WeGoLook

Working at WeGoLook: 43 Reviews

United States43 reviews

Looker

I have had a great time working at we go look. They have the best clients. Jobs really dont come up as much as the should if you wanted a full time job with them.

Pros

Time

Cons

Not enough work

Love what I do but the pay is not enough.

I love the work I do, I get to decide which jobs I accept, set the appointments myself & I’m not tied to a desk. But most of the time the jobs only pay ~$20 each which is great when they are only a few minutes away & could be great if I was allowed to collect several in 1 area that may be 40 or so miles away but I’m not allowed to do that. Their due date which only spans 2days is of the upmost importance to them. So if I’m offered 3 jobs in the same area which is 25 miles from where I live & one of the appointments cannot meet until Friday, I cannot schedule the others around the same time so as to make one trip & it be worth the gas, wear & tear on my car. I have make 3 or at least 2 different trips which causes the $60 I made go all into the gas tank.

WeGoLook insights

• Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

Poor upper management

This company is so horrible, not only do they only want to pay the contractors $12-$20 to go out and do a job that takes well over an hour sometimes longer with travel but sometimes they dont want to pay you! They have you go out to these car lots to do inspections when many times the vehicles are not there or the staff at the car lots are oblivious to why you are there.When you call in to get assistance it's always a over shores/seas staff that have poor english skills and comprehension skills so you never get anywhere! These companies try to save money by paying foreigners pennies and nickles but overall they lose so much money because the communication is not there. Also they send you out to properties to do exterior inspections and many times the owners have no idea that you are coming out so they dang near run you off the property and because the staff's comprehension is so off they still request you visit the property or it takes 20-30 minutes for them to conduct something that should take 10 minutes!!!

The job is great. You make your own schedule just wish they paid more and had more work.

Job is fairly easy. I love how you can make your own schedule. The only thing I don’t like is there’s not enough work and wish they paid more. But, overall being a mobile Notary/Contactor is a fun job. Will continue to work with this company. The management is great they are very nice, patient and understanding.Any problems that has come was always handled with urgency and care.

Pick your own job

You pick your own job and hours. You pay your own expenses (i.e. phone, data, vehicle, mileage, gas, and equipment). Pay is very minimal after deducting your expenses and travel time.

Pretty Cool Job, Doesn't Pay Enough

A typical look for me is about 35-40 miles round trip and pays about $20. Some quick math and you realize the pay is a little lacking. The job itself is pretty easy, just following instructions off of the app, taking pictures, and answering some basic questions. They pay weekly and pay on time. Communication is poor. Whoever takes the order often fails to provide basic yet vital information. For example, when the "asset" will actually be at the location to be photographed! Wasted trips. Then you hear from three different people when the assignment is not completed, none of which appear to check their own messages or communicate at all with each other. This is the hardest part of the job by far! I like the job but they really should find a way to pay more and get more organized.

Nickle and dime company.

Wegolook is very low paying. They "bid" the jobs, or "looks" as they are referred to at the absolute lowest amount. It's a first come first serve basis. So if someone else sees the look, they can take it if they do it first. The looks usually start as low as $12.00. What the other "lookers" whom are contracted by Wegolook dont realize is if they just wait long enough, the payment will go up. Sometimes 3 or 4 times over the original amount.You are an Independent contractor and have zero rights or protection. If you drive to a look location, and Wegolook makes an error, like the look cannot be completed at no fault of your own, you get $5.00 or $10.00. Most of the time that doesn't cover the cost to drive there. Dont forget, you pay 20% of your pay via 10-99 to the IRS every year. Plus gas, wear and tear on your vehicle. You need to consider all this before you sign up. I stopped doing it.Wegolook is a nickle and dime company that has zero benifits and require you to take ALL the risk, even if it is not your fault. Terrible company.

Pros

You get to pick the job or "looks" as they are referred to, Not required to take a minimum number of looks

Cons

Horrible pay, No benifits, you are an Independent contractor with NO RIGHTS, You take all the risk, ALL risk, You are penalized with ridiculously low payments for a mistake Wegolook makes, Nickle and dime company that has no loyalty or concern for you, Wegolook makes it clear you cannot use them as a reference

Great Culture and Vibe.

I worked here for four and half years. I experienced great growth in my skills and ability to manage people. This place holds a lasting impression in my work career.

Pros

Work life balance.

Cons

Things are ever changing without policy and procedures in place.

