WeConnect Pay & Benefits reviews

you get out what you put in
Home Entertainment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ionia, MIMay 24, 2019
a good job for a single guy. great money but you get out what you put in. long hours in the summer low in the winter. decent with family. great team leaders
Pros
bonuses
Cons
no time for family
June 12, 2019

Thank you for your review. We are currently trying to find ways and new partners to work with to balance out the workload a little bit, but some of it will always be a little uneven based on the seasons and the number of customers who are ordering.

Break free of the nine-to-five drudgery and come work for WeConnect
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Chippewa Falls, WIFebruary 8, 2019
I have come to believe, through experience, that the quality of any business is inexorably linked to the quality of its management. It isn’t enough to be ambitious or hard-working. Good management also needs to be able to create a productive working atmosphere without the use of undue intimidation, to be able to nurture an environment that feels safe and welcoming, and to build a feeling of community that inspires creativity and productivity.

I have felt and experienced that the management team at WeConnect fulfills all the above requirements; and the result for me has been enjoying the most satisfying work that I’ve ever been paid for.

At WeConnect, you are not just another cog in the machine, so to speak. You get the feeling that you are part of a family and receive contentment in knowing that your contributions matter and are acknowledged. Other jobs may set basic parameters for the required duties of the position and then be annoyed or view you as insubordinate for attempting to voice a suggestion or different viewpoint. That is not the case with WeConnect. Creative solutions are valued and individual achievement is recognized.

While you do enjoy the benefits of collaboration within the company, on a daily and practical level you need to be self-motivated and self-accountable. This holds true whether you are a Home Entertainment Specialist, work in a warehouse setting, or are involved with management. Truthfully, that aspect of the job appeals to me the most: working at your own productive pace without someone “breathing down your neck,” as the expression
  more... goes. Furthermore, once you establish a track record of quality work done efficiently, you have the opportunity to move into other positions within the company (sometimes in other states) or otherwise be entrusted with more responsibility.  less
Pros
Satisfying work, encouraging management, family oriented and a lot of freedom and independence.
Cons
Sometimes the work is hard or the days get long, but what I do is rewarding and the job is fun.
If you like stress and backbiting this is your place
Manager (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJanuary 9, 2019
I worked with the company before and after the merger in 2015. What started out as a great opportunity soon got overshadowed by the constant bickering among department heads and lack of professionalism both during the day and at events by the executives of the company. If you are friends with anyone in management you are very well taken care of, while the people actually doing the work are passed over for even basic yearly raises.
Pros
regular paycheck
Cons
atmosphere and morale
January 21, 2019

All levels of management are challenged everyday to figure out what we can do to make WeConnect a better place to work. We understand that companies have their own challenges and we are willing to accept that we as a company have areas for improvement. However, we take comments regarding favoritism very seriously and we encourage all employees of the company to contact our Human Resources Department with any issues like this immediately so the proper course of action can be made. We also have done a lot in recent months to promote high performing individuals in the company through newsletters, awards, incentives, etc. Working together is one of the four values of this company and we makes sure that from the top down we are all working together to drive future success at WeConnect.

Long hours (16 hours plus a day at times)
Former Technician (Former Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 24, 2018
Had to work 16 hours plus on a lot of occasions. Sometimes showing up to customers houses just before midnight. Getting home constantly around 10 pm. Getting a lot of complaints from customers because their appointments were morning but your manager put 8 morning 8-10 appointments on your route because they didnt care what time the appointments said. They needed to a complete overhaul of the office. Making techs drive over an hour to each job and no pay for that drive. Compensation was very low and not even minimum wage many days. Not a company anyone should work for! No family time and managers do not care if you ever see your family either!
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Long drives, no pay
January 21, 2019

We would like to remind past, current and prospective employees that our Human Resources department welcomes any and all feedback regarding concerns and issues and we take all concerns seriously and investigate each situation individually.

In terms of our hours, we understand that the nature of our business is customer oriented which requires our employees in the field to work some nontraditional hours and sometimes it is difficult to determine end times, but we always strive to have employees end their day at a reasonable time.

Also, many of our Home Entertainment Specialists work approximately 45-50 hours a week on average, however the company does offer additional bonuses and pay opportunities for individuals who are willing to work additional hours/days. Within this last year, we have also began routing our Home Entertainment Specialists on a 5-day work week with weekend work still being required for most employees.

It was a fast paced competitive place. The trainers were nice, but weren't properly trained.
Satellite Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIMay 11, 2018
I liked the people, and the pay was good, but the company managers are too strict on rules that were never even taught to me. I wouldn't recommend this company. I wish that they were better. I was making good money. If you ever apply here. Make sure you ask for the best trainer.
Pros
Good pay, met a lot of really cool customers.
Cons
A lot of driving time. Long days. Poor managment.
January 21, 2019

Thank you for your feedback and sharing your concerns. We recently updated our training program and improved the working conditions for our trainers to allow them more flexibility to train our new hires properly. We want to make sure that all employees have a positive experience working for WeConnect and we understand that it all starts with training.

Great if you're single and a salesman
Satellite Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Rhinelander, WIFebruary 18, 2018
And you like driving. You don't get paid til start first job, which can be hours away from where you live. THIS IS A SALES POSITION. Do not be mislead
Pros
good pay
Cons
no work/life balance, lots of driving, pressure to make sales everyday, even when you make sales
January 21, 2019

We would like to be clear that we understand that sales is a requirement of the position. In the nature of our work, our company is held to a standard for meeting metrics, including sales and it is an expectation for our employees to offer Smart Home Services on every job. Even though this is an added requirement of the job, we have created paid incentive programs and various bonus structures to motivate employees to meet if not exceed these metrics. We have also began a Sales Science course to help employees in the field have the resources and skills that they need to be successful in this aspect of the position.

The position also allows our Home Entertainment Specialist the freedom of a traveling office. Those who join the WeConnect team and have the opportunity to work in various indoor and outdoor environments, while providing outstanding customer service and world class technology solutions.

Job and Sales
Satellite Installation Technician (Current Employee) –  Grayling, MIJanuary 1, 2018
Very technical and physically demanding. Long hours and a lot of driving. They do put a high demand on employees to "upsell" every job. Management is sometimes unavailable when needed.
January 21, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We understand that the nature of this job is physically demanding and customer oriented which requires our employees in the field to work some nontraditional hours and sometimes it is difficult to determine end times, but we always strive to have employees end their day at a reasonable time.

We have also been made aware of the concerns regarding managers availability and in recent months we have expanded the number of managers that we have at our office locations to increase support in the field.

Run run run as fast as you can!
Satellite Technician (Current Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 8, 2017
Dishonest, untrustworthy and unemphatic superiors. Zero work/life balance. Long hours and no respect. Life is short, definitely not worth it. Quitting in very near future.
Pros
Free migraines and ulcers.
Cons
Too much to list.
Terrible
Satellite Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 30, 2017
Was told that I would be hired for specific area and.that was a lie. Dispatch would send you hours away from home (free) and you wouldn't get paid for it. You may or may not get a lunch break but they will automatically deduct a lunch break. You have to check in early morning and you may or may not work as they may change it at any time. Company is really messed up
Management.sucks
Run! Don't waste your time.
Satellite Technician (Former Employee) –  WIMay 21, 2017
You are a statistic to the company. Disposable. They don't care about you, compensation is questionably ethical. Change how they do things monthly. Clueless on how to treat people. Expect you to drive all day, redo work and attend meetings without compensation for your time it only included in each job you complete or after you get overtime. So if you drive for 8 hours and only put in 2 jobs you only get paid for those 2 jobs. Then you have to sell at the installation. Got to hit the statisics.
Pros
Changing environment
Cons
Everything, no defined work hours, mandatory 6 day weeks
Not a family orientated employer
Installer (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIApril 20, 2017
They stress the ability to make money and that they have good family values, but you have to work ridiculous hours to make good money which takes away from family time.
Awesome company to work for
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Grayling, MIJuly 28, 2016
Company incentives profit-sharing and pension. Company vehicle to take home every day. This is the most rewarding job I've had in a long time! Great people too!
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Some Weekends
Great company, treats employees well
Installation Technician (Current Employee) –  Chippewa Falls, WIJuly 28, 2016
Good benefit and compensation. Culture focused employee engagement. Employee resource groups. Nice cafeteria on site. Socially responsible and diverse company.
Pros
Good leadership. Ethical. Development and continuous learning opportunities.
Cons
There are really no major cons overall.
WeConnect was a good company to work for but, we moved from the area.
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, MEJuly 8, 2016
A typical day at work was scheduling appointments for customers in many states across the United States. A typical day also included typing spreadsheet to keep a record of appointments made.

I learned better telephone etiquette and improved my typing skills.

Management was good

Co-workers were friendly.

Hardest part of the job was the travel.

