Weis Markets Employee Reviews

Found 1,524 reviews matching the search See all 1,529 reviews
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rehoboth Beach, DEFebruary 16, 2019
I loved working for weis and helping the costumers within the 2 years I was their I had a great experience; some employees I had trouble with but nothing major
Pros
Costumers
Cons
Shorts breaks
Nice People
Front End Monitor and Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAFebruary 16, 2019
Weis Markets was a wonderful first job for me in High School. The people that work there are very nice people who go above and beyond to make their employees feel welcome.
Pros
Discounts, flexible schedules.
Cons
Hard to advance, must persist in order to receive opportunities.
Lack of Direction
Associate (Current Employee) –  Sunbury, PAFebruary 14, 2019
This company while successful is very poorly managed. People are misplaced in positions. Not promoted on skill and experience, but rather connections, family relationships and friend relationships.
Good work environment
District Specialist (Current Employee) –  Woodlawn, MDFebruary 14, 2019
I like working for Weis Markets. There is work life/ home life balance. There is teamwork on all teams. There is room for advancement on all levels. They care about their associates.
I loved working at Weis
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lock Haven, PAFebruary 12, 2019
While working at Weis, I developed many skills and made great relationships with customers and coworkers. Everyone was so nice, and I was getting paid a fair amount.
Stressful, unprofessional workplace
Deli Associate (Current Employee) –  Burnham, PAFebruary 12, 2019
The workload was fair along with the compensation given for that. The only unattractive part of working in this particular Weis for myself was the unprofessional attitude and approach of the management staff. They would tell confidential information (write-ups, warnings) to employees that it did not concern at all. I believe these things should be brought directly to the attention of said associate, and to ONLY said associate, not any other co-workers.
Pros
Great customer service
Cons
Terrible management staff
It was ok
Personal Shopper/Cashier/Bakery (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAFebruary 7, 2019
I would say working at Weis wasn’t bad but it wasn’t that great either. I worked here part time when I was still in college and they worked great around my schedule. The work was quite easy as I did the i-shop department which consisted of shopping on the customers behalf and having their groceries ready for pickup at a decent time. I did the register from time to time when the store hours got busy and towards the end of my one year employment here I ran the bakery department closing shift. The managers didn’t really say much to you just a hi and that was pretty much it. The pay was average at the time (2011) a little above minimum wage, but not much. I think it’s ok for a high school or college student who needs a few hours work each week, but definitely not somewhere to make a career out of or live off of each month.
Pros
Flexible schedule, some employees were friendly
Cons
Management, pay, no benefits/vacation pay/etc.
Great Part time job
Monitor (Former Employee) –  Hanover, PAFebruary 7, 2019
It was a great job for working during school and helping with gas. although the work environment was awful. with lack of management and poor treatment of there employees. i would not recommend them for full time work
Fun quick paced work place
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, PAFebruary 7, 2019
I worked at Weis for a little less than a year. I made $9 an hour as a cashier and $9.25 as a customer service associate. The managers I had when i first started were great. They kept the store running and were great to work with. The new managers were awful and created a very tense work environment for all. However, working with the customers was usually a fun experience. I would always go back to work for Weis.
worklife
Grocery Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Sunbury, PAFebruary 6, 2019
it wasn't the greatest kind of work but it got the job done to give me some cash in my pocket and bank account. Good job to start out in but doesn't pay well once you have been there for so long.
Pros
It gave me something to do and make some money
Cons
no incentives
Friendly environment
Cashier/ front end supervisor (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAFebruary 5, 2019
I haven't worked there in 15 years and I can't really give a accurate assessment. When I was there, wages were low - no reliable personnel- management was friendly and very flexible with my needs as a mom
Pros
Hours
Cons
Wages
Coworkers easy to get along with
Monitor (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaFebruary 4, 2019
Working here showed that there are people out here that care more than just themselves and they care about your feelings here at weis. The coworkers didn't mind picking up an extra shift for you if you truly needed them to cover it.
It is ok
cashier /face/ stocker (Current Employee) –  Binghamton, NYFebruary 4, 2019
Some of the people are are good to work with it is a fast paced job a lot of duty to a lot of responsibility but they do not like to hire full time that is the only thing that bothers me the most important of all about the job
Terrible place to work
Associate (Current Employee) –  York, PAFebruary 3, 2019
I worked at the Weis Markets in Dover. The managers are absolutely horrible. There is no desire to word hard for people who seem so miserable and never are happy at work.
Took advantage of hard working employees
HBC lead (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJanuary 31, 2019
I ran 3 departments with no pay raise. Unloading trucks for 2 departments dairy & Gm/Hbc plus ran the cash office on top of running register & no help
Pros
Discount
Cons
No help took advantage no raise
Weis Markets Experience
Produce Associate (Current Employee) –  Muncy, PAJanuary 30, 2019
Weis Markets was the first job I ever had, like everything is has its pros and cons. It's a good first job for high school and college students. Very flexible with working hours, especially if you are very active academically and with extracurricular activities.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Management is a hit or miss in quality
Amazing Job
Produce Associate (Former Employee) –  Enola, PAJanuary 27, 2019
Working for Weis was such a great time, you can really tell the staff uphold the family-based values of the company. The outreach and respect held for customers is high and pay is rewarding.
Stressful if you care at all
Dairy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mount Airy, MDJanuary 25, 2019
They only care about the bottom line and treat employees as an unwanted resource, Store management differs and good managers are what make the job doable, but when a bad manager comes along, they are insufferable. Employees who do any work are expected to do everything absolutely perfectly for minimal pay, expectations are constantly being piled on despite minimal staffing, and benefits are next to nothing.
Pros
low hiring standards
Cons
short breaks, corporate apathy, low wages
Company mission to not give full time to pharmacy techs
Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) (Former Employee) –  Ranson, WVJanuary 24, 2019
The pharmacy is filled with busy work, nothing is automated so you do get a feel for what pharmacy was like about 20 years ago. Despite this fact, pharmacy technicians are not valued. Most Weis pharmacists do not value the technicians either, despite the fact that they do the leg work and about 90% of the work. I have been fortunate to have one pharmacist that values me for my work and does not send me home. Due to being part-time, you have no true health insurance. What the company offers will only pay $50 towards a office visit and only bad doctors are covered on it. I work the maximum amount of hours that I can as part time and have been denied full time employment for over a year despite my excellent performance being recognized by the pharmacists boss. I obtained my national certification as a pharmacy technician in hopes the pay would get better but you cap out at $12 an hour, which is a lot less than other pharmacies in the area. My pharmacist and her boss has been petitioning for me to get full-time but management keeps denying it for over a year now, which is why I have left this company.
It is difficult to get coworkers that actually work in most places, but here employees are not written up for not showing up or just missing work by the managing pharmacist. I am always called into the pharmacy due to my coworkers not ever getting written up. I am the only person available to work all hours since only students were hired to work back in the pharmacy. Despite being the only one with availability, I am treated as if I am the one that calls out all the time if
  more... I ask for one day off. I would recommend anyone that wants to work here to have a game plan to get out since this company does not care about the pharmacy technician and pharmacists will send you home just because they feel like it even if they have the hours to keep you.  less
Cons
no health insurance, no advancement opportunities
Unreal standards and minimum wage.
Grocery Associate (Current Employee) –  Elkridge, MDJanuary 22, 2019
Grocery stockers get paid the least and worked the hardest. Unfair double standards. Other departments stand around and talk all day but in grocery you're not even allowed to talk while working.