WeDriveU Employee Reviews

Good luck.
Nike taxi (Former Employee) –  OregonOctober 6, 2018
No way to move up. People get fired, quit and still get rehired. Office environment is unprofessional, They don't stay in dress code, treat drivers poorly, breaks are not always possible to get 1 by bathroom access. Management is always changing, No seniority, CDL drivers and taxi drivers make less then their dispatchers. Lots of drama. Etc. So much going on in this company .
Pros
Company car
Cons
Read review
Temp job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 18, 2018
Got to drive various cars. Drove for different functions, such as the Oscars and others. Sometimes it was just driving people around just to show how the on board gps worked. That sort of thing.
More concerned with the almighty $ than employees
Mapping and Imagery Driver, Data Collection (Current Employee) –  Burlingame, CASeptember 8, 2018
You'd think with a 6-week on-the-road commitment, the company would be a bit more concerned with the well being of the employee. This is NOT the case. On rainy days, we are unable to work. Do we get any compensation for things out of our control? No. If it rains/snows/foggy, we cannot work and do not get any compensation. For example, I recently only got 8 hours of actual work time on my time sheet. In order to get as close to 40 hours as possible, I had to use sick time to make up for it.

The same thing is true if you have equipment failure or car breakdowns. You are only given compensation for equipment downtime when the company technician is on site, which is usually the next day, because the tech has to fly to your location. If your car is in the shop, you're only compensated for up to three hours. (My car was recently in the sop for a full week, while waiting on the part to arrive.)

It hasn't happen to me yet, thankfully, but if you are in a car accident, the first question from them is, "Is the rig damaged?" It should be, "Are you ok?" (If the rig is damaged, you're fired.)

At the end of your 6-week commitment, you get to fly home "for a week". In actuality, you're home for about 5 days. They fly you home on a Wednesday and back the following Tuesday at whatever the least expensive flight they can get. My last trip home had me fly home at 9pm, landing at the airport an hour and a half from my home at 11pm. That got me home after 1am on Thursday. My flight back to work as at 7:30am, which meant I had to be at the airport at 5:30am.
With your flight days being
  more... "on the clock", that only gave me 5 full days at home.

When I questioned why my flight times were so bad, the answer I was given was, "Sorry. I have to follow company plicy of the least expensive flight." When I checked the Orbitz site they use, I learned the guy saved the company a whopping $25 and cut my time home by a full day.

Priorities are really messed up here.
Pros
Lodging, food per diem, flight expenses all covered
Cons
More concerned with the $ than the employee, Not too concerned about employee/family time
Poor Equality in the Workplace
Driver (Former Employee) –  Burlingame, CAAugust 23, 2018
I was hired as a part-time employee with a promise for advancement. When full-time positions opened I was asked to train new drivers for them. The newly hired employees were offered a higher hourly rate than I was. I asked my boss several times for more hours and was declined. During the interview, I was told if I passed my probationary period I would receive a raise. I never received a raise.
Cons
There weren't any advancement opportunities
This Company is a Rip-Off for CDL Drivers
Driver Candidate (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CA to Santa MonicaAugust 17, 2018
WeDriveU is a joke. This company pays $18/hour for less than 8 hours of work per day. Moreover, this company does not pay for 6 hours between between two separate shifts. Work day begins at 7am to 10am (3hours). Driver is of the clock until 4:30pm (6 hour split--nonpaid time)... from 4:30pm to 9:30pm (5hours).

If you get home late, and have to rise the next day to make the 7am start time... imagine the fatigue factor. This is not a job that's conducive to having a life, and maintaining good health.

WeDriveU drivers make less than $630 per week, after taxes. This is not a good deal considering the long split (6 hours!).

If this company could legally hire illegal immigrants they would do so. (Thank god for state and federal transportation laws.)

