked till 1am the next day. I'm quite experienced in what goes on with the company and I can tell you it's not worth it.
Pros
Take van home. Company pays gas. Very little time having someone look over shoulder
Cons
Use your phone to contact customers, Stressful not knowing when you might get home, Poor management, Communication is very poor between management.
March 27, 2019

We appreciate you taking the time to write this review and we are sorry to hear that you are not feeling rewarded. Recently our leadership team met and discussed many exciting new programs that we are implementing for employees including a 401(k) matching program. We understand that the nature of our business is customer oriented which requires our employees in the field to work some non-traditional hours and sometimes it is difficult to determine end times or judge seasonal demand. However, we have recently updated our routing and scheduling to have our Home Entertainment Specialists working a 5-day work week with weekend work still being required for most employees. Also, WeConnect values the importance of family and we have done more in recent months to help employees have a better work-life balance by scheduling employees on a 5 day work week and hosting company events such as employee appreciation days and family fun days.

Challenging Yet Rewarding
Leadership Team Member (Current Employee) –  Green BayMarch 1, 2019
Working at WeConnect has been a personal journey, and has given me skills and experiences that I don't think I could have received anywhere else. The core of what WeConnect does stays constant, but because desire to be always be better, and the customers/industry continue to evolve, everyone has to stay on their toes and bring their best each day. It is exciting and challenging, especially for someone who can take an objective and a goal, and run with it, without being micromanaged.

It is less about what you know and more about what you can accomplish. This meant the world to me.
Pros
Working independent but still knowing I am part of a really great team
Break free of the nine-to-five drudgery and come work for WeConnect
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Chippewa Falls, WIFebruary 8, 2019
I have come to believe, through experience, that the quality of any business is inexorably linked to the quality of its management. It isn’t enough to be ambitious or hard-working. Good management also needs to be able to create a productive working atmosphere without the use of undue intimidation, to be able to nurture an environment that feels safe and welcoming, and to build a feeling of community that inspires creativity and productivity.

I have felt and experienced that the management team at WeConnect fulfills all the above requirements; and the result for me has been enjoying the most satisfying work that I’ve ever been paid for.

At WeConnect, you are not just another cog in the machine, so to speak. You get the feeling that you are part of a family and receive contentment in knowing that your contributions matter and are acknowledged. Other jobs may set basic parameters for the required duties of the position and then be annoyed or view you as insubordinate for attempting to voice a suggestion or different viewpoint. That is not the case with WeConnect. Creative solutions are valued and individual achievement is recognized.

While you do enjoy the benefits of collaboration within the company, on a daily and practical level you need to be self-motivated and self-accountable. This holds true whether you are a Home Entertainment Specialist, work in a warehouse setting, or are involved with management. Truthfully, that aspect of the job appeals to me the most: working at your own productive pace without someone “breathing down your neck,” as the expression
  more... goes. Furthermore, once you establish a track record of quality work done efficiently, you have the opportunity to move into other positions within the company (sometimes in other states) or otherwise be entrusted with more responsibility.  less
Pros
Satisfying work, encouraging management, family oriented and a lot of freedom and independence.
Cons
Sometimes the work is hard or the days get long, but what I do is rewarding and the job is fun.
Poor
Satellite Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Byron Center, MIJanuary 29, 2019
Wake up early for no reason most of the time. Jobs would be taken away than get jobs an hour away from current job and then maybe hour and a half away from your house. I was told i would be working within a 60 mile radius from my house. Later i found out it was 70. They were very very technical on the most little things. They expect you to stay above a $15 per job when it comes to selling.
February 5, 2019

We appreciate your feedback and we understand that traveling is a major aspect of this position. Our goal at WeConnect is to provide award-winning, best in class technology solution to our customers wherever they are at. With that being said, we understand that customers may live over an hour away from us and most of our employees are traveling within a 1-2 hour radius of where they live, but that is the major reason that the company provides a vehicle with gas, maintenance, etc.

Sales as a requirement have also been another issue that has been brought to our attention from multiple current and past employees. In the nature of our work, our company is held to a standard for meeting metrics, including sales and it is an expectation for our employees to offer Smart Home Services on every job. Even though this is an added requirement of the job, we have created paid incentive programs and various bonus structures to motivate employees to meet if not exceed these metrics. We have also begun a Sales Science course to help employees in the field have the resources and skills that they need to be successful in this aspect of the position.

Avoid this company and avoid the Aurora Wi office. It’s ran by the worst manager I’ve ever had the displeasure of meeting.
Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJanuary 26, 2019
AVOID! they slick talk you in and it’s nothing that’s promised. I worked for the company for just over a year. The trainers in green bay were awesome but the rest of the company was terrible. Underpaid and extremely under appreciated.
Pros
Work van comes home with you
Cons
Everything else. Don’t get to clock in until your first stop which could be hours from your home.
February 5, 2019

First and foremost, we would like to apologize that your experience at WeConnect may not have been what you expected, but we have done a lot over the past year or so to redefine our onboarding process and update all information that we share with potential candidates to make sure that we are not providing any sort of false information or creating a situation for misunderstanding. In addition, we encourage all applicants to ask questions along the way and we encourages all employees who witness any issues or concerns in the field to contact our Human Resources department or their manager at the time of the incident so the proper course of action can be taken.

We are happy to hear that you had a positive experience with the Training Department in Green Bay and we understand that being able to take a company vehicle home is a definite perk of this position. As far as scheduling and pay goes we have we have begun giving Home Entertainment Specialists the option to be paid an hourly rate or a unit rate (paid per job completed) and with both options, employees will continue to be compensated for time worked over 40 hours in a work week. Twice a year our company will offer an enrollment option where the Home Entertainment Specialists will have the opportunity to continue being paid their hourly rate or switch over to a unit pay system. This enrollment will continue on a bi-annual basis and Home Entertainment Specialists will have the option to switch between the two different payment methods during the scheduled enrollment periods. Prior to the enrollment period, management will be  more... conducting performance evaluations which can warrant a merit-based pay increase and our base wages were determined by current market information. Additionally, we offer many incentives for to earn additional money through performance bonuses, working out of market, upselling items, referring employees and customers, etc. Truly, if one is willing to put in the work, they will be compensated greatly for it.

Additionally, we also have done a lot in recent months to promote high performing individuals in the company and recognize the hard work of our employees in all of their positions. We have company newsletters, awards, incentives, the A-Team, etc. Working together is one of the four values of this company and we makes sure that from the top down we are all working together to make this a better place to work. We also want to recognize all those within the company who are all in and rolling up their sleeves to drive future success at WeConnect.

Different place each day
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJanuary 23, 2019
This is a job where you worked at your own pace. The only thing that was hard is making time for family is that you did not know what time you would be able to be done with your day. You had to travel in inclement weather as well which put yourself at danger each and every day.
February 5, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about WeConnect. We understand that the nature of our business is customer oriented which requires our employees in the field to work some nontraditional hours and sometimes it is difficult to determine end times, but we always strive to have employees end their day at a reasonable time. At WeConnect we value the importance of family and we have done more in recent months to help employees have a better work life balance by scheduling employees on a 5 day work week and hosting company events such as employee appreciation days and family fun days.
In terms of your comment about putting yourself in danger, we would like to remind current and prospective employees that WeConnect encourages all employees who witness any issues or concerns in the field, especially those pertaining to safety, to contact our Human Resources department or their manager at the time of the incident so the proper course of action can be taken. We would never want to put someone in a situation where they could be in danger of getting hurt and we supply all of our employees with many safety tools and resources if a situation appears to be unsafe. As a further example of our concern for our employee’s safety, we even closed our field operations on the recent days of extreme cold. Safety at WeConnect is and always will continue to be a top priority for us.

If you like stress and backbiting this is your place
Manager (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJanuary 9, 2019
I worked with the company before and after the merger in 2015. What started out as a great opportunity soon got overshadowed by the constant bickering among department heads and lack of professionalism both during the day and at events by the executives of the company. If you are friends with anyone in management you are very well taken care of, while the people actually doing the work are passed over for even basic yearly raises.
Pros
regular paycheck
Cons
atmosphere and morale
January 21, 2019

All levels of management are challenged everyday to figure out what we can do to make WeConnect a better place to work. We understand that companies have their own challenges and we are willing to accept that we as a company have areas for improvement. However, we take comments regarding favoritism very seriously and we encourage all employees of the company to contact our Human Resources Department with any issues like this immediately so the proper course of action can be made. We also have done a lot in recent months to promote high performing individuals in the company through newsletters, awards, incentives, etc. Working together is one of the four values of this company and we makes sure that from the top down we are all working together to drive future success at WeConnect.

