Welcome Wagon Employee Reviews

Welcome wagon should be embarrassed that they are not taking time to create a solid salesforce to represent their product and name
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CASeptember 11, 2018
Poor management, antiquated product, and lack of training- they continuously hire employees and don’t train. Welcome Wagon, as a company, should take more time and pride in training representatives-
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Huge turnover- lack of training
Good company support
Community Marketing Agent (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLJuly 19, 2018
Company was very supportive but you were only as good as your last sale. Product was difficult to sell in an online world. Loose full commission if customer does not fulfill 1 year contract.
Pros
Training
Cons
Product hard to sell in an online world
High Rating with Caveats
Community Marketing Executive (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 17, 2018
This is a good company with a unique business plan. Great people, good training, and super sales support. You manage your own time.

The sales presentation is short and simple. You offer category exclusivity as you market to new homeowners in a specific geographic area. It's direct mail supported by a digital marketing program.

On Monday, you'll join a short conference call, then spend the rest of the day setting appointments. The target is 70 telephone calls to generate 16 firm appointments, 4 per day, Tue - Fri with door pulls in between appointments. Of the 16 appointments, your goal is to close two or more deals (per week).

On Friday, you'll report your results mid-afternoon, then prepare your Monday call target list.

If you have keen COLD-CALL skills and proven success with the ONE-CALL-CLOSE, you'll do well.

Caveat: This job requires a HUNTER. If your behavioral profile is not that of a Hunter, I would recommend looking elsewhere.
Pros
Company provides training, coaching and resources
Cons
The digital marketing program is not supported with analytics.
Great Place to work
Business Sales (Commission Only) (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTMay 1, 2018
Wish I had gotten businesses to sign up. A great company.

I loved meeting new people and discussing how great Welcome Wagon program is for businesses.

I'm a huge supporter of promoting local businesses and Welcome Wagon was a perfect fit.
Cons
Great for part-time, but don't expect any company support
Community Marketing Executive (Former Employee) –  ArizonaApril 17, 2018
Was hired less than a year ago and was really excited to become part of Welcome Wagon. Then they started demoting managers, and letting upper management go. This made me start to do more research.
They have a revolving door of marketing/sales representatives, and they're perfectly fine with that. They look at it from the perspective that once the sales rep is gone, they won't have to pay out the commission for the renewal.
Training is done on your own, with no real follow up or support once you're done training. You'll be paid $500 a month for first 2 months, than it's 100% commission. This is an outside sales job, so your expected to be out in the field looking for new business. They tell you that you'll get mileage reimbursement, but it's not real mileage reimbursement. It is an amount based on a tier of your sales. If you have a slow month, you get $100. You only get paid once a month on the 20th, so you have to be able to stretch your pay.
This is ideal for a part-time position because of the flexibility, but don't expect to make living wages.
Pros
Work from home, flexible schedule
Enjoyable workplace
Community Marketing Executive (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYApril 13, 2018
Good products. However, needs to reach more consumers at a more affordable price to the business owner.
Would help renewals. Pleasant approach to businesses and work environment with co-workers.
Pros
Good initial training
Cons
Could use more product and ongoing field training
Horrible Company, Pathetic product!
CME (Former Employee) –  PAMarch 8, 2018
I worked for this company for just shy of 6 months and got the heck out of there. Sales were no where to be found! _People use Clipper mag or val pac in our area!!!

This product is out of date and no one wants to purchase this kind of marketing in PA!!! I felt embarrassed to push such an item when people would chase me out of their stores. It did not matter to management in their sixties, what did they know this was the form of marketing they knew. NO ONE in this day and age wants this! Please do not waste your time or your families! My child was having major surgery and my manager was going to be out of the area and she asked another high powered CME to mentor me that week! I was beyond annoyed and told them - hello my child is in the hospital and you want what? Give me a break. A few days later I met my manager and said yeah I am done! Here is your pathetic brief case and material. Till this day, no one has ever taken over that area - Why - NO ONE WANTS THIS JOB. I have an amazing FT job this was gap fill in nothing more never imagined how horrible this experience would be. DO NOT waste your time or education on such an job. It is not a job but a sweat shop and you are the minion!
Pros
Cons
Long work days cold calling, told to get out of establishments, management made typos at the expense of the few people that made purchases!!!
Good job for a person that just wants to get out of the house
Community Marketing Executive (Former Employee) –  Yelm, Spanaway & LakewoodFebruary 28, 2018
Welcome Wagon would be a good job for a retired person or a housewife that wants to get out of the house and make a little money. I really liked getting out and meeting people, and Welcome Wagon is a good service. The problem is that it is not a job that you can support yourself. The training is almost completely on the job training, that you do yourself. I didn't like my immediate supervisor, she was hard to talk to. I try to use empathy and not completely blame her she was overworked covering two states and always having to hire due to heavy turnaround,
Pros
autonomy of running your day
Cons
$, lack of benefits, lack of Welcome Wagon training, lack of community awareness of the Welcome Wagon name in my area.
On the right path, but missing the big picture.
Community Marketing Executive (Current Employee) –  Atwater, CAFebruary 5, 2018
Great training, great people but if you NEED a paycheck on a regular basis, this is not the job for you. This company has spent a lot of money making themselves relevant in the world they do business by adding very current marketing like digital and social media, they spend money on great training, great products, but they are missing the other the part concerning taking care of their people. A small base pay would go a long way to keeping people while you are building your pipeline. You can go months without pay in the meantime. $25 gift cards do not make up for a paycheck. Turn over truly affects the next person selling in the territory, especially if there is a long time gap or they left things hanging. Just invest in your people a little more and this would be a great place to work.
The BRAND is the other problem. The perception is that Welcome Wagon just isn't what people are looking for anymore. Market the BRAND. The products are GREAT but the Brand is holding you back. Young people do not respond to print marketing and do not relate to the lady that used to bring a basket to the door. Your Digital and Social Media is top notch but gets lost in the minutia of expensive print and lack of BRAND awareness.
Pros
Great training, fun people, work/life balance
Cons
No base pay, hard to build a pipeline, bad feelings about the community being abandoned by the prior rep.
Great Work from home job
Community Marketing Executive (Current Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLJanuary 19, 2018
Great job that allows you flexibility to work from home. They provide great sales support. The downside is that their presentations are print based. We need to be able to make presentations on laptops and tablets digitally.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
CEO doesn't seem to understand his sales people
Rude and bad reputation
Community Marketing Executive (Former Employee) –  Middle TennesseeJanuary 10, 2018
I was excited to get job but once I got into business, found out they were not good to clients or employees. My manager was really kind at first then turned into a non-stop badgering boss that reminded us we needed sales so that she could get her quota and bonus. She was rude if you didn't get what she felt was "enough" in sales. Corporate office and manager got irate when my child and I were ill and I had to be off work. Another team member of mine, was fired due to her car breaking down because she wouldn't make sales calls for a couple of days (even though making phone calls and setting up appts while not being able to make sales calls). Had to use my own car to travel all over but only got mileage pay if sales were high.
Pros
Possibly commission good
Wonderful organization
Community Marketing Executive (Current Employee) –  FloridaOctober 10, 2017
This is a great job for those who need work flexibilty, and don't have to rely on this income for support, at first. It takes awhile to build up income. A fully commissioned sales position. You work out of your home. President very forward thinking. Company has integrity. Very supportive admin staff.
Pros
Flexibility, management, support, residual income potential.
Cons
Fully commissioned sales, The opportunity can be limited depending on the particular territory.
A lot of effort; little reward
Community Marketing Executive (Former Employee) –  Washington StateJuly 18, 2017
Okay enough company to work for, but you are required to put in a lot of effort for very little compensation (including paying for your own membership in community organizations and chambers of commerce, although you're representing the company). The brand isn't recognized or accepted in all parts of the country, so some areas are harder than others to break through the business community. Spiffs are offered, but rarely paid. After the initial paid training period, you are paid only a 20% commission on your sales (individually calculated, not accumulative), with no residuals for prior clients. Expenses aren't reimbursed, and only $100 a month is given for gas usage (they still owe me a couple of spiffs that were promised, and my last month's $100 gas allowance). Very little training is provided, and you're on your own if you start to falter.
Pros
Ability to work from home and set your own schedule.
Cons
Low pay, little training, unpaid expenses.
Not recommended
Outside Sales (Former Employee) –  Pasco County, FLMay 31, 2017
My car transmission went out. I was not able to work for 3 weeks, until it was repaired. I contacted them as soon as it happened and kept them informed as I knew something. They let me go. Even though it was a work from home marketing position. I was just 3 months into it, lining up my clients, knowing soon the contracts would come in. A big one did a week after they let me go. I knew that was going to happen! I turned in two small contracts - because my manager cut the prices and told them they could do 6 months instead of a year contract. That wasn't good enough for them.
Great place of employment
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plainview, NYMay 15, 2017
This was my favorite job and the only reason I left was due to layoffs leading up to the company closing down. Pay was great and I had the best manager a brand new employee could have asked for.
Sales oriented company
Community Marketing Executive (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLDecember 16, 2016
Welcome Wagon is a good place to work. It's a sales oriented company. They pretty much leave you alone to work at your own speed.

The hardest part of the job is selling to difficult customers.

The most enjoyable part of the job is freedom in which they allow you to work.
Pros
Freedom to work at your own speed.
Cons
Straight commission.
a first experience in print advertising
advertising sales (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 15, 2016
I enjoyed a good training opportunity and learned the pros of selling well in to a well known publication sponsored by Realtor.com
Pros
good training and support
It was a good job
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAJuly 1, 2015
This is a good company to work for and I made some great relationships. There is no room for growth and I am always looking to better myself. I would recommend working here if you can work on commission only.
Pros
Flexible, working from home and great managers
Cons
Commission only and no advancement opportunities.
name recognition
Community Manager Executive (Current Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLJune 8, 2015
positive work outlook/ need strong phone presentation/ advertising sales/ 75 % working phones for setting appointments/ 25% meeting with clients. Work with layout division to produce proofs. Only printed advertising.
Pros
time/ work balance
Cons
compensation
Work Life Balance is great
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Orange Park, FLJuly 28, 2014
work with little direction, management is there, but only if you need them.
pay structure needs to be revisited.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Welcome Wagon. Our community is ready to answer.