Weis Markets Employee Reviews

Found 1,460 reviews matching the search See all 1,463 reviews
Nice place to work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Hazleton, PANovember 18, 2018
I enjoyed qorking at Weis Markets, but the pay and the hours were not enough. Only worked up to 30 hours per week and pay was not enough. The employees were very nice.
Pros
Employees
Cons
Low pay
It was overall very stressful and coworkers were very rude
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PANovember 18, 2018
They wouldn't allow me to change my hours and they refused to become more flexible when I had to go back to school after summer vacation that is why I left . They complained and nagged at me for calling off a lot when my grandmother was diagnosed with cancer .
Cons
Short breaks, no flexibility
compañia muy estable
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  distribucionNovember 17, 2018
trabaje por más de 7 años .es fuerte pero muy estable. tienes segura más de 40 horas
Pros
muchas horas
good for a first job not much else
Salad Bar Lead (Former Employee) –  Emmaus, PANovember 17, 2018
Good for teenagers anybody looking for a real job should look elsewhere the day to day work was not bad however pay was awful and no opportunity to increase your wages
Pros
easy part time work
Good place to work, management & scheduling is an issue
Front End Associate (Current Employee) –  Willow Street, PANovember 16, 2018
A typical day st work is multitasking & doing so many things at once, going back & forth to one thing after another. I learned that you aren’t going to love the job that you’re doing.
Very Hectic work place.
CASH ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 15, 2018
Very Hectic work place,employees do not come to work. Employees always late.Employees always getting smart with customers.

The hardest part of the job is not having coverage,on a daily basis. I paid more, The company would keep , the better employees. The company is very productive,because the older employees,pick up the lack. Most of the younger employees are very lazy, want to break all day,and talk on their cell phones.The most enjoyable part of the job, is that it is a weekly pay.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
short breaks
Exhausting job.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Dallas, PANovember 13, 2018
Management has very little skill when dealing with everyday aspect of the business. Corporate has completely gutted this company of very valuable employees. Employees are treated like a cost and not an asset. Hard workers are not rewarded and are often told to make up for employees who do not work. Too much work to do in a day and still told that not enough effort was made.
Cons
Poor manager skills. Too much work and not enough help.
Not a bad job
Seafood Associate (Current Employee) –  Robinson street binghamton nyNovember 13, 2018
The place operate slow which makes it hard and it take a toll on you when max hours are 33 to 34 and it difficult to maintain the cost of living when those hours are not guaranteed
Pros
Great flexibility
Cons
Management scolds doesnt mold
Horrible co workers
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jersey Shore, PANovember 12, 2018
I was a cashier and Weis was the worst place I have ever worked at. The customers were okay some were not nice but that’s people everywhere you work. What made it so awful was the co workers, they were unwilling to help the whole time I was there. If I needed money or coins for my drawer on a busy day I would go the whole day without any change or certain dollars I needed to give customers change, sometimes I would have to count dollars out in quarters. I had even asked multiple times In a 5 or 7 hour shift for coins and small bills and i got nothing and then would get yelled at when they would check my drawer and i was short. I got yelled at a lot when I asked to go on breaks, we were allowed a 10 minute break on short shifts and a 30 on a long shift. I frequently saw certain co workers standing around talking for long periods of time gossiping when a Customer needed help with something that I could not properly provide without higher up assistance. I repeatedly had to apologize to the customer for the long wait and sometimes the customer would get frustrated and go over demanding assistance. I was provided with mis information and bad instructions on how to do things properly and then get yelled at INFRONT of customers for simply doing what i was told. I’d sometimes have customers comforting me saying that it was not my fault and they are appalled by my co worker(s) actions. I frequently left work crying in frusteration dreading coming back because the co workers were awful. If your younger then 30 i highly recommend not applying for a job here, save yourself a lot of mental  more... strain and find a job that will not bring you down every single day. Weis markets has had a reputation of poor management and poor workers. I eventually quit after having enough of being put down on the daily simply asking for help with tasks a cashier could not complete. Long after I quit working there I would get dirty looks from previous co workers and walk into the most unfriendly hostile environment. I had a family death matter and I requested a day off in advance to spend the last hours with my dying relative just before they passed and I was told if I wanted to call off I needed to find someone to cover for me. They refused to provide me with the proper contact info to find someone to cover for me. Definitely never returning to weis markets again. The root of this cause stems all the way up from the front floor monitors to the high management. Something needs changed or else they will continue to lose workers like they already have been  less
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Lazy co workers, unfriendly co workers, getting yelled at for taking a REQUIRED 10 minute break
fun and productive workplace
Front End Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamlin, PANovember 9, 2018
A typical day at weis is doing your schedule job and maybe some other jobs as asked of you. Management is great. They try to work with the schedule you need.
Pros
Contest
Cons
Short Breaks
Small, slow-paced workplace with many friendly faces.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Scott Township, PANovember 9, 2018
This was a good first job, I gained cashier skills and also customer service skills. I liked management more before it was switched and I wish I had better hours. The most enjoyable part is the familiar faces you see. The hardest part is working out hours and scheduling or taking time off.
Pros
good area
Cons
short breaks
Coworkers are the only thing that kept me going here
Cashier/Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Fogelsville, PANovember 8, 2018
Weis was a fun place to work for the 3 years I worked there but that was only because of my coworkers. Some managers were also fun and would make your shift feel more like fun than work. Our store manager was terrible I don't even know how he still is employed.
it would be a great long term job.
Baker's Assistant/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Everett, PANovember 8, 2018
The management and other employees were extremely nice and caring. It is more of a relaxed working environment, as long as you can get your work done, the down time is yours to spend how youd like.
Stressful, awful work environment with poor management
Front End Sales Attendant (Former Employee) –  Brodheadsville, PANovember 8, 2018
You will be thrown into departments with little/no training. Also, you will be expected to run more than one department at once by yourself when things get busy or there are call offs, good luck getting any help.
Terrible workplace
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Westminster, MDNovember 7, 2018
I wouldn't recommend working at Weis Markets. In my experience, it was terrible. Everyday when I came to work it was always a mess. You don't get paid well at all, you can make more money in fast food. The only good thing about this company is that they are really good with minor laws and not allowing minors to over work hours.
Great entry level job
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Coopersburg, PANovember 6, 2018
Customers can be very discouraging, yet they can be anywhere you go. Lots of regular customers which makes comfortable work environment. Good job for part time students. Coopersburg Weis is closing in the 2019 year
Pros
easy job
Cons
short breaks, inconsisten hours
Typical grocery store job
Head Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  State College, PANovember 6, 2018
I enjoyed working for weis but management was spotty sometimes. I always enjoyed when I was able to learn new things and advance my skills. It was always a plus when they had "fun days."
Pros
ability to learn
Cons
Management skills
its fine
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Spotsylvania, VANovember 6, 2018
work well with others and mostly worked night there worked with me with everything that was going on and there were very understanding and its a okay places to go
Management is really bad
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 6, 2018
Management is really bad. They don't do swap of shifts if you cant work when you are scheduled you get documented for that. Its just unorganized and its very bad.
I would go back to work for this company in general a good place for employment
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PANovember 6, 2018
in general you worked on your own in the job that you were given and helped in other departments when necessary. Hardest part was trying to get work done in the time given because of people calling off.