Weiser Security Services, Inc Employee Reviews

2.9
Ratings breakdown
Treat other the way you ant to be treated
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  La Fayette, GAJuly 19, 2018
They don't like diversity at all. And it's a sad thing. I've had issue since I started working there . Poor communication no room to better myself. And they do not care about there employees.
Not a good company to work for!
Lead Flagger/Traffic Control (Former Employee) –  VintonLAJuly 13, 2018
Always corrections to be made! Never right on payday! Too much confusion and not coordinated at all! No water provided on parking lots! Supervisors are very uncoordinated. No notice on changes being made. Very poor supervisor skills!! I would never advise anyone to go to work at this company!!! Poor rating in all areas of company!
Cons
Always short on hours!!
General working conditions.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 4, 2018
Controlled gate access for a gated community, and secured the school campus premises. Learned about the different levels of security that the institution utilized, and also the protection devices that were used. Not able to protect myself physically was the hardest part of the job, and the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting the Jaguars players.
Pros
I had a job.
Cons
Transportation to the job sites.
I love it
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMarch 13, 2018
Wonderful place to work. Over time we became like a family. The management team is night, our contract holder is awesome. It is a great place to work and i enjoy coming here
Pros
work schedule
Cons
must find replacement for time off
Enjoy the resident on the property.
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 12, 2018
Working at my post is nice because of the board members attempting to take care of us on their property and I've taken it upon myself to learn more of what their needs are.
Management on the other hand, we are disconnected. The hard part is keeping employee.
Pros
The people loves us on their property
Cons
Our company doesn't care about us
Excellent working environment
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 26, 2018
I work Third Shift so its usually quiet. If you want to work more hours they will try to get you the additional hours if possible. My work enviornment has always been great!
Needs better management
Field Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 7, 2018
My overall experience with Weiser security was decent. I have learned a lot about communication with others as the site I worked in was in very close contact with the public. My only issue was the fact they were so unorganized and lack the pay and protection for the amount of work we needed to do. If pay was just a little higher the job may be worth it.
Pros
Personal Growth, More freedom
Cons
Lack of pay, unorganized
Management needs better structure
Unarmed Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Buena Park, CAJanuary 21, 2018
As big of a company Weiser is, they don’t offer much positions for guards who are ready to work. They do not offer or probably don’t have any armed posts available for hiring which is very disappointing for such a expanded company. I have yet to meet my field supervisor and offer feedback about the company and its guards who like to cater to themselves whenever possible. There’s very little interactions between guards especially when shifts change. There needs to be more management involved in employee cohesion to create a friendly and safe environment to be worked at.
Pros
Weekends are slow, weekly pay
Cons
Excessive driving to & from work, low wages, no vacation time
Very low pay
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  LouisianaJanuary 15, 2018
Low pay; involves shift work and exposure to the weather. Good for a "survival job", though. Fairly quiet and calm most of the time. Sometimes not the best organised company.
Pros
Fairly relaxing most of the time
Cons
you will work nights and weekends
Liars
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 1, 2018
Went in and did an application they did all the paperwork told me they had so many openings i waited for about a week and a half calling up there frequently they just gave me the run around saying they were still waiting for the account managers to look at my paperwork finally about a week after that i called up there again to talk to a account manager he said they had no openings available anymore which i dont get especially since i have my level 2 security license if you go in and apply just dont get your hopes up about getting hired they are liars and dont really care if they hire you at all
Cons
Great company to work for
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  AlabamaOctober 16, 2017
Plenty of opportunities to grab extra hours and overtime if you are motivated to do so. No charge for uniform items. Referral bonuses (for referring someone that ends up getting hired successfully).
Pros
Benefits, no charge for uniform items, plenty of hours
Poor service
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 25, 2017
They lose accounts and blame you. Have a complaint? They don't listen to you nor give you the time of day. They feed you negative after negative email and expect you to perform at tip top shape.
Cons
Nice company to work for!
Officer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 17, 2017
Most companies do not know you by name or even care about you. I was having some life challenges as we all do. They were understanding and understood. I was sent a card of encouragement and they even called to check up on me and my family. I'm a proud Weiser Officer and love the Tampa Branch.
Pros
a company that cares
Cons
pay is a little low
Good Employees, Iffy Management
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Manchester, TNJuly 11, 2017
The employees I worked with on a day to day basis were good people, but the management seems to not know a whole lot about how security operations actually work. They are more interested in bending over backwards for the customer than actually doing real security.
Pros
Good regular employees, flexible schedule
Cons
Bad management, bad at actual security
nice place to work as long as you have an assignment
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 7, 2017
when an assignment ends you have little or not income. If they know the assignment is ending you should not have to wait for another assignment. Most sights are nice, no complaints.
Cons
having to wait for new assignments
Good company
Security guard (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 6, 2017
Worked 21hrs a week at a trucking company secure all gates. I liked the company I was working for .Got to meet the truckers .Got paid every 2 weeks. At night was a little bit more challenging being a female guard.But in all a good company to work for they gave you days off we you need to be off a manager or another coworker would take your shift.
Pros
Meet good people.
Cons
Paid wasn't good
Overall Good Company
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 23, 2017
Good company to work for just need a better support system and break up the friendship hook up system. Managers need more support and the growth needs to slow down to not over work the staff.
Pros
Good benefits and bonus plans
Great Place to work
Site Supervisor/Security Officer (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaMay 23, 2017
Good place to learn and be very productive in the company. Everyone is very helpful and get a long well with each other. Very easy to talk to when you have appointments.
Typical Work Day
HR Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 25, 2017
Recruit and interviewing individuals for security officer positions, verifying time cards, maintaining personnel files and contacting previous employer, able to meet deadlines while maintaining accuracy, able to work with little supervision and to manage multiple tasks at once, general administrative work, meeting with potential candidates, conducting interview process, match candidates with prospective job placements. All aspects of running branch office smoothly.
The site was ok
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXApril 14, 2017
1placed me at a hospital site where they wanted me to do Security plus house keeping. I'm a registered Security officer not a registered house keeper!
Pros
Cons
Hospital staff supervise themselves. Dietary lead very unprofessional and disrespectful to staff.