Weed Man

Weed Man insights

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness

Cohesive, Team-Oriented Company with a Positive Culture

Featured review

Weed Man selected this as a representative review
I started at the ground level at this company and have found a lot of opportunity to advance and grow. Weed Man has a very strong culture of teamwork and continually developing their employees' knowledge and skills. Even with remote employment, Weed Man makes constant efforts to keep employees connected both during and outside of the workday.

Pros

Remote work, Pt0, Advancement opportunities

Started with lies ended in quitting

They will lie to you and will make up lies on why you deserve a strike. They use the 3 strike system so don't mess up 3 times. Some of the customers can be very rude but for the most part are nice. I would not recommend working search somewhere else

Pros

Paid holidays

Cons

Short breaks, condescending management

Fun place to work

Enjoyed it there, would recommend for someone interested in a seasonal sales job.Management is understanding and will help guide you through the process, constant training.

Rough work environment

I loved being employed by the administrative department of the business. However hard work and dedication is only recognized if you’re in one of the favored departments. Some personalities in the office can create a toxic work environment as well.

Pros

Great Administrative Department

Cons

Poor Office Management

I love my job!

I work for Weed Man in sales out of Lexington. I have read the reviews and felt that it important to mention, that this company doesn't hold your hand. You have to be willing to invest in yourself and want to succeed. They will provide unlimited guidance for you, but you have to be willing to do what is expected. This is an amazing company to work for. Everyone is friendly and moral is high. They offer fair compensation, you just have to be patient. All I can say is that I love working here. Go with your gut!

Pros

Remote options, supportive management.

Cons

It takes a a couple pay checks to get the money rolling. If you prepare you won't have a problem.

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

The owners care about their employees and want them to succeed at work and in their home life.

Weed Man is a great place to work. It provides opportunities for advancement and growth as a person. It is a team atmosphere and we all play a part in the success of the company. The owners are transparent and seek buy-in from all employees regardless of their position.

Good people and growth focused

This Weed Man is owned by a local family and they do a nice job of promoting a family culture. A few gatherings / parties every year that the company puts on. Also a fun Holiday Party up in the Wisconsin Dells to celebrate each year.

Excellent Work Environment

Weed Man Lawn Care is the best job that I have ever had. Given that I started as a lowly door knocker and have just been recently promoted to a Branch Manager I can safely say that if you pull on the rope together and grow great things can happen.The hardest part about this job is how much work we have to get done and given our current job climate this is a great problem to have. Being about to consistently and regularly give out customers the best lawn care is something we all strive for but it requires work to be completed on time.Management is flexible and always continuing to support all of their employees to make sure all their needs are meet. Given what I have learned from them and this company made me choose to stay here and continue to have the market share grow.

Pros

Excellent PTO and Health Benefits

Cons

Requires certifications for advancement

Great company to work for!!!

I have been with this company for 10 years now and have enjoyed every minute of it! This company is rapidly growing and providing new opportunities and growth at all levels. I would highly recommend working for this company

Pros

Opportunity

Management has wrong priorities

The management there was something else. All they cared about was their quota and what they needed to do. They don’t care if you have already committed to plans and the so called “sometimes Saturday” work shifts is a LIE you will work every weekend. The attention was always taken by the better ones and left you with no improvement and no time to work before they threaten to fire you. Leave while you have the chance!

Pros

Friends with coworkers

Cons

Everything else especially management

Not worth it at all.

Got fired cause I had medical emergencies at home, they knew that my partner and son had medical problems and said that it was okay if an emergency came up. They expect you to meet quota requirements right away after a so called 3 day training. Almost collapsed cause of cramps from the heat. Got fired a day after taking my son to the hospital.

Pros

Cons

Mandatory long sleeves no matter the heat.

Hard job with low payment

Job it’s easy to learn but the fact that you get paid by commission instead by hour makes it bad because sometimes you aren’t able to complete some jobs so there going to be days where you are making money and others where you don’t

Pros

Easy to learn, supportive environment

Cons

Low pay

Love my job

Been here for a long time and everyday I learn something new. The team environment is a huge part of the success and the resources we have are a great help.

Pros

Great benefits, team environment, rewarding results

Amazing company

Perfect job. Literally no complaints. The work environment is fun but also a place of business. Wouldn’t want to work anywhere else everyone is so amazing and caring.

Pros

Good pay, fun environment

Management is very poor

No one seems to care about their jobs at all. Half the company looks like they use substances and management doesnt care. They’ll make 2500 off of you while you make 100 for the day. Hard pass

Pros

You can do drugs and keep your job

Cons

No breaks. Sweat all day. Too much expectation for no compensation

Good starter sales

Leads are decent enough, and it’s pretty simple to sell lawn care. The management is really supportive and want you to succeed at the office and with your life overall. Great place to develop a good relationship

Pros

Great boss

Cons

Days feel long

Productive and fun workplace!

I started in January of 2021 and have loved working with weed man since then I have learned a lot of things I did not previously know! Great company to work for! Managers are great and very helpful!

Pros

Co workers, being outside, managers, starting work early!

Cons

Can be a little bit disorganized at times!

Very good

very very good. i love grass. i eat the weeds. pay very good. boss-man very good. very tasty job. would recommend to all who enjoy flavorful taste of weeds.

Pros

weed

Cons

sometimes weed bad

Sales Sales and Lack of Transparency

They promise high earnings, good work life balance, opportunity to grow, which are all lies unless you sell sell sell. I was hired as a technician but realized you can’t do your job well and get paid accordingly unless you sell sell sell. Don’t recommend and can’t get straight forward answers about pay.

Pros

Surprise management visits while working

Cons

No transparency of pay and wrong amount on check

The managers and employees at this company operate like a family that gets the job done efficiently and effectively.

The general manager is stern yet understanding meaning he’s willing to cooperate with any employee developing a schedule that not only fits the candidate but the company. The pay is amazing with many opportunities of advancement in careers whether you’re applying for the pest control portions of the company or the lawn care section. The technicians are motivated and excel in meeting their quotas and production. Overall the company is full of hardworking, professional people and is a great way to learn more about the industries they service. I would definitely recommend applying at this company if you’re looking for a career you can build with and great managers as well as co-workers.

Pros

Career advancement, professional environment, excellent management

Great place to start a career!!

Weed Man has been a blessing in my life. I have met some great people on my journey at Weed Man. I have been with the company for 5 years. I look forward to another 25 years. This is a great place to work!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Weed Man. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

2.4
InHerSight Score
2.4Personal Development
2.6Career Opportunities
2.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight