Weed Man Lawn Care Employee Reviews

Never even got paid lol
Telemarketing Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAFebruary 7, 2019
My name is Mark, I will publically disclose that they have ripped me off for my hours worked as a telemarketer. Don't waste your time guys. They dont pay.
Typical day at work
Lawn Technician (Current Employee) –  Middleton, WIFebruary 7, 2019
You work early in the morning around 6:30 am and you get off normally around 3:30 or 4. You usually are laying fertilizer or pulling a hose spraying Weed Control. It is outside and your typically on your own. You learn some marketing skill because different issues in someone's lawn occur and its our job to assess what is going on with it. From there you sell them correct stuff they need to fix a certain issue in the lawn. Typically 20 to 30 stops a day but it all depend how efficient you are on Lawns. Typically the Culture at Weedman is very good. The people your work with really make it worth while.
Pros
Flexible to important matters in your life or if you need to take time off.
Cons
Sometime rain gets you behind and also can effect how much you make
Not Good
Door to Door Sales (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 5, 2019
The job was not organized and the management staff was young and immature. There seemed to be favoritism and a lack of organization. Hopefully it has hanged since I left.
make no mistake, this is cold calling
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  kyJanuary 30, 2019
weedman is a total joke. they sucker you in with talk of "qualified leads". Then you hit the phones. after a few calls you realize that these people did not ask for a quote or a phone call at all. they are people that have asked for a quote up to 5 years ago. the management wants you to try all the sleazy sales tricks you can think of. at the end of the day, they have the highest prices in the industry and the customers are far more educated than they think.

if you are looking for a sales job. keep looking. weedman is NOT the place.
Pros
People were nice overall
Cons
money, cold calling, sleazy tactics.
Good at Heart, but not for advancement
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 24, 2019
A company that tries its best to provide honest competent service to its customers but places low importance on employee moral and advancement. Needs to modernize how it views human resources in today's changing culture
Amazing Work place comfortable and sex tv
Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Pflugerville, TXJanuary 21, 2019
definitely Reccomending To Any And/Or All bodies Not only the service is Deticational
With Employees and Team Member Warming Up smiles On Neighbors As We Continue For this is Not Soliciting
Pros
A Lot Of Travel time, Breakfast ON Occasion, New Method and learning techniques, New Proffesionalism
Cons
Outside Worl setting, In and Out expedite from neighborhoods to streets and Etc
Great Opportunity for Advancement
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYJanuary 10, 2019
I would recommend Weed Man to anyone who is looking for a fast paced environment where you are constantly rewarded and incentivized to grow your skills and customer base. Weed Man has provided me the opportunity to work my way up into a management position after we expanded to new territories. I hope to help more people have the same experience and career path as myself.
Pros
Fun, Challenging, Great Pay, Work Outside
Cons
Hard to Reach Goals
door knocking
Door Knocker (Former Employee) –  Maple, ONJanuary 3, 2019
I found the job a bit scared knocking to strangers houses and bothering them with subscribing to the company. Working hours knocking on doors gets boring and a little shy because some people don't like to be bothered.
Pros
not doing everything alone and kinda easy
Cons
working outside knocking on doors and bothering
Marketing Rep (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 18, 2018
I was sent home as my last day, the day of my 2 week notice.

Every paycheck I've never seen a consistent pay.

There were weeks when we were not able to work a full 40 hours.
Pros
Weed Man hosted a paid for summer month party at Top Golf
Cons
Basically you're working for a small business that has no guarantee on hours or being professional.
cool place
Salesperson/Lead Generator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 9, 2018
very big family feel. Freedom and great pay. The company allows you to plan and create your own schedule and even work from home depending on what position you have
Great Place to work. Only problem is that it is seasonal.
Lawn Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Fridley, MNNovember 27, 2018
Work was very simple. Get a company phone and truck at the beginning of the shift with a preset route for the day. Go out, spray weeds, spread fertilizer, come back when the work is done. I really liked this job for the fact that they pay based off the amount of work accomplished instead of a flat hourly pay. The days usually lasted longer than 8 hours and the pay usually averaged out between $15-20/hour. Can be very tiring walking thru yards all day but other than that It is very easy work. No thinking necessary.
Great job to have in the summer
Lawn Technician (Former Employee) –  Holland, OHNovember 19, 2018
Every one is nice they work with you when time is needed off a team working environment i recommend to people thats looking for a great summer job best job ive had in a while
Pros
Great money
Cons
Work independently
Working in Wheeling, IL Weedman was a lesson learned
LICENSED APPLICATOR/LAWN TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, ILNovember 15, 2018
This company is run by a franchisee (let's call him Brandy) to keep his identity anonymous) that has made decisions that affect the quality of service in a negative way that WEEDMAN provides. For example, our hoses for spraying weed control are 300ft in length yet I was assigned the sites that were too large (over 46,000 square feet) and required weed control in which the hose could not possibly reach the entire site. When I notified my immediate manager the details of this nothing changed, I was still given the sites two more times. The second time I recommended using a "rider" (a smaller mobile four wheeler with the ability to spray larger sites) but this recommendation was ignored. This decision obviously, inevitably and undoubtedly means the customer will have weeds growing on the portion of the property my hose can not reach. Knowing this I spoke with other members of the organization including "Brandy" so the lack of service would not fall on my shoulders. Unfortunately I recieved these properties multiple times. One had so much Wild Violet and ground Ivy (Creeping Charlie) it took me between 1-2 hours to spray and the hose would feel like carrying a 300lb man fully extended, and still I was not able to spray the entire property. I am 6'3, 230lbs and I don't know that my smaller coworkers would even be able to manage moving the hose under these circumstances so why was anyone expected to effectively complete these jobs was behind my comprehension. This problem led to me being fired by Brandy and my temporary unemployment being disrupted. This was a horrible work experience  more... and I can't understand how a franchise will allow a franchisee to control such a large region in such a manner.  less
Pros
The job didn't last long so i didn't waste too much of my life
Cons
Franchisee decisions and how his decisions affect everyone and everything he is in control of.
Good place to work depending on which crew
Door Knocker (Former Employee) –  Holt, MIOctober 30, 2018
The management would usually the mess up the schedule so you'd be either working a extra day or under working the days you said you could work. Most employees at weed man were great people but some would regularly do unaccepted things to do while working but management didn't really care enough to do anything about it
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
Poor management
n/a
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tomball, TXOctober 19, 2018
the company is fairly new there is a lot of thing that need to be work on , but for the most part management is great ................................
Best Company I Have Ever Worked For
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOOctober 4, 2018
I started out in a different position, and felt that I was not doing a good job in it, and that it wasn't the best use of my abilities. They suggested I switch to another department to make use of my prior experience. They went out of their way to make the position for me. It was amazing. I quickly worked my way up and became full-time, then Supervisor, and now I am the manager of my department. The company is amazing to work for. Their is such a great culture, huge room for advancement, and promotions based on ability and drive to succeed. It can be VERY hectic at times, and you can work long hours during peak periods, but you're well-compensated for it. This is the best company I have ever worked for, by far.
Pros
Benefits, room for advancement, merit-based promotions, salary
Cons
No dental or vision insurance
it was a interesting expereince
Doorknocker (Former Employee) –  MissouriOctober 4, 2018
So i take in alot of my surroundings so i adapt. This job helped me do it. honestly i can talk as fast as a jack rabbitt crazy i used to stutter. Even took speech class for it.
Good work enviroment
Crew Manager (Former Employee) –  Holly Springs, NCOctober 2, 2018
Good place to work. The people there are good people to work for. Hard work during the summer months. Really u make your own hours the faster you work the faster you get off.
Pros
Make own hours
Cons
Some days are long
yahh
Apparel Associate, back-up cashier, displays (Former Employee) –  dothan al 36301September 22, 2018
it was a good experience working here
the hours were good the staff was friendly i would recommend this job to anyone . i would still be an employee if i didn't move away
Pros
good hours
Cons
hot heat
Unprofessional
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTSeptember 11, 2018
The manager is very unprofessional and will fire your whole team without warning for no reason. He values his religious beliefs over his business and is very rude to people who do things against his religion even if they are customers
Pros
The work is pretty easy
Cons
Everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Weed Man Lawn Care. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight