WEG Electric Corp Employee Reviews

Not much
Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  IndianaJuly 31, 2019
Company wise has its own brand name and lot of standards for designing new type of machines.
All ll be fine if they treat as family means. But management treating employed as a slaves. That will be impacting on the employed and moving every one to other companies
Terrible place to work!
Core Assembler (Former Employee) –  Washington, MOJuly 11, 2019
Do not go here, HR lies when you are injured on the job. If you get your skin and muscles pulled off like a glove from your hand they say you had a pinched finger! LIES
Productive and fun work place with ping pong table
Application Engineer - Low Voltage Motors (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAFebruary 23, 2019
From the president of the company, having fun at work was preached on a daily basis. There was a ping pong table in the break room. I had an opportunity to visit the manufacturing plants in Brazil and Mexico. It was very easy to contact the manufacturing plants, there was always a prompt reply from the contacts.
Pros
Travel opportunities
Cons
The pay could be better
Exciting Growth-Oriented Company
Sales (Current Employee) –  TexasFebruary 7, 2019
WEG has grown tremendously over the last 10 years especially. It is a company built on sales growth, so sometimes having a defined structure or procedure to things, and company culture are lacking. However, WEG is all in all a great place to work. Great, hardworking people. It truly is a global company with strong ties to Brazil.
Pros
Aggressive Growth
Cons
Aggressive Growth
Remote employee
M.E./ Senior Staff Engineer (Current Employee) –  Barre, VTNovember 3, 2018
I work remotely but try to maintain a schedule that aligns with that of my colleagues in the office. Being away from the office it can be hard to stay current on all of the issues. As such it is important to hold web-calls regularly, which can be challenging because meeting time takes away from my productive hours.
Pros
Working from home office.
Cons
Working from home office.
Fast paced operation
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILAugust 16, 2018
The tempo of the operation was the best part of the job, with both inbound and outbound responsibilities. The most difficult part of the job was the staffing situation, with nearly 50% temporary workforce
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Staffing issues
WEG is a well managed and very steady financially
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAMay 9, 2018
WEG is the fastest growing company in our industry. Management is very accessible both in the US and Brazil.
WEG is very strong financially and a lot of investments are being made in order to maintain our growth.

Great human culture. Named one of the most innovative companies in the world by the Boston Consulting Group.

There is a lot of room to be creative and propose new and better ways to do things.
Pros
Culture, potential for growth, very strong financially
Wouldn't work there ever again
Quality Control Supervisor, Automation (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAMay 9, 2018
Unless you are Brazilian, don't even bother. They won't promote you unless you speak Portuguese. Management is all male. I learned a lot but nothing "official". They would not send you to classes to get certified. They want to run the company like the US market is the same as Brazil's.
Management had no clue
Sales (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAMarch 17, 2018
some management not competitive but allowed to stay on while qualified sales people released across the board - management style and scope changed drastically - division hadn't made a profit since inception
Pros
good products
Cons
poor management - no job security
Very good place to work
Intern (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 13, 2018
Amazing place to work, you can have the best time working rever there, because there is always news things to learn, also the envoriment is so good that you wanna stay there all the time.
Consuming and Stressful
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAFebruary 2, 2018
This position was consuming and stressful and no real feed back was ever provided. They did not have metrics or anything to measure your success. They did not make efforts to see you succeed.
Cons
Stressful and Low pay
It is a good place to work
Application Engineer / Transformers (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJanuary 29, 2018
I worked in the motor division when I stated at WEG and for four years then moved to the transformers division. working at WEG was fun and challenging at time.
Pros
Great people to work for
Cons
No more work for me
Amazing Place to Work!!
Database Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GANovember 24, 2017
I was with WEG for just over 10 years and it is was the most amazing place to work. My Management and co-workers are wonderful - I have created life long friendships with everyone!
Lack of good managment gets you laid off periodicly
Winder Operator (Current Employee) –  Washington, MOOctober 4, 2017
I actually like my job there but the top managment is terrible they dont take responsibility for when things go wrong and dont habe backup plans overall the pay and benefits are good but the about half of the people there are just trying to get you fired so they dont look as bad
Pros
Pay benefits
Cons
Managment and flexibility of the company
WEG Electric
Forklift Operator/Shipping & Receiving (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILSeptember 26, 2017
What I loved about this job was the pace of it. It was very busy and it was a fun place to work. The environment was peaceful even when the workload was huge. I loved the fact that the management allowed us to work at our pace with helping us meet every deadline. It was very manager involved.
Slow Pace
Database Analyst (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAAugust 28, 2017
Complicated work but slow pace environment. Hard to retain information learned if not used daily. Great international working experience. Lake of interaction with management.
Pros
work from home
Cons
negative co-workers
Transformers Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAAugust 3, 2017
International company, intercultural with many chances of personal growing and a very good working environment. The office is very comfortable and the people is very friendly.
Productive and fast growing international company
HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAMarch 28, 2017
Great company to work. The headquarter is located in Brazil and they have sales branches and factories all over the world. I've learned a lot about the products. The company has a friendly work environment.
Lazy workers and very little advanced to move up
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILFebruary 27, 2017
Management is a joke ,don't take you serious. Been working here for a year and havent been given a chance to move up. Mostly the boot lickers are given those postions. The year alone alot of hard workers left to bad structure within the company.
Pros
Long lunch
Cons
Bad management, no structure, lazy workers
Analyst Contractor
QA Warranty Analyst (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJanuary 20, 2017
Good company, everyone very friendly. Extensive training provided. The company is largest company in Brazil but the USA operations are in Duluth. I learned a lot here, contract position for me.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WEG Electric Corp. Our community is ready to answer.