Wegmans Employee Reviews

Found 2,307 reviews matching the search See all 2,312 reviews
Relaxed, yet competitive and family-like work place
Produce Associate (Former Employee) –  Geneva, NYDecember 14, 2018
Wegmans is an amazing and fast-growing company that cares dearly about their employees and its customers. The family-like connections between the customers and employees and the employees with themselves make Wegmans a unique and amazing place to work at!
Pros
Provided food to make lunch, strict compliance with labor laws, friendly professional management
Cons
It was a job at first and that's all it would have ever been.
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 14, 2018
I started working for Wegmans part time during high school in 1996 in the grocery department, in 2000 I went fulltime working overnights. I went to at least 4 different locations throughout the 13 years I was there. It was a job, it was work. It was an environment where you were constantly moving. Some coworkers were cool, others were head strong jerks. The management was the same way. It all depends on the people anywhere you work. For the most part it was okay but I had the feeling throught the first few years of being full time that this was something I did not want to do forever. In late 2008 I had a kidney transplant and was out for a few months. After I was able to work again I had to be transfered to another store and it was one I did not want to be at because the supervisor was horrible. A few times this supervisor would tell me how slow and lazy I was and at one point I had it and yelled at him. He told me to leave and that was my last night there. It was not the way I wanted my years to end with the company. Maybe it was better this way. I ended working at Tops for over a year but soon after I became a security officer (something I always wanted to be involved in). Now after 7 years of being a regular officer I am an assisstant supervisor and couldn't be more happy. I teach and help the other guards and learn from them as well. So as far as Wegamans goes, I believe it's mostly for high schoolers and college students, part timers and retired folk. Praise Jesus!
Pros
Pay raises, benefits and sometimes free food
Cons
Coworkers not always working as a team, management was horrible
selected items for wegmans stores
selector (Former Employee) –  Minersville, PADecember 13, 2018
picked and filled orders for stores made sure items were not broke or leaking cleaned up your area sweaped the floor when slow and made sure your flat truck was running right
Fast-paced and friendly
Sub Shop Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDDecember 12, 2018
Wegmans could be compared to a Disneyland of grocery stores- except that the employees enjoy their work as much as the customers enjoy the product and service. There is a major focus on incredible customer service with short courses and training in every department. Managers, team leaders, and HR tend to be understanding should you need more or less hours. If you feel the need for a change, they allow you to get a new job in the company without hassle.
Not bad overall
Front End Cashier/Helping Hands (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJ 07095December 12, 2018
The front end is a bit fast paced and times, other times its a tad bit slow. Overall it's a good company to work for. Wegmans really cares about their employees.
Great opportunity
Customer Care Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 12, 2018
Enjoyed my time at Wegmans.
They supported my college career by offering me a scholarship.
A diverse environment and friendly staff .
Most importantly their products are great.
No advancement, poor management
Wine Consultant & Department Receiver (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VADecember 11, 2018
prefer not to write one. worked very hard there with no advancement and poor management. They treat their hourly employees as expendable. There is a lot of favoritism.
Productive fun place to work
Service Representative (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Northborough, MADecember 11, 2018
Flexible and welcoming. This company cares about the employees first no matter what position you are in. Family oriented and a great environment to work in.
Professional and collaborative environment
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Easton, PADecember 10, 2018
Everyone works well together and is always willing to help out! We are able to collaborate and share ideas for decorating cakes and desserts. We all share responsibilities and it is a positive work environment.
Great to work for with fair management.
Overnight Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Penfield, NYDecember 10, 2018
My experience at Wegman's was rewarding. They were the no. 1 company to work for in 2005. Unfortunately, I had to leave to due medical concerns. Developed new skills, especially customer care.
Pros
Good management. Good work environment.
Cons
Great place to work if you are in school
Bulkfood manager (Former Employee) –  Glen Mills, PADecember 10, 2018
If in school they care about you than old work than working for years they get the best opened and first manager job and more pay better hours old people most work at night
Pros
If work hard they will take you
Cons
If old person they care about
Great Place To Work
Warehouse Laborer (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 10, 2018
A great company to work for with great benefits and job stability/security. I especially liked the culture that encourages you to attain better positions within the company.
Pros
Good Company Culture
Very good wegmans
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VADecember 8, 2018
Wegmans is what all of us wish we could have in an employer. Seriously, it has everything. This, that, plus they pay you! what more could you want as an employee.
First job
FRONT END CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VADecember 6, 2018
Decent first job experience, management was lackluster and micromanaged too much. Good pay and benefits, good coworkers. Flexible scheduling. Hard to get time off.
N/a
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Webster, NYDecember 5, 2018
it a good company to work for. You can move to different parts of the store to work after 6 months of being so you can learn new things. It has its pros and con like work place
CREW MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MADecember 4, 2018
I enjoyed working there, and everybody treated me fairly. I hated leaving and wished things had gone differently. the pay was more than fair and everyone respected me.
Pros
fare pay
A poor place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Germantown, MDDecember 4, 2018
A typical day at work was standing at a cash register for hours at a time with little movement. The managers got upset even when you asked to use the restroom. The breaks were too short compared to the hours worked. And the hours were not flexible at all.
good
Cashier, Customer Assistance (Former Employee) –  Elmira, NYDecember 1, 2018
good experience. First job as cashier. I learnt and had a great time. civil, nice company to work for. I am happy to have worked for them and looking forward to whats next
busy environment
Barista (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDNovember 29, 2018
A typical day involved brewing coffee, making specialty coffee drinks, and retrieving supplies from the back of the store. I learned how to make cafe lattes and cappuccino. It was a multitasking job were I also had to make breakfast sandwiches.
Cons
short breaks
Great Place to Work and Advance
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Montvale, NJNovember 29, 2018
Wegman's is definitely a place you would want to work. If your still in college looking for some extra money while going to school, Wegman's is a great option. Also, if you are retired and looking for some work, Wegman's is also a great fit. They provide benefits and very flexible hours with numerous job opportunities within the store. Everyone that works with you in that store will be some of the friendliest, kind, and hardworking people you know.
Pros
More often than not a free lunch in the breakroom
Cons
Little bit of a short lunch but not a major downside at all (30 minutes)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wegmans. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2
51.2K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Wegmans.

Powered by Comparably