Weis Markets Employee Reviews

Found 1,396 reviews matching the search See all 1,399 reviews
Fun place to work sometimes poor management
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PASeptember 21, 2018
Schedules were messed up sometimes but it was an overall okay experience. Great place to work as a first job since it gives you loads of customer service experience.
horrible
Cashier/Stocker/Produce (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VA 22407September 20, 2018
it was pretty boring days there. i didnt learn much i did not already know. management was a joke they were not the best and no discipline at weis. not much on workplace culture considering that we never got to talk to anyone because you would just be slacking off and not doing your job. hardest part about the job was just getting myself to show up i have never hated a place so much that i have worked at.
Cons
dont let you get near 40 hours
Weis
Frozen Food/Dairy "Lead" (Former Employee) –  Savage, MDSeptember 18, 2018
I enjoyed my job there and appreciated the way employees were treated. The management was very respectful towards employees. I ended up looking for a better paying position when I left.
Weis would not be my first choice,The pay is the worst in retail and the quality of life is horrible. To much asked for , for NOTHING in return.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  New JerseySeptember 17, 2018
Plenty of other company's would treat their associates better than this company. This should be your last resort. Weis is just about their bottom line, the company will do whatever it takes to save money. All the propaganda about life balance and how the company feels about quality of life is just a front, If your a salary associate you might as well cut your hourly wage almost in half. The DM who is the loudest about life quality, will be the first to ask you for favors or just expect you to do them.This is not a company to plan a career with.
It was a great place to work
Bakery Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Nanticoke, PASeptember 17, 2018
I loved working at Weis Markets. The management was wonderful and the employees were really friendly. I would definitely recommend a friend if they're just looking for a quick buck.
n/a
Front End Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  MDSeptember 16, 2018
They don't think realistically. They think your world should revolve around them and they are not fair with schedules at times. They are not flexible when you have appointments outside of work. The day shifts are better than nights. Some of the managers are not friendly. Too much work for being underpaid.
Pros
low pay
Cons
short breaks
Great company to work for
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  9250 Washington Blvd. Laurel, MD 20707September 15, 2018
a typical day at Weis Markets is fast pace. You learn the in and out of how a Market is run.
Management cares about their employees. We have and open door policy. It is a Multi work culture. The hardest part of the job is competing you task on time. The most enjoyable part is that you are able to adjust your. work schedule when needed.
Pros
Good working hours
Cons
Healthcare
corporate business with emphases on teamwork
Cake Decorator (Former Employee) –  Wellsboro, PASeptember 15, 2018
Extremely fun job and great feeling of teamwork. Simple part-time job, uniform, and scheduling. Ability to move up in management if so wished (for benefits and long term employment).
Relaxed fun workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Williamsport, PASeptember 13, 2018
A typical day at Weis is very steady. Some days we do get busy but everyone manages to pull through. A lot of the time co-workers are what make the day go by quickly generally most custmoers are very nice and understanding.
Very Fun Place to work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kawkawlin, MISeptember 12, 2018
i learned a lot from working at weiss fruit market, i learned great people skills, i learned ways to identify certain things in fruit that i never wouldve known.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
fast paced, great management team
Deli Manager (Current Employee) –  Williamsport, PASeptember 12, 2018
Lots of logs to fill out throughout the day including, especially temp. of foods, freezer walk-in coolers, The day goes by pretty fast, there is always something to do. Customer interaction, on a professional level. Lots of smiles and may I help yous, customer satisfication a must. If it wasn't for the customers you wouldn't have your job
Pros
fast work day always something to do
Cons
stressful somedays especially when it's busy
Horrible managers.
Deli Associate (Current Employee) –  York, PASeptember 7, 2018
The managers treat there employees like garbage. The corporate office could care less. They treat the employees like they are stupid and will not listen to anything we have to say. They make the deli workers clean the bathrooms. The managers scream at you in front of customers. They are degrading, hurtful, and just plain mean. They make you feel like you are worthless. The managers are the laziest people.
Pros
You get a paycheck
Cons
Managers
I loved working at this establishment
Custom Cake Decorator (Former Employee) –  Lords Valley, PASeptember 6, 2018
I really and truly loved working for Weis Markets. I loved the customers and loved the people I worked with and I loved making the cakes and helping the customers with whatever they needed. I would go back to work there in a heartbeat. The only con was the pay wasn't that great but you can make a career out of this establishment.
Slower to medium pace
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Selinsgrove, PASeptember 5, 2018
Typically you would wash dishes , slice meat and cheese, customer service, clean slicers, make food such as hoagies, pizza, Strombolis, moping and sweeping floors, restocking shelves,
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Very short shift
Poor Management and Unsatisfying Work
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDSeptember 5, 2018
A typical day involves me scanning and bagging groceries. The time that doesn't include that involves cleaning my register and waiting for customers. It doesn't challenge me or change at all. The pace is painfully slow, and does not keep up my satisfaction.

I learned how hard it can be to work in an environment with management that bends over backwards for problematic customers but belittles hardworking employees.

The management is poor at best and abusive at worst. They constantly berate us if we are not standing still like statues while waiting in an empty store for customers, and will throw out water (even in record heat) and take away break time if we step away to use the bathroom.

The only thing I enjoyed was bonding with my kind and helpful co-workers.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Good place to work and meet people
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Doylestown, PASeptember 5, 2018
I love working there because the people there are nice and you meet great customers. There is always something to look forward to. The hours you are scheduled for are flexible but the amount are basically consistent.
Na
Assistant Meat Manager (Current Employee) –  Township of Randolph, NJSeptember 3, 2018
Weis is easy going and work oriented. the managers work with you and are understanding. They work with a flexible schedule. The employees are always friendly
Definitely not family oriented
Deli Manager (Former Employee) –  Perry Hall, MDSeptember 1, 2018
I was dept manager that made the company$ every quarter and was stuck driving 42 miles each way for work. I was asked to do so for 6 months so I agreed and 3 years later I was still driving 42 miles to work !! They lied to me on several occasions about going back to my original store . My advice to anyone getting job with Weis Markets is to get EVERYTHING they tell you in writing.
Pros
Desperate for a job they will hire you
Cons
Too many too list
Its an "ok" job
Meat Clerk (Current Employee) –  Pen Argyl, PAAugust 30, 2018
They make alot of promises they dont keep. When it comes time for a raise, no matter how hard you work. You cant " excel" . you can only " meet" their requirements.
Quick-paced job
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Macungie, PAAugust 30, 2018
Everyone was nice and the work was not hard unless it was a busy hour or a holiday was approaching. I had an easy time getting into the grove of things.