Wekiva Springs Center Employee Reviews

Owner is not good
MHA and nurse (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 8, 2018
The owner is judgmental and is you say or do something she does not life or want to improve the place to make he look incapable she with be up your butt and try to get rid of you so she does not look bad.
Don't go there
Psychiatric Nurse (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 26, 2018
They work you like a dog, repetitious paperwork, all they care about is how many bodies they can get into the facility to make some money. And they refuse to convert from paper logging to electronic.
Cons
too many to say
easy place to work, busy and stressful but easy
Charge Nurse/ Clinical Nurse Educator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 15, 2017
This job was great given the nature of the clientele. The staff formed a great bond and provided excellent care for the patients and their families. The administration was less than supportive and at times inconsiderate.
If youre looking for a job to where you can work a lot of ot. This is it.
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 26, 2017
Wekiva is a decent place to work. It doesn't pay the greatest, but the staff is amazing. As a guy working here, it was beneficial because of my size, but with my size I'm also the guy they call on the most. If that's the case I feel I should be compensated for such.
Pros
Overtime, different pace daily
Cons
low staffed, not enough pay
cons out way the good
Social Services (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 17, 2017
you will def. need to use your time management skills! There will always be something going on and 5 things to do at once. UHS (company that owns Wekiva) cares about $- for instance if the hospital drops down to a certain census, they will cut a full time staff member and freak out. The census could go right back up two days later, so instead of waiting and let it even out....full time staff has to use their PTO.
Its a good gig right out of grad school and you will learn a whole lot.
Pros
learning inpatient care
Cons
company doesnt care about employees, poor management
Fast paced, rewarding
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 21, 2017
I enjoyed working at Wekiva. The only problem was the job security. Scheduled days were cancelled frequently due to the patient census which fluctuated often due to voluntary admissions and check outs. On major holidays, patients would go home and return afterwards. I would average 1 to 3 days a week of 5 scheduled.That is how it was the year I worked there.
Pros
Pay was good.
Cons
Cancellation of scheduled work days.
Very helpful to the community
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 6, 2017
The workplace culture is the most enjoyable about this place. I learned a great deal over the ten years I spent there. The hardest part was trying to get all of your work done with amount of staff. This hospital is truly helping the community.
Pros
Great initiatives
Cons
Poor management
Registered Nurse
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 31, 2017
Wekiva is a place where the patients come first. I love being a part of their team. They are an organized facility that provides proper care of they patients. The staff is like a small family and they help one another.
Productive work enviroment with experienced workers
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 18, 2016
I love my job! I think the hardest part about my job is having to restrain a patient because you don't want them to hurt themselves or someone else. I feel that the staff that I work with is a family. We all lift each other up.
Pros
excel in the mental health field
Cons
short breaks, you need an hour break
Productive, very high work ehtics.
Externship (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 21, 2015
Everyone knew what to do as soon as they walked in the door. No confusion as to who does what but there were days when you would learn something new by helping some one complete work or participate in different projects. I learned coding, filing of medical charts, putting together charts, release of information, answering phones, dealing with the physicians.
Pros
Free lunches were available if you did not or could not pay.
Cons
They only hire from within for certain positions.
Productive , fast paced
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 14, 2014
Wekiva is a productive place to be , Very fast paced environment to be in . At this time we have a pretty good staff . I have learned how to do many tings since I have been there as in , filing paperwork , keeping up with payroll , calling and making orders with venders . There is nothing really hard about the job it's just getting everyone to work together as a team . I enjoy the rest of the environment at Wekiva .
Pros
To get the experience so I can follow up getting something better and different, learning how to deal with diffeent people
Cons
healthcare
Somebody's dream job.
Mental Health and Recovery Liaison, (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 28, 2014
Very supportive management team. Flexible schedule.
A typical day at work would be 5 hours of making calls at PCP offices and 3 hours of office work. The hardest part of the job was the monotony of cold calls. Most enjoyable part of job was lunch and learns with doctors.
Pros
Flexible schedule.
Cons
Monottony of cold calls.
dedicated to helping mental health and addictive patient population.
Community Liaison (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 16, 2014
Marketed to hospitals, medical clinics, medical offices and mental health professionals to help emotionally injured and substance abuse patients find a new healing opportunity. Learned patience. Not everyone is ready to change for the better. Management and staff supportive. Care givers are dedicated professionals. Enjoyed seeing progress of patients who embraced a new beginning.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Executive Admin. Asst./Aftercare Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 5, 2014
My day consisted of dealing with patients, daily reports, pulling medical records, dealing with doctors,organizing and planning conferences,meetings,luncheons, customer service,answering phones,multi tasking,etc.
Pros
Friendly working invironment, helping others
good place to work
lpn (Former Employee) –  jacksonvilleAugust 20, 2013
good place to work, management is ok
co workers are very nice.
Not too bad
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FloridaNovember 7, 2012
My main focus when I'm at work is to do the job at hand. Once that is done then I can help others or go home. When I am in the medical field I am only interested in helping people who need it.Nothing else matters until the job is done.
A Nice Professional Environment .
Mental Health Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 1, 2012
When I first started working at Wekiva client care was our number one goal. To insure that they had the proper food and counseling sessions needed for their treatment plan. Every aspect was done according to the guidelines.

Soon after I began working the budget changed and the Men complained of not having enough food. The evening snack would consist of Peanut butter and bread.

With the budget being cut, the counselors had to be decreased. So in my opinion the patient's care suffered. Many checked out of the program.
Pros
lunches the staff lunches were not provided to us for free.
Cons
there was many days that we would not receive a break or lunch break.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wekiva Springs Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Wekiva Springs Center Reviews by Location