Weigel Broadcasting Co. Employee Reviews

Worked there for 12 years
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 8, 2018
Even though I worked for 12 years I was not paid what market value was for my job. Worked very close to management and the Ops Manager was the worst I’ve ever worked with... ever. No experienece in production to give valuable insight. Everyone would blame the General Manager but he was very good but blind because he believed everything the Ops Manager would say. No true open dialog. Engineering has an egotistical jerk running the shop. The best part by far was the people. Management was beyond terrible. Pay way below. I made the switch alright...away from 58
Pros
Benefits.
Cons
Good co-workers. Awful management.
Grunt (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 16, 2018
Abysmal place. Everyone is sullen, buried in their cube farms with headphones on. Not a friendly or creative atmosphere. They call themselves ‘family’. Just the opposite.
Pros
None.
Cons
Everything.
Good place to gain experience
Editor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 18, 2017
Working at Weigel is a overall good experience. management is very flexible in regards to work schedule. People are great to work with. We edit on Premiere.
Pros
Flexible schedule, good work enviroment
Cons
Pay and benefits are below market value
Great coworkers, but horrible career detour
Promotions Producer/Editor, Videogragher/Editor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 19, 2015
Great coworkers however Weigel prides itself with paying extremely low wages, getting by with less experienced personal rather than recognize, utilize and appropriately pay experienced professionals.

I was mislead from the start regarding my hiring. I applied for a full-time promotions producer position that was clearly listed on their website. However, once interviewed i was told that the position would be part-time and less pay. Got the run around from both the hiring manager and human resources chief regarding what was promised.

With no other job prospects in Chicago, i was forced to continue working there by making the best of the situation. Career killer company due to the fact that they overlook experienced talent and relegate you to intern, entry level duties.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Low pay, zero opportunity for advancement, misuse of talent and experience
Great Place to Work
Administration (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 12, 2014
This company takes pride in the fact they never had to layoff any employees. They operate lean and all employees pitch in. Lots of different tasks to complete each day. A family-run company that cares about their employees.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Enjoy my job - none to list
Sweat Shop
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IllinoisDecember 18, 2012
This is not the place to make a career. Very low pay for a lot of specialized work. Okay if you're just out of school and want to "get your feet wet" and move on quickly. Titles don't mean anything here.
Pros
if you're just out of school and want to work for peanuts, this is the place for you
Cons
people working in manufactoring plants in china have it better.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Weigel Broadcasting Co.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.3