Weight Watchers International Employee Reviews

A lot of drama, inappropriate behavior where some was addressed and others weren't. Had to work alone at times...not safe. Worse manager ever!!!
Weight loss coach/receptionist (Former Employee) –  Southest MichiganApril 17, 2019
Worse management I've ever encountered. Paid minimum wage and never saw a raise in over 30 years. They expected you to 'grow' your meetings to see any increase in salary but they did very little to get the members in the door. It was our job to keep them coming, not bring them in.
Pros
Discount on product
Cons
Constantly closing meetings, cutting hours, poor management, favoritism, always feeling like your job is threatened if you spoke up, etc..etc..etc..
For the members
Wellness Coach (Current Employee) –  York, PAApril 15, 2019
Wellness coaches and wellness guides are never really listen to from upper management. And this is despite the fact that we are the ones who originally have to listen to any complaints. We don't really make a whole lot of money for the for a lot of the things we have to put up with. Things like complaints from members issue or issues with the computers.
Pros
I've always enjoyed working with my members. We are like family.
Cons
Very little pay. Not much chance for advancement. Favoritism is played.
Very Fullfilling place to work
Territory Manager Assistant for Two Territories (Current Employee) –  Metro Charlotte AreaApril 9, 2019
I have really enjoyed working with WW for the last 10 years. I have learned so much about myself and how to help others. I loved taking the journey to health with members. I helped them with strategies for eating healthier, better mindset and activity. In addition to helping members on a daily basis I also mentor other service providers in how to help members. Working for WW was like working with family.
Pros
50% discount for products
I Enjoyed Working There
Meeting Leader (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 12, 2019
I enjoyed working for Weight Watchers I just wish the pay and hours would have been better. The members were always great to meet with and upper management was helpful.
It is fulfilling to help people on their weight loss journey.
Service Provider- receptionist (Current Employee) –  Harlingen, TXMarch 6, 2019
I work at a traveler location. We set up the meeting room for our weekly meeting. The meeting is educational and supportive to the members. There are many different aspects involved in this job and I don’t feel that the employees are compensated properly.
Pros
Discount on products
Cons
You are expected to put in a lot of extra time that you are not paid for.
It has an important mission
Copywriter (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 2, 2019
I love being a part of an organization that had a hand in truly improving people's lives. My favorite part of my days are meeting members who had transformed their lives.
Awesome interaction with clients
Leader Teacher (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 19, 2018
Typical day started with me getting myself prepared to motivate my clients. I learned how to speak professional in front of a large group of people and work the room/meeting. Work culture and management was above excellent. Hardest part of my day was making sure I motivated the clients enough to stay focused to the program and lose weight. Most enjoyable was seeing the smiles of clients at weekly weigh ins and goals that were reached.
Pros
free retail products, mileage paid to and from meetings
Cons
Making sure I stayed on a timely meeting...
Energetic and supportive work environment.
Weight Loss Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHDecember 18, 2018
As a Weight Loss Guide I log and record wight loss or gain and give encouragement and support if needed. Also process new members and provide information as to the weight loss program.
Pros
Flexible hours.
Amazing
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 27, 2018
My days were filled with interacting with members and people considering joining. My team was driven for success. It was a positive culture and authentic. Nothing fake. It was hard when members reached a plateau because they were frustrated and wanted to give up. The greatest satisfaction was helping them through this and stay with the program.
Pros
Motivating
Cons
Continuous cutbacks
Meh. Members treated with much greater respect than employees
Wellness Guide (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 26, 2018
As a long time member and employee (service provider), I have found that Members are treated so much better than we employees (who are also Members).

No real sense of teamwork, and if you're a "squeaky wheel" in any way, that's definitely not good.
Boring day
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GANovember 17, 2018
A work day was just making calls and receiving calls. Dealing with irate customers was an almost every day thing. Hours were not consistent and pay was not enough.
Pros
fun people
Cons
hours and pay
Great part-time job
Wellness Guide (Current Employee) –  Northern NJSeptember 27, 2018
As a Wellness Guide, I not only motivate, listen to, and inspire the members in the Wellness Workshops but I also gain holistic wellness knowledge for my personal benefit too!
I feel that for being such an international company there is poor management.
Receptionist/ coach (Current Employee) –  On sitesSeptember 23, 2018
The job is exciting in itself . I can even say rewarding due to the fact that you are hands on with people. It is relaxing and enjoyable but can be stressful; this is due to having short meeting time. If you multitask and stay focused it is smooth sailing. It is the poor management. Competitive as far as hours. They also stress you as far as hours worked out of the job site. They make you feel guilty for claiming hours to certain job.
Pros
Free program
Cons
Competitive
I loved this job and helping people lose weight! I already was well versed in good nutrition and eating habits, but learned more!
Weight Loss Consultant (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCSeptember 9, 2018
I enjoyed my job and loved helping people lose weight. The hours are flexible and the training was excellent. I enjoyed everyone I worked with from my bosses to all my co-workers. A great job!!!
Pros
Flexible hours Great Training
Awesome Culture, Flexible Schedule
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  LouisianaSeptember 5, 2018
Weight Watchers was a company I was proud to work with. The passion of its people and its members alone is enough to cause love for this company, but the flexible work schedule, awesome co-workers and amazing staff made this career, the one of dreams. Integrity and enthusiasm were consistently modeled. However, I found that corporate was frequently oblivious to the extreme differences between rural and urban/suburban territories, as support was geared mostly towards the urban/suburban settings. In this, metrics were often unfairly measured and thus, unreasonable goals set. Recruiting in rural areas could be quite challenging and it could be stressful ensuring adequate coverage to some locations. The loyalties of members in rural settings were often quite different to those of urban/suburban members.

Their training was excellent. Co-workers became lifetime friends!
Pros
Overall vision and culture, flexible schedule and training
Cons
Board of Directors out of touch with realities in the field
Great place to work.
Leader/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Jericho, NYSeptember 2, 2018
It is a great place to work. Very flexible and very enjoyable. Love going to work everyday and interacting with people. Very people oriented. It's challenging as well.
Love working with members
Location Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDAugust 28, 2018
To be a part of a members weight loss journey is very rewarding.

Co workers are all in. We have all been sucessfull on the program and can relate easily to each other and to the members
I'm done
Leader (Current Employee) –  I'd rather not sayAugust 24, 2018
Before training to be a leader, I was a member for over a decade. I have loved Weight Watchers as a program and have experienced success with it.

As a workplace, it is terrible. I've been so disappointed. They expect part time employees to log in and keep up with numerous electronic systems that don't interact with each other. I'm expected to review email, a separate system for meeting and other info, a workplace facebook page and a separate app to check for possible meeting assignments... It is overcomplicated and too much if you are just leading a few meetings each week. You are lost in a sea of information trying to figure out how to navigate. Most of figuring out what I needed to do was on my own with no support. It was such a difficult process to get trained and figure everything out. I thought if I just persevered I would eventually push through to where I was leading meetings and things were smooth, but it has been and remains terrible.

The local management has been awful. If I could rate zero stars I would. I don't understand how a full-time Territory Manager can have another full-time job besides WW???

I am a leader and have never wanted to be a receptionist. I have been told I am expected to take receptionist assignments when it is good for the team whether I want to or not. (It is less pay.) I understand a "team mentality" but it is not this, it is bullying and favoritism playing a part in meeting assignments.

Leaders aren't supposed to weigh members - this is a big no-no - but it is super confusing when people have seen you weigh
  more... people in as a receptionist and don't understand why you won't weigh them when you are Leading and just standing around chatting with people.

Rural areas aren't adequately staffed, and management is constantly trying to get leaders and receptionists to drive far to work these meetings - and after you work these meetings a couple of times you are not reimbursed mileage because it is considered a regular assignment, which makes the compensation to work these meetings negligible and not worth it. Management needs to recruit employees in all areas where needed. Their failure to do so as part of their full-time job should not result in a burden on part-time employees.

I met wonderful people - members and colleagues. This COULD be such a great part-time job. I would continue, even with the low pay, but the management is unacceptable and I refuse to stay in a situation where I am bullied and treated poorly. For a part-time job, it is just not worth it, especially if you have to commute any distance.

Tech support is terrible. Again too many systems and passwords and logins - it is ridiculous for such a big company. Passwords have to be reset frequently and if you have any tech issues you call a call center out of the country. The worst tech issues I have seen after working professionally for decades for big companies. Depending on where you are working a meeting, you have to have knowledge of various WW systems/computer equipment. If there are issues for a customer, more often than not you can't help/have to tell them to call customer service. If you have to call tech support or customer service the calls take forever.

Training to be a leader was scant, held over a weekend, told that I would receive info from local training on issues, did not. Had to figure out how to complete a time card in their system on my own! I frequently ran into situations where I couldn't find anyone in my territory who would help with a question. The people who supposedly work "full-time" locally for Weight Watchers are not helpful. I was not given information/not trained/not told certain things, and then chastised for not knowing them. One example - failing to do inventory when no one told me or trained me until after the fact that I was responsible for doing inventory.

One last thing - I'm disappointed with the direction I see WW taking. Where I am the majority of membership is a older female base. WW is targeting a younger audience and pushing the app on people. That's tough when your meetings are filled with people who don't have a desire to use a smart phone. Employees are expected to provide tech support to members with older smart phones (some devices that can't even support app) who often times don't know their password to the app store. These can be tough things to overcome while you are also introducing someone to the program. Changes are made frequently - to the program, to paper towels being taken away, to stickers disappearing, etc. etc. etc. and members get frustrated with frequent changes.

I wish things could have been different.
Pros
Members, Coworkers
Cons
Management, Technology
Great job for a hobby
Service Provider (Current Employee) –  Muskegon, MIAugust 13, 2018
If you are looking for a "hobby job", this is the place to work. Pay is very low and there is no room for advancement.
I have worked for WW for several years as a full-time employee with benefits. It was a great job when my kids were young because of the flexibility. I had some medical issues last year and was off work for only about 6 weeks. This put me in a position of too few hours to qualify for benefits. I lost all benefits and my vacation day were cut from 15 to 5. Very disappointing after working for them for all this time.
Good work atmosphere on the local level.
Meeting Room Leader (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INAugust 9, 2018
On the local level - Kokomo - great ladies to work with. Lovely manager who was helpful to us. I can not in good conscious work for a company with the moral issues that Weight Watchers, Int. was exhibiting in May, 2016. That is why I left the company.
Pros
Great ladies to work with
Cons
Moral issues of the company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Weight Watchers International. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight