WeDriveU Employee Reviews

Ok
Operations (Current Employee) –  Burlingame, CAJune 13, 2018
It's an ok place to work, benefits are a bit lacking, culture is nonexistent. Nobody seems overjoyed or anything, but you're also not in any danger of the company going bankrupt.
Good Experience
Employee (Former Employee) –  Burlingame, CAJune 10, 2018
You will definitely be pushed. Need a great work ethic. You will be asked to do things not on the job description but this is due to 1) someone needing to do the job and 2) showing the capability that you can handle more
Inexperienced Upper Management
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  TeslaJune 4, 2018
Certain people in upper Management should not be there. If you work under Masto it is a nightmare. Likes to talk down to employees. Promoted only people he liked and didn't fear.
A lot of overtime if they like you
Driver (Current Employee) –  Menlo Park, CAMay 20, 2018
Wedriveu Facebook very unorganized management that do not follow union contract. They do not care about seniority and they do not have a good hiringing process. Thy hire anybody.
It was only for a week
CHAUFFEUR (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 25, 2018
I only worked for a week so I don't have proper information on what it normally is like. However, I enjoyed it and felt communication with what needed to be done was solid.
Awsome !
On Demand driver. (Current Employee) –  Face book Menlo park CaJanuary 25, 2018
Very classy and upbeat company striving to get better each and every day. Imidiate software upgrades and confident management. My car gets cleaned twice each week and fueled every other day.
Pros
Great pay. Brand new vehicle. Great boss !
Cons
None.
temp job, easy, just not a lot of events
Driver (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJanuary 10, 2018
Company that provides drivers for events. Fun and easy. Just may not be needed for long periods. But when you do an event, you drive where you need, then wait till you're needed again. Get paid for entire time you're there.
Pros
easy to do. straightforward, can be real fun if you have good crowd of other drivers.
Cons
May not work very much like several months between events
Nice
Acura Experience Associate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 4, 2018
Fun work while getting settled in a new city. Lots of freedom to make decisions as long as I got results. I was offered a promotion but went back to school...sometimes wish I had taken the promotion.
Pros
manager
It was a good place for a while
Shuttle Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, OregonApril 23, 2017
And then it wasn't. When I started working for this company, it was great. Then, a new project manager came in, the communication left and the other supervisors started lying about everything. The new culture is to expect inconsistent scheduling, full time people getting hours cut and of course, there is zero confidentiality. My co-workers know all about my health issues and I've been told all about theirs. The management is not supportive of the staff.
Pros
Cons
Inconsistent scheduling and no pay increases. No advancement.
how it was
Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 4, 2017
I liked it but very unorganized company. The guy who was my manager did not live in Colorado so it was very hard to get things done for my bus. We were constantly doing his work. An incident came up with my father which had me be away from work due to him almost passing away and I had no one to cover my shift. No one in the company was thoughtful about it and expected me to be okay and just work. I did not think this was acceptable due to the fact that I am driving all day long and have to have a good mindset for the passengers to be safe.
Easy work environment but uncertain weekly hours
Driver (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJMarch 4, 2017
Mindless work driving around the metro area. Never knew finish time each day or whether you would be working week to week. Low pressure and not much interaction with management.
Pros
Low Pressure
Cons
Uncertain
Great company, lots of exciting things coming its way
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 26, 2016
Great leaders, great pay and lots of great things coming for the company! WeDriveU has some amazing fortune 500 companies in their portfolio and getting better every year.
Lots of work
REGIONAL OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 20, 2016
Long working hours, plenty of traveling, opportunity to meet lots of people, automotive industry programs, Direct client relationship, partnership with avis and penske
Love the mamagers
Bus Driver/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CANovember 4, 2015
They are so helpful and understanding and can help you when they can. They will go the extra mile for their employees although some employees dont agree but I love working there
Pros
Free Food from Google and can do almost everything a Google employee can
Cons
Being at work all day and long splits
Great company if you want to be treated unfairly..
Program manager (Former Employee) –  Watertown,maSeptember 15, 2015
Company refuses to pay a decent starting wage to hire drivers so what you get are the lower tier drivers. Go to send a driver for DOT exam and am told by driver that he can't go because he won't pass. What's even better is that the driver goes onto say that he told the area manager and was told to go in a couple of weeks when he is " clean". No respect for DOT laws or care for potential liability to customer. No "real" training provided but are expected to be available 24/7 by phone. Very unrealistic company.
Pros
None..absolute worst experience ever..one pro is not being there
Cons
Being a door mat for the company and its end user customers
47,000
Lead Operations and Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 7, 2015
• Create good relationships with all Loews staff.
• Greeting guest and explaining the program creating brand awareness.
• Managed all past, present and future reservations, emails and those inquiring a FIAT vehicle.
• Learn the exterior and interior of a wide range of different FIAT vehicles, to share top of the line features each FIAT vehicle brings.
• Incorporating six steps of FIAT retail experience selling points to do’s.
• Communicate with my drivers, to priorities all rides to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Created a huge database of potential contacts, while gathering surveys and all important documents to send on weekly basics.
• Created a S.W.O.T. Analysis half way into the program.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No health care
see below
3D Map Driver (Former Employee) –  Burlingame, CAJune 21, 2015
Pay was great, management was not. On one day they tell you, that you returned too early and then the next day they say you were too late. Basically, only to harass you. If there is an issue they never acquire the truth but accept the view of a clique member as the truth, when in actuality it was the farthest from the truth. They then tell members of their entangled web to make false allegations towards you.
Good Place to Get Driving Work As Long As You're OK with the Downsides
Driver (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay AreaApril 17, 2014
I have worked for them as a driver for several years. You're basically a temp employee, in that you get a W-2 with deductions for taxes, but they give you limited hours and no benefits. Good for those looking for part-time work who like to drive, have good people skills, and can remain calm in stressful situations.

If they have a corporate client event, you might be expected to work 15 hour days for several days in a row. Then you might not have anything for a month or more.

Private chauffeur work is available (where you drive the client's vehicle). This is more difficult than you might think, because you are often driving a vehicle you are not familiar with to a location you may never have been to. And you are often driving an executive or wealthy person who expects you to perform flawlessly. The stress level can be high. Yet, it is typically only a few hours worth of work.

It can be worthwhile if you get a regular client, but otherwise it can be a lot of work and stress for not much money.

The company is well-run and professionally managed but some of their policies favor their clients over their drivers and are ... frustrating.

For example, customers are told that gratuities are included in the price of the fare, even though they are not. Instead, the company designates a portion of your hourly wage as "gratuity". It's not at all a gratuity because without it you'd be making close to minimum wage and below market for this type of work, and the amount of "gratuity" you receive is generally less than what a client would typically pay.
  more... (It would be like a restaurant that adds 18% gratuity to a customer tab and then pays its servers 11%).

Also, you may be expected to drive 30 miles or more to and from a client's location without compensation for your time. And my final gripe is that they often ask you to lay out money for expenses like tolls, fuel and parking. Yes, they reimburse you, but you have to keep track of receipts and lay out cash in advance of getting paid. A company of this size and type should have a more professional solution for covering expenses than requiring its low wage employees to provide what amounts to an interest free loan.

If you can live with these kinds of things, than you can get some good occasional driving work, and they pay on time.
Pros
Ongoing driving work that you can fit in your schedule when you want it; they pay on time
Cons
Pay is relatively low, client gratuities discouraged, work hours are irregular and unpredictable
Nice management. Some understanding and consideration.
Chauffeur (Current Employee) –  Burlingame, CADecember 14, 2012
The company values accuracy in payroll and the actual performance of normal job functions. Pay is always on time and correct.
Email helps job efficiency. I think the driving to airports is most difficult. The secretaries do help alot.
Pros
email schedules.
Cons
raises?
Contracted Company
Manager, Dispatcher and Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 1, 2012
•Managed and directed a team of drivers concerning any issues that may have arised in their daily job responsibilities.

•Managed all employees and kept record of all places they went to and times they left and returned.

•Communicated with all drivers at all time’s, gave orders and provided simple instructions on all objectives that were given to the employees, provided on the job training to all the employees who needed professional improvement while working in the field.

•Provided passengers with information about the local area and points of interest and gave advice on hotels, restaurants and other recommendations.

•Provided assistance to the front desk when needed, answered phones and provided excellent customer service.

•Picked up customers according to request, appointments and schedules.

•Communicated with the head dispatcher by radio in order to exchange information and received requests for passenger service.

I learned how to build up my customer service streingth and how to communicate with individuals.

I was taught about all the routes in Down Town Dallas so now i know Dallas routing as second nature.

Co-workers was great to get along with and fun to had worked with.

I really enjoyed the atmosphere / area i had worked in the Heart of Dallas.
Pros
good management, great pay, great learning experience.
Cons
contracted company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WeDriveU. Our community is ready to answer.