Wegmans Employee Reviews

Found 2,389 reviews matching the search See all 2,395 reviews
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Largo, MDFebruary 23, 2019
A day at Wegmans is a typical day at work. I learned a lot being there because I go in through the help of my school and you learn a lot during the process being educated. The management was an organized group effort and this can also be described as a technique of leadership and decision making. For the most part, pickiness in customers can be stressful. I handled things like this on a constant basis, the actual job itself isn't difficult. The most enjoyable part of the job had to be the compliments I would get from customers rating me on my performance and submitting it to my managers, it made me gain confidence in myself and have better customer service.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short breaks
would not recommend a career at wegmans
Bakery Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Town of Perinton, NYFebruary 22, 2019
I would not recommend a career at wegmans (at least in the Rochester market)
For starters if you finally relieve a full time position you are giving up your nights, weekends, holidays, and pretty much have to be available 24/7. All for inconsistent scheduling and low wages. If you receive a customer service full time position the starting wages are 12.50 an hour.. you can currently walk into many fast food restaurants, grocery stores, or Walmart who will start at $13+ (and that’s for part time) I know part time employees who have worked for the company for over 10+ years that are currently making $11-$12 an hour. Aside from low wages you will experience heavy turnover which in return your department without a doubt with be short staffed. So management will expect you to work twice as hard and put the pressure on you to stay late. It is very common employees will work through their lunches or take them at the very end of their shifts. Upper management and corporate are very biased and lack communication. Corporate will come in unannounced and only speak to managers they will stare into your department like a fish bowl. I hope you like change. A lot of promotions happen with out job postings through out the company. Wegmans wants you to believe that they are one of the top employers in the US but unfortunately they pay to be apart of the Fortune 500 study and only newer employees receive the survey to review their positions. I’ve worked for the company two separate times and I deeply regret returning. I would only recommend working at wegmans part time because you can have a
  more... limited availability and won’t have added pressure.  less
Cons
low wages, inconsistent scheduling, lack of communication, poor management
Quality rewarding place to work, the Disneyland of grocery stores.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MarylandFebruary 21, 2019
Wegman's is a quality place to work, because of its top notch product offerings, consistent training, and opportunity for advancement. The wage that we were paid was good with fair raises. The opportunity to be creative was rewarding to fill the customers high expectations. The environment was positive and employee freindly with a emphasis on top notch customer service
Fun placecto work
Pizza Maker/Cook (Current Employee) –  Medford, MAFebruary 20, 2019
I started at wegmans in 2018 as a part time pizza maker .I excelled at my job got fulltime with in a year ,in that year I received a 3 dollar raise .I also cross trained in the sub department.which I've done also at market basket. Overall good place to work with chances to move up .
Pros
Learned alot in the past year
Cons
Need more people in certain departments
Awesome place to work! Especially while in school!
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Gambrills, MDFebruary 20, 2019
Wegmans is an awesome place to work! I enjoy the student worker option they have for those that are in college! It allows to to work over breaks and holidays!
Good work environment,
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Webster, NYFebruary 19, 2019
Management is always willing to help; they actively care about each individual. They are very generous to their employees by making sure there's food in the break room for those that need it. Employees are rewarded for going above and beyond and they celebrate company successes by recognizing their employees.
Pros
Free lunch, counseling, employee coupons, very flexible schedule, scholarships, employee assist program, full time benefits
Cons
The occasional unpleasant customer
Part-time cashier
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Montgomeryville, PAFebruary 19, 2019
Assigned as cafe cashier - sales of beer, wine, restaurant food. Restocking cashier supplies as needed. Provide excellent customer service. Wegman's cares about its employees. My biggest complaint is that we are short-staffed and I feel we don't receive enough support from management when we are very busy.
Pros
Great atmosphere / co-workers
Cons
Short-staffed; lacking in management support
Good, stable company to work for
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Ithaca, NYFebruary 18, 2019
interaction with customers is a must. ability to be trained across different sections of the store. advancement is competitive but possible. Coworkers were a good bunch of people
Pros
coworkers; customer relation experience
Cons
wages
Wegmans routine
Maintenance/Porter (Former Employee) –  Township of Ocean, NJFebruary 16, 2019
It was a decent place, the HR stayed on top of things including misuse of authority by upper management, start pay was ok with gradual pay raise throughout ....
When I needed time off, very inflexible with working with me,
It could have been more enjoyable ...
Pros
non
Cons
little to no advancment
Great place to work consistenlty
Front End Manager (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 16, 2019
Wegmans is consistently ranked at the top of Forbes 100 Best Companies to work for list for good reason. They are caring and ahead of the curve in taking care of their employees.
Pros
Part time benefits, caring
Cons
Satured leadership group.
It was a nice place to work for
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJFebruary 15, 2019
They paid well, and icnluded many benefits. The managers were nice and understanding. I learned how to work in a fast paced environment. A typical workday consisted of working the cash register as well as answering any questions or concerns from the customers.
Rough customers, rough management
Part Time Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAFebruary 12, 2019
I like the people I work with. The customers are a tough bunch. They're either old/cranky, shifty/cranky or just plain cranky. I really enjoy my coworkers. Management could use an overhaul. Store managers and humam resources aren't the most helpful or pleasant. I used to really like it here, now it's just a place to get a paycheck.
Pros
Coworkers, occasional free food
Cons
Cranky customers, low morale, not so nice managers
High School / College
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 11, 2019
Great job in High School / College. Very good with working around schedule and transferring between stores depending on where you were located. It's been over 11 years however since I worked there.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Friendly Work Environment
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 8, 2019
All of your co-workers understand that customers can be rude and give support and advice to deal with them. The hardest part of working there is the customers can be rude and expect you to be perfect.
Pros
Over minimum wage pay
Cons
Can be clique-y
great
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDFebruary 8, 2019
Amazing company to work for, 100% recommend it for people looking for their first job. Ability to move up, but you HAVE to do the work. Great people and a great environment. If you’re someone who needs/wants variety and/or constant change versus doing the same or almost the same thing everyday, then this may not be the place for you. Working at a grocery store is more exciting than you would think.
Great Company To Work For
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAFebruary 7, 2019
Pros
Benefits, discounts, pays well, employee recognition
Cons
Repetitive, rude customers (sometimes)
Outstanding Place to work and very friendly environemnt to be in.
Full Time Customer Service Seafood (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJFebruary 6, 2019
Great place to work. Very friendly people are employed at wegmans and that in turn makes a daily work day very fun and productive. And the opportunities for promotion are frequent.
Not a good place to work
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Westwood, MAFebruary 5, 2019
People say this job is like working with family. Thats right because they are the only people you will see. There is no work life balance. Its Wegmans or nothing. Management is absolutely horrible! They are all under the age of 30 with no life experience. Way too many chiefs and not enough indians. Co workers in bakery are more concerned about drama and very clicky. The management plays favorites which is completely noticeable. Not a good place to work.
Pros
pay
Cons
no home life; horrible managemebt
Productive And Fast Paced Workplace
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, NYFebruary 2, 2019
Wegmans is a good place to work if you don't mind working in a fast paced environment.When I was working there I learned cleaning skills.The most enjoyable part of the job was working together as a team to get everything done.
Pros
Friendly co-workers and management
Cons
short breaks
A Good company to work for
Full Time Baker (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAFebruary 2, 2019
All around Wegmans is a good company to work for. They have good benefits a high starting pay. They offer advancement within the company and don't go off a seniority. However there are some areas for improvement in management.
Pros
good Benefits, good pay, advancement, fun environment, caring employers
Cons
management could use work in certain areas

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wegmans. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2
51.2K

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight