Welk Resort Group Employee Reviews

Stay away from welk
Activities (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAFebruary 20, 2019
If you see anything with the name WELK stay away. The people who work there are nice but cross them and you are done. Management is the worst and only care about looking good. You’re promised incentives and the possibility of growing within the company but as soon as you go around management’s approval you have a target on your head. The fat of this company needs to be trimmed.
When you work there expect to never take you lunch on time or even one at all some days. Supervisors are lazy and don’t want to get out of their chairs to help the rest of the team. The department is run by an idiot who takes multiple days off during the week and schedules pointless meetings only to flirt with his staff. If you enjyed high school and being around petty, immature, self centered people then this is the job for you.
Pros
Lots of dead time
Cons
Management and lazy supervisors
Fun and productive workplace
Box Office Associate (Current Employee) –  Branson, MOFebruary 17, 2019
A typical day at work consists of enjoyable interaction with the public while assisting with their needs in a very professionally run environment. Through this job, I've been able to increase my knowledge of the entertainment & hotel industry while working with an incredible team of Managers & co-workers. The hardest part of the job is when you every so often encounter people in the public who are sometimes rude, impatient or disrespectful. However, most of the time, the people I help are very friendly and a pleasure to be around. Being able to help people enjoy their time with us at our theater & our hotel is the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
Understanding & helpful Management, Very enjoyable work environment, Restaurant On Premises
Fantastic place to work!!
Night Auditor/Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Branson, MOFebruary 14, 2019
I absolutely loved the management and front desk team. I would recommend them to anybody who has a positive attitude and is looking to grow with a company.
Convince people to do a timeshare tour (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAFebruary 11, 2019
If you can hustle you can make about 80 to 90k. It is a fin fast pace environment do if you are a self starter this is it. Its pretty fun working at events people pay to go to
Pros
Working xool events
Cons
Driving everywhere
Classy Vacation Ownership Company
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Truckee, CAJanuary 26, 2019
My job is to help new clients own the right level at Welk and coach my colleagues on selling them appropriately. In addition I work with existing clients to upsell their ownership levels.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
Must tolerate a lot of no sale days
great learning experience, awesome group of men
Marketing Agent (Former Employee) –  Bay Area, CAJanuary 25, 2019
Working for Welk helped me in many ways. I learned more about myself in those two years than in most of my life. this job will help you refine you marketing and sales skills. The places we worked where incredible. Although schedule was crazy and work was hard some days. Welk Resorts was a great job.
Pros
fun locations
Cons
long days
You get what you put in
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CADecember 29, 2018
It’s a commission job you work hard you get paid big the culture and your co-workers are great the managers are very helpful they want you to make money bottom line they have great benefits matching 401 K with a reputable company and they walk you through the process great heath Benifits it’s all above board and they are not to big they are still Welk , lots of tours and plenty of work my advice if your lazy don’t apply .
Pros
Free Lunches Great Envirorment Lots of Work.
Cons
Long Days Sometimes
Compensation
Front Desk Agent/Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Cathedral City, CADecember 25, 2018
pay rate for guest service agent isn't enough, as other resort/hotels are paying way more. But I like the people here so I suck it up. Management is good and only wants the best for you. Welk has been the best company I have worked for in a while.
Pros
managment peers company
Cons
bad pay
Tough Job long term
Licensed Sales Agent/Tour Host (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 16, 2018
The sales job at Welk resort is a commission only job in a fast paced and competitive environment. Hard to stay driven long term with extremely fluctuating pay.
great place to ork
Sales Agent, Licensed (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CADecember 16, 2018
great leadership
awesome coworkers
like having a new family
constant training
great product to sale'
integrity is a must
work is fun, our actually excited to go to work.
the CEO visits periodically
Midset, mindset, mindset
Front-Line/In-House Sales (Former Employee) –  Branson, MODecember 6, 2018
Your Mindset will determine your altitude in this company! Show up to work on time and take advantage of every tour in front of you. More than fair commission compensation also.
Pros
Company Values
Cons
Micro Management
One of the best companies to work for in San Diego California
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CANovember 21, 2018
They truly care about the employees, the training is the best training i have ever had in my whole lifetime, The managers and human resources mangers were very helpful in training and getting hired, and any questions i had, They have great opportunity to make a career, and I personally met the CEO within my first couple months there how often does that happen, i highly recommend Welk Resorts San Diego as a great career.
Pros
while i was there in sales free sodas, tea, coffee, paid training, pool table
Cons
One of the best companies I have worked for
Owner Services Agent (Former Employee) –  Vista, CANovember 14, 2018
I worked for owner services and it was definitely a freat environment. They really take time to train their employees and the starting pay was fair. I would reccommend anyone to work at their call center.
Pros
Healthy fun environment
Muy pesado
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CANovember 12, 2018
Exigentes y mal trato a los empleados
Y nunca resuelven nada sobre los pagos
mas oh menos
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Branson, MONovember 10, 2018
que te tranten como un perro oh como si no fueras nada..
Well resorts
Reservation Agent (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CANovember 7, 2018
I really enjoyed working for welk it was a great experience and the hours were very good and they were also very understanding when it came to personal problems and needed to take time off.
Pros
Great company
Cons
No cons at the moment
A family company
MARKETING ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  Vista, CANovember 2, 2018
When I first started at Welk Resorts, it felt like I was there for a couple of months even though it was my first day. Everyone made me feel very welcome and comfortable and you can tell that they're a family.
Fun Environment
Fitness coordinator (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CASeptember 27, 2018
Excellent customer skills performed by every co-worker. Management was easy to get along with and very understanding. Really enjoyed coming in a couple days a week and seeing so many positive and happy people.
unrealistic
Payment Processing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, CAAugust 30, 2018
company as a whole needs to get processes streamlined. does not make sense to lay off people and think that new hires or left over employees will succumb to all the demands of management.
Good pay, but horribly run resort
Guest Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAAugust 19, 2018
Employees are paid well, but the resort is not run well. There is no money spent on the infrastructure of the resort, so the main responsibility of each employee is to apologize to the guest for all of the ways that their stay fell short of their expectations. Not enough attention paid to the upkeep of resort villas or making sure the proper supplies are in the rooms.
Pros
Competitive wages
Cons
More interested in selling timeshare to new guests than taking care of existing owners