Welk Resort Group Employee Reviews

very social place to work
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Branson, MOJuly 17, 2018
A typical day is 8:30 hours with no lunch and breaks only if you smoke. Supervision is limited at best and rules enforced only when it is convenient.
Management is a joke.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAJuly 12, 2018
During my time here, I worked for two departments. My managers were great, at the time, however, corporate let go of the most knowledgeable and important individuals within the company. This restructure completely ruined the atmosphere. Corporate has no idea what they are doing, and no concept of what's actually happening. They look at reports and data but with no concern to the actual action happening in the workplace. The ergonomics is terrible. Training is non existent. HR is slow and unreliable; completely worthless. Work weekends, work holidays, and no room for growth. Pay is below standard. Lack of ability to work with your outside schedule. Most of my complaints are in regard to corporate. Like I said, I had amazing managers at first. But I was definitely lucky in that regard. Those with the knowledge, talent, and concern for your well-being are probably not with the company anymore. By the way, there are only a handful of people in sales who've been around and had success. Everyone else just leaves after a few months. Those with connections or even a little bit of success often come back, but just leave again. With that said, I have no opinion about sales or that spectrum of management. Good luck.
need better pay
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, CAJuly 10, 2018
The job is sort of competitive and there was certain times of the year where it would get super slow and you would make less commission. Worked there for 3 years and no one got a raise.
Okay
HR Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CAJuly 6, 2018
Hard to keep up with the constant workload with being short staffed. Gets real busy during the summer months so prepare yourself. Management protects the ones they like so change rarely happens. Benefits are good when you have time to take a vacation.
Pay is horrible/
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Vista, CAJune 13, 2018
I enjoy my time here with Welk, however the pay is horrible for Owner Service Agents. They are not trending with the other organizations who do the same thing.
Pros
Great Group of People to work with lots of vacations
Cons
Horrible PAY
Great money
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 12, 2018
The days are very long but their is potential to make six figures. You must work weekends and holidays. Great way to train in sales and take the knowledge else where if you need to
Cut throat
Quality Assurance, Auditions/Owner (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, CAJune 7, 2018
Worked long hours at minimum wage. Some employees would leave to go shopping during work hours while others stayed to work. The only way to keep your job was to have a friend in management. Periodically, almost every employee would be fired and a new batch of employees would be hired, especially the sales people working in the time shares. Commissions were always not paid as promised.
Pros
Cons
Bad management
A fun fast-paced environment
Lead Activities Attendant (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CAMay 27, 2018
Typical day at work includes hosting activities, answering phones, taking down guest information, handling guest challenges and providing a clean, nice environment for people to enjoy.
Variety and Fun Events
Marketing Agent (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CAMay 25, 2018
Possibility that you can end up working in some of the malls where there people hardly sign up. The fun events are where the money can be made. Coworkers really help make this a fun work environment.
Terrible management but great company.
Activities Attendant (Former Employee) –  Branson, MOMay 23, 2018
The company itself is great; it has many benefits and reasonable pay. However, the management is terrible. Oftentimes the manager comes in late and goes home early. They are also unreliable to communicate with and force employees to come in even when very sick at the threat of termination.
Pros
Good pay and great benefits
Cons
Short breaks and bad management
Terrible management but great company benefits
Activities (Former Employee) –  Branson, MOMay 23, 2018
The management was absolutely horrible. They cared little about their employees and how operations should be handled. The management would schedule you for days that you could not work. Several times I gave weeks notice on a day I would not be available and the management would still schedule me and argue with me over my shift. I would not recommend this place as a potential job to anyone unless they are in absolute dire need of a job. There were hardly ever breaks and whenever there was an apportunity for one, management would spend it talking with you.
Benefits
Cons
No breaks, bad management, terrible scheduling
A typical day of work
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CAMay 20, 2018
A typical day of work is always busy and interesting. I think you learn everyday and there is always something to do. Everyday its a new adventure at Welks even for the guest.
Excellent place
PURCHASING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAMay 14, 2018
I highly recommend this place for anyone to work. They really care about their employees. They are very involved and have different programs to help balance work and life. Fun too. Management is cool and has clear directions of what they want which is why they've been so successful. Apply here and if you get the job hang on to it and move up.
Pros
They care about their employees
Cons
Customers can get demanding, but that's the nature of the job
Worst Job I Have Ever Had
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Vista, CAMay 12, 2018
They pride themselves on the “Welk Way” and always stress that “we’re all here to help you” which couldn’t be any further from the truth. Their 3 week zero tolerance training 8 hours a day including Saturdays if the trainer “feels like having a work week day off” she’ll just change your schedule with little warning. Then let’s move on to “being on the floor” where you have these Talent Coaches that constantly give you misinformation. And while you’re getting lectured to ask “other people” and “you should’ve known better “ the Talent Coach says “Oops, I didn’t know that changed”. And here’s where this job really sucks!! They believe in all communication to be done via email or phone, EVERYTHING. Calling in sick or late is s nightmare. They have 1 cellphone that none of the agents want to answer so they don’t. It doesn’t have a voicemail!! The other way is to EMAIL so everyone in the office can read it and they require you to call 24-hours ahead of time, no getting off early for an appointment of any kind, and they don’t accept doctor’s notes for an absence. In one week I saw 7 people from high up management,supervisors to Owner Service Agents get “let go” because they were sick or late but couldn’t get ahold of anyone before hand on the 1 one number. “It is unacceptable” to call any other phone number in the call center to talk to a Supervisor. Life happens in 90-days. This company has such negative feedback that they have daily employees trolling the internet trying to counter act all the bad reviews from employees past or present.
Don’t make the mistake like I did! Here’s
  more... a great example of Why Not: someone from corporate was trying to show all the agents something (but you only had 15 minutes and it counts as a break, not by choice) couldn’t get it to work so he begins to ask questions like “Who just Started” or “Who has worked here longer that 1 Year”? Literally, 5 people raised their hand out of 90 employees!! They claim to all about Family and Unity! Ha!! They must’ve forgot about the Valur of Forgivenesses!! And could use a mandatory workshop on How to Treat Employees Like Human Beings !! We’re Not Just an Extension.  less
Pros
Our Coworkers are Kind
Great coworkers Bad management
Food and Beverage Attendant (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAMay 10, 2018
I did not like management. There was a lot of double standards and hypocrisy. Loved the coworkers and people that I served. You get some nice perks though.
Pros
Free meal
Team Member Investment
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Branson, MOMay 2, 2018
The greatest part about Welk Resorts is the culture! They invest in each of their team members and set them up for the best possible career path. From dynamic training to team member recognition, Welk Resorts truly cares about the person behind the name tag.
Loved it
Sales agent (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 28, 2018
I had a fantastic manager and sales trainer ! I averaged 7 sales a week and was able to go full time ! Amazing job if you are willing to be driven by sales !
Pros
Fantasyic work enviroments
Cons
No breaks
Resort in Branson
Hospitality Associate (Former Employee) –  Branson, MOApril 21, 2018
worked as waiter and room service person. Really liked it. people were friendly. Great experience going forward. Would like a similar job. Stress was minimal.
Can’t get much worse than this...
Owner Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vista, CAApril 19, 2018
Former employee for over 3 years. Started in an entry-level position and worked up. Upper management is aware that they are tasking you with 16 hours of work to complete in an 8 hour day while paying you the lowest rate in the industry. Managers are always locked in their office whilst enjoying their lunches (commonly referred to as Meetings). Communication could NOT be any worse. Terrible/ridiculous goals for call center agents.. Morale is another one.. Everyone at Welk wants to say, “let’s boost morale! This isn’t how it used to be!!” but management gets away with calling team-members “trash”. Real morale booster, isn’t it? Negative atmosphere.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor management, communication and no trust.
Don’t do it!
Telemarketing Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 12, 2018
Just don’t do it! Calling and recalling leads hoping that someone will answer the phone. Managers are a joke and the commissions are as well. You’ll be better off at McDonald’s.