Weis Markets
58Below average

Weis Markets Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA27 reviews
Not a terrible job, definitely room for growth if you are looking for that. Management could have been better, breaks could have been better. But overall I am happy to have gained the experience of working there.
Pros
Opportunity for advancement
Cons
Breaks, pay
They were a good company to work for, as in any company some management isn't the best, butbtheyre business layout is very good. They comtinue to change and expand
I loved working for Weis Markets. It was a great experience for me. I definitely acquired many skills such as problem-solving, teamwork, leadership, patience, and communication.
Pros
Flexible Schedule, Great Manager, Short Shifts
Working in this company you get no benefits they don’t recognize you for your good job. This company doesn’t appreciate the work you do for the company. They cut hours constantly but one or two cashiers for the whole day. It’s a pretty stressful environment. The way the schedule is made puts so much pressure on the person that is working. The store is unorganized. When you get to store you don’t feel a happy griendly environmemtthe store you feel
Fast paced environment, but low pay based on the amount of work involved. Not rewarded according to your output. Management not effective nor were they supportive.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
The camaraderie and teamwork make this a great place to work. If you are just starting in the workforce, or are looking for a new job, this may work for you. Motivated individuals can move up quickly if they are interested in this industry.
Management at the new store was good until they transferred everyone different places. Workplace culture as good and equal. Typical day was running self checkout and helping customers.
Cons
No heathcare or benefits
Seems I care more about how the store looks and runs than many managers. They are constantly having trouble with the pharm tech schedule because they refuse to hire a full-time tech.
This was a very negotive experience for me I will never work at another Weis ever again. You'll get get negative people everywhere you go. I've dealt with a lot of negative people in my life but this place seems to be the most draining place it's very cliquey and poorly managed. I was not trained properly the only reason I have ever stayed as long as I did with this company is because I had allot of retail experience in my life not a great place for beginners! I remember my first day the front end manager didn't even want to train me like didn't even acknowledge that's how this place is I don't know if it's this particular Weis all I know is that I was not properly trained. I had to learn stuff within 8 months of working there on my own. I remember they had me train somebody and I'm not even a manager and she did better within a week than I did on my first day. When I first started this Weis it was good because I had my old manager and then we got this new manager and then things started going downhill the whole work environment changed.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Poorly managed
Friendly working environment , ability to grow with the company, can be cross trained for other departments.They have an assessment for associates to go to so that they can move up & do other things in the company.
Pros
Friendly working environment
Cons
overtime
the managers don’t do anything. workers there get away with stealing and slacking off all the time. Managers are rude to Weis associates. we are not paid enough for the job we do.
Pros
nothing
I actually did enjoy working here. I was nervous at first but it ended up being a pretty good job overall and I wasn't nervous after the first few days.
Pros
tolerable job
Cons
short breaks
Oversee weekly price changes and pricing policy throughout the
store; coordinate weekly sales promotion activities with the department managers; create signage of ad merchandise to reflect company standards; maintain knowledge of product location to assist customers.
Weis Markets was a very fast paced and very demanding job, BUT I enjoyed many of my coworkers (and still do, i visit every so often), which made the job much more enjoyable.
I enjoyed working at Weis Markets. It was a very collaborative company and although difficulties may have risen, the work environment did not shift. Every one was encouraging and played an essential role. The managers were fun and understanding and constructed bonds with employees that made working there comfortable.
Pros
Employee Discounts
They are unfair and discriminate. I was treated like trash and worked until my legs fell off. I worked so hard only to make no money and have my hours cut and changed constantly. NEVER WORK HERE
A typical work day is just the customers coming in grocery shopping and me handling the needs of each guest, I learned how to improve my people skills so that way I can make sure each person is comfortable at the store.
I would start my day opening a register and handling cash, then often times I would switch to open the seafood counter. I learned to handle money and how to greet/interact with Customers. the management at Weis markets really understood how to run a business and was very focused on customer service. it was a good environment to work in because I was able to talk and meet many new people and form close relationships with frequent shoppers. the hardest part of this job was the fact that I had to run the seafood counter alone it sometimes got stressful but it was overall a great experience. the most enjoyable part of the job was definitely that I had the opportunity to form bonds with employees and customers and keep the business running well.
I started as a cashier supervisor, when I needed to change my schedule, they allowed me to move to overnight stocking, when they took that position away, they worked with me and what I was available. The store I worked in was great, can not give an opinion on the rest of the company
As the Price Accuracy Coordinator my work day starts off by doing a store walk for missing signage on product displays throughout the store, which usually takes about 45 minutes to an hour. After that the rest of my day consists of putting up replacement price tags, increases or decreases in product prices, and promotion changes. In terms of management, sometimes I feel like the work I do is not valued or appreciated. My coworkers are a pleasure to work with. For the most part, everyone is very friendly and approachable. This is probably what i find most enjoyable about the job. I do not necessarily find anything about the job difficult. I know I could be challenged more and hold more responsibilities.
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
short breaks
Good place to work if there is enough employees Can be stressfull always production to do The store manager is always helping other dept when needed its not a bad place to work
Pros
Breaks flexible schedule
Cons
Not enough employees
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Weis Markets. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6
2.8
2.9
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Weis Markets.