Weight Watchers International Employee Reviews

Great part-time job
Wellness Guide (Current Employee) –  Northern NJSeptember 27, 2018
As a Wellness Guide, I not only motivate, listen to, and inspire the members in the Wellness Workshops but I also gain holistic wellness knowledge for my personal benefit too!
I feel that for being such an international company there is poor management.
Receptionist/ coach (Current Employee) –  On sitesSeptember 23, 2018
The job is exciting in itself . I can even say rewarding due to the fact that you are hands on with people. It is relaxing and enjoyable but can be stressful; this is due to having short meeting time. If you multitask and stay focused it is smooth sailing. It is the poor management. Competitive as far as hours. They also stress you as far as hours worked out of the job site. They make you feel guilty for claiming hours to certain job.
Pros
Free program
Cons
Competitive
I loved this job and helping people lose weight! I already was well versed in good nutrition and eating habits, but learned more!
Weight Loss Consultant (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCSeptember 9, 2018
I enjoyed my job and loved helping people lose weight. The hours are flexible and the training was excellent. I enjoyed everyone I worked with from my bosses to all my co-workers. A great job!!!
Pros
Flexible hours Great Training
Awesome Culture, Flexible Schedule
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  LouisianaSeptember 5, 2018
Weight Watchers was a company I was proud to work with. The passion of its people and its members alone is enough to cause love for this company, but the flexible work schedule, awesome co-workers and amazing staff made this career, the one of dreams. Integrity and enthusiasm were consistently modeled. However, I found that corporate was frequently oblivious to the extreme differences between rural and urban/suburban territories, as support was geared mostly towards the urban/suburban settings. In this, metrics were often unfairly measured and thus, unreasonable goals set. Recruiting in rural areas could be quite challenging and it could be stressful ensuring adequate coverage to some locations. The loyalties of members in rural settings were often quite different to those of urban/suburban members.

Their training was excellent. Co-workers became lifetime friends!
Pros
Overall vision and culture, flexible schedule and training
Cons
Board of Directors out of touch with realities in the field
Great place to work.
Leader/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Jericho, NYSeptember 2, 2018
It is a great place to work. Very flexible and very enjoyable. Love going to work everyday and interacting with people. Very people oriented. It's challenging as well.
Love working with members
Location Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDAugust 28, 2018
To be a part of a members weight loss journey is very rewarding.

Co workers are all in. We have all been sucessfull on the program and can relate easily to each other and to the members
I'm done
Leader (Current Employee) –  I'd rather not sayAugust 24, 2018
Before training to be a leader, I was a member for over a decade. I have loved Weight Watchers as a program and have experienced success with it.

As a workplace, it is terrible. I've been so disappointed. They expect part time employees to log in and keep up with numerous electronic systems that don't interact with each other. I'm expected to review email, a separate system for meeting and other info, a workplace facebook page and a separate app to check for possible meeting assignments... It is overcomplicated and too much if you are just leading a few meetings each week. You are lost in a sea of information trying to figure out how to navigate. Most of figuring out what I needed to do was on my own with no support. It was such a difficult process to get trained and figure everything out. I thought if I just persevered I would eventually push through to where I was leading meetings and things were smooth, but it has been and remains terrible.

The local management has been awful. If I could rate zero stars I would. I don't understand how a full-time Territory Manager can have another full-time job besides WW???

I am a leader and have never wanted to be a receptionist. I have been told I am expected to take receptionist assignments when it is good for the team whether I want to or not. (It is less pay.) I understand a "team mentality" but it is not this, it is bullying and favoritism playing a part in meeting assignments.

Leaders aren't supposed to weigh members - this is a big no-no - but it is super confusing when people have seen you weigh
  more... people in as a receptionist and don't understand why you won't weigh them when you are Leading and just standing around chatting with people.

Rural areas aren't adequately staffed, and management is constantly trying to get leaders and receptionists to drive far to work these meetings - and after you work these meetings a couple of times you are not reimbursed mileage because it is considered a regular assignment, which makes the compensation to work these meetings negligible and not worth it. Management needs to recruit employees in all areas where needed. Their failure to do so as part of their full-time job should not result in a burden on part-time employees.

I met wonderful people - members and colleagues. This COULD be such a great part-time job. I would continue, even with the low pay, but the management is unacceptable and I refuse to stay in a situation where I am bullied and treated poorly. For a part-time job, it is just not worth it, especially if you have to commute any distance.

Tech support is terrible. Again too many systems and passwords and logins - it is ridiculous for such a big company. Passwords have to be reset frequently and if you have any tech issues you call a call center out of the country. The worst tech issues I have seen after working professionally for decades for big companies. Depending on where you are working a meeting, you have to have knowledge of various WW systems/computer equipment. If there are issues for a customer, more often than not you can't help/have to tell them to call customer service. If you have to call tech support or customer service the calls take forever.