I enjoy the job, but the pay is low for the time you put in, the drive to and from clients home or work and gas

As a contracted employee, there isn't enough work to make this a full or part-time job. You mostly deal with accidents among drivers and are considered a unbias, on the ground, looker who documents and takes pictures of the vehicles involved in anaa accident. andYou may also take pictures of the place where the accident occured for various insurance companies. The job itself is pretty straightforward and not difficult as you just follow the directions from the App. The problem is not enough pay to cover your time, gas and usually long drives to and from the job sites that you go to. It could be a great flex job if they paid more, but as a contracted gig job, you can find jobs that pay more with less work, times, gas and driving that goes along with this job. There also just isn't enough work to make it profitable as some other gig platforms that are out there.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Not enough pay or jobs to make any money

Total Scumbags

This company is total garbage run by garbage. They will make up excuses not to pay you. Also, they outsource their customer support. Never work for these trash.

Cons

Get paid to take pictures!

Work-life balanceYou work on your own at your own time! Get paid weekly. Support team is very understanding! I love it.Pay & benefitsYou get paid weekly for each seperate job aka "look" that you performed the prior week. Each job ranges from $12-$50.Job security and advancementNot a whole lot of opportunities for growth!ManagementThe support team is excellent!CultureAs an independent contractor, you make your own schedule. If you don't want to deal with people, there are jobs/looks that you don't have to interact with anyone.OverallAt my time with WeGoLook, it has been a really great experience. It's always a different task but at my discretion. I mean where else can you get paid to go take a few pictures of a few scratches on a car? Or even just a couple of pictures right from your car of a residential property. You are your own boss.

Is not at all inclusive of Lookers in company. You are strickly a cheap form of outside labor.

Not worth supplying..Tried twice to coordinate short visit at company operational headquarters in OKC. Was informed that even with a escort, Lookers were not allowed to enter or even visit with their company contacts.

It is strickly partime.

The work does require skill and a lot of general knowledge that you receive NO BENEFITS... If you have to travel more that 25 miles for any assignment there is no addition pay relative to cost. Gas is low so no big deal. If you use a relatively new vehicle then the pay will not pay the depreciation due to high milage.

This is a fully remote position. Its first come first serve which can be very aggravating at times.

This is fully remote position and pays as independent contractor. This is also a simple job and gets you outdoors. I enjoy the flexibility and the fact that I make my own appointments with the client (within the deadline of course)... The most frustrating part is the pay, honestly. Its first come first serve and recently there is someone intruding on my covered areas, for which I had no warning.

Rates are too low for what you do, Not economical

In a never-ending "competitive necessity" excuse, WeGoLook has down graded the value of the work you do, and made it harder to justify working there. Precisely because it no longer considers the costs of being an independent contractor, a category to which you are relegated no matter what, the payment for the work done, and the time to do the work properly, and still make a livable profit from your own work are now impossible. When I started a few years ago, jobs paid a minimum of $25-30 per job. Now, even though the work requirements are more stringent, but the duties are the same, the jobs barely pay $17+, wiping out not only your profit but your ability to maintain your car. Not good.

NIce and very friendly.

It is a very fun environment. I always felt welcome and never once out of place. This place welcomes you with open arms. Everyone is nice until they think you stole something.

Pros

Nice people/

Not a good company to work for!!

Pay starts out high but falls off quickly after you have a few "looks". You never will talk to a manager. Normal pay for the same job is $100 not $15. Customer Service is from overseas, not US. They will 'hound you' with E-mail, text and phone calls if you don't meet their deadline date, which is the next day from the posting! Pay is Not consument with distance and wear and tear on your vehical just for the job that you do, which again adjusters get paid $100 for.

Growing company

Company currently growing and fun to work. Always providing fun daily updates throughout the company. Management are easy to work with and will help when needed.

Im a independent contractor

I make my own hours . I call the client set up the time and date . I go out and take pictures that are asked by the app and answer questions from clients then I send the pictures into Wegolook then go to next client .

Not enough assignments

The assignments are too few to make a living, it’s ok for extra money but not to count on because you work assignment by assignment and the rate per assignments was lowered. Not much incentive

Flexible Control of Hours and Jobs

WeGoLook as a Looker Agent is very easy to incorporate into your daily life. If you have advanced experience or certifications in site safety, vehicle insurance such as Total Loss, Total Loss Experience then more and more assignments will be given to you. The field is quite large in potential.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WeGoLook. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

4.8
InHerSight Score
4.6Personal Development
4.8Career Opportunities
4.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight