Wegmans Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
51.1K
Found 2,062 reviews matching the search See all 2,067 reviews
Wegs, it's a way of life...
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  New York StateJuly 16, 2018
I worked at Wegmans for almost 10 years, and over those years, a lot had changed and not for the good. The company itself became so large and so corporate that it was truly a miserable place to work. I swear they brainwash their employees to love Wegmans and feel as if their life is all about Wegmans. I understand we are in the retail industry, however a family owned company doesn't close their doors on holidays? Not to mention, the work environment was way too stressful...hello, it's a grocery store, we're not saving lives. I will say that I enjoyed my time working for the company and really, I stayed for the people, however towards the end of my time, I couldn't wait to move on because it was way too long.
Pros
Co-workers, free stuff, discounts, somewhat flexible with scheduling
Cons
Not understanding at times, time off
Wegmans was a great company to work for!
Grocery Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Woodmore, MDJuly 16, 2018
Very fast paces and up beat. I learned that customers love specifics. Management was fine, i Had no problems. Workplace culture was fun. The hardest part of the job was holiday season when it becomes very busy. Most enjoyable part of the job was going out your way to get a product and the customer knows it and is gracious.
Paid well poor management
Helping Hands (Current Employee) –  Manalapan, NJJuly 14, 2018
Wegmans is a sub par place to work for but you get paid fairly well for what you do. Wegmans shows more care for people that are just starting than the people that been their for years would recommend for a temporary job
Pros
Pay rate
Cons
Short breaks
Busy environment
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Henrico County, VAJuly 14, 2018
WEGMANS has been a rewarding place to learn how the good industry follows federal laws. There is advancement opportunities should you wish. You meet all types of customers and have to know how to greet them.
Pros
Meeting customers
Cons
Bresks
From a job to a career
HR Generalist (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 12, 2018
Based on the size and scope of the company, there are many opportunities to work in a variety of fields besides retail. Distribution, manufacturing, procurement, accounting, HR, Legal, the list goes on. Many long time employees, like myself started in the stores and found their way to a corporate position.

That said, there are many more folks who have made a career in the stores, starting out working in the parking lot and ending up as a Store Manager.

Work days go by quickly, and for those who have a heart for serving customers it's quite enjoyable. Management listens to employees and customers, and makes accommodations for both. The work, especially during the busy holiday season, can be tiring. But it is also rewarding to get feedback from customers and management for making someone's day.

Being a part of a great company that wants to do its best for the community and for its employees is its own reward, and one of the things that makes Wegmans a great place to work.
Pros
flexible scheduling, ability to try new things, inspired leadership with a good management team.
Cons
Some physically demanding work in the stores, distribution and manufacturing.
Wonder place to work
Customer Service Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAJuly 12, 2018
Wonderful benefits! This company offers so many wonderful benefits. From Medical, dental, 401k, paid days off, and life insurance. They are family friendly nd a great environment.
Pros
Wonderful benefit
relaxing work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJJuly 12, 2018
Working at Wegmans was a wonderful experience. I will forever bag a handful of groceries faster than anyone that I know. Stay organized and neat was a must. Being friendly came naturally as the work place was so laid back.
Pros
half of luches, long luch breaks
Cons
at times boring there was verty little to do when it was a slow day
Former Employee
Distribution Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 11, 2018
The Company has always been great to work with. Everyone is part of a team in my opinion. Although this was a summer opportunity, I'd recommend Wegmans to anyone who would like to be a part of a growing company.
Voted Best Work Place for a Reason
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJuly 10, 2018
I have never worked in an environment where there is more respect than what I receive at Wegmans. It is like a family and you are always considered as a vital part of the company. They believe in empowering the employee as well.
Great environment
Cashier / Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJuly 10, 2018
For a temporary job transitioning from high school to college it was a great and easy job to have. Hours were flexible and theres an online sever to specify availability.
No Opinion
Dairy Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pittsford, NYJuly 10, 2018
Wegmans offered a very good opportunity for part time work. Good management with flexibility in scheduling to fit with a full time college student. Would recommend for part time work.
Fun Place to Work
Bakery Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, VAJuly 10, 2018
Fast paced but fun place to work with plenty of opportunities to excel in your career. Week end work is expected, but that's for most retail jobs. In this job I learned a lot of people skills, customer interaction and fast paced problem solving. I love the people I work with as they are like an extended family.
Different, but good
Old World Cheese Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJJuly 9, 2018
Wegmans is a great organization that provides you with the tools to succeed, however promotion from within has changed. They are still 100% family oriented, but now they outsource for a lot of positions when internal promotion was a main source of advancement several years ago. It drives competition and people to succeed, and while it has changed, it is still a good thing.
wegmans
Stocker/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Palmyra, NYJuly 9, 2018
Store items in an orderly and accessible manner in warehouses, tool rooms, supply rooms, or other areasPack and unpack items to be stocked on shelves in stockrooms, warehouses, or storage yardsClean and maintain supplies, tools, equipment, and storage areas in order to ensure compliance with safety regulations.  Keep records on the use and/or damage of stock or stock handling equipment.Provide assistance or direction to other stockroom, warehouse, or storage yard workers
Pros
great people to work for
Wegmans is overall okay.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 9, 2018
The pay is terrible I was getting paid $9.75 which is below minimum wage. They had me working 8 hour shifts with only a 30 minute lunch. My knees had gotten swollen from all that standing.
Pros
They give you chance after chance
Cons
Short lunches, low pay
Fun place to work but you're not compensated enough for how much you do.
Service Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 9, 2018
Fast paced environment with always something to do. Managers are usually friendly and supportive. There's room for advancement but while you wait for the experience you're expected to make near poverty wages.
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
Low compensation, No breaks.
Not for everyone...
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJJuly 8, 2018
I was hired as a cashier right before the holidays, which are absolutely insane. I told management I could only work 25 hours at most, and they told me part time employees would not be scheduled more than 30. First week after training, and every week until I quit, they scheduled me 32-34 hours. If you have a problem with your schedule, the managers are helpful, but only if ou’re willing to offer something back. Some front end team leads were helpful, but a lot of them weren’t. The fast pace just wasn’t for me.
Pros
Managers were helpful, fantastic HR department.
Cons
Short breaks and lunch, fast pace, hours all over the place
kitchen is cutthroat
Front End Cashier/ Frozen Stock Worker/ Cook III (Former Employee) –  Lanham, MDJuly 6, 2018
lots of favoritism in kitchen. If you're not one of the favorites or doing a little extra on the side then you will have a rough time here. a lot of undercutting
Good starter job
customer service and primary baker (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NYJuly 6, 2018
Overall its a great company. Some managers hold a title that they have no idea how to uphold. Most coworkers were easy to get along with. Not many full time opportunities.
a day at work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Northborough, MAJuly 5, 2018
A typical work day is opening the store with a lead.Being there for customers as they run into the store to pick up thing that they need. Cash handling and credit card payments. packing of groceries for customers. Cleaning of front end.
Pros
free coupons, raffles, understanding