Wegmans Employee Reviews

Very stressful working in bakery
Bakery Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJDecember 7, 2017
Manager doesn't seem to care about certain departments. Not willing to hire new employees even when others have quit. Overworked employees. Morale is way down.
Friendly management but lack of movement opprotunity.
Frozen Foods Stocker (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 6, 2017
When first hired, promises of easy mobility around the store were promised, but after working there for over a year those promises were not kept. Friendly co-workers and management however. They made you feel valued not just as an employee but a member of a team.
Pros
Multiple breaks.
Cons
Not a lot of hours to go around at times.
Fantastic.
Prepared Foods Team Member (Former Employee) –  Erie, PADecember 6, 2017
Managers were great. Overall atmosphere was relaxed yet quick paced. Most customers were happy. Frequent meetings keep employees informed. Managers work great around your schedule.
Pros
Great treatment
Cons
Lol none.
Children Struggle in Father's Footsteps
Front End, OSS, Cafe, and Maintenace Employee (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, NYDecember 5, 2017
I should refrain from speaking negatively as my observations and calling-it-straight-attestations require my honesty, although perhaps for another person of less ambitious temper the place would suit them better. They are just horribly over rated is the truth. The prices aren't nearly as low as they used to be in the preceding two decades, their corporate culture feels forced and pushy, trying to make sure every item is as close to gluten free, quote unquote organic and full of soy as humanly and legally possible, they struggle locally getting objectives done because the wider programs within their federation induce a feeling of hopelessness, uniformity, and entrapment from individual agency and liberty, in all of the managers without fail, stilting their creative capacities to make their own solutions void higher, prior approval. If i's are dotted and t's crossed well they'll fair well on their quarterly reports but they cannot alter signage, competitive pricing, or requests for emergent situations without referring to a book or doctrine like protocol. They are unfair to the women shamefully too, an object I've observed as against relatives and intimate persons. Just go to TARGET.
Pros
A wide variety of premium merchandise
Cons
An outdated corporate culture and high prices
Fast-paced and enjoyable
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDDecember 5, 2017
A typical day at Wegmans is clocking and beginning to take on a usual rush of customers for a certain period of time. Breaks are given every two hours
Good place for some, but not for me.
Team Leader - Deli Department (Former Employee) –  MarylandDecember 2, 2017
Every day consisted of being pulled in eight different directions all day long, non stop. Four different managers I was equally held accountable to, and our staff was overworked and underappreciated. The expectations for our department were unreasonable with management's performance abilities.
Pros
Engaged with employees, genuine concern for welfare
Cons
Too many expectations, poor time management
Great for part time work
Bulk Foods Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDDecember 2, 2017
Wegmans is a great place to learn and grow.
Management is hit or miss.
The people you work with are great.
Hardest part of the job is meeting managers expectations with very limited resources.
Canandaigua Wegmans: Dairy department
Dairy Stocker (Former Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYDecember 2, 2017
Wegmans is a GREAT place to work while your in High school, College, or retired. Other than that, it's no good. It's extremely political to advance in any direction in order to make more money, and those who do, don't leave those positions ever! Regardless of performance, which does not allow for movement for possibly more potential candidates. They also try very hard to keep you under full-time hours so that they don't have to pay benefits. So, even if you could/wanted work more hours, they wouldn't let you. Biggest perk, it's an appropriate place to work while you go to school or retire. Biggest con, in any other situation, it's a dead end and difficult to live on as main source of income.
Pros
It's a great place for High schoolers, college kids, and retirees
Cons
No good for anyone else. Stale career potential
Productive and a relaxed enviornment
Cashier/Pizza Department (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 1, 2017
I have been at Wegmans for going on 8 years and the people there are fantastic. They are always reasonable with things that are going on with your personal life and also every one gets along and it makes it easier for people to communicate with each other. Wegmans is all about making the costumer happy.
Pros
free meals with costumer compliaments
Cons
short breaks
Good Pay is the only thing that will keep you holding on!
Cook 3 (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDNovember 30, 2017
I worked at the Owings Mills, MD store and the pay was great! Executive chief was racist and obnoxious. He was very touchy feely. Full time hours are all over the place. No set schedule. They have picks on who they arent as hard on
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Management and no for a time life outside of work
Normally busy, irregular hours.
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYNovember 29, 2017
Wegmans is a great place to work because they will schedule you around your availability, any time off, and around school. They offer a scholarship which is a great help. The only negative is the poor management.
Cons
Short to no breaks.
Great Company
Part-time Nature's Marketplace Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brockport, NYNovember 28, 2017
Wegman's was a great company to work for. they truly care about you as a person, rather than an employee. I loved the company and I loved what they stood for, but the lock of hours was a downfall.
Great Place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDNovember 28, 2017
Great people to work with. Very understandable about life situations. Cashiering was sometimes slow but I loved working in the floral department, they were great people.
Pros
Breaks, Coworkers, Flexible
Cons
Scheduling, Management
Inconsistent hours.
Deli Worker (Former Employee) –  James street Syracuse, nyNovember 28, 2017
The deli is short staffed always. Hours become inconsistant. Some days are 5 hour shifts others 8. Due to hoursanf availability I was stuck working Thursday, Friday, sat, Sunday, Monday nights when I specified at least one weekend night due to family obligations. I was also put into closing leadership position after only 3 months. The deli training was horrible. I got one day in a computer lab and didn't finish all the tasks. Thrown onto the counter next day and told to just work.
Pros
Company rewards employees with meals monthly in break room, friendly staff
Cons
Scheduling was outside my availability often, no training, no discount
A very fun working atmosphere
Sandwich Maker (Former Employee) –  Glen Mills, PANovember 27, 2017
Sandwich making was fun you build the sandwiches of the customers choice and package it up for purchase . The customers really enjoy the subs made by wegmans.
A great place but terrible pay
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Cicero, NYNovember 26, 2017
I loved working at wegmans. It was like a family however it was almost impossible to get a full time position and your hours were never steady. 35 hours one week and sometimes 12 the next...great for high school and college kids but no for someone that needs ti support themselves.
Great Place to Work difficult with Children
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Lanham, MDNovember 26, 2017
I love working here but the hours are difficult because I have small children. I need more consistent hours. The schedule is planned 2 weeks in advance but its hard to coordinate childcare. I need to work a set schedule.
Pros
Management, pay, work
Cons
work schedule
very fast paced at time
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Downingtown, PANovember 26, 2017
wegmans was a good work experience. it is a 24 hour grocery store so options to work at any time. management was great and made sure to give proper training no matter what department you worked in
A customer-Centered service Company
Customer Service Staff (Current Employee) –  Gambrills, MDNovember 26, 2017
Wegman was a nice place to work. Managers and supervisorsn are very well trained. Employees are as well very well trained. The company's culture is based on teamwork and respect.
Employees get training since the very first day. A general orientation for new employees is scheduled. There is also an individual training that each employee is invited to go through. Each employee gets the personal feedback of the training to allow every one to know where he(she) stands.
After the training, the work gets easy since an employee feels like being the master of individual responsibilities. When employees deal with customers, there are some expectations. The high standard service to offer is a must for all.
Our service was customer- centered. Every one has to work to satisfy the customer at the maximum. We worked as a team. Managers and supervisors were part of that teamwork. That was where the job at Wegman looked wonderful at every step.
Pros
It was a wonderful job experience where employees can grow
Cons
The company offered less full time job opportunities
Productive and fun work place
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDNovember 25, 2017
I learned a lot working with my associates. The customers are very friendly and are very aware of what they want when coming into the store. I feel that the pay is well and the management are doing a fantastic job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wegmans. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3