Welcome Wagon

Welcome Wagon Employee Reviews

United States45 reviews
The technical and administrative support is there to help me succeed. Management is on the side of the sales executive. The schedule for the day is entirely structured by the employee. Hours are flexible as long as the work is being done. Administrative office work is minimal.
New innovations in remote presentations are responsive to the present uncertain medical emergency. Management has responded well to the employee concerns of face to face meetings during the COVID-19 emergency.
This is a great company that offers unbelievable support to their field team. It is a 100% commission job so requires building pipeline and constant management of sales opportunities.
We get 20% of any sale as commission and then taken out of that commission is the postage for the postcards that are mailed out. I have made $5000 to $6000 in the last nine months and $1300 was paid out for postage on postcards. So the company does not pay that postage. Training is almost nonexistent. I do appreciate the flexibility of it and the possibilities that I can see.
None of my customers received more customers through our marketing and advertising. Their product was terrible, I worked to build a long-term relationship with my customers and not one received more customers.
Pros
Fully remote, great work/life balance
Cons
Manager could care less about you; some did not feel you were worth their time.
The training was excellent!! My field manager went above and beyond for her team. I learned a lot about the client's needs for marketing and branding their businesses successfully.
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Zero stars wasn't an option! So I'm forced to give them at least one. Worked for WW the first time and had a horrible manager! Quit after 4 weeks of zero training, zero communication and zero help from management. Picked up some part time hours a year and a half later and still a horrible
company. This time I couldn't get paid as I was supposed to be. Closed contract- no paycheck! RUN! STAY AWAY!
January 27, 2020
Thank you for your comment. The deadlines for mailing in contracts are in writing and provided to our Sales Representatives. Commission on fully executable contracts are paid if earned whether you are employed or have left. If you have a question as to whether your contract was executable, please contact the corporate office.
company has changed somewhat since. But management was terrible. Product I never saw. Commission terrible. Benefits very expensive. Fully remote. struggling company
The coporate office was an absolute amazing environment to work in. It felt like a great big family! You will feel a really great energy working there as everyone is so passionate about what they do.
Commission based salary - all leads to prospects to sale are self generated - work from home - you schedule for appointments, networking, and events are created by ones self
If you like freedom it’s great job. But if you need to support yourself this job is not for you. I had a great manager and I was self motivated but overall no security you used your own car etc and the pay was not there.
Pros - work your own schedule, be your own boss, work as much or as little as you want.
Cons - long sales cycle so no pay for long periods of time, untrained managers for this type of sales, internal back biting and watched while top sales person was squashed each time she did something good, not very motivating, unrealistic sales goals, terrible and limited training, conflicting information that made closing sales impossible, 100% commission and no reimbursement for expenses.
This is a completely remote job with a territory completely assigned to sales people. The district manager is hands on, gives regular advice and available when I have questions I didn't know how to answer.

It is completely commision based after 2 months. My advice would be to prepare, prepare, prepare. Also, your territory needs to have the corporate base or you are selling for someone else's territory. I sold for several employees when the businesses were in my territory. That means I got zero commision for my work and no recognition.

Corporate supplies are out of pocket after 2 months. Therefore, factor that in.

Great company that believes in it's goals. One can work around children-Awesome. Manager wants total information in an in of the week report so time is accounted for. So, being on the clock for 15 hours one day does not handle another day of working for 5-6 hours.

They are flexible. I had appointments on Saturday/ Sunday, and weekday evenings. This is when my new businesses had time. Communication is key to management regularly, and the online system they use is not up to date. Therefore, calls are necessary to the company even when I sent signed contracts in with payment.

Too long, and hope the best.
Pros
Flexible schedule-Ability to develop territory-Manager open to guidance, not continuous training
Cons
Surprise conference calls, Monthly goal changes daily, commission not paid on time as promised, Competitive sales competitions and rewards not given at all
If you enjoy getting out and meeting ppl and making sales this is a great job for you.
The management is extremely helpful and will answer the phones at any time to help you.

Training was good and helpful.

