Weiser Security Services Employee Reviews

Ok to work with officers
Officer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 18, 2019
I have called corparate office 2 times today and they hang up on me. I have an issue and when I talked to my supervisor manager he told me to take the day off. That's 7 hours of no pay I lose. Not happy I was told back in December I would be a supervisor never happened only making 7.50 hour drive 25 miles both ways. Kept getting told that I was going to be supervisor every other day never happened I called corporate office then I get moved to another location and another guy got supervisor job. They screw you bad. Charlotte office needs new managers.
It;s tough
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXJanuary 8, 2019
No support, no back-up, no care, not worth it for someone who cares about a decent career. Never sent my license to me, nor cared when I was hospitalized. Provided no corrections or feedback to junior members. Changed my working hours without notice or consideration
Steer Clear of This Company....
Former Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJanuary 8, 2019
This is one of the worst security companies in the area where I live. No one answers the phone when you call the office for assistance. It goes straight to voicemail EVERY TIME !! When you do leave a message, no one returns your call.

Poor, unprofessional office staff. When you walk in the office, they act like they are doing you a favor by assisting you.

Poor, unprofessional account managers. They do not check on you at the job site.

Low pay. No one can survive on what this company pays their security officers. All this company cares about is getting paid every month by the client for the contract.
Pros
Cons
Poor Account Management, Poor Office Staff, Low Pay.
Pathetic pay, any tolls are at your expense
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Port Fourchon, LAJanuary 7, 2019
Poor Pay, poor management, unable to access main office for anything.
Never answers the phone, never returns messages or calls. Biweekly paydays are unmanageable with a salary that does not meet cost of living expenses. No mileage pay for extensive work travel or toll bridges.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
Pathetic Pay
good staff
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 7, 2019
the staff was really well
everyone was nice
three days off
12 hour shifts
No good
With Halliburton (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXJanuary 3, 2019
The supervisors don’t know how to communicate with the other officers. I see them mistreating certain employers. They treat one of the workers like a dog.
well known as one of the worste
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 27, 2018
One of the lowest paying companies around. If you knew what they made on their contract it would make you sick. Their salaries are absolutely pathetic. You're there to make them money, and they aren't willing to share. Paying what they do amounts to having the worst guards around. The qualified ones wouldn't dream of their wages. Don't even apply, you can do better
n/a
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 21, 2018
Great place to work if you don't mind getting paid. You can never get help when you need it or time off at all don't work here unless you want to get paid 0
Very good place of business
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LADecember 3, 2018
Good job for beginners in the security field.My experience was very I wish I was able to go back but I can't.If you or someone you know is looking for a good security job Weiser is the place.
new start
SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 20, 2018
I was out of work for a year and weiser gave me a chance. But the pay is not enough for the cost of living. They have missed up on paycheck several times with my overtime and was around christmas time, when I needed the money. I didnt that over time until a month and half later, and they tried to give it to as regular instead of the over time rate which I work for.
Great Mgnt.and Staff, caring and professional.
Officer/Sgnt. (Current Employee) –  PHX, AZNovember 18, 2018
I love it here and returned recently after a 3yr pause, to a few new faces, however the professionalism has not changed. Mgnt. Is good at placing you where you can use your strongest skills. Premotions are earned. You can buy back vacations. Work hard and you will be acknowledged, pay is tolerable, OT usually available. Great communication in office/with guards.
Pros
Cons
Only insurance rates vs covered expences.
It’s good
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALNovember 11, 2018
The company is great to work for. They pay decently for the work that you do. Only con is not paid sick time. The manager is a nice understanding lady and the HR is great.
Pros
Hours, pay, manager
Cons
No paid sick days, always on call
Bad Business and shady managers
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNNovember 9, 2018
after helping them open a post, I had two employees quit within the first two days. I stayed and worked up to 16.5 hour days so the post would not be left unattended. I found a better job and left about two weeks into my employment. When I received my final check, they had cut my pay rate from $11.50/hr to minimum wage. I expected this was just a clerical mistake but when I reached out to the company, they told me they were under no obligation to honor my pay rate and would not pay me more than minimum wage for my last week, which i worked over 60 hours to help them keep the post. Their decision lacks all integrity and I hope this post will save some other prospective employee from having to deal with this worthless company.
Good company to work for
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLNovember 8, 2018
I have enjoyed this job. Pleasant co-workers. a typical day is very busy the first 3 hours of my shift and quite slow the last 5 hours. I have a gatehouse, but I am free to stay outside if I prefer.
Pros
fast paced. Pleasant surroundings
Cons
Our guard house is very small. The nearest restroom is 300 yards away.
Great Opportunity and work place
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasNovember 8, 2018
It's a great place to work. I worked as an Account Manager and worked anywhere from 3800 to 4200 man hours a week, Training in safety and procedures and the hardest part of the job was keeping job sites working to the potential of the clients expectations but what I loved about the job was the people I worked with and the fun that we had on our down time.
Pros
great benefits, Travel
its gret for a part time gig
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oswego, ILNovember 7, 2018
sadly due to it being contracted security the pay rate for all you must do wasn't a career choice but a job for in the meantime. its a good gig for starting out in security depending on location. a typical day at work was going in at 6am and staying for an 8 hour period. highly stressful hard to get people for the pay and what you have to do, I did learn crisis management and successfully survived in a chaotic environment but because your contracted if the client takes over chances are you'll wind up not staying as in house and scrambling to find new work. the hardest part of my job was trying to find coverage with limited manpower. the most enjoyable was the location and the 8 hours schedule and having weekends most times off when we had manpower.
Pros
convienent location for me
Cons
no breaks, no lunches, no manpower
Weiser
Security Concierge Officer (Current Employee) –  TexasNovember 6, 2018
I have been working with Weiser security for over a year and it has had its ups and downs but i love my job and the environment that i work in is awesome as well.
good work environment really don't bother you
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 2, 2018
Love coming in and switching shifts, getting the criteria on what has taken place on that day. The most enjoyable part is that I'm on my own securing the lot. There is really not hard part about my job, cadillac. The workplace is phenomenal, not too busy, not too laid back.
Typical private security firm
Administrative Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 27, 2018
Same ol' story - the industry will never improve. They look good on paper and online, but not in reality. Some branch offices are better than others..
Pros
Large firm, lots of accounts, above-average employee recognition programs
Cons
Typically mediocre average wages, long hours, varying schedules, minimal advancement, difficult pre-employment assessment test
Wesier would be a good place to work
SECURITY SITE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 26, 2018
One must care about their workers as I did while working with Weiser. I never encounter an issued when it came to finding someone to replace a call in. The reason being is because I treated my officers with dignity and respect. More bees with honey always.
Pros
Cons
pay, no benefits, unprofessional Account Managers