Most enjoyable part of the job was the people
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
Distance I had to travel
Like Family
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMay 25, 2016
Great company. Great atmosphere. Great benefits. Great leadership. Beautiful call center in Green Bay, Wi. Opportunity to grow and move up (with hard work...you can't just sit on your arce and expect everything to come to you). Now, if you are happy earning an hourly wage, with monthly incentives and good benefits...and you are great with customers this is the place to work!
Pros
Cons
I should have never left. The grass isn't always greener on the other side, but when you are recruited for an opportunity...one has to spread its wings. However, look at the grass in your own yard.
Best Job I've Ever Had
Satellite Installation Technician (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMay 2, 2016
This is the best job I've ever had. As a female Satellite Installation Technician I thought I was going to have an up-hill battle as the only woman installer. Many years later I look forward to work every day & I enjoy the company of my co-workers ... AEI Dish takes care of me and I do the same for them. Great culture and great benefits! If you're looking for a job where you can make good money this is the place.
Pros
Excellent Pay and Benefits of all kinds, No expense to go to work, they pay for gas, Company is ever growing.
Cons
Weekend work hours, Lots of driving.
Fun Place To Work
Satellite Technician (Current Employee) –  Stevens Point, WINovember 23, 2015
Fun job, great pay and benefits. fast paced environment, Managers take the time to invest in you. Lots of room for advancement.
Pros
New People Everyday
Cons
Long Hours
The sky is the limit.
Installation Technical (Current Employee) –  Stevens Point, WisconsinOctober 20, 2015
I am still a technician who works in Wisconsin. I love my job. I have the luxury to work for a quality employer but I get to use the enterpenuer in me. I get amazing benefits and I have a company vehicle & never pay for gas.
Pros
Full Time Benefits Vision, Dental, Long/Short Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401K Enrollment Program, Health Insurance
Cons
Work some weekends
Terrible place to work!
Satellite Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Grayling, MIOctober 19, 2015
Every day is a mystery, you don't know where you're going or how far away your going until first thing in the morning most days. The management is purely focused on whatever is making the company the most money at the time. There is little to no consideration for the employee and how his job schedule for the day will be completed or what it will pay for that day. Because of this pay greatly fluctuates and if the employee is close to completing enough work for that week to earn his/her bonus they will not be given any work the next day to avoid the paying the employee anymore then they have to. This has been confirmed to me by two different managers, bottom line this should be a very last resort job opportunity. The only reason this company is always hiring isn't due to growth, its because no one sticks around.
Pros
company car (for work only)
Cons
unreliable schedule/ fluctuating pay
November 20, 2015

Pursuing a career as a service technician means pursuing a path that is often unpredictable. Personal flexibility and adaptability within changing work environments is key to being successful at this job. For example, work orders fall in overnight, so a Technician isn’t truly routed for a full day until the next day of work begins. At AEI Dish, we work to bridge the gap between the inherent unknowns of this job and the things we have control over. For example, our Technicians know that their start time is going to be the same time each day. How a day progresses is dependent on any number of variables, but this too is expected and anticipated.

AEI issues their technicians a company owned, GPS equipped vehicle to be used for the sole purpose of putting AEI work orders in the ground. Both the fuel and maintenance of these vehicles is paid for through AEI at no cost to the employee. An agreement is signed by the employee outlining the rules and regulations of these company vehicles. Being given a work vehicle that a technician has the freedom to take home and leave from their home each day they set off for work is one of the many benefits of being a full time technician with AEI.

Our pay structure is reflective of industry standards and relies directly on the personal work metrics of each technician. Essentially, the more you work, the more you make. The managers at our branches are receptive to any concerns you might have about your job, including questions about personal pay. Likewise, our corporate Human Resources team is also available to you to answer questions and take  more... concerns.  less

Enjoy the people and the culture
Field Operations (Current Employee) –  Green BayOctober 1, 2015
Typical day is pretty easy going. Everyone knows their job and are hard workers, but we all get along great too. There is usually some socializing but usually a lot to do too. Our managers are very dedicated and hard working. My co-workers are fun and also very dedicated to getting things done.

The most difficult part of the job is the unknown for work load. Some days/months are very busy and others are very slow. The time that I can get home is always a guess as well.

The compensation levels are fair and average, but the benefits could be much better. The vacation time allowed is great though.

The people I work with all makes it worth coming to work every day. I know they are dedicated, work hard, and I consider them friends and family now.
Pros
Team/Culture
Cons
Benefits/Unpredictability in work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WeConnect. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8