Weill Medical College of Cornell University
71Above average

Weill Medical College of Cornell University Employee Reviews

United States606 reviews
Weill Cornell Medicine has lots of different departments. This post is specifically regarding one department. The management was horrible and had favorites. The workload was SOO overwhelming. We had to answer phones, schedule appointments and above all, check out patients and do any work for those patients on the spot.
Pros
The company itself has great benefits ( medical, retirement etc).
Cons
Horrible management, overworked and very needy patients (wealthy population)
Very professional workplace. Good management. I enjoyed learning new things everyday. Manager was encouraging and very professional. Friendly workplace.
Cons
Short breaks
Cornell has proven to be a great place to learn and grow within the career of nursing. Many opportunities are offered at this institution that prove to be rewarding.
Weill Cornell Medicine was a great place to work until senior leadership made changes which resulted in a major decline in morale among staff . Job stability became a concern for most and when certain members of management left the company, it became clear that no one’s jobs were secure. If senior leadership cannot get it together, how can they lead staff?
Research initiatives are top-flight and inclusive. The clinical services are also excellent. Conferences are most enlightening. Evidence-Based Medicine is taught as well as medical epidemiology and statistics.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
This is a wonderful place to be. The benefits are wonderful and the people there are great. I'm blessed to have this job and envision myself staying here until I retire.
I enjoyed every aspect of my job. The workplace culture is excellent, there are a lot of interesting work and my team is great. Work and life balance is awesome too.
Coworkers are great and management works hard to provide a good working environment. The patients can be very demanding at times, which is probably the hardest part of the job.
It was my second home. I started working straight out of college and spent over 16 years of dwelling in different departments. Each department was a promotion and with it came new responsibilities. I learned so much there and I'm forever grateful for the time spent.
It is a good place to work. Management really cares about employees. They take our needs into consideration. They want us to be happy at work. We have
overall a great company with excellent benefits. Decent hours and patient care is top priority. Great staff to work with. end of the year Christmas party is always fun and elegant.
A great company with opportunities for growth. I have been working here for 5+ years and have seen great improvements within the hospital towards patients and employees.
Very excellent service for patients and also for staff. Excellent work environment. Diverse and equal. Cant complain with people i work. Flexiblilty too
No complains at al it has been a great experience, great relations, opportunities to learn and grow with a sense of caring and an amazing work environment
Good productive experience. It was a pleasure working with everyone here and it gave me good practical experience that I wouldn't have learned anywhere else.
my days will start of sorting out patients paperwork, Then I’ll Scan them into the computer. Another task Would be filing the glass slides in order in file cabinets
There is no cons here , if there is something you dont know they will teach you and work with you , they will pay for your training. Pay is good and benefits are great .
I liked most things about working as a contract employee at Weill Cornell. The only real complaint I have is that my paychecks were often late and navigating the payroll system was very time consuming and frustrating. Cornell did NOT offer automatic deposit during the time I worked there and it seemed I was always waiting for my paycheck. There were times it was mistakenly left on someone's desk before they went on vacation. Other times, our project budget did not allow for a person to handle paying the contractors, so we borrowed a person from another department. Invoices didn't get submitted in a timely manner and we were frequently had to wait for grants to be processed (sometimes it would take much longer than 30 days for a paycheck to arrive).
First start to my day is receiving patients and doing vitals and blood work putting them in a room for the doctors and physician assistant to see and schedule follow up
Great opportunity for those who want patient interaction. The staff are friendly and willing to help out. Highly recommend to those who want a career in medical field.
When I worked in one of there clinics the Doctors and Managers did not value the staff. The staff was always on their tippy toes and was afraid to express themselves. If you were not part of the clique with management they would shun the other staff out. A overall nightmare from beginning to end. The best part was the patient interaction, but the Doctors had an issue with you speaking with ththem.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Weill Medical College of Cornell University. Our community is ready to answer.
Women's ratings

2.3Fairygodboss Score

25%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.