Wegmans Employee Reviews

Fast Paced
Cashier/ coordinator (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, VAAugust 14, 2018
Plenty of friendly faces, always fast paced, good management, any concerns were always managed, lots of new people to meet, Customers were friendly, overall kind atmosphere.
Busy and productive workplace
Breads Seller (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAAugust 14, 2018
Typical day involved baking based on volume of customers that day, which can be difficult at times due to unpredictability. Yet, I managed well for myself with minimal help. Management was average, most managers let me be since we understood I was able to do my job effectively with no managerial supervision. Since taking this job after my high school graduation, I've learned how to manage time more effectively while on the clock, how to communicate with customers and others more clearly and calmly, and that drama still arises in workplaces and how to deal with it. The most enjoyable part of the job is communicating with others and the days when I leave knowing I did a good job
Pros
Holiday pay on Sundays, flexible scheduling
Awesome place to work
Pharmacy Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 13, 2018
It was a great place to work. Management was amazing and understanding. The culture was very team oriented and made you feel included in everything. Awesome food in the cafeteria. It was well worth it.
A great place to work.
Cashier/Perpare Foods (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAAugust 13, 2018
I must say working at Wegmans was a really good experience for me.
A day at Wegmans, I would have to assist the chef by putting the food out on the bars. There are three bars. I would have to keep the bars looking clean and the food fresh at all times. Each dish has to be temp and weight. I would have to help customers with any question they may have about the food if I don't know I will find someone who can help them.
The workplace culture is that we treat each other with respect, no matter the position they have.
The hardest part of my job is the long hours on my feet, but I still enjoy going to work every day.
The most enjoyable part is the food, It's healthy stuff, and that's what I love.
Pros
Each mths we get digital coupons more than the customers.
Cons
The break are really to short.
Good work experience
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Fairmount, NYAugust 13, 2018
Good working place to gain personal skills and learn to interact with new people. Develop skills to use in everyday life like talking to people , learning to adapt to new things and overall gain personal skills
Pros
Digital coupons
Cons
Rude customers
A very productive and bright environment full of smiles
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAAugust 13, 2018
A typical day at work for me was to clock in five minutes before my schedule time and go to the podium to check in with a manager and receive which register to go to. Then I go to accounting to receive a till. I learned communication skills and learned how to deal with difficult situations. The most difficult part of the job was standing for the long periods of time. The most enjoyable part of my job is learning to communicate with a various amount of people.
Pros
dis counted drinks, movie tickets, park tickets and many more.
Cons
standing for long periods of time
The mighty have fallen
Full Time Seafood Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAAugust 12, 2018
Wegman's, seven years ago, was a great community to work within, had amazing communication from the top to the bottom. Wegman's today, is a mystery. There is a cagey shadow-land of hiding things from their employees, and there is little that anyone can truly learn about how things work therein. Apart from the rise of truly incompetent leadership, the pay-scale is unchanged from seven years ago forcing Wegman's to fall behind in the wages category as well. After the previous CEO stepped down and his daughter took his place, things seem to have truly fallen apart on the employee care end of things.
Awesome Place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAAugust 11, 2018
I worked as a part time cashier and hostess at the Wegmans in Charlottesville, VA. After leaving a horrible experience at Kilwins (creepy boss), I had little cashier experience but was welcomed and thoroughly trained by the people of Wegmans. I would consider working for them again in the future.
Pros
Treat their employees very well
Cons
Long hours on your feet
The best company to work for!
Seafood Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Short Pump, VAAugust 10, 2018
Great management, beautiful stores, and a wonderful experience. Each day brings new challenges and experiences in giving customers our very best, every day.
Pros
Beautiful work atmosphere with the best coworkers imagineable.
great company
Cashier (Current Employee) –  dullesAugust 10, 2018
wegmans is a great company to work for at any stage. they provide lots of opportunities to move up, and they pay fairly. $10.55 starting rate for cashiers
Pros
discounts. pretty quiet at night
Cons
very busy sometimes. pharmacists can make more elsewhere
Excellent place to work
Front End Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 10, 2018
If you live in the Rochester area then you know the reputation Wegmans has. Every good thing that is said about Wegmans is true, & they really live by “Everyday you get our best.” It’s a great place to learn an assortment of different skills whether you see yourself staying there long term or not. If you’re in school and wanna work part time it’s a great choice because they really care about education & have no problem being flexible because of that. Not to mention the scholarship & other great benefits they offer. If you want to work somewhere that makes you feel good about helping people, then Wegs is the place to be.
STRESSFUL / for young and single people / great co-workers / good food but not free or discounts for employees
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDAugust 9, 2018
It was a nice experience, made some friends, but its not for me, for my age. Working in retail is for young and single people, I have learned. But met some nice people and we made a real team work together!
Pros
Nice benefits
Cons
High stress level
great job
Cashier Part-Time (Former Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYAugust 9, 2018
fun environment. great coworkers, good management, flexible schedules, always considered time off requests. a good place to work. easy upward mobility to have a career.
it is an okay place to work at.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAAugust 8, 2018
I did not enjoy working at Wegmans very much. The management is poorly educated, they don't follow many of their own rules, and favoritism plays a big role in how things are ran. the ups are on holidays we would get paid 1 more an hour and the schedule was flexible up in to certain times of the year.
Pros
dollar more on sundays
Cons
management
Amazing place to work!
Seafood Clerk/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAAugust 8, 2018
A typical day would be high-paced and will include some challenges that can be overcome easily within the day. Time will fly by fast and many people will start to get to know you. This is a great job to start off with since it teaches the basic principles of costumer service with a family owned company. Depending on which department one works at, the employees answer to the head manager of that department and the team leader. There are many hard parts of a general job but for wegmans, it can be different things since an employee can move around from different departments. The most enjoyable is the people that wegmans hires. Some employees are the most kindhearted people you'll meet and happy to help at any occasions.
Pros
Relaxed, Experience
productive workplace
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Pottsville, PAAugust 7, 2018
Worked part-time while going to school. Managers were very flexible with school hours or any date that you needed off. Pay was decent, even better if you're working full time.
Wegman's Food Markets
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PA 17050August 7, 2018
Wegman's was my first job. I have worked there since I was 17 and I am a current employee. I started as a cashier and now I work as a Customer Service Rep at the Service Desk. I have also worked in the Deli department and the KBS product demos. The atmosphere and people are the greatest thing about Wegman's. Everyone really seems to love what they do and those that they work with.

