wejo Employee Reviews

Supportive work environment
Call center insurance concierge (Former Employee) –  Tattenhall, CheshireFebruary 11, 2019
Really enjoyed my time working for Wejo. Slightly repetitive but great work life balance. Managers were always on hand to help you succeed. Would recommend.
Pros
Great working inviroment, fair salary + driven to help you succeed
Cons
Repetitive
February 19, 2019

Thank you for leaving a review. We are so pleased that you had such a positive experience here with us. It's important to us that employees are both empowered to contribute to the success of the company and supported in achieving their own goals. We understand that sometimes necessary tasks can become repetitive; we would always advise any employee to talk to their manager or the HR team so we're able to support them in shaping a more challenging or varied role. We wish you the best of luck for the future.

Poor company to work for
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  TattenhallFebruary 7, 2019
Likely to be let go for no reason except if your face fit's.

HR complicit in bad working practices.

Management have no clue on how the business is to grow and make things up as they go along.
Pros
Decent money
Cons
Poor management
February 11, 2019

Thank you for leaving a review, we appreciate you sharing your thoughts on your time working here. We're unable to comment on individual cases in this forum, but would like to provide reassurance that we have processes in place to ensure we always operate fairly. We'll make sure that your feedback reaches the right team to ensure we continue to enhance and evolve the employee experience.

If you want to be challenged, & really push yourself outside of your comfort zone, then wejo is the place to be!
Leader (Current Employee) –  Chester, CheshireDecember 16, 2018
There's no such thing as a typical day at wejo. The fast paced environment means that you have to be comfortable flexing & adapting at the drop of hat. If you enjoy 'routine', then this perhaps isn't the place for you.
Resilience is a core quality that you have to posses in order to succeed. A lot is expected of the workforce here....
BUT, here's the good part - you get a whole raft of reward back. From stretching your skill set, to the OTE, to the personal development & working in a unique marketplace. The ability to progress your career within wejo is fantastic, but no one is going to hand it to you. You will have to be prepared to carve out your own plan.
The most difficult part of the role is maintaining focus. The variability of the projects being worked on can often lead to confusion. It's important to keep revisiting the key objectives & ensure that you understand them clearly.
A fantastic (and often crazy - meant in the best possible sense!) place to work. Great people, great culture (and getting better all the time)!
If you love to be challenged then this is the place to be!
December 18, 2018

Thanks for reviewing us, we always welcome any feedback. The nature of our business means that we’re working in a new and cutting-edge industry; we’re one of the pioneering companies helping to define the future of this industry and that’s both exciting and challenging for us all as a team.
It’s really important to us that all employees have the best experience here with us, both day-to-day and for longer term career development. We’re really glad to hear that you’re enjoying your time here with us and hope you continue to do so.

Fast paced and impressive
Tech (Current Employee) –  Chowley OakNovember 30, 2018
This is a typcial start up, fast paced, change driven and constantly wanting more.

If you operate at the top of your game, it's the best place for you.

I've not seen any genuine negatives like some of the reviews I've read on here.

If you want to work hard, be rewarded well, and be in an ever changing environment, then this place absolutely delivers on that.

Nothing is ever perfect, don't expect it.
Pros
progression, attitude, team
Cons
location
December 4, 2018

Thanks for taking the time to leave feedback, it’s great to hear that you’re enjoying your time here. We definitely agree that it’s both challenging and rewarding, especially as we’re working in an emerging industry. We’re all playing a role in shaping the future of connected cars, and we think that’s really exciting too.

Started off on the wrong foot and it didn't get better.
Contact Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Tattenhall, CheshireSeptember 6, 2018
Applied for a certain job that was advertised, interviewed for a different role and offered a different job that I had to take. Was promised the job I applied for would be available in a matter of months but a year later went by and it still wasn't any closer to fruition. Horrible job, horrible hours and not enough respite. Company is driven too much by money and not employee well being.
Pros
Decent wage
Cons
Misleading job advertisement, horrible job role.
October 16, 2018

Thanks for your feedback. We're sorry to learn that you feel this way. It's so important to us that every employee has a positive experience at wejo; we would always advise anyone to discuss any issues with their line manager or the HR team. We will ensure your feedback is passed onto the relevant team.

Would not recommend
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Tattenhall, CheshireAugust 17, 2018
Nice environment to work. I have given it one star because it's not a reliable place to work, by that I mean no job security.

I wouldn't advice anyone to take a mortgage. Anyway I have worked there for about six months n have seen people fired just for small petty things.
October 16, 2018

We're glad to hear your positive feedback regarding the office; we're always working on improving our environment so there are plenty more positive changes to come in the following months too.
We are, however, sorry that you felt your experience at wejo wasn't all positive. Although we aren't able to discuss specific cases of dismissal, we can share that we have robust and fair procedures in place. We will certainly pass your feedback to the relevant teams.

Not a nice job to be in.
N/A (Former Employee) –  Tattenhall, CheshireApril 13, 2018
It's very long hours for what works out to be average pay. There's no real progression and you're not certain your job is always safe. They aren't at all flexible with personal circumstances. The customers you deal with are often abusive and rude. There's virtually no benefits and the office is basically in the middle of nowhere. The managers are rather patronising and they don't really have much of a clue about what they're doing there themselves.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, average pay, unfriendly working environment
Good team to work around
Call Centre Agent (Current Employee) –  Chester, CheshireNovember 24, 2017
The job in itself was average, very repetitive but a good office environment and really nice people to work with. Some of the managers thought very highly of themselves being quite intimidating at times but other than that it would a really good place to work.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Long hours, repetitive
A workplace I love
Executive Assistant to CEO (Current Employee) –  TattenhallFebruary 19, 2015
A business that I absolutely love, a team I enjoy working with. Full of challenges and new stuff to learn from what I have been doing. Pleased to have a great line manger offering flexibility and rewards to members of staff.

It has been a good memory working for my boss, working with my colleagues and progressing with the business.
Pros
Versatile duties, trainings provided, flexibility when needed, exciting business projects

Ask a question about working or interviewing at wejo. Our community is ready to answer.