Terrible company
Technician (Former Employee) –  Chippewa Falls, WIDecember 22, 2018
Customer determines your pay via surveys, 1 bad survey out of a month of good and you're at the lowest tier pay for the month. Routing must be done by a blind man, they will send you 3 hours away and take Tech's from 3 hours away and send them to your town. Sales is all that matters, you'll hear it every time someone opens their mouth, you aren't a tech, you're a salesman. I had years of experience and could only tolerate a few months at this place. Oh and they'll tell you you can make $60000 a year or more but they won't tell you the guys making that are working 6 days a week.
Pros
Company vehicle
Cons
To many
January 21, 2019

WeConnect has begun giving Home Entertainment Specialists the option to be paid an hourly rate or a unit rate (paid per job completed). With both options, employees will continue to be compensated for time worked over 40 hours in a work week. If someone chose to be paid hourly, their pay would no longer be reflective of customer reviews or meeting metrics, however, we would hold all employees to the same performance stands regardless of their pay selection. Additionally, choosing to be paid per unit could provide an unlimited earning potential after considering the performance bonuses and additional incentives for those who are willing to put in the work and perform at a high level.

In terms of our hours and routing, we understand that the nature of our business is customer oriented which requires our employees in the field to work some nontraditional hours and sometimes it is difficult to determine end times, but we always strive to have employees end their day at a reasonable time. As a result, this may also require some additional traveling to customer locations outside of surrounding cities.

Sales as a requirement has also been another issue that has been brought to our attention. In the nature of our work, our company is held to a standard for meeting metrics, including sales and it is an expectation for our employees to offer Smart Home Services on every job. Even though this is an added requirement of the job, we have created paid incentive programs and various bonus structures to motivate employees to meet if not exceed these metrics. We have also began a Sales Science  more... course to help employees in the field have the resources and skills that they need to be successful in this aspect of the position.  less

Reliable work for those who take it seriously.
Home Entertainment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIDecember 8, 2018
The days can be long, and it can get stressful. The people who succeed in this field are the ones who take every aspect of the job and do the best they can. I don't love every detail, but no job is perfect. There are a lot of bad reviews on this company, but I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to someone looking for a new career.
January 21, 2019

Thank you for your feedback! We know companies have their own challenges and we are willing to accept that we as a company have areas for improvement. We continue to do what we can to provide the best opportunity for all of our employees and help create an environment where everyone has the proper resources and skill sets to be successful in their position.

Long hours (16 hours plus a day at times)
Former Technician (Former Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 24, 2018
Had to work 16 hours plus on a lot of occasions. Sometimes showing up to customers houses just before midnight. Getting home constantly around 10 pm. Getting a lot of complaints from customers because their appointments were morning but your manager put 8 morning 8-10 appointments on your route because they didnt care what time the appointments said. They needed to a complete overhaul of the office. Making techs drive over an hour to each job and no pay for that drive. Compensation was very low and not even minimum wage many days. Not a company anyone should work for! No family time and managers do not care if you ever see your family either!
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Long drives, no pay
January 21, 2019

We would like to remind past, current and prospective employees that our Human Resources department welcomes any and all feedback regarding concerns and issues and we take all concerns seriously and investigate each situation individually.

In terms of our hours, we understand that the nature of our business is customer oriented which requires our employees in the field to work some nontraditional hours and sometimes it is difficult to determine end times, but we always strive to have employees end their day at a reasonable time.

Also, many of our Home Entertainment Specialists work approximately 45-50 hours a week on average, however the company does offer additional bonuses and pay opportunities for individuals who are willing to work additional hours/days. Within this last year, we have also began routing our Home Entertainment Specialists on a 5-day work week with weekend work still being required for most employees.