The benefits are also good. For full time employees, there is a 401K program, employee specific digital coupons, as well as health benefits. For a part time employee such as myself, I have access to the employee digital coupons. I also have the Wegman's scholarship which works great for me. I go to an unaccredited school and it is very difficult to receive financial aid.
Fun, laid back, friendly
Dairy Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Pittsford, NYAugust 7, 2018
My days working at Wegmans were usually fun but that is because I had a great manager and kids around my age 19-28 that I worked with. We all got along and had fun which makes a huge difference in how your day will go and if you enjoy what you are doing. I've learned a lot on how to deal with people, time management, organizing, and ordering. The hardest part of the job is if there is a poor manager that doesn't know what they are doing and also when you receive 3 different loads a day and have to work them all, especially during the holidays.
Not the land of milk and honey they sell themselves as
Grocery (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 7, 2018
Really, Wegmans sounds better as an idea than in practice. Very top down control, lots of walls between departments (not a lot of "getting along"), very mechanical, almost robotic processes, not fond of the cultish air it seems to inspire. A good place to work for some, but for those who like being able to use their own brains and think on their own, not a great place.
Pros
Pay
Wonderful Place to work for
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 6, 2018
Wegmans is a wonderful place to work for. Working there you become a family. Management looks out for you and always wants your best interest. I have grown a lot in my 8 years with the company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wegmans. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2
51.1K

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight