Well Care Health Employee Reviews

2.9
Ratings breakdown
Good Company
Medical Records Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJuly 16, 2018
Well Managed Home Health Care agency has a 5 star rating. The Medical Records Specialist are paid a very low hourly wage for the amount of stress put on them. Overall, I have learned a great deal from my employment at Well Care and thankful for the career opportunity.
It is well
LPN (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 29, 2018
Nice place to work at flexible schedule . I really enjoy working with people doing home health it has opened my mind up to so much and I know it is what I am meant to do
Good pay - Good ethics
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 24, 2018
Good pay. Good corporate policies. Management is overall very personable. Pay is very competitive. Can be busy and lots of paperwork, as is the case in all home health positions.
Satisfied
Intake Insurance Authorizations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCMay 2, 2018
WellCare is a great place to work! I feel like my direct co workers are my family. It can be stressful due to volume, however my team makes it bearable. We always find time to laugh.
benefits
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCApril 26, 2018
A typical day at work consisted of me filing and purging medical records for the most part of the day then the last part of the day was spent checking Activities of Daily Living in the Nursing department.
Review of employement at Well Care Home Health.
Education Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Advance, NCJanuary 7, 2018
Still employed and enjoying it. I have plans to retire with Well Care. The work/life balance and employee relationships are second-to-none. Each employee is highly valued and the company is continuously seeking ways to enhance employee relationships and care for workers and their families. The customer service culture is unheard of and reflects why we became clinicians in the first place.
Pros
Great culture, work/life balance, relationships
Cons
A little low on the pay scale, and benefits are a bit pricey.
salary is too low, no growing within
Retention Specialist (Current Employee) –  new york ManhattanDecember 19, 2017
I enjoy my job but there is no advancement to grow within.
Salary is too low. I have learned a lot by helping members with their medical insurance. We have all types of culture within the company. there is no hard part in my job. the enjoyable part is that we all treat each other like a family
Pros
hours
Cons
salary
Wasn't for me
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 8, 2017
I didn't think it was the perfect role for me. I had experience in a different type of position and the role i was hired in was not a match. The company was not bad to work for.
Very stressful environment, healthy job overall
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 26, 2017
Did not get paid fairly at all. Had put on application that I was only willing to work specific areas and would get constant calls to go over 30 miles away. The patients or you sometimes weren't informed about their care until arrival. Patients were stressed justed as much as the CNA. Office staff nevered listen to you informing them of any patient changes.
Pros
The WORST job I've ever had (especially billing)
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCOctober 26, 2017
Run! This place is absolutely awful to work at. They don't care about you as an employee at all. They load you down with as much work as possible and want to pay you as least as possible. I wasn't allowed to use the bathroom or leave my desk without getting scolded or threatened to be fired. You don't get your own work space. You will be crammed in a small room with about 10 other people with the manager in there to watch your every move. If you think I'm lying, ask them to show you around the ENTIRE office during the interview. Don't let them leave out any sections. You also will be yelled at regularly. Worked like a dog. And they will not work with you when things come up. The billing department gets the WORST treatment from the entire company. You will be doing at least 3 other departments job and no appreciation. Management is AWFUL. Being yelled at and cussed at on a regular basis is the norm. Whatever you do, I am trying to save you from a miserable job! Please protect yourself and don't get this job. I promise you it will be an awful experience. Oh and if you think HR will help you, think again. And the insurance really sucks.
Cons
No breaks, harassment, low pay for amount of work

Want to know more about Well Care Health?

Ask a question
Poor management
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCOctober 22, 2017
Will not get 10$ an hour unless you float.. very stressful, expected to pick up shifts and are given no knowledge of patient you are being sent to.
Know of two CNAs that were told there were pediatric shifts during the recruitment process and then once they were hired, never saw a pediatric case. They occasionally have them but definitely ask about specifics during recruitment process and if they offer you 10$ an hour, ask for a copy of the paper they write that on so they cannot manipulate you into to floating for that once you are through the orintation process.
Not a good experience for me, often stressful for the patient as well. They just don’t respect their aides or listen to them at all.
challenging and rewarding.
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 11, 2017
High expectations and high rewards. Feels good to provide a health service to customers, however, from the viewpoint of someone new to the industry, the expectations are very high.
Pros
Rewarding work in health care
Cons
High expectations for goals
Good management team
Staff physical therapist (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 30, 2017
Work has changed in the last year where now the Professional (PT, RN, OT) are only doing Starts of Care, reassessments, and discharges. No longer will you have a steady caseload, so now the schedule varies daily with new patients. The lack of patient contact is most difficult and the assistants do not always communicate what is going on with the patient. So you spend a lot of unpaid time, following up, doing extra paperwork, and try to keep up with MD orders. It has become very frustrating and time consuming.
Pros
Good benefits, Pto, good management team, excellent training program
Cons
Lack of patient contact, too much paper work which can consume your private life to get it done right.
Horibble
CNA (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 6, 2017
No appreciation for aides... send you half way across the county for a mere 2 hour case. Office staff has an attitude, there are a few that are quite pleasant to talk to ... not sure how they think its positive for the company. They will take on more patients than what they have staff available then bribe you to take a case with a gift card .. horrible ethics and not how a company should be ran.
Pros
pros will ALWAYS be the clients
Cons
everything BUT the clients
As much work as you want
Home Health RN (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 27, 2017
As an RN this is a great job if you don't have a social life or really want to work 12 hour days 7 days a week. They had such a huge patient load, they couldn't staff appropriately. What was supposed to be 5 patients a day turned into 7-8 and they would push you for more. Even my manager stepped down because it was such a stressful job. The pay was good, but not worth how much pressure and ridiculous charting there was. Communication between the office staff and clinical staff was non existent. Patients were constantly calling and saying no one showed up for their schedule dressing change or blood draw because the office staff didn't communicate with the nurses.
Pros
Pay, independence
Cons
overloading your schedule, lack of communication
This has to be the worst ever home health company ever
LPN no case manager ever (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 26, 2017
13 Hr a day.Company does not care if pnt seen or not
Watch do not work here or else u loss but sad the pnt has lost before you !!!!!!I sent more pnt to hosp than I saw because they were not ever seen and no one cares and you will not be paid if u do anything outside a pnt home
Pros
the clients
Cons
PNT love me but thats alll
Worst company I have ever worked for
RN Case Manager Home Health (Former Employee) –  Franklin County, NCAugust 3, 2017
This company promises rainbows and smiles and instead is all about control and unfairness. I have been a nurse 24 years and ive never been treated in the way I was treated at this company. They have unrealistic goals give you an entire county to deal with where you are driving 4 hours a day and expect all your paperwork to be in within 24 hours and have no home life. Not to mention they have out of control workers that are bossimg you around and not following the RN careplan and constantly trying to override the RNs authority and the management does nothing to stop the situation. The management micromanages tells you what you have to do and you basically get NO orientation especially if you have experience.
Pros
Cons
workload, paperwork turn in time, drive time, huge territory, out of control staff.
Fast paced environment
Nurse Supervisor/Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 16, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed working with my coworkers, clients and nurses in Raleigh. My immediate Manager and Director were absolutely wonderful! I gained lots of information as a result of working for this company.
Pros
Rewarding job
Cons
Underpaid
Extremely disappointing
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 14, 2017
There's so much turnover here, you'd think that by now they would figure out its the Company and not the staff.
All about the mighty dollar! They thrive on quantity and not quality. Caseloads are TOO MUCH! Management doesn't care, they throw you to the wolves and rarely help you out when you go to them with questions or concerns.
OH, and the reason they are a "5 Star" company is because clinicians are constantly harassed and pressured into changing their documentation to show false progress.
I hate it, I love the patients and am very upset that I can't provide them the care they deserve.
I'm out of here as soon as I get another job.
Pros
Patients
Cons
Sooooo much
It has been a pretty good experience working here.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJuly 3, 2017
They are very flexible and will work with your schedule. They offer the opportunity for career advancement within company if permitted. They have a fun and community feel and are very pleasant to work with.