You can find better don’t woek here.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALNovember 13, 2018
The management wasn’t very great no opportunities to advance. They thought buying food would make you stay longer. The management never worked in a warehouse setting so he did not know what he was doing
Pros
N/a
Cons
The job period
January 21, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. Training is very important in our line of work and we always do what we can to make sure that everyone from the top down understands our practices and policies in each of our positions. With that being said, we would like to remind past, current and prospective employees that our Human Resources department welcomes any and all feedback regarding concerns and issues regarding management, practices and policies, training, etc.

Company needs massive management overhaul
Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Grayling, MINovember 5, 2018
If would be nice if they ( management ) wouldnt play favorites and all employees were treated equally, not like floor mats for the techs and management to wipe their feet on. Employees also need to be held accountable for their mistakes, not have their hands held and told it will be ok, someone else will fix it for you.......
Pros
Paid vacations
Cons
Way to many to list
January 21, 2019

As everything around us changes we know that we must change as well and feedback from our employees is the best way to know how efficient our operations truly are. With that being said, we would like to remind past, current and prospective employees that our Human Resources department welcomes any and all feedback regarding concerns and issues such as management, practices and policies, training, favoritism, etc. We take all concerns seriously and investigate each situation individually.

Need pay scale revamped
Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  MichiganAugust 19, 2018
You work to many hours for what they pay. This was not a hourly paying job. So you don't get paid for your drive times. You may drive 2 to 3 hours one way to a job.
Pros
Working outside
Cons
Working outside
January 21, 2019

Great News! WeConnect has begun giving Home Entertainment Specialists the option to be paid an hourly rate or a unit rate (paid per job completed). With both options, employees will continue to be compensated for time worked over 40 hours in a work week. Twice a year our company will offer an enrollment option where the Home Entertainment Specialists will have the opportunity to continue being paid their hourly rate or switch over to a unit pay system. This enrollment will continue on a bi-annual basis and Home Entertainment Specialists will have the option to switch between the two different payment methods during the scheduled enrollment periods. Prior to the enrollment period, management will be conducting performance evaluations which can warrant a merit-based pay increase.

DNS/HNS Technician (Current Employee) –  Grayling, MIAugust 13, 2018
Really enjoyed the job the management were wonderfully patient with me and made the job enjoyable. Pay works on tier metric system 5 tiers with varying metrics, customer satisfaction quality, sales and referrals.
January 21, 2019

Thank you for the feedback. It is refreshing to know that employees have positive relationships and communication with management as well as enjoyed the jobs that they were doing.

profits before employees, way to much overhead at corporate
Location Manager (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIJuly 13, 2018
The satellite industry is what it is. Dish and Direct will continue to nickle and dime partners. This makes it hard for any company like weconnect to be the leaders in employee satisfaction. That said, I have no faith in the management to run this business to do anything to make them leaders in the industry in any area including employee satisfaction. If you are looking for a cabling job that pays on time, this place is for you. If you are looking for that plus a good employer, keep looking.
Pros
entry level cable job easy to get
Cons
everything else
January 21, 2019

We are always challenging management to figure out how to make WeConnect a better place to work. As everything around us with technology changes we know that we must change as well and feedback from our employees is the best way for us to know how efficient our operations truly are. We know companies have their own challenges and we are willing to accept that we as a company have areas for improvement. We take pride in our ability to provide world-class technology solutions and we are always modifying our current ways to make the employees' experience here a better one. For anyone that has comments, concerns or questions, we encourage them to reach out to our Human Resources Department so we can move forward and make modifications properly.

bad management on local level
Satellite Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MIJuly 9, 2018
AWESOME JOB! Loved what I did!
local management was nothing but a bully that didnt care about you unless you were the top earner. regional management was better but still lacking due bad scheduling and over scheduling causing 12+ hour work days when it wasn't necessary or safe.
January 21, 2019

Thank you for your feedback and we are pleased to know that you enjoyed this line of work. Based off your comments regarding management, we would like to remind current and prospective employees that our Human Resources department welcomes any and all feedback regarding concerns and issues such as management, practices and policies, training favoritism, etc. We take all concerns seriously and investigate each situation individually.