It is a small salary plus commission. Pay is good if you make the sales. It’s not an easy job. You have to go out and make it happen. But it can be done.
No real training. The manager Pam does not do a good job of training or giving the information you will need to succeed. She seems like doesnt care about your success. She does not spend the time with you in the field. She doesn't reach out to you or make herself available to you as needed. She also doesn't seem like a joyful person. She comes across as an angry person
The company is very supportive and your compensation it high. I would recommend this company to many looking for a lucrative sales position. You will learn about many businesses and make many new friends.
For its entry level sales position, called a Community Marketing Executive, there is NO salary. The pay is 100% commission, and it takes time to grow a territory. Essentially you are dependant upon renewals after the first year to have any stable income. That's fine, but be prepared to make $1200 a month for the first year. If you can live off that then great. If not, don't do this. You ll hear stories of top sellers making $10,000 per month. This is possible, but most likely only after years of having clients renew, plus making new sales. It's a great organization that provides all the materials you need and tons of support from their office staff in Florida. But be aware that there have been many adaptations of this company over the past 20 years, and some have left a very bad taste in people's mouths. As a sales person, you'll be up against this bad reputation and you'll have to work to repair it before you make sales. Just be aware and prepare, because it's not as easy as they make it sound. You get to make your own hours though and work directly with your clients and that is a lot of fun.
Pros
Fun work
Cons
No salary, commision only compensation
May 2, 2019
Thank you taking the time to provide your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed working with your clients and being able to set your own schedule.
Commission sales is definitely something that has to fit into what you are looking for financially. As you wrote, we do provide the tools and support to add to your success and, as with any sales position, it takes hard work and determination. Every month can be different because of the commission compensation, but we do have new CME's earning more than $1200 per month in their first year. Best of luck with your future endeavors!
While you are provided with a defined Territory, it has previously been worked. Many clients used the program and did not feel it worked for them. You quickly run out of potential clients in the area. Management holds calls twice a week, but you hear the same thing on each call.
Pros
Working Independently
Cons
Management is not very involved
May 2, 2019
Thank you for your feedback. Your manager is available to address your concerns regarding the obstacles you are encountering in your territory. You are also welcome to call our Sales & Marketing team in the Corporate Office to discuss them. We hope you take advantage of these experienced individuals to support you in your success!
I Loved Working for Welcome Wagon!!!! I had an absolutely Wonderful Manager and Leadership Team and it made my going to work so enjoyable. I truly loved Cold Calling and Prospecting and speaking with potential customers and discussing with them how our Company can benefit their Marketing needs and increase their Revenue with the use of our Services. The people I would meet with and the relationships that came out of being a part of this Wonderful Company were Some of The Greatest People I have Ever Met!!!!
Pros
Our customers, Management team and the relationships built within this fine company
Cons
None whatsoever
May 2, 2019
We appreciate your feedback on your experience with Welcome Wagon. It's so nice to hear that you created new relationships with your co-workers and clients! Best of luck with everything!
Good work/life balance, managers easy to work with, job culture is what you make it since it is a remote position, need to be self starter and highly motivated
Poor management, antiquated product, and lack of training- they continuously hire employees and don’t train. Welcome Wagon, as a company, should take more time and pride in training representatives-
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Huge turnover- lack of training
May 2, 2019
We are sorry to hear that you feel you didn't get the proper training. We do have a Human Resources team and a Sales & Marketing team that these concerns should be brought to so that we can address them. We invest in the hiring, training and management of our new employees, and our intent is that it is being executed successfully. We encourage feedback internally so that we can better our processes. Our products are print, digital and social media advertising, and all of our print material was updated in 2018.
Company was very supportive but you were only as good as your last sale. Product was difficult to sell in an online world. Loose full commission if customer does not fulfill 1 year contract.
Pros
Training
Cons
Product hard to sell in an online world
May 2, 2019
Thank you for recognizing the support we provide to our sales team. We do offer online products - digital and social media advertising and have an app and website. If a client cancels a contract, we charge back only the remaining portion of commission, not the full commission which has been paid upfront. Thank you again for your feedback.