Welbilt Employee Reviews

Emphasis on short-term stock gains is driving employees away
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Sellersburg, INOctober 7, 2018
The Welbilt culture is very site-specific, and my site is a close-knit group. However, management's emphasis on short-term stock gains has led to regular layoffs (despite profitability and rising margins) and a collapse in employee morale.
Great Place to Work
Corporate Regional Chef (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 28, 2018
Had a great time working for Welbilt. Learned all about kitchen equipment and where it could help customers in their establishments. I worked with some great people and saw the world.

A typical day sometimes would be doing a demo or two and following up with customers and offering solutions to their kitchens with Welbilt equipment. Some days would be emailing and writing reports on customer development. Other days would include supporting customer needs with equipment in the field or working one on one with customer and their food items on Welbilt equipment. Updates on Salesforce were regular and a daily task.

The hardest part of the job was balancing work and life.

Most enjoyable part of job was receiving feedback from a job or demo well done, or finding a customer a solution that has improved their kitchen operations.
Pros
Great People
Cons
No Cons
Great Company
Claims Analyst/Technical Training Administrator (Current Employee) –  Manitowoc, WIJune 5, 2018
Working as a temporary employee for Welbilt has been a great experience. The management goes above and beyond to show appreciation for their employees.
I enjoy my job and co-workers
Service Program Coordinator, Full-time (Current Employee) –  Manitowoc, WIMay 21, 2018
Always busy, time flies, can be stressful (in a good way). Great customers, great service network, and easy to get along with co-workers. Expectations are fully explained and easy to accomplish.
Customer Service
Inside Sales Account Manager / Manitowoc (Former Employee) –  Sellersburg, INMarch 21, 2018
It is a great place to work but they are closing and downsizing. Moving everything to Mexico. It is really hard to feel secure in your job when they move everything to Mexico.
Terrible place to work
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  FloridaMarch 20, 2018
Terrible management team. No one really cares about your well being, The management team does not know how to lead others. The workplace culture is cut throat
Production
Welder/Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Mt. Pleasant, MIMarch 7, 2018
Most of theses reviews are office people. I work in the plant on the floor. Nobody knows anything and its always a constant argue with management about doing things that should not be done.
Cons
Extremely wonderful place to work. Great people, great leaders, great benefits. Overall very satisfying work place.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  MichiganJanuary 31, 2018
Love working with this company. Very satisfying work environment, and wonderful knowlegable individuals that thrive at always giving 110% with any given task. I would highly recommend anyone who wants to feel like they are part of an extra special company that enjoys staying motivated and busy. This company strives on building wonderful quality built merchandise, that your truly proud to say you are a part of.
Pros
Wonderful benifits, great christmas potlucks, coffee and water supplied. Great co-workers. Saturday's off.
Cons
None that I can think of.
Casual dress, most generally a great place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MI 48804August 30, 2017
My direct boss got fired 2 years ago and the new replacement interim boss didn't want to give me any work to do. Instead he hired another administrative assistant and gave her half of my work and let me sit there with nothing to do for most of the day. When I asked him for more work, he wouldn't respond to my emails. He avoided contact with me all together.
Pros
Snack day every Friday
Cons
Family promoted first within the company. If you had a relative working there, you would get first chance at a promotion.
As a consultant to Welbilt
Consultant Lead Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Trinity, FLAugust 12, 2017
This was a great place to learn new Ideas and challenge you own creativity. I was well respected and they have extremely talented workers there. I was very well respected and had a great time helping develop tomorrows technology.
Pros
Well Respected
Cons
Some time the challenge was way out of my career path.