In terms of routing and scheduling we understand that the nature of our business is customer oriented which requires our employees in the field to work some nontraditional hours and sometimes it is difficult to determine end times, but we always strive to have employees end their day at a reasonable time. Currently many of our Home Entertainment Specialists work approximately 45-50 hours a week on average, however the company does offer additional bonuses and pay opportunities for individuals who are willing to work additional hours/days. Within this last year, we have also began routing our Home Entertainment Specialists on a 5-day work week with weekend work still being required for most employees.

What can you do for me today attitude
Home Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  WisconsinJune 28, 2018
The type of work We connect does is actually interesting( satellite install and service). The way the company is managed is horrible. There is an attitude from all of management of "What can you do for me today?". They have no regard of work life to family life. Numerous times would get home from work at like 9:30pm after starting at 7am. If you put in a request for time off or to be finished by a certain time, you will have to remind supervisor and routing at least 3 times of time you need off otherwise you will have work on your route . No weekends off ever. If you have work on your route that you can not complete regardless of circumstances ( rescheduled or customer canceled etc) it has negative effect on metrics . More on metrics coming up. After a period of a few months you get switched from hourly pay to unit pay . Unit pay is a certain amount of $ × a unit or point. Each job is worth different amounts of units. So an install can be worth around 22-48 units depending on customers need. If a job gets downed for whatever reason You don't get paid for your time on site. Your metrics have control on how much pay you get per unit. Factors you cannot control ( customers changing mind, routing taking jobs away). The only way to make decent money on unit pay is to average 80-100 units a-day. Gets challenging to do with just drive times to jobs being on average 30 min to over an hour. You don't get paid drive time. Even though you are in company truck which is considered a work environment legally and would have no other reason to be driving work truck You will  more... not get paid for the time in truck.  less
Pros
Gas is paid for in work truck
Cons
Poorly managed, poor treatment of employees
January 21, 2019

Thank you for your feedback and acknowledgement that the work we do here at WeConnect is fun and interesting. In terms of some of your concerns, we would like to remind current and prospective employees that our Human Resources department welcomes any and all feedback regarding concerns and issues such as management, practices and policies, favoritism, etc. We take all concerns seriously and investigate each situation individual.

We understand that the nature of our business is customer oriented which requires our employees in the field to work some nontraditional hours and sometimes it is difficult to determine end times, but we always strive to have employees end their day at a reasonable time. Additionally, many of our Home Entertainment Specialists work approximately 45-50 hours a week on average, however the company does offer additional bonuses and pay opportunities for individuals who are willing to work additional hours/days. Within this last year, we have also began routing our Home Entertainment Specialists on a 5-day work week with weekend work still being required for most employees.

WeConnect has also begun giving Home Entertainment Specialists the option to be paid an hourly rate or a unit rate (paid per job completed). With both options, employees will continue to be compensated for time worked over 40 hours in a work week including their drive times between jobs.

general
Home Entertainment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJune 16, 2018
Poor management want job done fast but don't want call backs on top of install must sell or will suspend you and you are paid on a point system witch doesn't work good when they want so much.
Pros
Cons
everything
January 21, 2019

Thank you for your feedback and sharing your concerns. We understand that the nature of our business is customer oriented and is very faced-paced, however would would never want that to diminish an employee's experience with the company. First and foremost, we would like to state that WeConnect encourages all employees who witness any issues or concerns in the field to contact our Human Resources department or their manager at the time of the incident so the proper course of action can be taken. Additionally, we take all concerns, especially those pertaining to safety and management, very seriously and investigate each situation individually.

In terms of our pay, WeConnect has begun giving Home Entertainment Specialists the option to be paid an hourly rate or a unit rate (paid per job completed). With both options, employees will continue to be compensated for time worked over 40 hours in a work week. Twice a year our company will offer an enrollment option where the Home Entertainment Specialists will have the opportunity to continue being paid their hourly rate or switch over to a unit pay system. This enrollment will continue on a bi-annual basis and Home Entertainment Specialists will have the option to switch between the two different payment methods during the scheduled enrollment periods. Prior to the enrollment period, management will be conducting performance evaluations which can warrant a merit-based pay increase.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WeConnect. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8