WEDGEWOOD GOLF & COUNTRY CLUB Employee Reviews

A decent place to work
Grounds Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Powell, OHMarch 28, 2019
Physically demanding with little pay. The staff was reasonably fair. The work wasn't very difficult, but for the labor and such little pay it could be better.
Poor Leadership
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Powell, OHFebruary 15, 2019
Many of the area manager are really good. The General Manager isn't around and never takes time with employees. He only cares about golf and renovations and does a poor job of managing people. Half the time when I worked there he'd cancelled weekly meetings. Also poor communication with updating employees at the club. You'd think he'd make this a priority so we could better service the members.
Sad because Wedgewood has wonderful members.
Pros
Members
Cons
General Manager, Assistant GM
Management not present & poor communication
Dining Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Powell, OHJanuary 28, 2019
Loved the members but top manager no around. Poor communication. The only time I would learn what was going on in club is at weekly meetings. Half the time they were cancelled which was frustrating.
Pros
Great members
Cons
Top manager
Lots of long days
United States (Former Employee) –  United StatesNovember 7, 2018
I left there because I missed seeing my family I worked all weekends and late nights. Management is under appreciated by upper management. The members were awesome though.
There’s a reason there’s a high turn over rate.
“Bartender.” (Former Employee) –  Powell, OhioSeptember 25, 2018
This place hired me too quickly, that should have been my first red flag. Day one, I show up expecting a tour and some training, instead they put me on a golf cart for eight hours and tell me to pour cocktails. I poured three all day. I had no break the entire time I worked here, despite working eight plus hour shifts. Everyday I’m called to work a different position than hired. I still don’t even know what they thought my job was, but it certainly wasn’t a bartender. The people were okay. I felt very misled from day one. The last straw was not getting a schedule posted but being expected to show up for a shift with less than an hour’s notice. It wasn’t worth it for me.
Pros
Some nice people, beautiful landscape.
Cons
No breaks, no direction, no accurate job description.
Poor management
Former fitness attendent (Former Employee) –  Powell, OHAugust 17, 2018
The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. Great course with pleasant membership, but that's where it stops. Management is very disorganized, especially in the fitness center. The equipment is outdated, in need of repair and often presents a risk to members. Instead of working as a business, to help members, it's run like a social club - including very vindictive relations with staff. The use of pejorative language, in regards, to members is common.
Pros
Members
Cons
Needs new management, to compete with other facilities.
Wonderful job. Lots of variety. Ability to use all my skills
Fitness, Aquatics & Kids Program Director (Former Employee) –  Powell, OHFebruary 10, 2018
I loved this position. Typical day was started in Fitness planning priorities for the day. Did scheduling for Fitness and Aquatics staff, ran payroll, planned new programs/classes. Ran over to pool and checked staff was ready to open. Led late morning fitness classes. Afternoons involved maintenance of pool chemicals/backwashing etc. Late afternoon planning for events, talking with vendors, shopping for supplies. Supervising evening events.
Pros
Alot of variety. Work independently
Cons
Contract position. No benefits.
A nice place to work, but pay rate should be higher...
Greens Crew (Current Employee) –  Powell, OHJanuary 16, 2018
Nice people, not really any stress, but worked 13 out of 14 days... Sometimes 20 days in a row. Work in all conditions, but most of the time you have a golf cart, or workman cart, so you are never walking in the rain far from the shop with out a fast way to get shelter.
Pros
Fun People to work with
Cons
Doesn't pay well
Exciting, Fast Paced workplace
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Powell, OHJanuary 13, 2018
No two days are the same. Every day is a new day at the course. I learned a lot about life, proper grass care, how to operate machines of all kinds. If you are an outdoors kind of person who enjoys long days in the sun, this job is for you. Early mornings but you are off by early afternoon leaving your evenings wide open.
Pros
Learn valuable life skills
Cons
Short lunch break
Tennis
Tennis front desk (Former Employee) –  tennisDecember 2, 2017
This job was pretty easy and laid back. One of the reasons I left was for school, another is I worked there for about 3 years and never got a raise. It may be a country club but the people are very stingy about hours and pay
Pros
easy work
Cons
boring/slow
not a good place to work
Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLNovember 28, 2017
A family owned course so you never get the same answer form more then 1 of them Makes it a harder then normal course to get things done as well as they won't set a budget for the super to go by and expect people to work for free
Pros
free golf after 1 pm
Cons
No Vacation time sick days or hoildays
Do not work here
Server (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAOctober 23, 2017
Unfair hours, very unorganized, there is favoritism from the top all the way down because they hire tons of family members. Overworked and underpaid. They do not hire enough workers so you end up working shifts until 2-4 in the morning on the regular. Tons of lazy workers and the good workers have to end up picking up everyone else's slack. DO NOT WORK HERE.
Good job for high school or college students
Server (Former Employee) –  Powell, OHMay 29, 2017
Very nice place to work in a nice area of Columbus. Managers like to develop a relationship with the workers and care about you. The more you are willing to work and do a good job, the more hours they will give you.
Pros
decent pay, good working environment
Very productive and talkative days
Dishwasher, Host, Waitress (Former Employee) –  Albert Lea, MNApril 6, 2017
Some days i would be doing one of m job titles and others i could have been doing multiple at a time. i had always kept myself busy, even on slow days. i learned communication skills and how to manage my time, it not easy having 6 tables and each table wanting to talk all at once. Or having dishes from the restaurant come in as well as dishes from a banquet of 300 people that are having a 3 course meal.
Pros
free meal
Cons
very busy
Stressful
Pub and gri managet (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 5, 2017
I love my job. Very stressful environment, and treated like slaves. Must handel alot with not enough time to do it all. It's becoming a chain instead of a mom and pop. I love it.
Pros
Half off lunch, bonus
Cons
No breaks, no lunch, bonus plan you really cant meet
Good people poor work environment
Director (Current Employee) –  Powell ohDecember 29, 2016
No training disorganized management. Has potential unfortunately too many current growing pains. They don't give raises to employees not even cost of living consideration. Great ppl unfortunately management struggles.
Pros
Good peopl with good intentions
Cons
No managerial support
Greens Crew (Former Employee) –  Powell, OHApril 19, 2016
Management is excellent. The most enjoyable part of the job is having the independence to work on the task assigned to you.
Fun Workplace, good team enviroment
Assistant Golf Professional (Current Employee) –  Powell, OHDecember 2, 2015
A good work place to advance a career. Must be goal oriented and work well with co-workers. Like most Country Clubs you must provide excellent customer service to succeed.
fast paced work with fun co-workers
Bar tender/server (Current Employee) –  Albert Lea, MNJune 30, 2015
Serving customers to the best of my ability, daily cleaning and maintenance of coolers, dish washer and other surfaces, stocking of inventory.
Pros
fun, fast paced work
Cons
25$ uniforms
Fun and young place to work
Hospitality Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Powell, OHAugust 27, 2014
The people I worked for were very nice and it is a fun place to work.
Pros
Free food and great people
Cons
Un organized