Weill Medical College of Cornell University Employee Reviews

Weill Conell Medicine
Credentialing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 13, 2019
Good company to work for. Environment can vary from relaxed to intense depending on your department or division. Room for advancement and growth. Can take sometime for it but it is definitely a possibility.
Two Jobs worked with two different outcomes
Temporary Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 4, 2019
The Physician Assistant Program - one of the best places to work in. The work environment was set up for the employee. The Management is wonderful to work for, I wish that they were able to hire me peprmantently, but the Human Resources controlled the job and said I was over qualified for the job.
The General Pediatric Office - very closed environment specially for the Temporary Office Assistant. No information or explanation given as to what was needed to be done, and a complaint was made that I was "slow". The Administrative Assistant who needed the assistance was not willing to let go of the work load to be done by me - she could not relinquish control and was not willing to give me total information.
Pros
work environment in job #1
Cons
work environment in Job # 2
wcm
Senior Account Administrator (Current Employee) –  525 east 68th new york ny 10065February 21, 2019
the job is great, the best part is when my claims are paid after fighting with an insurance company or sending in appeals that are overturned
workplace culture is diverted
management is very understanding and helpful.
Not enough Room for growth
Nurse Companion (Per-Diem) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 12, 2019
It is a great world class sub-specialty hospital that I would recommend to all if they needed a second opinion. However, when it comes to growth and opportunity, they lack a great deal in that. Not everyone does get the promotion and recognition they deserve.
It was an extremely challenging position
Contracts Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 7, 2019
My overall rating is low based upon my last 3-4 years of experience at WCMC. WCMC was a fantastic place to work for up until 2011. Competent and efficient staff, great Directors and Managers. I was faced with many challenges at WCMC, demanding and overwhelming workload, timelines and high profiled clients. It was a hectic and a high-pressured environment, but enjoyable. It was an interesting and valuable experience. Team work was always at the forefront and everyone was on board when the pressure was on. There was compassion for staff when personal situations arose, work times were made flexible. Plenty of opportunity was available to build on a long standing career. Great work benefits. I worked in every division of the Department of Research & Sponsored Programs (RASP), to take advantage of all opportunities available for advancement. Around 2012, the "non-for-profit" organization's dynamic drastically changed. Many structural organizational changes were made, fully taking on a corporate mentality. New hierarchies at WCMC (such as a new dean) fired some of the best Directors of the Institution. There was no efficient, useful or direct communication with staff members or managers. Managers and staff lacked direction and approval to move forward with many high-profiled, long pressing projects and contracts, jeopardizing our staff's and RASP's reputation amongst peer leadership and clients. New Directors brought in were extremely inexperienced. One by one, individuals that had been loyal and extremely hard working to servicing WCMC, for over a decade, were forced/pushed  more... out, terminated or demoted with no reverence for their large contributions and outstanding work. For those that stayed behind, individual work was tripled and they were set up to fail.  less
Pros
Great opportunities for advancement.
Cons
Leadership changes jeopardized the integrity of the service provided to clients and staff.
Medical assistant
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 2, 2019
Well what can I say or where should I start I left my stable job to go to Cornell which I thought it would be a good environment everyone in that department has been working there for over ten years so I thought that says a lot on Management boy was I wrong in my first day I could believe what I was told by the manager I brush it off but what I was told did effect me very unprofessional I will say so what ever that happen then there where the techs nasty rude and lairs and throwing each other under the bus to good like super stars to the manager which is what she loved and fed from it the techs where also bully's I don't need to work I'm an environment to be bully and spoken at too and be stress going to work . My manager also told me inhabe to price my loyalty to her by talking about other techs like what am I in high school this can go on and on but I resigned worst department I ever worked for never again lesson learn
Pros
Insurance / benefits
Cons
Work environment
The POBO office is a nightmare!
Revenue Integrity Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 1, 2019
Please do not be fooled WCMC is a horrible place to work in the POBO. People are leaving for other opportunities and Upper Management has been fired even before the new year into 2019. Management is horrible and this is not an under statement. Work there at your own risk! Human Resources is not going to help you, just fair warning!
Benefits
Cons
Poor Management and Management is not Knowledgeable
Great Place to Work!
Program Assistant I -Temp (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 31, 2019
The staff was very helpful. The working atmosphere was extremely peaceful. I worked as a Program Assistant for 5 months. I learned a lot during my time there.
Pros
Cons
The job description was misleading
Wonderful Place To Work!
Licensed Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 30, 2019
I am treated with respect by management and coworkers. There is a collaborative vibe and everyone is always smiling and willing to work together. The only reason I don't get more benefits, is because I was hired as a temp/part-time. Originally, I was told my job would be for 3 monthts, but I've been there now for over six, and hope they will keep on indefinitely. I really love it here!
gOOD PLace but...
Veterinary Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 22, 2019
I good place to get your experience. Great benefits but they do not pay enough. I also feel that there can be favoritism so things can be overlooked on your behalf. A typical day at work is fast pace and can be hectic at times but just like any other job, there are slow days.
Pros
great benefits and time off
Cons
not enough pay
Ineffective leadership
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 9, 2019
My work period was brief and overtly political. The work environment was troubled. Staff seldom attending or wee offered additional training. The was just little transparency within the department.
Cons
Toxic environment
depends on your direct manager
Research Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 7, 2019
Okay environment. however, if your supervisor/ manager is insufferable, so will be your time there. upper management rarely intervenes, if at all. sort of every man for themselves
Work Conditions
Custodian (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 6, 2019
First approach you believe that this is the right place to work, but the invariant disruptive misbehavior of your co-workers make the job itself very uncomfortable
Pros
work is easy
Cons
co-workers need a reality check
Not enough money
Medical Secretary (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 28, 2018
WCM is a great place to work, but not long term. Great benefits, if you are a parent, but if you are single and salary is what's important, this is a temp place to further build your resume. Salary is a nightmare.
Pros
Employees, Management, Work, Parties
Cons
Money money money
Great Institution
OFFICE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  160 E 72ND sTREETDecember 17, 2018
There is room for growth in the origination. Employees can always parlay unto something else. They offer great educational discounts and the health benefits are wonderful.
Nice Work Culture
Research Informatics Software Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYDecember 1, 2018
I joined Weill Cornell Medicine as a Summer Intern after I went through two rounds of interview. The first interview was on-call for around 30 minutes and the other was for in-person for about 50 minutes.

Working at WCM was really a great experience and the work culture is very friendly and motivates employee involvement.
Fun place to work
Senior Patient Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 19, 2018
Working here was great. Management was fun and personable. Dat yo day was different. Great atmosphere. amazing employees. Working here they had Flexiable hours.
Pros
Flexiable hours
Cons
No room for growth
Wcm
Education Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 2, 2018
Great place to work. Each department is different. Work Culture is great. Lots of team work. Great health benefits. Okay pension. Some discounts and employee appreciation perks
Pros
Health Benefits
Cons
Poor Management, communication throughout institution
Friendly and team spirited employees
Patient Care Coordinator (PCC) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 28, 2018
Very business oriented and professional Physicians demonstrates respect for support staff and patients.Patients are always encourage to be respectful.
Pros
Level of professionalism is great
Cons
No overtime and clocking in and out can be a burden with the current system used
Highschool
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 27, 2018
I participated in a school internship at this institution. This was not a real job. Do not get the wrong idea I actually never got paid from this. I was strictly high school internship.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Weill Medical College of Cornell University. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.2Fairygodboss Score

25%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss