Welcov Healthcare Employee Reviews

2.5
Ratings breakdown
My bosses did not priotitize the residents and the CNA's who where there longer got paid lesa then the new CNA's that we trained. The food was awful
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTJuly 24, 2018
Pay correctly and respect the CNA's. Priorities and don't make money more important. We rarely got breaks. And we where often short staffed. No AC....
Pros
Communication between CNA's
Cons
Short to no breaks.
Could have been much better
IT Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNJuly 8, 2018
A lot of lies and stalling. More of a pay-out for the executive team than a company that cares about it's employees or the residents it should care for. Would not recommend employment here unless you want to be a password resetting drone with no forward progression or leadership.
Pros
Left alone for days on end.
Cons
Outdated tech, close minded leadership
Horribly managed without adequate care to offer
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sioux City, IAJuly 2, 2018
Enjoyed co-workers and floor staff that were there day to day as well as wonderful people for residents. Management was awful while knowing how short staffed the place was.. didnt care if employees were burned out, just more concerned with filling the schedule so managers wouldn't have to work the floor... which still happens. Administrator is a joke. A dog that goes to the bathroom or vomits on the residents' common area/living room floor does not belong at your work. Be careful not to step in it, even though the administrator walks around the place like she's permanently got some on her shoe on the few days a month that she is actually physically there. The DON and other nursing managers are fake and will flat out lie or make promises they know they have no intentions of keeping. If there isnt a replacement scheduled for you, good luck because it's apparently not anyone else's problem to fix it.
Pros
Great nursing staff
Cons
Poor management and lack of their regard for others
this job is good
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Billings Heights, MTJuly 2, 2018
i love working with the residents. some of the employees are nice and easy to get along with. i have learned to somethings that i never learned at other facilities.
Money Driven
RN (Former Employee) –  Spearfish, SDApril 26, 2018
This company does not value its patients or employees. It is strictly money driven. Nursing and CNA pay is awful and work is demanding and unrewarded by management.
Pros
Patient contact
Cons
No support for nursing
Stressfull complaning lack of direction
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kalispell, MTMarch 31, 2018
Better direction and more help with lifting and full care residents. Nurses to help more with better direction. Ensentives in the work place. More meetings with staff
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Lack of true help
Rewarding place to work
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Faribault, MNMarch 3, 2018
Rewarding work with great co workers!
Daily tasks are clearly mapped out on computer with support staff to help accomplish goals.
Breaks are encouraged and administration always willing to help and listen.
Pros
Flexible scheduling to accomadate family life
Hope management reads...
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rapid City, SDDecember 1, 2017
Once they finally hired enough people they started cutting peoples hours at work and making them short on hours and pushing people out of the work place.
Pros
The people there are nice
Cons
management cant decide what they want out of staff
Good management and staff. Fun to work with.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDNovember 21, 2017
Management and staff make it a fun environment. The residents are also fun to be with. Turnover is minimal and management tries very hard to make sure you have what is needed to do your job.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Sometimes hard to get a break.
Productive work environment
Dietary Cook/Aide (Former Employee) –  Torrington, WYSeptember 10, 2017
Welcov was a great place to work and the people were welcoming and helpful. They work with your schedule as much as possible which is great if you have a family!
Friendly, casual work environment
Director of Communications (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNSeptember 7, 2017
Meaningful work at a company focused on helping elderly patients recover from illness, get well, and go home. Friendly environment and management always has an open door.
a professional facility that feels family orientated
Cook/CNA (Former Employee) –  Ogallala, NESeptember 5, 2017
I felt I had a very enriching work experience while working with Welcov Healthcare and i was encourage to grow in my career.
The staff was friendly and compassionate of the residence and their families. There was activities daily for the residence and others were invited to join in.
it was a fun and safe work environment.
Welcov employment
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lexington, NESeptember 1, 2017
The residents were the best part of my job, they made my day. I did not like the environment and i was not trained properly before being put on my own. I was not ready and i stated i would like a little more training before being on my own. The proper training was not provided to me.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Coworkers
poor
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kalispell, MTAugust 18, 2017
too much turnover, not enough staffing, poor pay. The place wears you out and no one in management cares. No structure, scheduling is always a mess.
Worst company I ever worked for.
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  MNAugust 17, 2017
Poor training, poor management. Corporate management is a joke. They care about their own jobs and no one else. Management's focus is on dollars rather than residents. They are laying off many workers and reducing hours because they are so far in debt and choose the wrong ones to get rid of. Do you want to work for a for profit company that can't make any money? NEVER enough workers, so everyone is stressed. Favorites being played even though they don't do their jobs. Do not work for this company.You will regret it.
Cons
Horrible place to work! Don't work there, keep looking.
Nurse (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNAugust 16, 2017
They are so short of staff. No equipment to do your job, not even a pen. Corporate doesn't care, they just want to make money. Administrator is a real pit bull. They get rid of the experienced staff. Hire inexperienced staff who will not report their illegal and unethical activities. Residents get horrible care.
Pros
Cons
Everything.
Fun working with the residents
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mitchell, SDAugust 14, 2017
A typical day at work included getting people up for supper, changing them, making sure they looked presentable. I learned a lot working there. The management was great. The hardest part of the job was also the most enjoyable part of the job, the residents.
resident , work , my day
maurice griffith manor (Current Employee) –  Casper, WYJuly 26, 2017
very fun , relaxing , residents are awesome , management is very help full and caring , i've learned so much and i was able to do a cna course . i clean , give out medication
REGIONAL TEAM LEADER (Former Employee) –  Elk Point, SDJuly 7, 2017
I enjoyed the environment from Corporate to my front line staff. My VPO was amazing and I learned so much from her. I could not have asked for a better work experience.
THE WORST place to work or live!!!!
Dietary Aide/Cook (Former Employee) –  Chadron, NEMay 30, 2017
They blatantly lie to your face, saying you can get full time when they don't "have the hours". And having Health care is a joke, it doesn't matter if you are registered as full time, it all is based of the actual hours to work. Don't get me started on pay, it's a pathetic amount.

They take the smallest things and makes them worst than they are. Miss rolling one silverware for the next shift; written up. Going over your time even though your whole job depends on the care aides and CNAs doing their job as well as waiting on the residents. They don't understand how long it takes to do things in the kitchen. I gave them a chance even though all I heard was negative things, don't do it. Just stay away.
Cons
everything. you only get half hour break for morning shift. pay, lieing, benefits.