But seriously, though, this company was drivers who can pass a drug test, smart enough to possess CDL credentials, but at the same time be dumb and desperate enough to work bad hours for low wages! GTFOH!!!
Pros
zero
Cons
numerous
Great Place to Work
Transportation Coordinator/Shuttle Driver (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 25, 2018
{The Art Institute Of Henderson Nevada}
Driving College Kids form school To College Housing.
Great Place To Work!
Mentoring The Kids Was A Plus!
Great
Pros
Great Place To Work
Loved working there
Driver (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 26, 2018
It was only a temp assignment but I had the time of my life and made a lot of money!!! Management was supportive and training was definitely up to par
Ok
Operations (Current Employee) –  Burlingame, CAJune 13, 2018
It's an ok place to work, benefits are a bit lacking, culture is nonexistent. Nobody seems overjoyed or anything, but you're also not in any danger of the company going bankrupt.
Good Experience
Employee (Former Employee) –  Burlingame, CAJune 10, 2018
You will definitely be pushed. Need a great work ethic. You will be asked to do things not on the job description but this is due to 1) someone needing to do the job and 2) showing the capability that you can handle more
Good for short term job
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Watertown, MAJune 7, 2018
Great short term job. Not a long term job no advancement. Management not employee orientated. My time there was stressful and unpleasant manager has short temper and plays favorites. High turn over. This was my experience there and my opinion. Others may have different opinion
Pros
close to home
Cons
long days
Inexperienced Upper Management
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  TeslaJune 4, 2018
Certain people in upper Management should not be there. If you work under Masto it is a nightmare. Likes to talk down to employees. Promoted only people he liked and didn't fear.
growth company
DIRECTOR NATIONAL EVENTS (Former Employee) –  Burlingame, CAJune 1, 2018
amazing growth and opportunity at WeDriveU. Room for advancement for the right individuals.
Great job for transportation professionals with hands on approach to taking care of business.
Great place to work if you live close and can go home during you split shift.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 22, 2018
I really do like the job. The people I work with and the clients I drive are great. I just do not like the split shift and having to be away from home for so many hours.
Pros
Good clean vehicles that are well maintained. Great clients
Cons
4 to 5 hour shift in the AM, then 4 to 6 hours off, and then another 4 to 5 hours shift in the evening.
A lot of overtime if they like you
Driver (Current Employee) –  Menlo Park, CAMay 20, 2018
Wedriveu Facebook very unorganized management that do not follow union contract. They do not care about seniority and they do not have a good hiringing process. Thy hire anybody.
It was only for a week
CHAUFFEUR (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 25, 2018
I only worked for a week so I don't have proper information on what it normally is like. However, I enjoyed it and felt communication with what needed to be done was solid.
we drive U
Bus driver (Former Employee) –  linkedin, facebookFebruary 12, 2018
working with we drive U was great. but in every company there are some in management seem to take power alittle to much above and beyond. Sometimes that works and sometimes that doesnt work.
what I learn about WE DRIVE U there is no other company like it they have a selection process very strict. at first you think the grass is greener else where and you find out that is not true. so count your blessings. the only hard part is if you don't love traffic this is not for you.
their benifits are better than most companies.
Pros
great money, benifits, perks
Cons
never be late, all eyes on you, mind your Ps and Qs
Awsome !
On Demand driver. (Current Employee) –  Face book Menlo park CaJanuary 25, 2018
Very classy and upbeat company striving to get better each and every day. Imidiate software upgrades and confident management. My car gets cleaned twice each week and fueled every other day.
Pros
Great pay. Brand new vehicle. Great boss !
Cons
None.
temp job, easy, just not a lot of events
Driver (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJanuary 10, 2018
Company that provides drivers for events. Fun and easy. Just may not be needed for long periods. But when you do an event, you drive where you need, then wait till you're needed again. Get paid for entire time you're there.
Pros
easy to do. straightforward, can be real fun if you have good crowd of other drivers.
Cons
May not work very much like several months between events
Not a bad place to work
Fleet Administrator (Current Employee) –  Burlingame, CAJanuary 8, 2018
Good environment to work, the general area of Burlingame is extremely expensive and their salary is not competitive with the cost of living in the area although by normal standards of other areas its very good pay.
Nice
Acura Experience Associate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 4, 2018
Fun work while getting settled in a new city. Lots of freedom to make decisions as long as I got results. I was offered a promotion but went back to school...sometimes wish I had taken the promotion.
Pros
manager

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WeDriveU. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about