Training to be a leader was scant, held over a weekend, told that I would receive info from local training on issues, did not. Had to figure out how to complete a time card in their system on my own! I frequently ran into situations where I couldn't find anyone in my territory who would help with a question. The people who supposedly work "full-time" locally for Weight Watchers are not helpful. I was not given information/not trained/not told certain things, and then chastised for not knowing them. One example - failing to do inventory when no one told me or trained me until after the fact that I was responsible for doing inventory.

One last thing - I'm disappointed with the direction I see WW taking. Where I am the majority of membership is a older female base. WW is targeting a younger audience and pushing the app on people. That's tough when your meetings are filled with people who don't have a desire to use a smart phone. Employees are expected to provide tech support to members with older smart phones (some devices that can't even support app) who often times don't know their password to the app store. These can be tough things to overcome while you are also introducing someone to the program. Changes are made frequently - to the program, to paper towels being taken away, to stickers disappearing, etc. etc. etc. and members get frustrated with frequent changes.

I wish things could have been different.
Pros
Members, Coworkers
Cons
Management, Technology
Great job for a hobby
Service Provider (Current Employee) –  Muskegon, MIAugust 13, 2018
If you are looking for a "hobby job", this is the place to work. Pay is very low and there is no room for advancement.
I have worked for WW for several years as a full-time employee with benefits. It was a great job when my kids were young because of the flexibility. I had some medical issues last year and was off work for only about 6 weeks. This put me in a position of too few hours to qualify for benefits. I lost all benefits and my vacation day were cut from 15 to 5. Very disappointing after working for them for all this time.
Good work atmosphere on the local level.
Meeting Room Leader (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INAugust 9, 2018
On the local level - Kokomo - great ladies to work with. Lovely manager who was helpful to us. I can not in good conscious work for a company with the moral issues that Weight Watchers, Int. was exhibiting in May, 2016. That is why I left the company.
Pros
Great ladies to work with
Cons
Moral issues of the company
Love it
Motivational Speaker (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 4, 2018
Loved being a leader at Weight Watchers. Positive environment, great direct manager. Fun and virtually no stress. Pay is inconsistent due to how many locations you work.

Want to know more about Weight Watchers International?

Ask a question
Typical Day
TERRITORY MANAGER (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 3, 2018
I would visit locations, run product places, visit meetings, recruit employees, give feedback to employees. I would also do training classes, and keep up with the paperwork.
Awesome Place to work not paid enough
Receptionist/Leader (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 23, 2018
Love my job at WW but the pay is not enough for our level of expertise. Everyone I work with is wonderful, we are all there because we love what we do not because of the pay.
Pros
fulfilling
Cons
not paid enough
Support driven interaction during weigh in process
Receptionist-Weight (Former Employee) –  Shirley, NYJune 14, 2018
Part time employment-good for supplementing additional income.
Flexible hours-nights and weekends necessary. Training available
Would recommend to a friend
Pros
WW discount on products
Cons
Salary too low
Productive and fun work-place
Group Instructor (Former Employee) –  Farmington, MIJune 10, 2018
Weight Watchers if a nice place to work! It has a caring environment where people celebrate weight-loss success. I enjoyed being a leader and motivating people to achieve their goals!
Pros
Getting to facilititate group discussions.
Cons
There could have been more pay per meetings.
Weight Watchers
RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 7, 2018
Great place to work. You don't get a lot of hours to work. You have to be a member at your goal weight to work for this company and stay at your goal weight.
Online Coaching
Service Provider (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAMay 29, 2018
I worked remotely from home taking care of on-line Coaching members. Giving them encouraging and helpful tips to get them to their milestones. I also did 24/7 Chat which is online in a chatroom experience one on one assisting with concerns, billing and technical questions. I did not find the position difficult at all as I set up my available time based on my week. I really enjoyed this position because it gave me freedom.
Pros
Freedom to schedule my week
benefits
Territory 8818
Receptionist / Leader (Current Employee) –  Bethpage, NYMay 23, 2018
The TM and TM Assistants are usually helpful and there to provide support. If they don't like you, you will not get any meetings and they will give you a hard time about things they don't give others a hard time about.

While the program works the company pays field staff minimum wage and changes how you earn benefits each year.
Pros
Flexibility
motivating
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New MexicoMay 21, 2018
The members motivate the employees as much as we help to motivate the members. The company uses the latest research to keep the program up to date and relevant.
You won't get rich working as a Receptionist.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Oak Park, ILMay 19, 2018
Weight Watchers is a fun environment to work in. Encouraging people in their weight loss journey is both empowering and enjoyable. You also get the benefit of learning new work skills that will only benefit you in the future. That being said you will not earn much money in this position, but for a second job, or a first time job, this position is a good place to start.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Low wage
Expectations not equal to pay
Personal Coach (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 14, 2018
WW expects a lot from their employees but does not compensate them for it. You are expected to act like a professional but you barely make minimum wage. I did not feel like I was a valued employee.
Pros
Free access to WW systems/on-line access. Employee discount on WW merchandise
Cons
Low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Weight Watchers International. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

78%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

78%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss