Weinbrenner Shoe Company Employee Reviews

Hardworking and Safe Workplace
Production worker - cobbler (Former Employee) –  Merrill, WIJuly 27, 2018
working there I have learned that anyone can work at a factory no matter who you are.People were always fun to work with no matter how stressful the job is that day. It is a hard working place and they have taught me how to make shoes properly and I will never look at shoes the same way again, instead I will look more carefully! The hardest part of the job would be enduring all that heat, it was ridiculous and the most enjoyable part is getting a break every 2 hours. made time go by faster.
Pros
set schedule Mon-Fri.
Cons
no dental, or vision care.
Factory life
Insole Tacker (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WIFebruary 4, 2018
Very busy when work was present and paid very minimal for work done. Very stressful work environment . Never know if you were going home early as work was sporadic
hardest part of job
N/A (Current Employee) –  Marshfield, WIJanuary 23, 2018
what I have learned being a current employee is no team work on the lines people only care about them selves. supervisors favor only care about numbers mainly green and gold lines... if you need a work experience then apply other wise I LOOK ELSE WERE??????????????????????????????????????????????
Pros
hours only benefit here
Cons
no team work, company plays a numbers game, Favortizm, employee back stabbing, and vacilitators are the laziest i have ever seen.
Awesome jobs terrible uper management
Packing Inspector (Former Employee) –  Merrill, WIJanuary 20, 2018
Managment sucks they treat u like your nobody they wont let you work as a team work by team work they mean your on your own if you really behind, hmm they dont care about your personal life, you cant have bad day only they can they like to favorites to only people they like they will push you till u finally blow up but then say this is not okay, they dont care about the quality of their shoes only quantity and when u go tell your superviser it will be your fault
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Terrible management
Good first start
Computer stitcher (Current Employee) –  Merrill, WIJanuary 2, 2018
I came to weinbrenner when I first moved. Was a great start, but I'm looking for more. The hours are good if you're a day person. It's a bit chaotic, but it's an alright place.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
No vacation or holiday pay for first 6 months.
Internship
Intern (Current Employee) –  Merrill, WINovember 5, 2017
I felt that I could of learned more hands on. I was limited to what I was able to learn. I was able to manually total up timecards but was not able to see how they were entered for weekly pay. I was disappointed but I enjoyed the people there. They are a team, and I want to have a position in a company that has teams like theirs. they help each other if I were to have a job like that they would be my choice of team players.
Pros
good teamwork among employees.
Cons
there wasn't a position for me at the time of my internship.
A typical day at work
Avery Operator (Current Employee) –  Marshfield, WIApril 25, 2017
Would like to feel like I fit in. Lost a 17 year job that I wanted to retire from but didn't happen, and I am trying to get my life back and this is not the company for me
Fast paced paid piece work
Insole and Insert Cutter (Former Employee) –  Merrill, WIMarch 31, 2017
Fast paced due to piece work pay. Has a union. Very neat how military boots, work boots and fashion boots are made. All the boots are made in America.
Pros
Get a break every two hours
Cons
Pay scale
Productive yet at certain areas of factory
Side laster/bottom rougher (Former Employee) –  Merrill, WIDecember 20, 2016
Typical day at work is pulling tacks and sidelasting boots for general public, united states military and even prison shoesDepending whom knew certain areas were chances of job getting completed with team effort. With the right team i can show my dedication and accurasey at a job well done.
Pros
More sinority
Cons
Hard working factory people short breaks, not good teamplayers depending job description