Welcov Healthcare Employee Reviews

Stressfull complaning lack of direction
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kalispell, MTMarch 31, 2018
Better direction and more help with lifting and full care residents. Nurses to help more with better direction. Ensentives in the work place. More meetings with staff
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Lack of true help
Rewarding place to work
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Faribault, MNMarch 3, 2018
Rewarding work with great co workers!
Daily tasks are clearly mapped out on computer with support staff to help accomplish goals.
Breaks are encouraged and administration always willing to help and listen.
Pros
Flexible scheduling to accomadate family life
Good management and staff. Fun to work with.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDNovember 21, 2017
Management and staff make it a fun environment. The residents are also fun to be with. Turnover is minimal and management tries very hard to make sure you have what is needed to do your job.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Sometimes hard to get a break.
Productive work environment
Dietary Cook/Aide (Former Employee) –  Torrington, WYSeptember 10, 2017
Welcov was a great place to work and the people were welcoming and helpful. They work with your schedule as much as possible which is great if you have a family!
Friendly, casual work environment
Director of Communications (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNSeptember 7, 2017
Meaningful work at a company focused on helping elderly patients recover from illness, get well, and go home. Friendly environment and management always has an open door.
a professional facility that feels family orientated
Cook/CNA (Former Employee) –  Ogallala, NESeptember 5, 2017
I felt I had a very enriching work experience while working with Welcov Healthcare and i was encourage to grow in my career.
The staff was friendly and compassionate of the residence and their families. There was activities daily for the residence and others were invited to join in.
it was a fun and safe work environment.
poor
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kalispell, MTAugust 18, 2017
too much turnover, not enough staffing, poor pay. The place wears you out and no one in management cares. No structure, scheduling is always a mess.
Worst company I ever worked for.
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  MNAugust 17, 2017
Poor training, poor management. Corporate management is a joke. They care about their own jobs and no one else. Management's focus is on dollars rather than residents. They are laying off many workers and reducing hours because they are so far in debt and choose the wrong ones to get rid of. Do you want to work for a for profit company that can't make any money? NEVER enough workers, so everyone is stressed. Favorites being played even though they don't do their jobs. Do not work for this company.You will regret it.
Cons
Horrible place to work! Don't work there, keep looking.
Nurse (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNAugust 16, 2017
They are so short of staff. No equipment to do your job, not even a pen. Corporate doesn't care, they just want to make money. Administrator is a real pit bull. They get rid of the experienced staff. Hire inexperienced staff who will not report their illegal and unethical activities. Residents get horrible care.
Pros
Cons
Everything.
Fun working with the residents
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mitchell, SDAugust 14, 2017
A typical day at work included getting people up for supper, changing them, making sure they looked presentable. I learned a lot working there. The management was great. The hardest part of the job was also the most enjoyable part of the job, the residents.
resident , work , my day
maurice griffith manor (Current Employee) –  Casper, WYJuly 26, 2017
very fun , relaxing , residents are awesome , management is very help full and caring , i've learned so much and i was able to do a cna course . i clean , give out medication
THE WORST place to work or live!!!!
Dietary Aide/Cook (Former Employee) –  Chadron, NEMay 30, 2017
They blatantly lie to your face, saying you can get full time when they don't "have the hours". And having Health care is a joke, it doesn't matter if you are registered as full time, it all is based of the actual hours to work. Don't get me started on pay, it's a pathetic amount.

They take the smallest things and makes them worst than they are. Miss rolling one silverware for the next shift; written up. Going over your time even though your whole job depends on the care aides and CNAs doing their job as well as waiting on the residents. They don't understand how long it takes to do things in the kitchen. I gave them a chance even though all I heard was negative things, don't do it. Just stay away.
Cons
everything. you only get half hour break for morning shift. pay, lieing, benefits.
Horrible
Nurse (Former Employee) –  MnMarch 24, 2017
This place is horrible. No or miscommunication. The residents suffer. Always short staffed. Cutting hours despite being short staff. Administration don't help out and DON will have other nursing management work on the floor while she works 5-6 hours a day and never on the floor. Corporate management has their favorites but only cares about the bottom dollar and not the residents. I could go on and on. State needs to come in and shut the place down it's that awful.
Pros
Cons
Too many to name
Horrible management
Administration (Former Employee) –  WyomingJanuary 25, 2017
Question an abuse allegation?? Get terminated! Need to look elsewhere!! Started out good but then got to know the back stabbing which starts in Edina, not everyone at welcov is horrible but as long as you don't ask questions you are good with your job. Over worked and under paid staff.
Progressive Company
Vice President of Operations (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNJanuary 2, 2017
WHC is a good Company with many very talented and hard working individuals. Down to earth and progressive company with desires to attain the highest levels of quality and services.
Worst company to work for.
RN (Former Employee) –  Helena, MTDecember 21, 2016
Compensation is low. Always Understaffed. Ineffective corporate management. I would never work for them again nor would I recommend this company to anyone.
Director of Nursing (Former Employee) –  IowaNovember 11, 2016
Corporate Management plays favorites. They let good managers that care and make a difference go. People are hired that are young and inexperienced that don't know how to manage. Residents are nice. The corporate needs to look at why good people are let go and managers that are awful are kept
Absolutely wonderful residents, awful management.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDNovember 8, 2016
I worked for this company for 7 months at fountain springs and never received the pay increase I was promised upon hire.
If you are ill you have to find your own replacement or bring your sick into the building (around the residents) and be sent home. If you don't comply with that you get written up even if you bring in a doctors note.
All the management is nursing staff and are supposed to assist on the floor if their short staffed for a day, and I never once saw that even when we only had one aid per hallway. There was also instances they didn't help when we had one aid on two halls. They do not care about the well-being of their residents unless family complains or is present. They only care about the money and making themselves LOOK good. I would never bring a member of my family here!
Pros
Free lunches on 16hr shifts
Cons
Always short handed terrible managment
Horrible place to work
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaSeptember 23, 2016
I was offered a job at welcov as an LPN and I accepted. I was lied to about the amount of hours I would be working and also about the unit I would be working on. I was suppose to be full time but when my schedule came out I was only scheduled for 48 hours in a 2 week period. When I was there we were way understaffed yet hours were being cut. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone!
Cons
No breaks, unstaffed
Don't work for this company
MDS Coordinator (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNSeptember 10, 2016
The company is understaffed and overworked with no training given when you start. They let people go without any written warnings or training on how to improve in your job performance. They escort you out the door without letting you take your personal belongings with your from your office. The facility is filled with drug addicts societies rejects so don't place your loved ones here.
Cons
understaffed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Welcov Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4