Welk Resort Group Employee Reviews

Midset, mindset, mindset
Front-Line/In-House Sales (Former Employee) –  Branson, MODecember 6, 2018
Your Mindset will determine your altitude in this company! Show up to work on time and take advantage of every tour in front of you. More than fair commission compensation also.
Pros
Company Values
Cons
Micro Management
One of the best companies to work for in San Diego California
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CANovember 21, 2018
They truly care about the employees, the training is the best training i have ever had in my whole lifetime, The managers and human resources mangers were very helpful in training and getting hired, and any questions i had, They have great opportunity to make a career, and I personally met the CEO within my first couple months there how often does that happen, i highly recommend Welk Resorts San Diego as a great career.
Pros
while i was there in sales free sodas, tea, coffee, paid training, pool table
Cons
One of the best companies I have worked for
Owner Services Agent (Former Employee) –  Vista, CANovember 14, 2018
I worked for owner services and it was definitely a freat environment. They really take time to train their employees and the starting pay was fair. I would reccommend anyone to work at their call center.
Pros
Healthy fun environment
Muy pesado
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CANovember 12, 2018
Exigentes y mal trato a los empleados
Y nunca resuelven nada sobre los pagos
mas oh menos
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Branson, MONovember 10, 2018
que te tranten como un perro oh como si no fueras nada..
Well resorts
Reservation Agent (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CANovember 7, 2018
I really enjoyed working for welk it was a great experience and the hours were very good and they were also very understanding when it came to personal problems and needed to take time off.
Pros
Great company
Cons
No cons at the moment
A family company
MARKETING ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  Vista, CANovember 2, 2018
When I first started at Welk Resorts, it felt like I was there for a couple of months even though it was my first day. Everyone made me feel very welcome and comfortable and you can tell that they're a family.
Fun Environment
Fitness coordinator (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CASeptember 27, 2018
Excellent customer skills performed by every co-worker. Management was easy to get along with and very understanding. Really enjoyed coming in a couple days a week and seeing so many positive and happy people.
Good pay, but horribly run resort
Guest Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAAugust 19, 2018
Employees are paid well, but the resort is not run well. There is no money spent on the infrastructure of the resort, so the main responsibility of each employee is to apologize to the guest for all of the ways that their stay fell short of their expectations. Not enough attention paid to the upkeep of resort villas or making sure the proper supplies are in the rooms.
Pros
Competitive wages
Cons
More interested in selling timeshare to new guests than taking care of existing owners
Great company
Marketing/Set-Up (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CAAugust 17, 2018
Great company with great benefits. There are times when traveling to all the events can be a bit much, but overall the job is fun and it is something different every day.
Opportunities
Guest Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAAugust 16, 2018
Welk offers many opportunities for advancement as long as you're ambitious. The salary is not competitive with other resorts but the atmosphere in most departments makes up for that. Not every manager is supportive but that's every workplace. Welk is a great place to work, a growing resort and there are a lot of great people that work there.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Salary
The best employer of my career thus far.
Talent Acquisition Recruiting Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CAAugust 7, 2018
It's on a (5) year plan for growth currently and is a good time to join the Welk Team! They Welk Culture provides for accountability and optimal appreciation of employees.
Great people, but not process or policy
Applications Engineer (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CAAugust 3, 2018
Welk Resorts is full of wonderful people. The culture is a good one. However the lack of policy and procedure make it a struggle to function. Overall the people and team at Welk is what has kept me there.
Pros
People, culture
Cons
Lack of policy and procedure for departments
played pool and pingpong while waiting on tour
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CAJuly 28, 2018
Welk Resort excellent company to work for. enjoyed meeting with clients creating life memories,great training, high energy ,fun place good easy life
Pros
changing the lives of people I meet by sharing the importance of spending quality time with family
Cons
seeing enough clients daily to close enough deals to enjoy a healty income
Hard to advance
Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 24, 2018
The environment is stressful and if you don’t make your quota they management will try to give you tips. The work is emotionally draining because they give you leads and the leads are old.
Nice Company
Owner Services Agent (Former Employee) –  Vista, CAJuly 23, 2018
An Owner Services Agent follows the Welk i-Serve standards by answering incoming calls, emails and facsimiles from internal and external guests, owners and exchangers to process reservations, answer inquiries and questions, handle complaints, troubleshoot challenges, solicit additional services, conduct follow-up and provide product information, in a friendly, courteous and efficient manner.
very social place to work
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Branson, MOJuly 17, 2018
A typical day is 8:30 hours with no lunch and breaks only if you smoke. Supervision is limited at best and rules enforced only when it is convenient.
Management is a joke.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAJuly 12, 2018
During my time here, I worked for two departments. My managers were great, at the time, however, corporate let go of the most knowledgeable and important individuals within the company. This restructure completely ruined the atmosphere. Corporate has no idea what they are doing, and no concept of what's actually happening. They look at reports and data but with no concern to the actual action happening in the workplace. The ergonomics is terrible. Training is non existent. HR is slow and unreliable; completely worthless. Work weekends, work holidays, and no room for growth. Pay is below standard. Lack of ability to work with your outside schedule. Most of my complaints are in regard to corporate. Like I said, I had amazing managers at first. But I was definitely lucky in that regard. Those with the knowledge, talent, and concern for your well-being are probably not with the company anymore. By the way, there are only a handful of people in sales who've been around and had success. Everyone else just leaves after a few months. Those with connections or even a little bit of success often come back, but just leave again. With that said, I have no opinion about sales or that spectrum of management. Good luck.
need better pay
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, CAJuly 10, 2018
The job is sort of competitive and there was certain times of the year where it would get super slow and you would make less commission. Worked there for 3 years and no one got a raise.
Okay
HR Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CAJuly 6, 2018
Hard to keep up with the constant workload with being short staffed. Gets real busy during the summer months so prepare yourself. Management protects the ones they like so change rarely happens. Benefits are good when you have time to take a vacation.